Touch of magic for us!

fitzgra

Mouseketeer
Thought you might all like to know that the "magic" is still at WDW and in particular at the Cape May Cafe.pixiedust:

Background: DH and I live 2 hrs south of WDW - his birthday - 5 days at world - 2 nights at AKL (his wish) 2 nights at BWI (my choice - never been before).
Loved BWI and surrounding area (mind you we have stayed on site at least 20 times and experienced BW as guests at YC).

Okay Cape May - we had breakfast on Fri - his b-day. Thought bill was high but didn't really check closely. Sat decided to chg ADR to Cape May for dinner - checking $ left and noticed we had been charged for dinner instead of breakfast day before. We never feel we are entitled to anything, but will be happy with just a credit for the difference. Spoke to Greta, manager at checkin for restaurant. She explains there was a problem and everyone was credited back. Then she looks at our receipt and discovers we were given wrong receipt - not guest but restaurant. We get seated for dinner, she comes back and not only apolgizes profusely (not necessary we tell her!) but comps our dinner for the evening. Mary was our server and the best!!!!!!

We have always loved Cape May but now have another reason to go back....honest, caring and guest oriented service!!!!!party:

Nothing beats the feeling you get from good customer service.:cool1:

The amount it costs the restaurant is more than made up for in the goodwill that it generates. I have never understood why more places don't seem to get this.

We have always enjoyed Cape May and I am glad to hear about your positive experience.

except it is customer service related for errors in billing. The morning we were checking out we got our itemized. It was long because we charge everything to the room. My had added the Water Parks and More option to our ten day non-expiring tickets. The check showed $39 for two adults and $35 for two kids. The addition is $50 + tax for all.

I hate being overcharged and I understand most of the time it's due to an honest mistake. Since I don't feel guilty about questioning an overcharge, I would feel guilty about ignoring an identified overcharge. Again - people make honest mistakes.

I went down to the concierge desk. The person I spoke with had no idea why the lower amount was charged. He went to speak with his manager and came back to tell me that were not going to increase the charges.

I would have been happy to pay the additional charges since even then it's a great deal. But it was a nice gesture on the part of the CMs and it should be acknowledged. This thread gave me an easy opportunity.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter