Total newbie to Universal

thanks, just wrote all that down in my notebook

An aside: I joined these boards 10 years but haven't posted since '08. After this past two days, I now remember why. This place is dangerous. Between this post and my last about two hours ago, I have done nothing but read this board including two very long trip report threads. I swear that some of these would make great TV movies. I'm exhausted like I just took these two trips myself. What I didn't do was all the stuff I planned to do tonight !

Thank you for that

I wrote it originally because I got so much help here, especially from Moderators, who should all get lifetime free passes to all things Orlando because the (extensive) work you do does nothing but promote this special place and enhance the experience for all the rest of us

TICKETS QUESTION

Tried finding this elsewhere on these boards but there is soooo much info.

I was going to just get one day, one park tix online but it occurs to me that if the day we are supposed to show up is too rainy, we might not want to go

SO ...
  1. Are the online tix day specific?
  2. Is there such a thing as a raincheck?
  3. Do they sell out?
  4. Is there any difference in buying a day or two in advance online versus a month in advance?

TIA

Next, I have to figure out what those twinkies with overalls and glasses are and why one only has one eye

I'm at UO now and checked in late at rpr

Just scanning they the boards now

I'll be brief as it is going on 2 am Saturday

No rain check tickets
Buy your ticket and use it anytime

Ep tix are date and park specified and no rainchecks

Buy park tickets a year out or a day out
They will stay valid
They don't expire
If you buy a multiday pass, they do expire within the time frame listed in the pass once first used
It might state tickets expire 7 days from activation
Read the info on the website to find out

At one time multiday passes expired 14 days from first usage

I have not read the present policy so do read that info before you buy

With Volcano Bay opening soon, think there is different info about expiration on some ticket multiday passes

Look into buying tickets at an authorized reseller. I got 2 day 2 park with a bonus day free from UT. Then I was able to upgrade while there to a Seasonal AP for only $35. Now I have a year minus blackout dates to revisit and also qualify for AP discounts on hotel rooms. You can book an AP rate room, buy it once you get there and then show it to the front desk.

This is what I was looking into. I think we're not sure if we can upgrade the new 2 day/2 free tickets, but you were able to upgrade with the 1 extra day? That's a lot cheaper than outright buying the seasonal pass, right?

This is what I was looking into. I think we're not sure if we can upgrade the new 2 day/2 free tickets, but you were able to upgrade with the 1 extra day? That's a lot cheaper than outright buying the seasonal pass, right?

What I heard was the the buy two get two is not upgradable.

At the time that we did our upgrade it was $23 per ticket savings so not a lot cheaper but when you times it by 4 it covers a decent meal or two.

Is there any break for seniors for anything? Couldn't find anything herein but the rest of the world seems to have something (i.e. Nat'l and State Parks, MLB, even McDonalds)

Many years ago there was a senior provision ticket that could be bought in person at the outside guest services

At guest services tickets were a slight discount due to limitations the senior could do

A discounted rate for tickets were for sale depending on the situation or physical condition

When an elderly person is there with the family, dau/son and grandkids, they might take a pass on the more "active" coaster rides or basic rides such as MIB for example and just sit with the kids that are young in strollers

If they are there for the family company and not there for rides, a senior ticket was done years back

Now a days there are many seniors age 65 and up that do all the rides in the park
Have no idea if the past senior tickets are still in the system
There is nothing on the website to offer it for seniors to buy

Limited senior discounts for food in the parks or city walk

Burger King does give senior discounts.

well, nice try :)

Seems that when you get older, two things happen:
  1. You get to like the word "free"
  2. You start looking for alcohol on a more often basis
For the record:
Senior for the National Park and NY State Park systems is 62
Senior tickets for most MLB clubs is 60
Senior for McDonalds is a mere 50
and so forth

This organization needs to get on the ball here :)

you forgot AARP starts at 50 .....

i have no idea what UO considers a senior age or if they even have those senior tickets from back in 2008 at this time

Leaving in a few days ...

A few more if I may:

1. Is there a ride that one should beeline to at park opening (i.e. Test Track) that becomes really crowded later?
  2. I just saw something on some sort of pass for City Walk. What is that for?
  3. long term forecast shows that it is going to be really hot the day we visit (I hate hot Florida :). Any insider tips for days like that?

Despicable Me always has a queue and starts early. Get there as early as you can.

Citywalk Pass gets you into the clubs for free.

Hit air conditioned shops, restaurants and rides.........drink plenty of water.

I love hot Orlando!

Thanks Schumigirl.

There are clubs? Are old folk allowed :) ?

Wife told me to stop whining and that Hot FLA is better than Rain FLA. Guess she has a point.

Welcome to Florida :sunny:. We are having a great winter here.

Next, I have to figure out what those twinkies with overalls and glasses are and why one only has one eye

LOL....they are Minions. You will get to know them well on the ride Despicable Me......We love them here. This will get you started.

IMG_1808.JPG
IMG_1809.JPG
IMG_1810.PNG

Thanks Schumigirl.

There are clubs? Are old folk allowed :) ?

Wife told me to stop whining and that Hot FLA is better than Rain FLA. Guess she has a point.

Lol.......well we could get in so I'm sure you'll be fine.......

We are planning on hitting the karaoke one night this year........earplugs may be necessary that night :blush:

We live for that heat all year.........my DH laughed when I complained one night last year I was cold......it dropped down to a very pleasant 79f! After almost 100 it felt positively cold to me!

I looked up the Minions and it looks like it is really entertaining. Considering that it is the 11th highest gross of all time ($1.1 billion !) it must be.

I like how they attach themselves to bad guys and cause havoc for them. Would be nice if someone introduced them to Bill Belichick (kidding Pats fans). Still doesn't explain why Stuart only has one eye and how he can play a guitar with a round neck, ridiculously high action and with only 2 fingers and a thumb :)

Now I have to see the movie. The sequel won't be out until summer 2020 so I have some time.

The 4th sequel/ spin off. Despicable Me 1 and 2 are a ton better than the Minions movie. The 3rd Despicable Me comes out this summer.

OMG

Been looking at various websites that predict the wait times for Thur. 3/2/17 and shows about 6'45" of total waiting time for just 8 rides. The park is open 11 hours so you spend the majority of your time on line? Yeesh ...

The "Orlando Informer Blog" predicts this day as "busy", the second highest crowd level
I was going to do this in the following order (wait time in parenthesis):

1. Despicable Me (1'40")
  2. Transformers (1'05")
  3. Shrek (45")
  4. Terminator (35")
  5. E.T. (45")
  6. Simpsons (1'00")
  7. Men in Black (55")
  8. Gingotts (2'00") ... really TWO HOURS ?!?!?!?

That is astounding to me, but it can't be right can it ? After all, some folks show up with kids and to make kids wait like that would turn them into something that would make Linda Blair's character in the Exorcist look like Minnie Mouse !

... and before you say it, given the extremely high price of admission, I refuse to pay the exorbitant charge for express passes (that is out and out highway robbery compared to the competition across town)

No point here, I am just in abject shock. I had never heard of anything this bad. I guess we will just have to grin and bear it as I already bought the tickets, but out of curiosity, what do you veterans do while on these long waits? Especially those of you with kids?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter