Total newbie to Universal

It's a busy time. You know ahead of time. Plan and buy the EP for one day...........it's worth its weight in gold.

Most people book a 1 night stay and get 2 days EP with that one night stay.........priceless!!

It's not out and out robbery compared to the competition down the road.

They don't force you to buy it. If you don't pay you queue, it's simple. A one day ticket anywhere is more expensive.......same with the competition down the road.........

With one day EP makes total sense to me to get the most out of your day. If you don't see the value in it, then you don't buy it.

Fudbutter, waits like that are common when you do the parks during spring break

Do what schumi suggested or go early and use the single rider lines when possible

As mentioned before, check out the website and figure out a plan in advance on what you want to see and do

Learn the layout of the parks so you know where items are located
That will save you time

Most Florida entertainment parks are crowded during spring breaks

This was my fault for making a bad assumption. There are three levels of ticket pricing; value, regular and peak. Value is good for “value season” only and that is what was shown for the day we were to visit. Normally, these tickets are to draw people in when the traffic is low, i.e. matinee movies during the week, baseball tickets during the week early in the season when school is in, etc. I have no idea why Universal wouldn’t charge regular or peak for this day.

Unfortunately, you have to sign up with your name for the tickets so there is no secondary market. This is good because people would buy them to sell to the public on the secondary market to make money and cause families to have to pay an even higher amount for the tickets. It also prevent some from dumping the tickets when you can’t use them for either face value or at a deep discount.

We will probably cut our losses and eat the $223 we spent on the tix, cancel our Orlando hotel and reroute our trip appropriately. I do appreciate the kind help and quick responses on this board. I wish there were boards like this for other things. You folks are simply the best.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter