Tony's Restaurant

I wish they would go back to serving breakfast. Their dinners aren't very good, but back in the day they made a great breakfast (the "Italian" French Toast was delicious) and it's a wonderful spot/atmosphere for breakfast.

mcd2745 said:
I wish they would go back to serving breakfast. Their dinners aren't very good, but back in the day they made a great breakfast (the "Italian" French Toast was delicious) and it's a wonderful spot/atmosphere for breakfast.

They suck at dinner and lunch...so they probably will get better reviews with breakfast! They should give that a try.

Our meal at Tony's was fine. Not amazing but not horrific. We were seated right away and service was fast which we appreciated. Food was decent to us. I'm not running back there but I had no real complaints.

Especially when paying OOP it's a must do for us:goodvibes We don't even need to see the menu: I get the chicken parm & DH the steak and we never room for dessert (until we walk past the dole whips later lol)

it depends on what sort of tomato sauce you enjoy:confused3. Just glad it's not marinara of the sort with hunks of carrots in it, more along lines of the sicilian version i enjoy.

We enjoyed our meal at Tony's, had the spaghetti & meatballs. We thought the meatballs were very good. The sauce is good, but it could be cooked down more as the onions were visible and the tomatoes seemed to be food processed and just not cooked long enough. I would eat there again

We enjoyed our dinner. I think the appetizers were better than the entrees but all of it was pretty good.

Don't forget to ask about Butch and Lady. I mentioned that I had hoped to be able to repay him for the rat problem he cleared up for me by buying him dinner.

The Waiter came back with a card with Butch and Lady's paw-print. He said, "Butch did stop by for lunch and he left something for you."

It was very cool.

Tony's was our worst dining experience during our Disney Vacation of 2012. Horrible server who did not look like she wanted to be there. Food was not great and I had the steak!

I have seen people complain about Tonys alot. We go every trip and we enjoy it. We are from NJ/NY area where italian food is really good IMO and we still like Tonys

Its not super fancy or super great, but its the same as any local Italian restaurant you might have where you live.

We usually get a salad and have chicken parm. If you go there later at night you might be able to watch the parade go by while you eat also.

The chicken parm and spaghetti and meatballs were barely edible. The sauce tastes like bad jar sauce and the pasta was hard. Not worth going back for us.

I have been debating on cancelling our ADR's for Tony's and I think after reading all of these comments that I will CANCEL it and save my money! I was looking forward to the chicken parm but I can get that at Pinocchio Village Haus for much less :)

Last Sept DH and I went on a couples trip to WDW. I read all the negative reviews on Tony's and decided to book it anyways. I went with an open mind about it and we were both pleasantly suprised. We thought it was a pretty good meal. Was it the greatest italian meal ever? No, but it was a good meal and we would definitely dine there again.

We liked Tony's; especially lunch. They have really good paninis and flatbreads. I think the atmosphere is charming and I've never had bad service there.

We've only ever gotten the spaghetti & meatballs and thought it was great (gone 3x over the years). It's just spaghetti & meatballs for sure but what would you expect? :confused3 I hate chef boyardee and generally don't like all food in a can/out of a box including soups so I have really never understood that comparison. At home we make our own marinara with tons of chunks so I'm not even a Prego or Ragu girl either. To each their own! :goodvibes

We've only ever gotten the spaghetti & meatballs and thought it was great (gone 3x over the years). It's just spaghetti & meatballs for sure but what would you expect? :confused3 I hate chef boyardee and generally don't like all food in a can/out of a box including soups so I have really never understood that comparison. At home we make our own marinara with tons of chunks so I'm not even a Prego or Ragu girl either. To each their own! :goodvibes

I expected a sauce that didn't taste like pure tomato paste and pasta that wasn't rock hard. And I guess meatballs and chicken parm that tasted good lol. Just not worth it for us, too many places we do like!

I agree food at Tomys is very bland.. Ate lunch and dinner & lunch was better.. Panini guess you can't mess that up!

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & POFQ Sept 8-15, 2013

First, I want to thank everybody for posting their Tony experiences. I've gone back and forth on whether to cancel my reservation. I'm keeping it because I want to try Tony's once and I've eaten at Colonial Harbor House and Cosmic Ray's too many times. I'm going to be a brave soul and order the spaghetti. :)

skeletor40 said:
First, I want to thank everybody for posting their Tony experiences. I've gone back and forth on whether to cancel my reservation. I'm keeping it because I want to try Tony's once and I've eaten at Colonial Harbor House and Cosmic Ray's too many times. I'm going to be a brave soul and order the spaghetti. :)

Thumbsup:)

Ate at Tony;s when we were there mid March. MK was slammed that day. We were "winging it" and paying OOP. (usually we do DDP). Anyway, we decided to eat in the park and not to take the time to go to Contemporary or something because we had Space FPs coming due. (BTW - FP enforcement really interfered with attempts to wing it).

We decided we really wanted Table Service so we went to Tony's as the most likely place to get a seat. (I'd been trying to make a ressie earlier in the day using the Disney app and wifi refused to work)

They told us a 1-1.5 hr wait. DH really wanted a TS meal so we sat and waited. I asked about coming back in a half hr but the waitress said we might get called sooner and not to leave. So we sat. It was OK - they had Lady and the Tramp playing as well a guy showing the kids how to toss a pizza.

We eventually made it in. The kids re-created the sphagetti scene (from a distance) and then made DH and I do the real thing. So we got some fun pics. Everyone enjoyed their meals. Can't remember what we ate though. I know my son had sphagetti. It wasn't amazing - but solidly good and we were happy we made the effort to eat there. It hit the spot for us.

:yay: Good choice!
BTW, I'm a Savannah girl originally!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter