Tony's Restaurant

skeletor40

Don't you know? Cartoon villains walk this world!
Hello everyone. Going down to Disney for my annual trip. Going in less than a month and I'm excited as always to be in my favorite place. Finally booked a reservation at Tony's restaurant. Read some bad reviews but I have to try it once to see for myself.

Any tips on making it a pleasant experience? Any menu item worth ordering? Thanks in advance,

As long as you stay away from their tomato sauce, there's a slight chance you might not hate your meal. Lol. Their tomato/marinara sauce is awful. Most people who hated their food had a dish with that sauce. Everyone who liked it had other things like steak, calamari etc. Good luck.

Tried dinner an lunch & we liked lunch much better! There panini is amazing!

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & POFQ Sept 8-15, 2013

We've eaten there every year for the last 3 years. We go for dinner and get the chicken parm. I don't think it was the best dinner we ever had at disney, but I also don't think it was the worse. I think you will get good and bad reviews on every restaurant. Since you have never eaten there go and enjoy.

I liked Tony's. Not sure why it gets bad reviews.:confused3 I had the chicken parm, house salad (yum!), and pistachio creme brulee when I went and enjoyed everything. :)

I've eaten at Tony's twice, once having the meatballs & the other having the steak. I fall into the "no sauce" advice here. The meatballs I did not like but I thought the steak was lovely.

In fact of all my dining party anyone who ordered an Italian meal went away disappointed & anybody who had steak or something more generic was satisfied.

As somebody said every restaurant here will have it's supporters & haters. We ate here as there was nowhere else in MK to eat for us, with BoG opening up I am able to say we've ditched Tony's for that.

We are also in the "no sauce" camp. I prefer Tony's for lunch, agree the paninis are decent. We have had a few so-so meals, but I do love the restaurant so we are going to go back in August. May just go for appetizers and dessert. Love the zucchini fries and pistacio creme brulee!

We tried Tony's 2 different times and not our favorite, we tried dinner and lunch, but maybe we are just Italian food snobs:) There are other resturants in MK we liked much better, we liked Liberty Tree Tavern better in Magic Kingdom if looking in a park, but we have started to venture out of the park to go to near resorts for dining table service as a nice break and it is only an extra ride on the monorail or boat ride. To us we are not as rushed, service seems better and you get to have a peak at other resorts

My husband really liked Tony's, he is very picky and he enjoyed the sauce.

I really enjoyed the cheese bread with tomatoes on top. It was good to me.

I hope you enjoy your experience, there are several restaurants we enjoy at Disney that gets bad reviews here on DIS.

Enjoy! :)

Our Ratings of Tony's Town Square: (rev 1/20/2013)
. . . food price value: C
. . . food quality: D
. . . food quantity per serving: C
. . . food prep speed: B
. . . food selection: C
. . . seating quantity: C
. . . seating comfort: C
. . . eatery atmosphere: C
. . . eatery convenience: A
. . . staff friendliness: B
. . . staff attentiveness: B
. . . character interaction: n/a

NOTE: Not something to write home about. Meat dishes are
average and Italian entrées are akin to CHEF-BOY-AR-DEE; well,
using CHEF-BOY-AR-DEE could be considered an insult to that
famous Cleveland, Ohio chef. The sauce may be tomato sauce,
but it is definitely not a marinara. The appetizers are average.
In a pinch, Tony's will do, but there are far better choices. On
the plus side, the desserts are simple, but pretty good. Hard
to justify going the first time, let alone going back.

Seems quite a few people are not Tony's tomato sauce fans. I was actually thinking of ordering either spaghetti or the lasagna. Guess I'll have to cross my fingers that the food will be some kind of edible. :)

To each his own, honestly. Is it the best Italian food? No. Can you go there and have a good meal? Yes. I think it really depends on what YOU enjoy...order that and you'll probably have a good meal. ;) Tony's gets a bad wrap, but we've eaten there several times and enjoyed it. They do some things really well...our family loves the Appetizer Bread dish, (although I heard it has recently changed). I enjoyed a wonderful Caesar salad at Tony's and it's worth saying that it's nice to not have to leave the park and still have a good "sit down" meal.

As long as you stay away from their tomato sauce, there's a slight chance you might not hate your meal. Lol. Their tomato/marinara sauce is awful. Most people who hated their food had a dish with that sauce. Everyone who liked it had other things like steak, calamari etc. Good luck.

Just go in with low expectations, then there is room to be amazed. It became a comedy sketch when we went there...server took 20 minutes to take our drink order, we were not willing to chance another delay so had our order ready..this annoyed our server :confused3 he was not slammed many empty tables..the kids meals came out 10 minutes before ours, their meatball was so hard and impossible to chew..we just let it go thinking they could fill up on bread, that came out later and was hard as a brick. We all began to laugh wondering how they could mess up my steak (medium rare)...when it came an additional 10 minutes after my husband's cold pasta, we had to contain our flabbergasteries! The steak was burned so badly you could not cut it, the server never asked how the food was but we complained about the steak, he acted put out..kids were so hungry and tired of waiting we said we would take itto go...never came so we left and first time ever no tip...both husband and I were servers in the past and never would leave no tipping, it was awful.

Just go in with low expectations, then there is room to be amazed. It became a comedy sketch when we went there...server took 20 minutes to take our drink order, we were not willing to chance another delay so had our order ready..this annoyed our server :confused3 he was not slammed many empty tables..the kids meals came out 10 minutes before ours, their meatball was so hard and impossible to chew..we just let it go thinking they could fill up on bread, that came out later and was hard as a brick. We all began to laugh wondering how they could mess up my steak (medium rare)...when it came an additional 10 minutes after my husband's cold pasta, we had to contain our flabbergasteries! The steak was burned so badly you could not cut it, the server never asked how the food was but we complained about the steak, he acted put out..kids were so hungry and tired of waiting we said we would take itto go...never came so we left and first time ever no tip...both husband and I were servers in the past and never would leave no tipping, it was awful.

:scared1: Wow. Awful experience you had! :eek:

We were there last week and enjoyed our meals. The only issue we had was confusion in the reservation time, but that confusion was on both their part and mine. I had spaghetti, and liked it. DS had the pizza, dh had panini. Service was quick. We would go back and didn't understand the bad reviews. I figure we went on a good day.

For Italian though, there is a little place in Epcot that we enjoyed far more. I went to Tony's because it's Tony's.

Before we went in August, I read many, MANY bad reviews of Tony's and I was just like you, I had to try it for myself. We were happy with our meals, Chicken Parm and Spaghetti and Meatballs, and the pistachio creme brulee was very good! We went earlier than our reservation had specified and were seated right away, the server noticed that we were just engaged and she brought out a piece of spaghetti to re-enact the scene from Lady and the Tramp at Tony's and took a picture for us. Great service and good food, but we probably won't go there again though, just because we would like to try new places. It's nice to try at least once!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter