***Tokyo Disney Resort - FAQ***

diswis

Mouseketeer
You guy's did not fall for anything, my mom is taking me for my 18th birthday (I am currently 17) and have a very very blended family (divorce) with all Disney fans, so we go at least 3 times a year (thus the reason i have so many plans).
And, for my 18th bday trip, I was wondering about visas. I have heard stories about it not being the easiest. I have never travelled overseas - so I'm not sure about how multiple woudl work.
Budget wise it is not very doable, but if i save I might be ok.

Sandeep1

DIS Veteran
You guy's did not fall for anything, my mom is taking me for my 18th birthday (I am currently 17) and have a very very blended family (divorce) with all Disney fans, so we go at least 3 times a year (thus the reason i have so many plans).
And, for my 18th bday trip, I was wondering about visas. I have heard stories about it not being the easiest. I have never travelled overseas - so I'm not sure about how multiple woudl work.
Budget wise it is not very doable, but if i save I might be ok.
You're 17 or 23?

• diswis

Mouseketeer
    You're 17 or 23?
    17. Put a random birthday in, I wasn't sure if there were age restrictions, so I put a random year.
    I have to do that for most apps (snapchat, kik, my playstation+ account, gmail, iCloud, apple pay, venmo, etc.) because otherwise I am restricted severely. I can't even use venmo, which is a necessity in my life if I use my real birth year.

Flossbolna

Sea days are just so relaxing!
    I'm supposed to go to WDW for my 18th birthday (it would be a VERY late present, like end of 2020-mid 2021), and am interested in going to TDR instead. When I say to go to all the parks is my life goal, I mean it.
    I have 1 question - is there any way for me to hit the other asian parks while I'm in the general area?
    Quite a few people do this. This is an article from a website that is a good resource for planning a trip to the Asian parks: https://tdrexplorer.com/disney-asia-parks-itinerary/

You asked about visas and that would not be an issue is you are in Shanghai for less than 144 hours and fly in from a different city than where you go next. Then you don’t need a visa.

There are more threads about all park trips, Shanghai and Hong Kong on the Other Lands board. This board is Tokyo specific.

diswis

Mouseketeer
    Quite a few people do this. This is an article from a website that is a good resource for planning a trip to the Asian parks: https://tdrexplorer.com/disney-asia-parks-itinerary/

You asked about visas and that would not be an issue is you are in Shanghai for less than 144 hours and fly in from a different city than where you go next. Then you don’t need a visa.

There are more threads about all park trips, Shanghai and Hong Kong on the Other Lands board. This board is Tokyo specific.
    Thank you! I was not aware :)
    I'll keep my toyko questions here.

JohnLever

Earning My Ears
    I am fond of Japanese food especially snacks. I have subscribed to Bokksu who send me amazing snacks every month and I really enjoy them.

• Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates

DIS INSTAGRAM