Todd & Nicki, a belated Valentine's present...weekend at Disney!

At least you found me :lovestruc....stay tuned for my next one in May. This one will be wild because we are doing it Todd's way and going without one reservation! No plans at all, just flying from the seat of his pants :lmao::rotfl::rotfl2:

Flying from the seat of his pants. :lmao::lmao::lmao: This is going to be a wild ride.:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Flying from the seat of his pants. :lmao::lmao::lmao: This is going to be a wild ride.:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Remember Mr. Toads Wild Ride?

We always called it Mr. TODD's Wild Ride and that is exactly what this is going to be!

At least you found me :lovestruc....stay tuned for my next one in May. This one will be wild because we are doing it Todd's way and going without one reservation! No plans at all, just flying from the seat of his pants :lmao::rotfl::rotfl2:

As always, I LOVED your trip report! With your luck, Todd won't have any problems getting a table & he'll never see the reason for ADRs ever again, lol.

As always, I LOVED your trip report! With your luck, Todd won't have any problems getting a table & he'll never see the reason for ADRs ever again, lol.

Oh please dont say that :lmao:

I made him sit down with me last night and go over all of our Oct plans since I will be up and at the computer at 6am tomorrow morning!

I have been playing with them for a while but I made the mistake of having him take a look and threw me curve ball after curve ball!

Remember Mr. Toads Wild Ride?

We always called it Mr. TODD's Wild Ride and that is exactly what this is going to be!

This is what I call an appropriate dining review title (slightly shorter than your other suggestion! :rotfl2:
I cannot wait to see Todd getting into EVERY restaurant he wants to with NO reservation - that's a task only HE can do! ;) :laughing:

BTW, when IS Todd's birthday?

Oh please dont say that :lmao:

I made him sit down with me last night and go over all of our Oct plans since I will be up and at the computer at 6am tomorrow morning!

I have been playing with them for a while but I made the mistake of having him take a look and threw me curve ball after curve ball!

Good luck with your ADRs tomorrow - I will keep my fingers crossed. :hug: I have to admit that I love the online system - sooooooo easy to book and then change my mind again! :lmao:

Hi, Nicki! Can't wait for your May report, either. You are just chock full of amusing titles already. :lmao: Good luck with your ADRs tomorrow.

Hi, Nicki! Can't wait for your May report, either. You are just chock full of amusing titles already. :lmao: Good luck with your ADRs tomorrow.

Thanks Tina! I have so many good ones to choose from!

How about

Save yourself the hassle and listen to your wife...dont go to WDW without a reservation!

I thought I knew best and I starved at WDW

My husband took me to WDW and all I had was CS, and this lousy tee shirt

I will also be anxiously awaiting your next report. Good luck with your ADRs tomorrow... that must be for Oct. Can't believe you are going in May sans ADRs... good for you. I'm especially interested to hear how that goes. While I expect you may get shut out of the "conventional" favorites I have a feeling there are a lot of high quality choices that you will get as walk-ups or "day of" reservations. Can't wait to hear all about it!! :)

I GOT ALL MY RESSIES FOR OCT! I am so happy and it was so easy to just get up at 6am and book them online

Cape May Clambake
Citricos
Mama Melrose
Cali Grill
Kouzzina
Le Cellier
Tutto Italia
Boatwrights
Artists Point
Kona breakfast
Grand Floridian Tea
Fultons
Cape May breakfast
Chefs de France lunch

YIPPEE!

I GOT ALL MY RESSIES FOR OCT! I am so happy and it was so easy to just get up at 6am and book them online

Cape May Clambake
Citricos
Mama Melrose
Cali Grill
Kouzzina
Le Cellier
Tutto Italia
Boatwrights
Artists Point
Kona breakfast
Grand Floridian Tea
Fultons
Cape May breakfast
Chefs de France lunch

YIPPEE!

Great job, Nic. We've been to several of these and enjoyed all of them (except Boatwright's). One of these trips, we will do some signature restaurants.

Cape May Clambake
Citricos
Mama Melrose
Cali Grill
Kouzzina
Le Cellier
Tutto Italia
Boatwrights
Artists Point
Kona breakfast
Grand Floridian Tea
Fultons
Cape May breakfast
Chefs de France lunch

YIPPEE!

:woohoo: Congratulations!!!!!!!! :woohoo:

You've got some real great restaurants here. Other than Kathy we had a really nice meal at Boatwrights and are really hoping to go back soon.
I am not a huge fan of Chefs though - might be we have too much access to real french food!
BTW ......... when will Todd start changing them? :rotfl2:

Great job, Nic. We've been to several of these and enjoyed all of them (except Boatwright's). One of these trips, we will do some signature restaurants.

:woohoo: Congratulations!!!!!!!! :woohoo:

You've got some real great restaurants here. Other than Kathy we had a really nice meal at Boatwrights and are really hoping to go back soon.
I am not a huge fan of Chefs though - might be we have too much access to real french food!
BTW ......... when will Todd start changing them? :rotfl2:

HI KARIN AND KATHY! HAPPY EASTER WEEKEND!

Boatwrights may change, I put that as our arrival night dinner and if we switch resorts we will change our dinner plans too. After last year there is no way I am going to DTD for dinner, just too busy.

Oh Karin, he already started!

I had originally planned Flying Fish and Shulas because HE requested it. I was able to get him to sit down with me on Thurs night and go over what I was going to book.

The King decided we can just go to Shulas here in Naples so why go to the one in WDW? *DUH BECAUSE YOU WANTED IT?* :eek:

He wanted to go to the place with the windows, you know Nic, the one that we watched the entire summer storm blow through? In Todd speak that is Cali Grill. I told him neither of us were thrilled the last time but he wants to try it again.

Then he made me ditch FF because he will be sick of steak by then and no way was I giving up LC, I have to try it now that it is a signature! It was his decision to go with Kouzzina and Mama Melrose as well. He didnt seem to notice that I spaced the steak places out with Italian and Seafood places in between so no, the boy will not be eating steak every single night. :lmao:

We shall see if this pans out. I think we may ditch those 2 places and I dont know if we really want to go back to Cape May Clambake either.....still playing around with this whole dining thing :laughing: I would love to try the Bistro in France but he wasnt too thrilled when I read the menu to him.

There are only 2 breakfasts set because we dont feel like running around to get a bite, CS will work just fine and we love breakfast CS from MK and Epcot.

I wanted to go to Y&Y for lunch on our departure day but he changed it up on me there too! We are not huge fans of AK and we may or may not pop over there in Oct. And he is always bringing up the wonderful solo lunch I had at Chefs back in June 09 and he would like to try it. Neither of us enjoy dinner there but the lunch was very good.

Since I have been spending the entire day on the Disney Dining website I took a stab at what is going to be open in May and there seems to be lots of availability for many TS place. BUT, I was a very good girl and didnt book one reservation. I figure 20 years of going to WDW together I might as well let the boy have ONE trip done his way :rotfl2:

Thank goodness he didnt say a word about me sneaking in the Grand Floridian Tea :rolleyes1

The plans looks great, Nicki. I hope your meal at Cali Grill is better this time. It truly was our greatest meal during our anniversary trip. We ended up cancelling it last time because Max was not in the mood. I'm not even going to attempt it for awhile, thus, I hope to live vicariously through you. :lmao:

Cape May Clambake
Citricos
Mama Melrose
Cali Grill
Kouzzina
Le Cellier
Tutto Italia
Boatwrights
Artists Point
Kona breakfast
Grand Floridian Tea
Fultons
Cape May breakfast
Chefs de France lunch

YIPPEE!

oh yum...some of my favorites on there! Have you been to Boatwrights before?

Happy Easter to our bestest friends in the whole wide world. Love you guys.

Romeo and Kat

HIIIIIII!!!!!! I just read through this entire thread. I haven't been on the dis in forever and this thread just made me sooo sad and sooo happy at the same time! Sad because I've been away for awhile, and happy because I LOVE YOUR REPORTS!!! Loved all the reviews. Especially loved Todd's forgetful moments ie the arancini and cinnamon roll. As I read, I was like nooo you don't like those!!!!! Hahahaha. Well it's great to be back and to see you have upcoming trips, so lots more MickeyNicki reviews to come!!! We just found out we are going down in June again for our 2 year anniversary! Totally unplanned. But we decided we miss it too much and we need to go back! We have a lot of adr's planned, lots of places we've never tried before, so reviews to come! :goodvibes:goodvibes

Based on our last trip, Y&Y would be worth just popping in to AK for. But when DS and I had our Mom & Son trip we were disappointed. Hoping this year is just like last trip and that our first experience was the one that was 'off'.

We didn't care for Boatwrights either but that was back in 2007 so I am sure things are different.

I, too, hope your Cali Grille meal is better this year. So looking forward to taking DH there this trip as DS and I love it in '08!

We are eating at most of the places you are in August so I will be sure to take a lot of pics for ya! :goodvibes

The plans looks great, Nicki. I hope your meal at Cali Grill is better this time. It truly was our greatest meal during our anniversary trip. We ended up cancelling it last time because Max was not in the mood. I'm not even going to attempt it for awhile, thus, I hope to live vicariously through you. :lmao:

Thanks Tina! I hope Cali Grill is better too...I might just go back to the pork dish as that was fantastic!

oh yum...some of my favorites on there! Have you been to Boatwrights before?

Hi Cathy! We have not been to Boatwrights before but I like the menu and it will be so easy to go there for our arrival night dinner if we wind up sticking with the POFQ, which we will as long as there is some type of discount for for the first few nights.

Happy Easter to our bestest friends in the whole wide world. Love you guys.

Romeo and Kat

Back at ya babe!

HIIIIIII!!!!!! I just read through this entire thread. I haven't been on the dis in forever and this thread just made me sooo sad and sooo happy at the same time! Sad because I've been away for awhile, and happy because I LOVE YOUR REPORTS!!! Loved all the reviews. Especially loved Todd's forgetful moments ie the arancini and cinnamon roll. As I read, I was like nooo you don't like those!!!!! Hahahaha. Well it's great to be back and to see you have upcoming trips, so lots more MickeyNicki reviews to come!!! We just found out we are going down in June again for our 2 year anniversary! Totally unplanned. But we decided we miss it too much and we need to go back! We have a lot of adr's planned, lots of places we've never tried before, so reviews to come! :goodvibes:goodvibes

I knew you would show up! I am so happy you are back on the boards..in 2010 I stayed off the boards for an entire year, until our Nov 10 trip...it was hard but easy at the same time if that makes any sense. Now you have a trip to plan and that is so exciting! I hope you have a great time and a wonderful anniversary! I cannot wait until your reviews!

Based on our last trip, Y&Y would be worth just popping in to AK for. But when DS and I had our Mom & Son trip we were disappointed. Hoping this year is just like last trip and that our first experience was the one that was 'off'.

We didn't care for Boatwrights either but that was back in 2007 so I am sure things are different.

I, too, hope your Cali Grille meal is better this year. So looking forward to taking DH there this trip as DS and I love it in '08!

We are eating at most of the places you are in August so I will be sure to take a lot of pics for ya! :goodvibes

See I liked Y&Y but Todd doesnt remember that he liked it :rotfl: What he didnt like was the Y&Y counter service but he doesnt believe me when I tell him that :confused3 Maybe we will make it over there for lunch during our trip....AK is not a must do for us but with 10 full days I will have to come up with something, we cannot spend every waking moment at the F&W can we? :rotfl2:

I have never been to Boatwrights and we have stayed at the POR many times, just never managed to get there. Still might not manage it if we change resorts.

Ooh thanks so much for the pics for your next trip...that is so helpful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter