Todd & Nicki, a belated Valentine's present...weekend at Disney!

See I liked Y&Y but Todd doesnt remember that he liked it :rotfl: What he didnt like was the Y&Y counter service but he doesnt believe me when I tell him that :confused3 Maybe we will make it over there for lunch during our trip....AK is not a must do for us but with 10 full days I will have to come up with something, we cannot spend every waking moment at the F&W can we? :rotfl2:

Ah yes, 10 days! Heaven! I cannot wait til August! We only go to AK once a trip but I would miss it if we didn't end up there at least once. DS loves the Safari ride and I could sit and watch the tigers all day. We have never explored the trails around the tree so that is at the top of our list this trip. And the Jammin' Jungle Parade is my absolute favorite Disney parade ... I just love the music. Add in Y&Y for lunch and it is a must do day for us.

That said, if I ever get to F&W, I think I could spend many waking moments there! Some day ...

Sorry for hijacking your thread for this super long post. I totally need your advice since you've done F&W so many times and are going again this year.

Now that DH and I are Florida residents, I'm finally able to plan a F&W/MNSSHP trip. Our anniversary is October 5 so we're planning for Oct. 2 through the 6. Rides aren't that important since we have APs and are close enough to use them regularly so we're keeping the trip shorter than we would normally. We are pretty sure we want to stay BC since it's so close to Epcot, but we can't figure out how to handle dining.

Here's the options:
1) BC CL with all F&W OOP and TS using our TIW card (likely to do very few TS and focus mainly on F&W and CS)
2) BC with DDP (will probably still only do a few TS and mostly F&W and CS)
3) BC with QSDP (so we get 4 snacks a day to use at F&W instead of 2 like on DDP; TS will be with TIW)
4) BC with DxDP (so we can eat ourselves into a coma and have to be rolled home to Tampa ;))

I'm trying to figure out the least expensive way to book. I figure the BC with QSDP might be the way to go since we tend to split CS a lot when we are snacking our way around Epcot and the F&W would be this on high. I'm just wondering how many meals we will get out of the F&W snacking and how much of a repeat value the snacks have.

Which of the above options would you pick? Do y'all do TIW for your TS meals or do you DDP all of your trips? I noticed you did Poly CL back in November and was wondering if you also had a DDP on that trip as well. If so, was it food overkill?

Sorry for playing 20 questions. I've gone over the numbers 10 ways from Sunday and just can't figure it out so I thought I would ask an expert.

TIA!!!

Sorry for hijacking your thread for this super long post. I totally need your advice since you've done F&W so many times and are going again this year.

Now that DH and I are Florida residents, I'm finally able to plan a F&W/MNSSHP trip. Our anniversary is October 5 so we're planning for Oct. 2 through the 6. Rides aren't that important since we have APs and are close enough to use them regularly so we're keeping the trip shorter than we would normally. We are pretty sure we want to stay BC since it's so close to Epcot, but we can't figure out how to handle dining.

Here's the options:
1) BC CL with all F&W OOP and TS using our TIW card (likely to do very few TS and focus mainly on F&W and CS)
2) BC with DDP (will probably still only do a few TS and mostly F&W and CS)
3) BC with QSDP (so we get 4 snacks a day to use at F&W instead of 2 like on DDP; TS will be with TIW)
4) BC with DxDP (so we can eat ourselves into a coma and have to be rolled home to Tampa ;))

I'm trying to figure out the least expensive way to book. I figure the BC with QSDP might be the way to go since we tend to split CS a lot when we are snacking our way around Epcot and the F&W would be this on high. I'm just wondering how many meals we will get out of the F&W snacking and how much of a repeat value the snacks have.

Which of the above options would you pick? Do y'all do TIW for your TS meals or do you DDP all of your trips? I noticed you did Poly CL back in November and was wondering if you also had a DDP on that trip as well. If so, was it food overkill?

Sorry for playing 20 questions. I've gone over the numbers 10 ways from Sunday and just can't figure it out so I thought I would ask an expert.

TIA!!!

Hi Shauna!

We have never done a dining plan as we have TIW. That works out best for us because Todd changes our plans alot and I dont want to feel pressured to use the dining credits. We have done 2 TS in one day and that has been alot, I cannot imagine doing 3 TS a day and then snacking at F&W, that is just too much eating :lmao: The one thing that we are set in stone about is ending our day on a nice TS dinner, I dont care about what I eat for breakfast or lunch but to relax at dinner is something we both look forward to.

I would not stay CL and have a dining plan, too much food and if you use the CL to get your moneys worth you may not use your food credits and if you dont use the CL lounge then why stay CL? Our 2 stays at the CL were great, it was nice to have a light breakfast and snacks later but in order to get our monies worth we felt like we had to interrupt our schedule to run back to the resort. In the morning and late afternoon it was ok but if you have dinner plans you might not make it back to the lounge from 5-7 for appetizers.

If you are going mainly for the F&W skip the dining plan. Get yourself a TIW card and do 1 TS a night for dinner. You will find that you will not be able to fit in all the F&W in one day so you will keep going back to Epcot to sample more snacks (that can get costly but if you share each item then it isnt too bad).

We have gone to every F&W since day 1 and we prefer to have lunch just snacking at the food booths...and drinking at the food booths :rotfl2:

One other way to save money is stay at the Swan and Dolphin. Todd and I do this alot and the rates are usually $159 a night and the location is perfect! Oct 09 we did a 4 night stay there and the goal was to just to F&W, it was perfect. We saved money, just a quick walk to Epcot and we were able to take in all that the F&W had to offer.

Hi Shauna!

We have never done a dining plan as we have TIW. That works out best for us because Todd changes our plans alot and I dont want to feel pressured to use the dining credits. We have done 2 TS in one day and that has been alot, I cannot imagine doing 3 TS a day and then snacking at F&W, that is just too much eating :lmao: The one thing that we are set in stone about is ending our day on a nice TS dinner, I dont care about what I eat for breakfast or lunch but to relax at dinner is something we both look forward to.

I would not stay CL and have a dining plan, too much food and if you use the CL to get your moneys worth you may not use your food credits and if you dont use the CL lounge then why stay CL? Our 2 stays at the CL were great, it was nice to have a light breakfast and snacks later but in order to get our monies worth we felt like we had to interrupt our schedule to run back to the resort. In the morning and late afternoon it was ok but if you have dinner plans you might not make it back to the lounge from 5-7 for appetizers.

If you are going mainly for the F&W skip the dining plan. Get yourself a TIW card and do 1 TS a night for dinner. You will find that you will not be able to fit in all the F&W in one day so you will keep going back to Epcot to sample more snacks (that can get costly but if you share each item then it isnt too bad).

We have gone to every F&W since day 1 and we prefer to have lunch just snacking at the food booths...and drinking at the food booths :rotfl2:

One other way to save money is stay at the Swan and Dolphin. Todd and I do this alot and the rates are usually $159 a night and the location is perfect! Oct 09 we did a 4 night stay there and the goal was to just to F&W, it was perfect. We saved money, just a quick walk to Epcot and we were able to take in all that the F&W had to offer.

Thanks so much for your input!

We have TIW and love it, and I was thinking that might work for us. We aren't sure if we would even want to do a TS every night, but you are right that it would probably work better for us to do TIW than DDP. I was trying to figure out if the snack credits would be worth the trouble of the DDP, but I don't think so after all.

We were mainly thinking CL because we are really wanting to spend a lot of time at our resort so DH can enjoy the pool (SAB) so it would be convenient to pop up to the lounge for snackies. You are right that CL and DDP is a lot of food. When we did it in 2005, we almost never had anything other than breakfast in the CL and felt it was a waste from that standpoint.

Thanks for sharing your reasoning. I appreciate your viewpoint since you've been there, done that!

Hi there!

I have another question for you. We're doing the early October trip for F&W, MNSSHP and our anniversary. DH doesn't do seafood so I've always thought Flying Fish was a no-go for us. But in reading your reviews, I noticed that Todd does the steak at FF so now I'm not sure.

Which of the following would you pick for an anniversary dinner:
Flying Fish
Yachtsmans Steakhouse
Citricos

I currently have a ressie at YS, but it's no problem to change it. I'm leaning towards one of the first two since we're staying BC/YC, but we'll have our car so it won't be a problem to drive over to the GF.

TIA for your input!

Shauna you are killing me! Those are our top three choices!

If you have your heart set on going to Flying Fish I would go, Todd had the steak there three times and each time he loved it. Cooked perfectly, very large portion and lots of flavor. I had the snapper, a shrimp dish and the scallop dish and I loved them all but the snapper was the best of the three.

We had an incredible meal at the Yachtsman and I would run back there if I was looking for a killer steak. Todd is a huge beef guy but I like seafood too so that is why FF is a happy medium for us.

Citricos, wow what can I say? This is THE best of the signatures to us and well worth going out of my way for. Been there twice and each time one of us ordered the filet and it was melt in your mouth but the winner is the short ribs...they are to die for.

Honestly you cannot go wrong with any of them and if your DH is a beef guy he will be very happy with the beef at these places.

I hope I helped :hippie:

Shauna you are killing me! Those are our top three choices!

If you have your heart set on going to Flying Fish I would go, Todd had the steak there three times and each time he loved it. Cooked perfectly, very large portion and lots of flavor. I had the snapper, a shrimp dish and the scallop dish and I loved them all but the snapper was the best of the three.

We had an incredible meal at the Yachtsman and I would run back there if I was looking for a killer steak. Todd is a huge beef guy but I like seafood too so that is why FF is a happy medium for us.

Citricos, wow what can I say? This is THE best of the signatures to us and well worth going out of my way for. Been there twice and each time one of us ordered the filet and it was melt in your mouth but the winner is the short ribs...they are to die for.

Honestly you cannot go wrong with any of them and if your DH is a beef guy he will be very happy with the beef at these places.

I hope I helped :hippie:

I know I'm killing you, and I know they're all your faves, but you are one of the few that can answer this question. :angel:

DH likes the menu at Citricos a bit better, but I really think I want fish since I never get it at home and he's fine with the strip at FF. I think based on your comments and all Todd's "FF is better" comments that we'll try FF this time and Citrico's on another trip.

Thank you!!!!

Hi Nicki!
I am just getting into this awesome thread ... but I wanted to thank you for all your (and lots of other great folks on this board's :) ) help planning for our Feb trip....

I am working on a fall trip -wish me luck trying to finalize now ... and in trying to book things (less than 180 days out) I find myself coming back to your AWESOME reviews!

I am psyched to get back on the boards again!

Hi Nicki!
I am just getting into this awesome thread ... but I wanted to thank you for all your (and lots of other great folks on this board's :) ) help planning for our Feb trip....

I am working on a fall trip -wish me luck trying to finalize now ... and in trying to book things (less than 180 days out) I find myself coming back to your AWESOME reviews!

I am psyched to get back on the boards again!

Hi hon!

So glad you are back and had a great time! I bed you cannot wait to go back in the fall for F&W, what are your dates? We will be there Oct 20-30 and....we will be back there this Thurs! I am so excited I cannot think straight....

I was shocked at how many things are still open for our fall trip, I have been tweaking and re-arranging things without a hitch

No live review this time but keep your eyes out on Friday the 27th, that is when I am going to post our trip

Have a wonderful and fun trip! Can't wait to hear what you are going to do every day and what restaurants you are going to end up at!

Lots of pixie dust for you both and PLEASE, give Mickey a hug from me!

Would we be back? I dont know to be honest with you...we enjoyed the CS Mexican nachos so much better, maybe we will just do that for our Mexican food fix.

Ughhh... this one I had wanted to do for years & never have. We have it booked for a 4:30 res as our last WDW meal. I would have been very annoyed if people were hangin' over our table. :headache:That could start the meal off on the wrong foot. Then to have not good food too? I'm so on the fence w/ SAI @ this point. I really like the atmosphere,but if the food is gross,no thanks.

Ughhh... this one I had wanted to do for years & never have. We have it booked for a 4:30 res as our last WDW meal. I would have been very annoyed if people were hangin' over our table. :headache:That could start the meal off on the wrong foot. Then to have not good food too? I'm so on the fence w/ SAI @ this point. I really like the atmosphere,but if the food is gross,no thanks.

For our next trip this Oct DH really wanted Mexican food but since we are not fond on either TS place we are just going to use the CS option...cant wait!

For our next trip this Oct DH really wanted Mexican food but since we are not fond on either TS place we are just going to use the CS option...cant wait!

I think this is what we'll do b/c our other Epcot day we have Garden Grill planned. I don't think I should keep both days booked up w/ TS. Not ALL that sure about GG either, but it has Mickey & my son who will be 15months adores Mickey! I hope it's good considering all the other Epcot choices! Hey, we are gonna be in Disney! So what the heck, it's just food, if we don't like it we'll get something else after. ;)
~~~~>I'm still working on reading ur Nov F&W review! I can't wait for ur Oct review,you are posting a review right? :laughing::laughing:

I think this is what we'll do b/c our other Epcot day we have Garden Grill planned. I don't think I should keep both days booked up w/ TS. Not ALL that sure about GG either, but it has Mickey & my son who will be 15months adores Mickey! I hope it's good considering all the other Epcot choices! Hey, we are gonna be in Disney! So what the heck, it's just food, if we don't like it we'll get something else after. ;)
~~~~>I'm still working on reading ur Nov F&W review! I can't wait for ur Oct review,you are posting a review right? :laughing::laughing:

Of course I am going to do a review, just not a live one....dont feel like lugging the computer around

YAY!!! Looking forward!:goodvibesI don't blame you on not doing a live one. We'll all be able to wait! Just enjoy your vacation!! I might try one too if my family doesn't mind my taking 101 photos! Looks fun to me. :) Have a great trip in Oct!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter