Today's show tension? (4/19)

Do your best to convince Regis to break away from those infomercials....

Wow...and to think I thought the biggest issue with the show was how mine kept freezing and then acting like a bad Max Headroom video.

Last edited:
Oliver was great on the show today. It's not easy coming into this and being on live for the first time and not only did he 'hold his own' but he presented himself very well.

I really echo this! There were a few times where he was quiet as I am sure he is still finding his footing but other times he jumped right in there and played along with the banter that good friends tend to have with each other

I don't know if there was tension but I do think there was some awkwardness towards the end with the top trip planning threads. Just my take.

I find those segments to be very enjoyable I think based on the attitude/style of those involved (but it could be seen as awkward):

"So Jackie, is the number one post going to be your post again?" Jackie (in her ever positive and loving way): "You guys are so silly!"

I find those segments to be very enjoyable I think based on the attitude/style of those involved (but it could be seen as awkward):

"So Jackie, is the number one post going to be your post again?" Jackie (in her ever positive and loving way): "You guys are so silly!"
Totally this!! So awkward but so funny at the same time. I admit to loving a snarky attitude and gravitate to those people. But I appreciate that Jackie can keep her positivity in the face of it. I don't generally care for the "always happy" people but thank goodness there are those out there to even out the snarky cynics like me. Let's keep the yin and yang, however cringeworthy :)

Didn't sense the slightest tension during last week's show. Seemed like everyone was giving Oliver some light-hearted initiation ribbing. And Oliver had some zingers... laughed out loud at his Minnie Mouse "letting herself go" line. But shame on Pete for giving a foreigner with a fantastic accent a job that should have gone to a good ol' American boy!

If there was one problem with the show it's the "top threads" segment. Jackie is a sweetheart, but that segment is always so boring. No one even chimes in anymore, and even Pete seems like he wants it to move along.

Didn't sense the slightest tension during last week's show. Seemed like everyone was giving Oliver some light-hearted initiation ribbing. And Oliver had some zingers... laughed out loud at his Minnie Mouse "letting herself go" line. But shame on Pete for giving a foreigner with a fantastic accent a job that should have gone to a good ol' American boy!

If there was one problem with the show it's the "top threads" segment. Jackie is a sweetheart, but that segment is always so boring. No one even chimes in anymore, and even Pete seems like he wants it to move along.

We're gonna build a wall around the DIS and Jim Hill is gonna pay for it!

I agree with this. The segment tends to drag. You noted that no one chimes in, and I've also gotten that impression that no one at the table is really listening. I'd be ok retiring this segment and maybe bringing it back at the end of the year, for the top thread of the year deal.

I loved the show. And I loved Oliver! And I am loving this thread - I'm sorry, but there were several times I snorted at my desk at work while reading the responses. Think I fall in the "snark lover" category. Hey, I'm going to put that on a bumper sticker! ;) How about "I brake for snark lovers!" No? Anyone? Oh well...

For the record, Bob Iger made this comment from the 9th tee box of The Magnolia while deciding between his driver or 3 wood.
I find that hard to believe. Pretty sure he has someone to make those kinds of decisions for him. One of the little people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter