Today's show tension? (4/19)

StuCrew

Earning My Ears
Anyone else sensing the tension on today's show between almost everyone? I look forward to the WDW show every week but sheesh this one stressed me out.

Well they had Oliver starting today (welcome) but that means Steve is nearly gone :( so probably mixed emotions.

Happiness and sadness fighting again lol

And I tend to be Dopey for no known reason either. :jester::rotfl:
Haha, well that's my normal demeanor, but I think I was just a mixture of sleepy and grumpy - Leigh was up all night Sunday with food poisoning, so I was also up, follow that with a long 11 hour day at work, and l guess that was the reason!

I have a feeling this thread will end in someone telling us that it's all in our heads and that everyone was fine and no one hates anyone else or has any tension with anyone else etc.

Sometimes we just have a bad day, I know I was grumpy on Monday evening for no apparent reason, it happens.
I am really surprised to see this as I actually thought the show was fun today. There was some light hearted banter and some jabs but everyone was in a good mood and laughed about it.
^^ hehe, told ya so! ;-)

I have a feeling this thread will end in someone telling us that it's all in our heads and that everyone was fine and no one hates anyone else or has any tension with anyone else etc.
Listening now and that's exactly what I was going to say.

Edited :rolleyes1 for misinterpretation

Maybe the tension is from the headaches being caused from holding in all the top secret DIS Anniversary information for July!

Last edited:
Oliver must have made a better impression in his interview than he did on the show today.

Thank you.

We had a conversation with Oliver just prior to recording his first ever podcast and we told him that someone would make a pointless and nasty comment and that he should just ignore him/ her.

You have provided the perfect example.

As someone who has worked in television, I can tell you that one of your worst days on any broadcast will be your first. Of course, it's all new and unfamiliar to you, so you're incredibly nervous about everything. Even when you're just reading a teleprompter, you're nervous about pronunciation, speed, chemistry (if there's a co-anchor/co-host), and reaction. Reaction's usually the thing that'll get you, because you can't control how viewers react, and viewers hate change. Invariably, there's always some stranger who emails in "I liked your predecessor better. How'd you ever get this job?". You compound that with your first-day nerves/jitters, and your first time can be tough. That said, I think Oliver did a very good job. If that's his worst day, he's a very lucky individual. Although the podcast was a bit tough to watch, the audio/video out of sync on YouTube. I believe that should be fixed by tonight though, as it usually is.

Oliver was great on the show today. It's not easy coming into this and being on live for the first time and not only did he 'hold his own' but he presented himself very well.

Thank you.

We had a conversation with Oliver just prior to recording his first ever podcast and we told him that someone would make a pointless and nasty comment and that he should just ignore him/ her.

You have provided the perfect example.

I believe my post was misunderstood. I was reacting to the comments made in this thread regarding "the tension" that was mentioned rather than Oliver's performance.

Last edited:
Haha, well that's my normal demeanor, but I think I was just a mixture of sleepy and grumpy - Leigh was up all night Sunday with food poisoning, so I was also up, follow that with a long 11 hour day at work, and l guess that was the reason!
Sorry to hear - hope Leigh feels much better, and that your work days get a little easier soon (you said it's like end of year or something now, right?).

Sorry to hear - hope Leigh feels much better, and that your work days get a little easier soon (you said it's like end of year or something now, right?).
Thanks lovely, he's fine, but he thought he was dying... Literally. I almost had to call him an ambulance before I convinced him that this is what food poisoning feels like.
And yes, it's budget time, full on!!

I look forward to listening to the show, I hear a certain new podcast we has a sweet English accent! Even us Aussies like a good Pom accent!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter