Today's show tension? (4/19)

Just a question but why do you find it pointless? I think I would agree sometimes maybe it's boring but why should they not talk about the boards? The disboards are why we are all here talking to each other, they also helped start that podcast. I think it would be terrible if they didn't talk about the boards at all and what some of the bigger topics are on the boards.

If you know EVERYTHING, then sure, it could be pointless. And a lot of times it doesn't particularly interest ME, but I'm sure there is someone out there that gets something out of at least part of the segment ..even me who knows almost EVERYTHING. It's the best produced Disney podcast out there(and possibly, among THE best) -it's FREE, who am I to complain....

Just a question but why do you find it pointless?
Simple. Because it has evolved into just one person's opinion on what the "Top" threads are that deserve recognition. Conferring "Top" status on 5 threads based on such little criteria accomplishes nothing. I have no problem with the way the Daily Fix recommends hot threads that might be worth a look. And if the segment moved toward that kind of information, it would be an improvement. But as Kevin pointed out, a 560+ page thread that rambles on in frivolity is hardly a "Top" thread.

Simple. Because it has evolved into just one person's opinion on what the "Top" threads are that deserve recognition. Conferring "Top" status on 5 threads based on such little criteria accomplishes nothing. I have no problem with the way the Daily Fix recommends hot threads that might be worth a look. And if the segment moved toward that kind of information, it would be an improvement. But as Kevin pointed out, a 560+ page thread that rambles on in frivolity is hardly a "Top" thread.
Oh - I thought "Top" was due to analytics and traffic (just leaving out the "negative stuff, and/or focusing on the Theme Parks Attractions & Strategies or Planning forums), no?

Oh - I thought "Top" was due to analytics and traffic, no?
No longer. It used to be. But the podcast crew concluded that too often the analytics tipped too heavily in favor of "negative" threads, (they weren't wrong), and that they didn't want to reward those threads with gift cards and accolades. And more importantly, they didn't want to spend any time on their podcast discussing such threads. I don't blame them on any of this. But the replacement method of choosing the top threads has left the segment bland, at least to me.

I agree to a point. Jackie is on the boards more than anyone on the podcast team so she is going to be the person that knows what threads are the "best trip planning threads" for that month. That 560+ page thread did actually have good info in it until rivers of light was officially delayed. I took part in those first 500 pages. All threads get off topic its the nature of the beast. You can't tell me that all of the Resort FAQ threads don't have off topic posts in them every so often. But every other post is a wealth of information.

Guys, I just came up with the best idea ever:
Have Oliver do the Daily Fix.
Not every day, just once a week, but imagine ... your 5 minute daily fix in Oliver's British accent.
And then John can still do the news, the chatterati will be happy, and all of the tension is gone.

You're welcome. My work here is done.

YOU GUYS I CALLED IT!!!!

Oliver has been here for like a week, and he's already showing himself to be a fantastic addition to the team. (Not to say anything against Steve... wish he was sticking around, too!)

Whoo hoooo!
Thanks SarahDisney for posting.
Did anyone hear what he said or was I the only one distracted by his lovely accent (shiny objects...)?

I just HAD to stop back by this thread because on the 4/19 show, we were talking about the Rivers of Light thread and show and how I thought it would be fabulous when Disney finally released it.

Well, I was at Animal Kingdom last weekend and saw the Jungle Book show that's in its place and needless to say - I didn't get it. It was pretty and the props and lighting were cool (because I still need to give you the positives). The performers were also fabulous, but I couldn't follow a story line at all. In fact, even though it's been a few days since I saw it, I'm still having a tough time putting into words how I feel about it.

You'll see what I mean when/if you get a chance to see it for yourself. I'm still bummed that the little floats sank - because I imagine that the people who built them were pretty sad to see all of their hard work sink to the bottom of a river.

I just HAD to stop back by this thread because on the 4/19 show, we were talking about the Rivers of Light thread and show and how I thought it would be fabulous when Disney finally released it.

Well, I was at Animal Kingdom last weekend and saw the Jungle Book show that's in its place and needless to say - I didn't get it. It was pretty and the props and lighting were cool (because I still need to give you the positives). The performers were also fabulous, but I couldn't follow a story line at all. In fact, even though it's been a few days since I saw it, I'm still having a tough time putting into words how I feel about it.

You'll see what I mean when/if you get a chance to see it for yourself. I'm still bummed that the little floats sank - because I imagine that the people who built them were pretty sad to see all of their hard work sink to the bottom of a river.

This makes me feel better about skipping it. :)

Wow, Jackie criticized the Jungle Book show! Tear that thing down! If Jackie doesn't like it, it's gotta be awful!

Let's go Disney... get this damn Rivers of Light up and working.

What a bummer! How was the harambe party dealy? Was that fun? In the promo pictures and description it sounded like a lot of fun. But you know promos.

What a bummer! How was the harambe party dealy? Was that fun? In the promo pictures and description it sounded like a lot of fun. But you know promos.
It really was fun! I just love seeing all of the costumes and the kids had a ball dancing. It was HOT HOT HOT though - so, that part is NOT my very favorite. I'd sure love it if they could enclose Animal Kingdom [all the parks really] in some sort of climate-controlled bubble; it would make for a much better experience!! :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter