To Infinity and Beyond - Becoming a Better DopeyBadger (Comments Welcome)

Although I wrote this earlier in a message, I will share publicly as well...
Like many have pointed out, to see your journey in chronological order like that, leading up to the race report, was very powerful for me.
Congratulations again on your victory lap yesterday! Agree with @FredtheDuck that you did a great job keeping your head in the race, which is an amazingly difficult thing to do. Thanks again for all you do for our community here on the dis, for inspiring so many, and for taking us along on the journey. I know we are all looking forward to your next chapter!

Thanks! I think it's only a matter of time (both literally and figuratively). Sounds like I need more fritter pictures in my life! :D
How well do those fritters travel? I'm just saying you (or you know all of DISboards) could probably use some post-race fritters Marathon Weekend. :rolleyes1

Sometimes it's not what happens that defines us, but how we react to it. I'll be ready to help when you're ready.

Thank you, I look forward to it!

Honestly, I had that write-up written over the last couple of months. I truly thought this was closing a chapter and felt reasonably confident. The question became after yesterday's race, do I shelve this long term write-up or do I share it? I spent so much time putting it together that I felt it was best to share it now. Kind of like a lesson that even when you think everything is right on track, things can happen differently than expected.

I'm glad you decided to share it and I think it's very appropriate. I think it is a good lesson and something others can probably take away from too. There are many factors either unpredictable or outside of your control in these situations and just like you said above it's how you react to it and move onto the next step.

Congrats on the PR! Thank you for the great write-up, not just the race recap but the back story too.

Our early marathon experiences are very similar, although I'm still gunning for the sub-4.

You really are an inspiration to us!

WOW! WOW! WOW! Your story is incredible!! Thank you so much for sharing that chronology, you have worked incredibly hard and made phenomenal progress!
I CUT 1.5 HOURS OFF MY TIME FROM LAST YEAR IN THE SAME EVENT
That, absolutely blows my mind!! I didn't even think that was possible!

Nice work this weekend! So at the end of the day we both PR'd and both won't be running Boston (yet).

Not the last race either of us will be running...

Update your signature. You earned it!

I was completely engrossed by your write up...

Thanks for reading!

As cheesy as it may sound, you are truly inspiring! I especially admire your dedication to your goals- I think sometimes if it doesn't happen quickly, I think it won't happen, but reading back on your journey reminded me that the "good stuff" doesn't happen overnight. If like you, we can put in the hard work, it can happen!

It's hard sometimes. Because as humans in today's society we like to see tangible instant benefits. But endurance running is not for the faint of heart. Gains are made over months and years. But that just makes it that much sweeter when those gains become realized.

So in short.. Congrats on your new PR!! I am excited to keep following along... I know big things are in store!

Thanks!

PS... If there was a way to mail apple fritters, I think we'd all take one. Yum!

Not direct from the vendor (Greenbush Bakery). Don't know how well they'd keep. Plus I doubt they'd make it from the store to the post office while in my car....

union terrace

::yes:: That's where we got married.

maybe some Miflin street?

::yes:: Probably the only person drinking water at the Mifflin Street Block Party.

First, I really appreciate you sharing your journey over time - I remember reading some of that in your journal earlier, but it really gives perspective to put it all together here leading up to the race report.

Thanks for reading.

Also, beautiful wedding photos!

Thanks!

Despite the huge difference in our finishing times yesterday, I see so much in common as I read through your report. So much hope, and then things take a slightly different turn, and then we see the positive and enjoy a different type of accomplishment than we originally expected. No tears for me yesterday, but I'm on the verge now. :)

Trust me, I understand.

As an aside, when mateojr was looking through your report last night, he kept saying, "Um . . . Gigi is really cute."

Let @mateojr know I'll have to add him to my list of guys to keep away from my daughter.... :lmao:

Great recap with a wonderful attitude!

Thanks!

Like many have pointed out, to see your journey in chronological order like that, leading up to the race report, was very powerful for me.

Thanks for reading!

Congratulations again on your victory lap yesterday!

Thanks!

Thanks again for all you do for our community here on the dis, for inspiring so many, and for taking us along on the journey.

Happy to help!

I know we are all looking forward to your next chapter!

Hmm.... :scratchin

What will the next chapter be called...

How well do those fritters travel? I'm just saying you (or you know all of DISboards) could probably use some post-race fritters Marathon Weekend. :rolleyes1

I know, right... I've got an idea as to where some might show up...

I'm glad you decided to share it and I think it's very appropriate. I think it is a good lesson and something others can probably take away from too. There are many factors either unpredictable or outside of your control in these situations and just like you said above it's how you react to it and move onto the next step.

Thanks and agreed!

Congrats on the PR! Thank you for the great write-up, not just the race recap but the back story too.

Thanks!

Our early marathon experiences are very similar, although I'm still gunning for the sub-4.

I think you've got it in you.

You really are an inspiration to us!

Thanks!

WOW! WOW! WOW! Your story is incredible!! Thank you so much for sharing that chronology, you have worked incredibly hard and made phenomenal progress!

Thanks!

That, absolutely blows my mind!! I didn't even think that was possible!

Neither did I. Changing my philosophy was an absolute game changer.

Nice work this weekend!

Thanks!

So at the end of the day we both PR'd and both won't be running Boston (yet).

Just gives us something to continue to strive for.

Not the last race either of us will be running...

Most certainly not.

Update your signature. You earned it!

Good Call!

Looking over your race report again, I was struck by how you reported your body wasn't feeling right in the first few miles. Do you think pre-race nerves played a significant role in this? I know I'm prone to the jitters and it definitely carries over into the first few miles, such that I basically have to ignore all the signals my body may be sending and just hold the pace. If I'm actually racing a marathon, miles 1-5 are usually pretty miserable for this reason, with my body sending all sorts of signals that this is not going to be a good day, etc. I've found that if I can tune out the 'noise', it eventually goes away, my heart rate and breathing get in their regular rhythm, and I start to feel strong again (at least until the pain and suffering return at mile 18, but that's to be expected). This is what I've understood the saying "trust your training" to mean, at least to me - trusting that I've put in the work and I'm capable of hitting my goal, even if the current physical feedback I'm receiving is saying the opposite. I'm curious about your experiences.

Sorry to see that you didn’t achieve exactly the goal you were looking for, but it’s amazing to see your excitement in achieving another awesome milestone. I know we’re all convinced that you will continue to smash through barriers and eventually achieve all your goals. You may be the only person who believes that more strongly than the rest of us.

Excited to keep following along. Forgive me if I skip some/most/all of the maths.

Looking over your race report again, I was struck by how you reported your body wasn't feeling right in the first few miles. Do you think pre-race nerves played a significant role in this? I know I'm prone to the jitters and it definitely carries over into the first few miles, such that I basically have to ignore all the signals my body may be sending and just hold the pace. If I'm actually racing a marathon, miles 1-5 are usually pretty miserable for this reason, with my body sending all sorts of signals that this is not going to be a good day, etc. I've found that if I can tune out the 'noise', it eventually goes away, my heart rate and breathing get in their regular rhythm, and I start to feel strong again (at least until the pain and suffering return at mile 18, but that's to be expected). This is what I've understood the saying "trust your training" to mean, at least to me - trusting that I've put in the work and I'm capable of hitting my goal, even if the current physical feedback I'm receiving is saying the opposite. I'm curious about your experiences.

I plan to write a wrap up post and moving forward post sometime soon, but I don't think nerves played a role. I was confident pre-race and for the most part not nervous. I usually take a few miles to settle in. I tuned out the noise by going blind and it definitely helped settle me down. But as you can see from the paces, it only led to a minor change. But outside maybe mile 13, I never felt in the groove or normal. It just felt off for almost the entire first 18 miles.

Sorry to see that you didn’t achieve exactly the goal you were looking for, but it’s amazing to see your excitement in achieving another awesome milestone. I know we’re all convinced that you will continue to smash through barriers and eventually achieve all your goals. You may be the only person who believes that more strongly than the rest of us.

Excited to keep following along. Forgive me if I skip some/most/all of the maths.

Thanks! To me, I see it as not a matter of believing I will run the sub-3. I KNOW I will eventually run sub-3. I can feel it. It will happen. It's just a matter of time. Maybe that should be the title of the next chapter, "Just a matter of time". Because it has a double meaning - a) it will be just a matter of time before I run under a 3 hour marathon and b) it is just a matter of time in a physical sense that my goal is a time goal. I'll have to think that one over.

To me, I see it as not a matter of believing I will run the sub-3. I KNOW I will eventually run sub-3. I can feel it. It will happen. It's just a matter of time.

I stole this line of thinking from you after reading your long journey post and borrowed it to hype myself up for my next race. I think we can all use that kind of thinking in our life.

I just love Disboards! Between @Ariel484 's trip reports, @LSUlakes running thread, and @DopeyBadger 's technical expertise, I've become a running junkie! Amazing. Who knew that a Disney fan site could hold so much inspiration? I also didn't know a ton about training until @DopeyBadger stopped lurking. I enjoy increasing my mitochondrial VO2 capacity for anaerobic threshold stimulatic pace bearing via Western Australian caloric intake sufficiency every single week when I do my Tempo runs.

WHY?

I sit here now roughly 48 hours after completing the 2017 Milwaukee Lakefront Marathon and wonder "why?" Why did everything seemingly go so well in training and then on race day things just didn't feel right? What was the disconnect between the two and is there something I can learn to use going forward? After every race it's important to be reflective on the experience of the training and the race to glean new information that might be useful going forward. So, why?

Was the training an issue?

At first blush, no. I had one of my highest interval completion rates at 89%. I hit 8/14 marathon tempo workouts perfectly and 12/14 with 80% or greater success. The average pace was a 7:02 min/mile and the last 8 were a 6:59 min/mile average. The long runs were good. The hybrids were good. The faster speed runs were good. I did run the easier runs quite a bit easier than scheduled. But I was aiming to keep my HR at less than 67% HRR per Daniels recommendation (and that's what felt right in training).

If the training were the problem, then the expected result should have been a massive fade at the end of the run. Not sufficient training means I could hold the pace in the beginning but not towards the end. But in reality, I couldn't even hold pace at the beginning. In addition, previous training cycles defined as worse (65% hit rate and 1/7 weeks above 70% hit) generated better results.

There was an indicator though. The last Marathon Tempo workout:

Screen Shot 2017-10-03 at 11.45.46 AM.png

I had originally brushed this off as just a single bad run. This tends to happen for me during the taper. So no big deal. I said it had something to do with the sudden rise in T+D over the last couple of weeks. Prior to this run the last T+D over 120 was 8/17/17. But this may have been a warning sign something was wrong.

Was the weather an issue?

At first blush, no. The T+D was 95 in Grafton, minimal wind, and minimal cloud cover. By the end of the race, there was a stiffer wind (13-25 mph) and a T+D of 113. The sun was mostly out at the end as well. But a T+D of 95-113 is certainly reasonable for a marathon. At most, maybe a 0.5% pace adjustment. The wind might add a little extra adjustment as well.

But it's important to look beyond just the raw weather data. If the course is always the same from year to year, then the relative results should be similar as well. I finished in the top 4.6% overall (106/2292). Which means if I look at previous year's 4.6% finisher we can glean an insight whether the weather was indeed worse this year than average. This is based on the idea that the population that runs the Lakefront Marathon is always the same. So a 4.6% finisher one year should be relatively equal to a 4.6% finisher another year. If there is a difference, then one year was probably different than the other by definition of "difficulty".

Screen Shot 2017-10-03 at 11.50.15 AM.png

I was 4.6% finisher in 2017. So, as you can see the 4.6% finisher is usually around 3:09-3:12. The two outliers are the last two years (2016 and 2017). 2016 was raining (but I still hit near training pace). 2015 was near perfect conditions (cloudy, tailwind, T+D of 80-90).

So while at first blush the weather seemed fine, it is indeed possible it added a little level of difficulty that went undetected. So, it's possible this would account for about a 3-4 minute (2.2%) difference in time. So not everything, but surprisingly a bit more than expected.

If we are to assume it was a 2.2% increase from "normal" conditions, then my projected time at Mile 17 (3:07:07) would have really been a projection of 3:03:05. I chose Mile 17 because this was before I removed the blind and still was giving Marathon Tempo effort. Given the likely slow down yet to occur after Mile 17, this moves from "at first blush, no" to "probable". A 3:03:05 would have been a likely finishing time.

The question is - would the weather explain the immediate inability to hit pace either unblinded or blinded? Or would it be expected to see a general slow down trend?

Was it something new I tried this training cycle (Beet-It or RunGum)?

Unlikely as both were not being consumed during the last M Tempo run.

I felt as if the Beet-It didn't provide any extra benefits at the end of the day. It sure didn't make me feel any different. I didn't have any noticeable decrease in effort, HR, or relationship between them.

However, I did feel the RunGum was helpful. The caffeine was noticeable and I think it will be something I add to race day going forward. I will likely chew some prior to the race and then again towards the end.

Was it my nutritional diet?

In March 2017, I made another change to my diet. I tried to get away from the sugar and added in a spinach/quinoa salad at lunch instead. During the Lakefront training, I also added in a snack of almonds and 1/2 PB sandwich. But was I eating enough to support the training?

Screen Shot 2017-10-03 at 12.48.30 PM.png

3156 total calories: 421g carbs (52%), 101g fat (29%) and 168g protein (21%).

-On days with 90+ min run I'd take an E-Gel (150 calories) and runs at 120-150 min I'd take two (300 calories).
-For weekend, long runs I'd usually have a bagel, PB, honey and banana. But I usually didn't eat the "snack". Which would be a net change of +70 calories, +52g carbs, -15g fat, +1g protein.

Screen Shot 2017-10-03 at 12.47.21 PM.png

So, what was my normal caloric burn like?

Well MyFitnessPal estimates my BMR to be 1,722 and my Garmin estimates 2,102. So a bit of a difference.

What about normal active daily life?

Screen Shot 2017-10-03 at 1.20.11 PM.png

So "meals consumed" is calories in. Active burn is the exercise and life calories. And either MyFitness Pal or Garmin 235 provides the BMR calculation.

The truth of the matter is this: My weight prior to Lakefront 2016 was 156. My weight leading into the last few weeks of Lakefront 2017 training was 167. When I saw this on the scale, I started to panic a bit. I "felt" a little heavier, but I certainly didn't feel that much larger. So my goal was to get back down to 163-164 pounds by race day. I did this subconsciously and consciously by becoming really busy at work and not being able to eat the snack like I had consistently for the weeks prior (thus 3156 calories became 2683 calories during the taper). In the matter of 10-12 days my weight dropped back down into the 164 range. The question is - when did I make this change? I can't say for sure. I'd venture to guess by at least 9/21 it started, but it very well could have been right before that as well. Dependent on whether you believe the MyFitnessPal BMR or Garmin BMR dictates whether I was running a calorie deficit. And possibly that calorie deficit led to a feeling of no energy and thus flat on race day. Tough to say one way or the other.

Maybe the possible calorie deficit could also explain why it felt it took so much longer to recover from certain workouts. Might explain why I felt the need to go so much slower on easy days. Might explain why I actually gained weight (160 to 167) during this training cycle because I wasn't eating enough. But why would all of these things just suddenly crest to be an issue about 10 days out from the race?

So it begs the question - why?

When I first sat down to write this and before I had researched anything, I thought the answer was going to be clearly the nutrition was the only player. I sabotaged my own race experience at the last moment because of a slight weight gain and a desire to lose some extra pounds before the race. I tried to remind myself that the number on the scale matters less (if high) then does my final race time to me. I want to feel happy and fast. Possibly, my unhealthy relationship with food from my heavier days allowed the pendulum to swing too harshly in the opposite direction to eat too little.

But the weather and comparison of previous finishers in the same area leads me to believe that it might have in fact played a role as well. I certainly felt thirsty quite quickly in this race (having a noticeable deficit in water as soon as mile 4) and my salted face might have been another sign of inappropriate balance in my body. So, a matter of a 2.2% difference in finishing time may have been because of the weather even though it seemed like reasonable conditions.

Regardless, of why... this race will stick with me for a while. It's not that I didn't do well because I certainly did (finishing in the top 4.6% with a very respectable 3:14). But it's just that everything went so well leading right up until the race. As I tell others, no single race defines you. You remember it. You learn from it. You move on from it. This is me moving on from it realizing some factors may have been within my control and others may not have been. But at the end of the day, I put together a very solid race even without my best stuff. So, the next question is - what's next?

Now might be a good time to chase some PRs in other distances. In the past when I've wanted to race a fall marathon, I've generally focused on the 5K-half distances in the spring. I still try to keep my mileage up, but the focus on speed in the first part of the year leads to a nice carryover into an endurance focus for the fall, and some good results in the spring can serve as a nice confidence booster for a fall marathon.

Now might be a good time to chase some PRs in other distances. In the past when I've wanted to race a fall marathon, I've generally focused on the 5K-half distances in the spring. I still try to keep my mileage up, but the focus on speed in the first part of the year leads to a nice carryover into an endurance focus for the fall, and some good results in the spring can serve as a nice confidence booster for a fall marathon.

It's not a bad idea. It's actually what I did this year to catapult myself for this past weekend's marathon. I spent all Spring on 5k/10k training and really made some significant gains. If I had gotten the BQ, then the plan was to focus on HM training in Spring 2018. Now, I'm not quite sure what I want to do yet. I'm not really liking the options for a Spring marathon as I would prefer it to be cold and a road course. That leaves me early April as best bet, but not many desirable options within 200 miles of here.

Regardless, of why... this race will stick with me for a while. It's not that I didn't do well because I certainly did (finishing in the top 4.6% with a very respectable 3:14). But it's just that everything went so well leading right up until the race. As I tell others, no single race defines you. You remember it. You learn from it. You move on from it. This is me moving on from it realizing some factors may have been within my control and others may not have been. But at the end of the day, I put together a very solid race even without my best stuff. So, the next question is - what's next?

I am always in awe of your thinking and research-and your running!

Your attitude is amazing and is a wonderful example for me. I have not ever wanted to share my goals, time or otherwise, in fear that I would not only let myself down if I didn't reach them but others; this is not true, of course. The runners I know would never feel let down but some things in your head you just have to work a little harder to change/silence.

I certainly can't explain what may have happened to make you feel off. I am still in awe of all of your accomplishments...and especially the pace with which you are able to run 26.2 miles and maintain--incredible! Your last statement about putting together a solid race even without your best stuff may be true, but maybe it was your best stuff on that day. I know I am not telling you anything you haven't thought of already Billy and I don't really know where I'm going with this conversation except to say this: you are an awesome runner and you will run a sub-3 marathon, but what I and the folks on this thread appreciate more than your ability to run fast and far is the fact that you are such a good person. I know you won't forget that, but I just want to say-Don't forget that!

And yeah--what's next? I can't wait to see what you will accomplish next.

I have to commend your attitude as well! The fact that you're able to find the positive as well as look at the results and compare to the data is admirable and inspiring! As you know, I've had my own setbacks and reading your race recap and revisiting this thread never fails to inspire me! Congrats on the PR!

I have to commend your attitude as well! The fact that you're able to find the positive as well as look at the results and compare to the data is admirable and inspiring! As you know, I've had my own setbacks and reading your race recap and revisiting this thread never fails to inspire me! Congrats on the PR!

Thanks! I said it before, but it's not what happens to you, but how you react to it that defines you. I've certainly had some negative moments/thoughts about this race experience, but I know the focus needs to be on moving forward. And even more importantly, on learning from the experience.

I am always in awe of your thinking and research-and your running!

Thanks!

Your attitude is amazing and is a wonderful example for me. I have not ever wanted to share my goals, time or otherwise, in fear that I would not only let myself down if I didn't reach them but others; this is not true, of course. The runners I know would never feel let down but some things in your head you just have to work a little harder to change/silence.

Well, list one right now. What's one goal you'd like to achieve?

Your last statement about putting together a solid race even without your best stuff may be true, but maybe it was your best stuff on that day.

I think the HR and cadence would agree with you that on that particular day that was indeed my best (or very close to it).

And yeah--what's next? I can't wait to see what you will accomplish next.

Next is.... :D

102 Goals

What's next? I'll tell you what's next...

Originally, this list was to be a list of 100 goals. Like the overall running journey summary, I wrote this with the belief that I would indeed run a sub-3 hour marathon and BQ this past weekend. Since that didn't occur and because these are still a list of my goals, I decided to make it 102 goals instead. When I started, I had three goals:

-Finish a marathon
-Run a sub-4
-Qualify for Boston by time

Goals motivate me to continue. Some are time based, achievement based, completion based, continuation based, or running related. Some are achievable in the next few weeks and others may be totally impossible. Although, if you had asked me 5.5 years ago if I would weigh 164 pounds for the last several years and be in the shape necessary to run 26.2 miles at a 6:52 min/mile pace, then I certainly would have thought that was impossible too. But something I've learned over the years, is I like to reach far. I'm not satisfied setting easily achievable goals. I want the ones people scoff at and say no way he could do that. The ones where I have to go out and PROVE IT over and over again. I want these. I'll do what is necessary to get them. And so these are my 102 running goals from this point forward.

Goals completed: 13/102

1. Qualify for the Boston Marathon
2. Run a sub-3 hour Marathon
3. Run the Boston Marathon
4. Run a 5k or longer with my daughter, Gigi - Completed 2/25/22!
5. Complete all six of the current World Marathon Major Marathons (Boston, New York, Chicago, London, Berlin, and Tokyo).
6. Run a World Marathon Major Marathon under 3 hours
7. Run a marathon on every continent
8. Win the Walt Disney World Marathon
9. Win the Dopey Challenge by cumulative time at the Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend
10. Complete the Sextuple PR Challenge at Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend by PR’ing all 4 distances (5k, 10k, HM, and M) and the two associated challenges: Goofy (HM +M) and Dopey (5k+10k+HM+M).
11. Run a NYQ (New York Qualifying Race Standard). Currently as a Male 34 or less that is a 2:53 marathon or 1:21 half marathon
12. Age group award at the Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend Marathon
13. Age group award at the Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend Half Marathon
14. Age group award at the Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend 10k
15. Place Top 10 in the Dopey Challenge by cumulative time at the Walt Disney World Marathon Weekend
16a. Write a training plan that causes someone to Boston Qualify - Completed with @garneska on 10/7/2018 at the Chicago Marathon!
16b. Write a training plan and coach them actively through it that causes someone to Boston Qualify - Completed with @dis_or_dat on 3/31/2019 at the Modesto Marathon!

17. Pace someone I know to their first Boston Qualifying standard
18. Pace someone I know to a PR at the marathon distance
19. Pace someone I know to a PR at the half marathon distance
20. Pace someone I know to a PR at the 10k distance - Completed with @roxymama on 10/15/2017 at the Milwaukee Marathon Weekend 10k!
21. Pace someone I know to their first marathon finish
22. Pace someone I know to their first half marathon finish
23. Write a training plan that causes someone to run their first sub-3 marathon - Completed 5/18/19 by writing @canglim52 's training plan for the Fargo Marathon. A 2:55 marathon finish! Congrats!
24. Win the Middleton Haunted Hustle Marathon (my 1st marathon) OR the half marathon distance if the marathon is not offered
25. Win a marathon with at least 500 finishers
26. Win a half marathon with at least 500 finishers
27. Win a 10k with at least 200 finishers
28. Win a 5k with at least 200 finishers
29. Run a sub-3 at the Walt Disney World Marathon (my 2nd marathon)
30. Run a sub-3 at the Madison Marathon (my 3rd marathon)
31. Run a sub-3 at the Wisconsin Marathon (my 5th marathon)
32. Run the London Marathon
33. Run the New York Marathon
34. Run the Tokyo Marathon
35. Run the Berlin Marathon
36. Run the Chicago Marathon - Completed 10/7/2018!
37. Run a marathon in South America
38. Run a marathon in Europe
39. Run a marathon in Africa
40. Run a marathon in Asia
41. Run a marathon in Australia
42. Run a marathon in Antarctica
43. Win a marathon
44. Win a half marathon
45. Win a 10k
46. Win a 5k
47. Win a local race of any distance in the city I live
48. Run the Eugene Marathon
49. Run the Marine Corps Marathon
50. Run the Paris Marathon
51. Win the MadCity 50k
52. Complete a 100 miler in 17:19:17 (10:24 min/mile) or less (McMillan 3 hour marathon race equivalent)
53. Complete a 100k in 8:46:10 (8:28 min/mile) or less (McMillan 3 hour marathon race equivalent)
54. Complete a 50 miler in 6:39:21 (7:59 min/mile) or less (McMillan 3 hour marathon race equivalent)
55. Complete a 50k in 3:38:21 (7:02 min/mile) or less (McMillan 3 hour marathon race equivalent)
56. Complete a 100 miler
57. Complete a 100k
58. Complete a 50 miler
59. Complete a 50k
60. Run a sub 2:30 marathon
61. Run a sub 2:35 marathon
62. Run a sub 2:40 marathon
63. Run a sub 2:45 marathon
64. Run a sub 2:50 marathon
65. Run a sub 2:55 marathon
66. Run a sub 1:10 half marathon
67. Run a sub 1:15 half marathon
68. Run a sub 1:20 half marathon
69. Run a sub 1:25 half marathon
70. Run a sub 1:30 half marathon - Completed 11/10/2019 in the Madison Half Marathon (1:28:40)
71. Run a sub 36 minute 10k
72. Run a sub 38 minute 10k
73. Run a sub 40 minute 10k - Completed 1/5/2018 in the Walt Disney World 10k (39:54)
74. Run a sub 17 minute 5k
75. Run a sub 18 minute 5k
76. Run a sub 19 minute 5k
77. Run a sub 20 minute 5k (in a race) - Completed 1/5/2018 in the Walt Disney World 10k (5k split of 19:36, Strava of 19:27, and total time of 39:54 for 10k)
78. Run a sub 5 minute mile
79. Run a sub 6 minute mile - Completed 5/24/20 in a time of 5:42 with the help of @canglim52 and G!
80. Write 1000 training plans
81. Write 500 training plans - Completed 12/10/2020 by writing @GuinnessRunner 's new hybrid cycling/running plan.
82. Write 200 training plans - Completed 5/1/2018 by writing @roxymama 's first marathon plan for the Chicago Marathon! Fun fact, @roxymama was also Training Plan #3 way back in January 2016 for an 8k.

83. Write a book about running
84. Become a certified running coach
85. Coach high school running sports
86. Make a scientific discovery about running
87. Organize my own race
88. Open my own running store centered around learning, merchandise, coffee and alcohol
89. Open my own high-tech training center for multi-sports and athletes of all abilities
90. Run 50,000 career miles
91. Run 40,000 career miles
92. Run 30,000 career miles
93. Run 25,000 career miles
94. Run 20,000 career miles
95. Run 15,000 career miles - Completed 4/23/2022
96. Run 10,000 career miles - Completed 7/21/2018

97. Complete 50 marathons
98. Complete 40 marathons
99. Complete 30 marathons
100. Complete 20 marathons
101. Complete a transcontinental run from San Francisco, CA to New York City, NY
102. Complete the World Marathon Challenge – 7 marathons in 7 days on 7 continents

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter