To Infinity and Beyond - Becoming a Better DopeyBadger (Comments Welcome)

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

This nerd moment brought to you by roxymama.

Also, I'm taking your paragraph about cherishing being able to run and pasting that on my mental clipboard for when I need that pep-talk. Like probably several times this week when I'm "running for fun" on my days off and facing the cold outside. :)

Had a nice 12 miler yesterday. My hip held up fine. My right knee is a little sore, need to hit the foam roller hard. I noticed the quad is tight not hurting just tight. The best thing is I have been working on that cadence. I was concerned for 12 miles I would relapse a bit but I have gotten it up. I do have to think about it but not every step. My run yesterday was an average cadence of 168. I have to check my month of November but I have to believe the average is around 166 compared to 162. Still have work to do but showing improvement.

Ok bragging a little now (sorry) but I thought some might enjoy my map of my 12 mile run.

IMG_2891.PNG

Had a nice 12 miler yesterday. My hip held up fine. My right knee is a little sore, need to hit the foam roller hard. I noticed the quad is tight not hurting just tight. The best thing is I have been working on that cadence. I was concerned for 12 miles I would relapse a bit but I have gotten it up. I do have to think about it but not every step. My run yesterday was an average cadence of 168. I have to check my month of November but I have to believe the average is around 166 compared to 162. Still have work to do but showing improvement.

Great progress! Sounds like you're on the up swing!

Ok bragging a little now (sorry) but I thought some might enjoy my map of my 12 mile run.

Looks like the brain!

!BRAIM3.jpg

Marathon Weekend Vacation Update:

Feel like it's been awhile since I've put pen to paper about our WDW Marathon Weekend 2018 trip. A few things have changed:

-Instead of staying the night in Chicago on 1/1 and flying out 1/2 in the morning, we were able to now get a cheaper flight out of Madison. We now leave at 11:56am on 1/2 and leave at 4:23pm on 1/9. It'll be nice to fly out of Madison (which is 15 min away) rather than Chicago (3 hrs away).
-Still staying at Old Key West (me, G, Steph, and my mom in one Deluxe Studio).
-Dining Reservations
--1/2 - Olivia's for Dinner
--1/3 - Bon Voyage for Breakfast
--1/4 - Yak and Yeti for Dinner
--1/5 - Beaches and Cream for Lunch, Olivia's for Dinner
--1/6 - Trail's End for Dinner
--1/7 - Ohana for Dinner
--1/8 - Be Our Guest for Lunch
-Fastpass Reservations
--1/4 - Animal Kingdom - Safari, Na'vi River, and Festival of the Lion King
--1/8 - Magic Kingdom - Meet Mickey, Pirates, Meet Cinderella/Elena
-Made our grocery order including 10 pounds of bananas :banana:.

Excited!

Marathon Weekend Vacation Update:

Feel like it's been awhile since I've put pen to paper about our WDW Marathon Weekend 2018 trip. A few things have changed:

-Instead of staying the night in Chicago on 1/1 and flying out 1/2 in the morning, we were able to now get a cheaper flight out of Madison. We now leave at 11:56am on 1/2 and leave at 4:23pm on 1/9. It'll be nice to fly out of Madison (which is 15 min away) rather than Chicago (3 hrs away).
-Still staying at Old Key West (me, G, Steph, and my mom in one Deluxe Studio).
-Dining Reservations
--1/2 - Olivia's for Dinner
--1/3 - Bon Voyage for Breakfast
--1/4 - Yak and Yeti for Dinner
--1/5 - Beaches and Cream for Lunch, Olivia's for Dinner
--1/6 - Trail's End for Dinner
--1/7 - Ohana for Dinner
--1/8 - Be Our Guest for Lunch
-Fastpass Reservations
--1/4 - Animal Kingdom - Safari, Na'vi River, and Festival of the Lion King
--1/8 - Magic Kingdom - Meet Mickey, Pirates, Meet Cinderella/Elena

Excited!

Ok first things first...JEALOUS. (but I did just go, so I can't be too jealous)

Also, as much as I love to sell going to Chicago...15 min from Madison does seem like a way better option in this scenario. (especially in Jan!!)

Have you gone to Bon Voyage before? We loved the food there. Probably our favorite character meal in terms of food so far. We also loved the Navi River Journey (especially not waiting 100+ minutes for it!) Kiddo calls any ride that isn't a thrill ride a "snuggle ride" because you just sit next to each other and snuggle and look at stuff. We skipped FOP entirely and opted for the "snuggle ride."

:banana:

Ok first things first...JEALOUS. (but I did just go, so I can't be too jealous)

:D

Also, as much as I love to sell going to Chicago...15 min from Madison does seem like a way better option in this scenario. (especially in Jan!!)

::yes::

Have you gone to Bon Voyage before?

I haven't but Steph/G did back in May. She really liked it and the characters seemed to have a blast with her. So Steph recommended we do it again. She said the food was good as well.

We also loved the Navi River Journey (especially not waiting 100+ minutes for it!) Kiddo calls any ride that isn't a thrill ride a "snuggle ride" because you just sit next to each other and snuggle and look at stuff. We skipped FOP entirely and opted for the "snuggle ride."

FOP was a no go for us (at least this trip). I get motion sickness (as does my mom) and since this trip is about the race I'd prefer not to even risk it. It also makes it easier with a 3 yo not to worry about it. We'll be back in May 2018 for my MIL's 60th B-day. I'm excited for Navi and G refers to it as the "dinosaur ride" since she saw some previews of the animals walking in the background.

FOP was a no go for us (at least this trip). I get motion sickness (as does my mom) and since this trip is about the race I'd prefer not to even risk it. It also makes it easier with a 3 yo not to worry about it. We'll be back in May 2018 for my MIL's 60th B-day. I'm excited for Navi and G refers to it as the "dinosaur ride" since she saw some previews of the animals walking in the background.
While I am not trying to change your mind I will say FoP is incredibly smooth. If you can do Soarin this shouldn't be an issue. If not it might be. Its much less jerky than Star Tours.

While I am not trying to change your mind I will say FoP is incredibly smooth. If you can do Soarin this shouldn't be an issue. If not it might be. Its much less jerky than Star Tours.

Yea, Star Wars is a hard no for me. I've done Soarin before and I can't say it gave me too much issue (but it's been awhile). I haven't been on the updated Soarin yet (as an indicator for how long it's been). We plan to do FOP in May, just not this time.

I'm 50/50 on Soarin bugging me, so I understand where Billy is coming from. I will one day ride FOP when the lines are shorter and kiddo is taller.

Also @rteetz will you be bringing your banshee with you for Dopey weekend? Still anticipating pics of tiny medals on the tiny banshee. :)

Shorts and singlet in 32 degrees?!?! :eek: :faint: Good on you for being able to pull that off!

We're staying at OKW also! From 1/2-4, I'll be in a studio with my oldest son and daughter, and then we're moving to a grand villa when the rest of the gang rolls in Thursday. We're filling that and two more studios for race weekend! Say hi if you get the chance!

Trails End on Saturday night. If you get there early (i am sure after dinner you will be ready to go to bed) you can try and stop by to meet the rock star. I like to stay up near TE it is one of my favorite breakfast places. In fact after the 12 mile run we headed there for breakfast.

Shorts and singlet in 32 degrees?!?! :eek: :faint: Good on you for being able to pull that off!

:cold: We'll see about tonight because it's going to go below 30 and I'm not quite sure what I'll wear yet. I really despise the tights when running fast.

We're staying at OKW also! From 1/2-4, I'll be in a studio with my oldest son and daughter, and then we're moving to a grand villa when the rest of the gang rolls in Thursday. We're filling that and two more studios for race weekend! Say hi if you get the chance!

Fun! I'll be on the first bus each race morning with my mom. So maybe we'll see each other then!

I wasn't planning on it but now you have me thinking... :scratchin

Do it!

Trails End on Saturday night. If you get there early (i am sure after dinner you will be ready to go to bed) you can try and stop by to meet the rock star. I like to stay up near TE it is one of my favorite breakfast places. In fact after the 12 mile run we headed there for breakfast.

I believe the plan is to be at Fort Wilderness for a good bit of the day (after the HM that is). So I'm sure we'll have time to meet the rock star. Pony Ride, Trails End, and Campfire (although I'm likely to duck out by then).

How many bananas are in 10 pounds of bananas? And where do you order from? I was actually thinking of packing bananas in my backpack for marathon weekend, but I don't want them to get bruised! (Have been eating one banana daily, or at least every other day, for awhile now, as I noticed it has helped prevent calf cramps).

How many bananas are in 10 pounds of bananas? And where do you order from? I was actually thinking of packing bananas in my backpack for marathon weekend, but I don't want them to get bruised! (Have been eating one banana daily, or at least every other day, for awhile now, as I noticed it has helped prevent calf cramps).

Don't actually know the number. I'd say quite a few. According to the description it is ~3.5 bunches. So between 15-30? I order from garden grocer .com. We have the last 3 years with no issues.

Not really a fan of bananas but for the last 2 years eating one almost daily. I too notice less calf cramps. I know it is a super food so I just eat it. Tend to eat it first thing after morning run as I am hungry and at that time I can say it usually tastes good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter