• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

To anyone contacting their guide today...

Anyone ask about Boulder Ridge and OKW?

I did not ask about either, but I read somewhere else OKW was only going up $5 which is what I suspected.... They Are going to make okw slightly more appealing than ssr and I suspect that difference will grow with every price change. OR, that's wrong and it's $9 .

Wow. I just picked up BLT resale for $125. Guess this is going to drive up resale prices.

I would be happy to pay $191 by the 16th if they can come up with it because I only want 40 points and I'd never get 40 for $125.. I won't pay $225. I'll Buy ssr or okw instead and roll the dice at 7 months .

Ok I had round 2 with my guide asking questions. He said "Disney hasn't approved guides to email out price increase information, however if a customer asks they can tell us". I asked about Poly and GF.

Poly from $220 to 235
GF from $220 to 245

Good lord. VGF is now $100 more per point than the pre-sale price for members when the points first when on sale.

I am really blown away by the direct prices. At over $200 a point I have a difficult time understanding the value proposition. I think there are pockets of value in some of the point charts but man oh man I seriously question if one calculates interest earned on upfront cash costs, ongoing MF/T, and discounts available on rack rates how one could find consistent savings... Take away a 'reasonable' resale value... Yikes...

Good lord. VGF is now $100 more per point than the pre-sale price for members when the points first when on sale.

Crazy, isn't it? We got in at the $145 price in 2013, and recently added on back via resale in 2016 at the same price. Even with the 2020 point charts, we are still getting a great value (doesn't mean we are happy about the changes, as they still negatively affect us). At $245, there is likely some value there still, but $100 (69%) increase in 5-6 years is astronomical.

Disney knows some VGF owners are going to need 15-50 point contracts due to the 2020 point charts and have priced accordingly I am afraid. We would have if we didn't add more on in 2016.

Can anyone explain to me the waitlist process to purchase points at sold out resorts? If your waitlist comes up, are you obligated to purchase? I’m guessing no, considering I see many people state they are on multiple waitlists but I wasn’t sure.

Can anyone explain to me the waitlist process to purchase points at sold out resorts? If your waitlist comes up, are you obligated to purchase? I’m guessing no, considering I see many people state they are on multiple waitlists but I wasn’t sure.

When your name comes up, the points are "set aside" for you, your guide will call you and you have (I believe) 24 hours to respond and put down a deposit. If your response is "no thanks" they just move on to the next person.

I hope anyone on the waitlist, reacts quickly (quicker than 24 hours) out of respect for everyone else eagerly awaiting those points.

When your name comes up, the points are "set aside" for you, your guide will call you and you have (I believe) 24 hours to respond and put down a deposit. If your response is "no thanks" they just move on to the next person.

I hope anyone on the waitlist, reacts quickly (quicker than 24 hours) out of respect for everyone else eagerly awaiting those points.
Thanks! Makes sense and I agree.

If I recall properly when I wait listed points in late 2017 I was given 5 business days to contact DVD or else they'd go to the next person. Maybe things have changed since then, but it was a fair amount of time I think.

Any news about the prices for the remaining properties and when Disney will publish them

If I recall properly when I wait listed points in late 2017 I was given 5 business days to contact DVD or else they'd go to the next person. Maybe things have changed since then, but it was a fair amount of time I think.

I think they are trying to move down the list a bit quicker than that right now. But normally, I'd say yes. I also waitlisted / bought in 2017 and I believe they wanted an answer within 3 days but then I had another day or 2 to get the deposit and they also let me drag out my final payment to a new credit card billing cycle.

But right now, it was clear they wanted a commitment and deposit ASAP. I can't remember how it was phrased, but something like "we'll set them aside, but you'll need to give us a deposit to secure them, but we take credit cards..." and he kept stressing how long the lists were.

I asked about Poly and GF.

Poly from $220 to 235
GF from $220 to 245

In stead of a like button we should have a "holy crap" button.

That is a huge increase of both resorts over the past 2 years -- now with all these increases -- won't this drive up the resale prices too? Even with their newest restrictions for resale I don't think it will really make resale contracts any less valuable. The only one it will hurt will be those trying to resell their Rivera -- god help those people. I thought for a brief moment that if Rivera was something spectacular that we could add on there but no way Jose with those restrictions. We love Disney but knowing that there is a somewhat financially strong out if we needed provides a certain level of comfort.

Has anyone successfully added any direct points since the announcement?

I'm starting to take a step back from my "oh my gosh - I've got to buy points now" reaction. I'm calmer now.lol But I still can't believe we haven't seen an announcement of the price increase.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter