To anyone contacting their guide today...

Has anyone successfully added any direct points since the announcement?

I'm starting to take a step back from my "oh my gosh - I've got to buy points now" reaction. I'm calmer now.lol But I still can't believe we haven't seen an announcement of the price increase.
I did receive an e-mail re: CCV sales with the planned increase for that resort, but nothing on the others.

I did a google search for DVC point price increase, and of course found nothing for this year. I was kind of shocked to see, though, that last year's price increases were announced a month in advance. News came out about it on December 19th, 2017, and the prices didn't go up until January 18th. The quietness about this increase is very concerning. Who are they trying to hide this information from?

Ok, so we're looking at:

AKV 171 TO 176
BCV 185 TO 225(?)
BLT 191 TO 225
BWV 171 TO 190
BRV 171 TO ?
CCV 182 TO 188
GFV 220 TO 245
OKW 151 TO 156
PVB 220 TO 235
SSR 151 TO 160

Ok, so we're looking at:

AKV 171 TO 176
BCV 185 TO 225(?)
BLT 191 TO 225
BWV 171 TO 190
BRV 171 TO ?
CCV 182 TO 188
GFV 220 TO 245
OKW 151 TO 156
PVB 220 TO 235
SSR 151 TO 160

I think I saw VGC going to $260pp. That one is nonsense because they don't sell direct there anyway pretty much ever. It's almost just a placeholder number and should have no bearing on any resale price.

Has anyone successfully added any direct points since the announcement?

I'm starting to take a step back from my "oh my gosh - I've got to buy points now" reaction. I'm calmer now.lol But I still can't believe we haven't seen an announcement of the price increase.

I talked to my guide yesterday about adding on 30 pts for BLT Dec UY. She said the price is going up to $225/pt effective 1/16 and that guides received the email with new prices last Friday. There are about 20+ people on the list ahead of me, so I'm not expecting a call.

Haha. I panicked at first too. I've since chilled out. We just bought a new house and our next DVC trip is already booked, so it doesn't make sense for us to add on right now anyway.

Good luck to all on a wait list!

Ok, so we're looking at:

AKV 171 TO 176
BCV 185 TO 225(?)
BLT 191 TO 225
BWV 171 TO 190
BRV 171 TO ?
CCV 182 TO 188
GFV 220 TO 245
OKW 151 TO 156
PVB 220 TO 235
SSR 151 TO 160

Something tells me they will start filling those points for people that have been on waitlist a long time.....right after price hike

I know, right? :crazy2:
How can anyone afford to pay those prices? I guess I must be really cheap. :confused3

DVC direct prices lost any sense for me long time ago. When I bough, SSR was $50 reasale and BWV $60. I passed on BWV because of the shortest contract and extra cost of $10. If you're cheap I'm super-cheap.

I talked to my guide yesterday about adding on 30 pts for BLT Dec UY. She said the price is going up to $225/pt effective 1/16 and that guides received the email with new prices last Friday. There are about 20+ people on the list ahead of me, so I'm not expecting a call.

Haha. I panicked at first too. I've since chilled out. We just bought a new house and our next DVC trip is already booked, so it doesn't make sense for us to add on right now anyway.

Good luck to all on a wait list!

I'm ahead of you on that waitlist. My guide told me not to expect any point availability for "quite some time".

Craig

Per guide this morning,

Boulder Ridge Villas (BRV) going from 171 to 176.
Copper Creek Villas (CCV) going from 182 to 188.

The way they can take all of our money must be Disney's new best kept secret.

This makes our 1993 direct purchase of OKW $57.50 a point look like a geniu$ decision.

I even feel the same way about BLT resale for $121 a point a year and a half ago. Added on only 25 direct. Seems like I got in just in time.

Last edited:
I even feel the same way about BLT resale for $121 a point a year and a half ago. Added on only 25 direct. Seems like I got in just in time.

I did the exact same thing. 160 BLT resale at 125 and added on 25 direct.

Between the new restrictions and the impending recession, you’ll be able to snag more points at those prices before you know it. Just my educated guess.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter