Title Chosen: World of Friendship! October 2017 Girls Getaway: Aloha to the Poly/ MCO Hyatt p33-4

We all had afternoon flights-

Nice. No getting up at stupid o'clock..... and then you did anyway!

The only thing we had on the schedule was a Fast Pass for Flights of Passage at 10:15.

Not a bad thing to be "only".

Sometime during the previous day, it had dawned on me that we would be waking up at the resort that housed my very favorite breakfast item in World (not to mention the world), so we had made a reservation for breakfast at Kona at 8:00. YIPEE!!!

Interesting. Your fave breakfast is one I wasn't even aware of!

I peeked outside to see if the castle was still there where I left it.

Good to know they don't dismantle it at night.

(Apparently, 5 O’Clock somewhere does not refer to 5 am)

But it should!

DSCF3189.jpg

Nannette got this.

What did she think of it?

Janet and I split the Macadamia-FN-Pineapple Pancakes. Mmmmmmm.

Hmmm.... I'd have to try it, but... I dunno. That combination just sounds strange to me.

So nice, I’ll post it twice!

:laughing: Sooooo.... you liked it? ;)

Last day already? I fell behind a bit too.

Love your photo walk strolls in the mornings. The poly seems like a great place to do that.

Kona looks very good. I have done it once and got the Tonga Toast.

I'm usually awake by 5:30 every morning, so that photographic stroll you took us all on through the Polynesian was perfect. I love getting to see the resorts when it's quiet and deserted. The lobby looked very peaceful, and the shots of the bungalows with the castle behind it were stunning. I'd love to be there right now...

I think we've already talked about how we're both savory over sweet fans, but I completely agree with you on Kona. Those pancakes are soooo good. Impossible to pass up!

Great pics of the castle still lit up at dawn! You sure were up early ;)

Glad you could fit in a breakfast at Kona!

Thanks!

5:00 isn't so bad. During the week, I get up between 3:30 and 4 as my husband gets ready to leave for work. Unfortunately, my body does not distinguish between weekday workdays, Saturday and Sunday, holidays, vacations...

I am SOOOOOO glad we were able to eat at Kona!

:goodvibes

We had been to Universal when my girls were younger before all the HP stuff
We went this past March for 4 days prior to our Disney stay and loved it so much we upgraded to AP’s
We stayed at Cabana Bay for 1 night and RP the rest and loved them but really looking forward to staying at the HRH and see all the Xmas stuff

We got annual passes for Universal one year, too. We actually purchased them for a single trip, but we were doing 5 days at the parks and that was the most economical way to get tickets. We ended up making a second trip within that time period. And at the time, we also got a year-long photo pass (whatever they call it) and used it for both trips. Not sure if they are still offering that.

We love, love, love the Hard Rock!

Paying tribute to my first crush:

Spinning is out, like tea cups and Astro Orbiter for me, too. I don't like the big roller coasters like Space Mountain and Everest. I have gone on Rock N' Roll, which I did okay with because you are strapped in nicely. I won't do Mission Space ever again because of claustrophobia. I thought I was going to have a full - blown panic attack when they closed me up in that capsule. I also won't do Star Tours.

The ability to walk into MK from the Contemporary would be nice, but you have to take two monorails to get to Epcot from that resort. A lot of people prefer the Poly to the CR because you can walk to the TTC to catch the Epcot monorail instead of taking two monorails. And the view is much better from the Poly. :) When we want to stay at the GF we do a split stay with the BC/YC. That gives us the best of both worlds and the least amount of buses. We get our fill of MK while at the GF and then hit up Epcot and DHS on the BC/YC stay. The AK bus is fine from the Poly/GF. :)

I'm not claustrophobic, but I find that M:S is just meh. I'll go on it if others want to, but it is a ride I totally don't mind skipping. Of course, ORANGE is out!

Someday, I will have to step foot in the GF. I have never been to the resort.

I had never been to the WL lodge, either, but Nannette and Rebecca righted that wrong during our 2015 trip.

::yes::

Nice. No getting up at stupid o'clock..... and then you did anyway!

At least it wasn't outrageous o'clock!

Not a bad thing to be "only".

True. But it was just wrong that a couple of the days we (I) booked our Fast Passes I didn't book all 3. I always tell people that is a capital sin!

Interesting. Your fave breakfast is one I wasn't even aware of!

No? Tonga Toast gets all the love, but these pancakes are my passion.

Good to know they don't dismantle it at night.

PHEW!

But it should!

Yes, wouldn't it be great to have a tiki drink first thing in the morning. I used to work 3rd shift at Dunkin Donuts many many years ago and when I finished the overnight shift on Sunday mornings we would grab egg Mcmuffins and beer. Breakfast of champions.

What did she think of it?

I think she said they were ok, but I don't remember.

Hmmm.... I'd have to try it, but... I dunno. That combination just sounds strange to me.

The portion is HUGE, so you probably want to make sure you like it by sampling it from a friends plate before committing. The Big Kahuna used to be on the menu and featured these pancakes, French toast, eggs, home fries and choice of breakfast meat, but I don't see it on the current menu.

:laughing: Sooooo.... you liked it? ;)

A bit! You could say I flip over these pancakes!

:love:

Last edited:
Last day already? I fell behind a bit too.

Love your photo walk strolls in the mornings. The poly seems like a great place to do that.

Kona looks very good. I have done it once and got the Tonga Toast.

Yes, final day, but it ended up not being as "last" as I though it would be.

Morning strolls are one of my favorite things to do. The resorts are so peaceful and different at that hour of the day.

Kona is one of my favorite Disney restaurants. I love the breakfast, lunch and dinner menus. The food rarely disappoints, although I haven't been blown away by the desserts there.

:goodvibes

I'm usually awake by 5:30 every morning, so that photographic stroll you took us all on through the Polynesian was perfect. I love getting to see the resorts when it's quiet and deserted. The lobby looked very peaceful, and the shots of the bungalows with the castle behind it were stunning. I'd love to be there right now...

I think we've already talked about how we're both savory over sweet fans, but I completely agree with you on Kona. Those pancakes are soooo good. Impossible to pass up!

Exactly!

Looking at the pictures, I could not believe how deserted the lobby and Captain Cooks was.

Yes, I definitely prefer savory, but these pancakes are amazing. I think it may be the macadamias that give the pancakes a hearty flavor and texture.

:lovestruc

At least it wasn't outrageous o'clock!

No. Only Canadians heading home on the early flight do that.

No? Tonga Toast gets all the love, but these pancakes are my passion.

Haven't had that either. Been to Kona once, I think... and that was probably dinner. Back in 05'.

Yes, wouldn't it be great to have a tiki drink first thing in the morning. I used to work 3rd shift at Dunkin Donuts many many years ago and when I finished the overnight shift on Sunday mornings we would grab egg Mcmuffins and beer. Breakfast of champions.

:laughing:

A bit! You could say I flip over these pancakes!

:love:

:laughing: Okay, "you flip over pancakes".

Can’t believe it’s your last day but hey at least you got stay in theme and pack it full of fun activities :)
I love strolling around resorts early in the morning before the world awakens. There’s something so restorative and calming about the atmosphere in the early morning waiting on the the sun to rise. It’s without doubt my favorite time of day when I’m on holidays ( not so much when I’m lying in bed at home willing myself to sleep).
Your photos are beautiful. I’ve never been to the Poly but I’d love to stay there one day. Problem is it’s always a little (or a lot depending) more expensive than the YC and as Epcot is our favorite park we always go there if finances afford it.
It’s been nice to walk through the Poly via your photos so thanks for that.
I’d be all over those macadamia pineapple pancakes. They look delicious. Not so sure about the pumpkin variety though.
Looking forward to hearing how you morning worked out and what lunch was like :)

I fell behind again, so I've just caught up. Here are my random thoughts to add.

I LOVE that we made it to four parks in one day. Overall, that day was so much fun.

I still can't believe how tall the couple was that blocked your view. So tall!

I love CHH so I'm glad we ate there. It is one of those Disney places that is so comfortable it feels like being at home.

I think Sue and I would make great Disney travel buddies because our ride likes and (more importantly) dislikes/discomforts are very similar!

My husband also gets nervous about time on the last day, but he forgets that and so every time we book a trip he wants me to book a super late flight out. On our next trip we will likely get on the ME around 5:30 pm. We are staying at the YC, so I'm hopeful that we can just enjoy F&W on our last day and relax knowing we are just a short walk away from the hotel.

And finally, we do all look tired in that Kona breakfast photo. This was definitely the least relaxing Disney vacation I have ever had. No need for pool noodles on this trip!

But so much fun was had!

Can’t believe it’s your last day but hey at least you got stay in theme and pack it full of fun activities :)
I love strolling around resorts early in the morning before the world awakens. There’s something so restorative and calming about the atmosphere in the early morning waiting on the the sun to rise. It’s without doubt my favorite time of day when I’m on holidays ( not so much when I’m lying in bed at home willing myself to sleep).
Your photos are beautiful. I’ve never been to the Poly but I’d love to stay there one day. Problem is it’s always a little (or a lot depending) more expensive than the YC and as Epcot is our favorite park we always go there if finances afford it.
It’s been nice to walk through the Poly via your photos so thanks for that.
I’d be all over those macadamia pineapple pancakes. They look delicious. Not so sure about the pumpkin variety though.
Looking forward to hearing how you morning worked out and what lunch was like :)

It was a pretty packed day! I still have quite a bit to write about.

I know you like the early morning strolls, the resorts are so different when there is nobody around. Like night and day!

I loved the Poly, and I could see staying there again, but like you, I prefer to be closer to EPCOT.

I like pumpkin, and in other circumstances, I might order them, but not when the macadamia pineapple pancakes are on the table!

The morning was great, but the lunch was not exactly what I expected.

:rolleyes1

I LOVE that we made it to four parks in one day. Overall, that day was so much fun.

I still can't believe how tall the couple was that blocked your view. So tall!

I love CHH so I'm glad we ate there. It is one of those Disney places that is so comfortable it feels like being at home.

I think Sue and I would make great Disney travel buddies because our ride likes and (more importantly) dislikes/discomforts are very similar!

My husband also gets nervous about time on the last day, but he forgets that and so every time we book a trip he wants me to book a super late flight out. On our next trip we will likely get on the ME around 5:30 pm. We are staying at the YC, so I'm hopeful that we can just enjoy F&W on our last day and relax knowing we are just a short walk away from the hotel.

And finally, we do all look tired in that Kona breakfast photo. This was definitely the least relaxing Disney vacation I have ever had. No need for pool noodles on this trip!

But so much fun was had!

We rocked that day! I was proud and amazed at Nannette, especially since she was still recovering from the rough start to the trip.

I'm glad you confirm that I did not exaggerating about the size of that couple. Seriously tall. How was your view for the show- you were off to the side on the sidewalk, right?

I never mind a stop at CHH!

Yes, I think you and Sue would be great travel buddies, but even better when we are all together!

A 5:30 ME does give you most of the day to play. Maybe even a swim now that SAB has those poolside changing rooms. FINALLY!

It was a go-go-go trip, but I don't think that I can definitively say it was the least relaxing one for me. I have been on some pretty intense Disney trips.

But it is indisputable that so much fun was had!

::yes::

Almost Solo at AK

After breakfast at Kona, I caught a bus for Animal Kingdom.

While on board, I texted Mark and let him know my plans for the day: Animal Kingdom then Downtown Disney and my return home late that night.

“You’re not going to Magic Kingdom?”

“No, meeting up with my friends for lunch at Bongos”

Beep!

Beep! Beep! Beep!

The bus I was riding on started beeping.

The driver pulled over for a couple of minutes, then started up again.

Beep!

Beep! Beep! Beep!

He pulled over again.

Oh, no! Don’t make us wait for a new bus!

He started up again.

Much to my surprise, the driver powered through and got us to Animal Kingdom.

I have no idea what was wrong with the bus, and it was kind of annoying listening to all that beeping, but I’m thankful that he didn’t make us wait for a new bus.

According to the time-stamp on my pictures, I got to the entrance around 9 am.

DSCF3192.jpg

DSCF3193.jpg

DSCF3195.jpg

I was greeted by this bird flyover, which I guess is a thing. Anyone know?

I stopped to get a few Photopass pictures at the Tree of Life.

DeeTree2.jpg

DeeTree1.jpg

DeeFrame.jpg

Although I was alone at Animal Kingdom, it didn’t feel that way, especially after I made my way to Pandora.

Next Up: All by myself (almost)

All by myself (almost)

These were the lines for the Avatar rides:

DSCF3197.jpg

DSCF3257.jpg

My Fast Pass for Flights of Passage was not for another 45 mintues, so I just hung around and took pictures

IMG_2087.jpg

DSCF3198.jpg

DSCF3199.jpg

DSCF3200.jpg

DSCF3202.jpg

DSCF3203.jpg

DSCF3205.jpg

DSCF3207.jpg

DSCF3209.jpg

DSCF3210.jpg

DSCF3213.jpg

DSCF3215.jpg

DSCF3216.jpg

DSCF3217.jpg

DSCF3255.jpg

DSCF3254.jpg

DSCF3258.jpg

DSCF3259.jpg

Continued in Next Post- Let’s Ride

Last edited:
“You’re not going to Magic Kingdom?”

Valid question for a last day park.

Much to my surprise, the driver powered through and got us to Animal Kingdom.

Good! But also surprised.

I was greeted by this bird flyover, which I guess is a thing. Anyone know?

It's a good thing.
It's not a good thing if you get pooped on.

Yep. You were there.

Although I was alone at Animal Kingdom, it didn’t feel that way, especially after I made my way to Pandora.

:rolleyes1

Let’s Ride

As I was taking pictures, a woman I had never met before noticed me and asked if I was there alone. She had a Fast Passes for Na’vi River Journey and asked if I wanted to ride with her. I accepted her kind offer.

I think I just took this picture, which I posted earlier.

OK, Photobucket is being funky!

We talked for a little bit after the ride and I asked if she would like to join me on Flights of Passage. In addition to the Fast Pass I had for the ride, I also had the anytime FP for Animal Kingdom that the photopass photographer had given us the day before in Hollywood Studios.

Unfortunately, she had a FP to see the Lion King show that was starting soon, so we parted ways.

It is always nice to meet a new friend!

I entered the Fast Pass line for FoP, and it was a MUCH different experience than the previous night.

I was moving so fast that I think this is the only picture I stopped to take while in the outside part of the queue.

Inside- again, the theming here doesn’t do much for me:

DSCF3230.jpg

DSCF3231.jpg

DSCF3232.jpg

DSCF3233.jpg

On the other hand, the preshow area is kinda fun. I am way in the back, number 16, I think. Do you recognize me?

DSCF3237.jpg

DSCF3239.jpg

DSCF3240.jpg

Love these Birds of Paradise in the exit queue area

DSCF3243.jpg

DSCF3244.jpg

And then, it was time to ride again!

Very cool attraction and I am happy to say that I didn’t get queasy from the rides.

I had plans to meet up with my friends for lunch, so I made my way to the exit.

But I stop for vultures!

DSCF3264.jpg

IMG_8910.jpg

IMG_8913.jpg

IMG_8928.jpg

IMG_8941.jpg

DSCF3266.jpg

Next Up: Where To Now?

Last edited:
OK, Photobucket is being funky!

Yep. Can't see this photo either.

She had a Fast Passes for Na’vi River Journey and asked if I wanted to ride with her. I accepted her kind offer.

Nice! Stuff like that just happens in Disney, no? :)

We talked for a little bit after the ride and I asked if she would like to join me on Flights of Passage. In addition to the Fast Pass I had for the ride, I also had the anytime FP for Animal Kingdom that the photopass photographer had given us the day before in Hollywood Studios.

Unfortunately, she had a FP to see the Lion King show that was starting soon, so we parted ways.

Geez. Skip that and go see the next show. You'll get in.

I was moving so fast that I think this is the only picture I stopped to take while in the outside part of the queue.

Nice that it was moving, though.

On the other hand, the preshow area is kinda fun. I am way in the back, number 16, I think. Do you recognize me?

Oh, for sure. No problem.

Love these Birds of Paradise in the exit queue area

I saw those too. :)

Very cool attraction and I am happy to say that I didn’t get queasy from the rides.

Good!

But I stop for vultures!

Technically... when people "stop", vultures come to them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter