Tip if you drive to the parks

foxfire

<font color=00cc00>I wonder what rock I've been hi
I can't claim this idea as mine since I read it a long time ago but I don't think I've seen it mentioned in a while. Since there may be some new posters, I thought I'd put it up and maybe it could help someone.

If you drive to the parks and have a digital camera, take a shot of the section pole where you park. That way, you won't have to walk and walk and walk trying to locate your "lost" car if you can't remember exactly where you parked. Just go back and review that shot and you can easily find your car.

We have always used Disney transportation but if we ever do drive ourselves I will make sure to do this. Who wants to be searching for their car when you're exhausted after a long day in the parks....nobody in my family, for sure! :rotfl:

If you don't have a digital camera, you can also call and leave a message for yourself on your cell phone.

take a quick shot of your kids too, so if they are lost you can see exactly what they had on. (days and outfits on vacation tend to run together.)

Ist of all, don't apologize for ever using someone elses idea.

The best ideas about anything that I have ever had were never mine!! This one is fabulous. My wife always suggests that when we rent a car, we make sur ethat we can remotely pop the trunk from a distance.

I would also go so far as to put vehicle magnets on the car or those cute little Mickey antenna covers in place.

These are great ideas! I wish I would've had a picture or a message or something when we lost our car on our last trip!:lmao:

My DW has a pink princess mouseears w/crown antenna ball on her car. we can usually spot it from anywhere in the parking lot when we go somewhere. it might not stand out as much at the disney parks but it sure works at the local mall.

We do this in underground parking garages. DBF usually takes a pic with his camera phone so we can remember where we parked!

don't take a picture of just the pole! Take a picture at the END of the row on the blacktop! It tells what row you are in. Just knowing Pluto isn't enough when it's rows 11-20something. You could still be wading through 100's of cars.

don't take a picture of just the pole! Take a picture at the END of the row on the blacktop! It tells what row you are in. Just knowing Pluto isn't enough when it's rows 11-20something. You could still be wading through 100's of cars.

You are exactly right! That's actually what I meant when I said section pole but I guess I didn't really make it clear. You definitely need to know the row you park in. :thumbsup2

Every day the first item on my touring plan is to write down the parking lot section and row. I even pre-printed a blank at the bottom of the touring plan that says "Go to the car at parking lot: ___________________". I share my pen (how old fashioned am I?!) with my party so each can write it down on their copy of the touring plan.
:teacher:

You are exactly right! That's actually what I meant when I said section pole but I guess I didn't really make it clear. You definitely need to know the row you park in. :thumbsup2
I do this every trip ... in spite of the weird looks I get from people. I also usually tie *something* on my antenna (wal*mart bag if that's what I have) ... do you know how many white rental cars there are at WDW???

Oh yes, I totally agree on all these tips! Our first day we thought if we can't find the car we will just hit the button on the key chain and make the horn honk and follow the sound.......WRONG!! Imagine getting out of Epcot at night and EVERYONE having the same idea.:lmao: :lmao: People were walking around in circles following sounds then getting to a car that is not theirs and having to start all over again. It was madness, but it was hilarious.:rotfl2:

After that night we started either jotting down the character and row in our cell phones, or taking a picture with the digital camera. We also did the thing where we took a family pic every morning before we left the hotel so if anyone got lost we had a picture of what we are wearing that day.:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter