• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Tink Got Me My Very Own Sharpies!- A Surprise Bday TR (3/8 Final Thoughts)

So when I last left you....I was picking my DD up from school with the made up excuse of going for a physical. When we got the house to pick up the "insurance card" that I had "forgotten"....DD IMMEDIATELY noticed the Pixie Dust. If you listen closely at the beginning of the surprise video, you can just make out her saying "Tink came!"

She followed the trail up to the house and ran in....excitingly noticing the gifts that awaited.

010.jpg

Close up of the note from Tink

011.jpg

Aisling loved Puppy's Zero costume but oddly never inquried WHY he was dressed like Zero. If you haven't read my previous TRs....Puppy has been with us since Aisling was 1. She takes him EVERYWHERE. And I mean everywhere...if she goes to a different floor of the house- he goes. If she goes to th bathroom- he goes. You get the picture. I was terrified about how she was going to handle the transition of not having him in Kindergarten. This summer, Aisling went to summer camp and we decided that Puppy should stay home and play with his "big sisters" (the dolls). It worked and Kindgergarten ended up being a very easy transition. I figured she was going to have to take him and at least know that he was in her backpack...but she was fine without him at all. My dream for this trip was to keep Puppy in the room (we had an incident in 2007 when Puppy went missing in the MK and was never found since Aisling had taken off his dog collar with our emergency contact information :rolleyes1). But more on that later.....popcorn::

015.jpg

Aisling quickly ripped through the gifts from Tink. If you've watched the video...she was clearly overwhelmed at the thought that we were going to WDW that day but go overly excited by the Tink gifts. :rotfl2:

023.jpg

We then had to get a move on to the airport. We quickly changed her into her travel outfit and we were on our way.

025-1.jpg

We got the airport without incident. :wizard: On the drive, Aisling kept saying "I'm so excited" over and over and over. After 40 minutes of that, I gladly dropped them and all our luggage on the curb and went to find parking. More Pixie Dust, the shuttle bus was just pulling up as I was parking so I didn't have to wait! :wizard: I got back to my family and we somehow managed to get 3 big suitcases, 1 carry-on sized suitcase (that was actually getting checked), 3 carry-on bags, the laptop case, my purse, the stroller, Puppy and Chrissa (the AG doll in the pics) up to the counter in one piece. After handling these bags for this short time....i was quickly reminded again why I enjoy ME so much!

Along the way, Aisling stopped to tell everyone who would listen that it was her birthday and that her parents fooled her. She told every TSA officer we came in contact with...so she got a TSA badge

032.jpg

Side note: We only allow fast food in our house once a week. Aisling had asked about having McDonald's the day of her physical as she would be "missing lunch at school". We had assured her she could. We weren't lying...there is a McDonalds in the Manchester airport. Or so we thought!!! When we got there, it was under construction and closed :headache: Luckily the idea of an individual sized pizza at Pizza Hut thrilled her so no meltdown over that!

026.jpg

The airplane ride went by quickly thankfully. Aisling took a little nap- which was definitely needed by this point. She was ramped up from the excitement and she needed a little down time.

Note...if you haven't take a recent trip to WDW- they are now only giving you 1 ME tag per person. Fine for the average family- not so great for a kid who wears customs/pettis and changes 2-3 times a day. :headache: So we had to run over to baggage claim, get one of our bags, and then head over to ME. We lucked out that a bus was waiting right when we got there. Unfortunately, the bus was completely full. There was only single seats left. The bus was full with people going to conventions. A nice person saw us and got up so that someone could sit with Aisling. Thank you random person :flower3:

There was a seat across the aisle so I still got to see next to them anyway.

034.jpg

033.jpg

Aisling started tearing up a little because she was convinced that the video was broken on the bus. In her mind, it started right when you sat down. No matter how many times we tried telling her it takes a few minutes- she didn't believe it. Luckily the video started as scheduled and all was right in the world again.

035.jpg

Short drive and we arrived

037.jpg

Let the magic begin!!!! :banana::banana::banana:

I'm sorry if I missed it in the PTR but do you make her adorable bows too? They are so cute! :goodvibes

I'm glad Aisling got a little nap on the plane. :thumbsup2

I love her traveling outfit, so very cute. :cutie:

Thank you! It was not my finest work...Don't know what I was thinking that I could applique jeans! Thank GOD it was warm on the 22nd too! As you know, we had SNOW the Sunday before we left! All I kept thinking about was that I had made her capris and a short sleeve shirt to travel in!

I love this! Subscribing! My mom and dad surprised me for our first trip. It was at Christmas and I was so excited!

I love this! Subscribing! My mom and dad surprised me for our first trip. It was at Christmas and I was so excited!

Very cute traveling outfit!

:welcome: Thank you for joining in the fun!!! I should have mentioned that we did spend a lot of the drive up there reminding her that this was a one time only deal! Next time she has to go to a physical...it's really a physical!

I am loving the report so far. Can't wait to read more. I need to work on the Laundry from our trip. . .:laundy:

What a great surprise! I, too, am lovin' the traveling outfit and bows.

i love that last pic of Aisling looking out the window! im def subscribing, cant wait to read more :goodvibes

:welcome: all! Thanks everyone for reading!!!! The pics will get a little better quality I promise! I ended up with a migraine the night before we left and I had to turn my camera on automatic when I realized all my pics were coming out super blurry!!! (I get visual disturbances with migraines) They looked ok to met at the time :rolleyes1

I can't believe I'm on the third page. :sad2:

I knew I should have ignored my family with their silly pleas to get me off the computer and spend some quality time with them.

That video made me smile the whole way through. What a cutie!!!

"I want to keep it, because it's special" sooooo sweet!

Great start so far! I would love to surprise my girls with a trip to Disney one day but I think my love for Disney and planning things, I want to share the planning with them!

However I did manage to surprise my oldest daughter with dinner with Cinderella at the GF....she was thrilled!

I can't believe I'm on the third page. :sad2:

I knew I should have ignored my family with their silly pleas to get me off the computer and spend some quality time with them.

That's what you get for being a "mommy" ;)

That video made me smile the whole way through. What a cutie!!!

"I want to keep it, because it's special" sooooo sweet!

Thank you! Love your comment on YouTube!!!

Great start so far! I would love to surprise my girls with a trip to Disney one day but I think my love for Disney and planning things, I want to share the planning with them!

However I did manage to surprise my oldest daughter with dinner with Cinderella at the GF....she was thrilled!

:welcome:

I did enjoy the surprise but I don't know that I would do it again. While it makes for a cute video the fallout isn't all it's cracked up to be. But more on that later ;)

I am so glad that she loved zero puppy! We love watching the video. Now my kids wonder why Tink doesn't bring them all that stuff- I said "because you are BOYS!" Then they said, "well, I guess Peter could do it. . .". UGH!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter