Tink Got Me My Very Own Sharpies!- A Surprise Bday TR (3/8 Final Thoughts)

How great that you got your requested building! I haven't decided if I want to try online check in or not. I've requested lakeside 60's, 4th floor. Hope we get it.

So sorry that Randy got sick-sounds like he bounced back quickly!

LOVE that dress! Love that Randy was proud that a man made it.;) Aisling looked so adorable in it!

Puking at Disney! Ewww! So glad that he was able to join you tho at CM. That would have not been a great start to this trip!

That dress is just darling! I want to learn how to sew! :goodvibes

So sorry DH got sick! It does sound like he felt better afterwards, and you all enjoyed your dinner at Chef Mickey's. Your daughter is adorable in that Minnie outfit!

I'm here! :wave2:

I am finally DISing again after our trip! Love all of the updates so far! Sorry to hear Randy got sick but looks like a great first day otherwise! Jordan wanted to know why the movie on DME took so long to start too. Love both outfits of course! Good for Ash tracking down Minnie for that autograph!

That was one great update! Well worth the wait.

I am so sorry Randy had a "moment". I would have been mortified and probably would have started puking right there with him. :rotfl2:

Aisling looks adorable. I especially like the picture of her through the wire Mickey thing at Chef Mickey's.

Thank you! I was very mortified. I thought FOR SURE that I was going to end up in Mickey jail ;)

That's so great you got the building you requested!

Aw..poor DH! It's no fun being sick at WDW. :sick: But, I'm glad he was able to continue!

I love that you ate at Chef Mickey's your first meal. We always do this every trip! I LOVE swinging my napkin and singing along with the song. :laughing:

Aw, Aisling was so cute to go tell the CM that Minnie didn't sign her book. So glad that she was able to get it then!

Aisling is pretty bold about things like that! So not my kid ;)

Chef Mickey's was a great way to kick off the trip. We knew that we didn't have time to hit up a park that night but it gave us a good dose of Mickey!

AWESOME update! Glad your hubby got to feeling better!

Me too!!!! He was actually fine for the rest of the week and then got sick again on Halloween :confused:

Let me think...

Okay, I am remembering now! I stopped to read with Dallas in the middle. I am so glad you got that picture at chef mickey's with the words make a wish! I tried 3x and every time the same kid stood up in my way! I just liked the picture! so I'll be stealing it from you!

I also love the one of Aisling through the mickey head. That dress is as gorgeous on Ash as it was on Leighanna! And I love the pictures with Minnie!

Glad Randy got to feeling better!

I finally joined the cool camera club! So far I am loving it and can't wait to try it out at Disney (minus I don't want to carry it around).

I didn't know that you got a new toy?!?! Damn my stupid cord! What did you get?

Steal away on the pics!

poor dh and you guys for having to watch that :rolleyes1
hope he was really on the mend and the rest of the trip is :sick: free

Not to ruin the TR but everyone was just fine for the rest of the time!

Aww...that's too bad your DH got sick, but at least it looks like it didn't last very long.

I was chuckling when I read about Aisling going to get her autograph from Minnie! Good for her!

Thanks for the great update. Love all the pictures.

Thank you! Sorry again that they are blurry. I promise that I will eventually get to some good ones!

How great that you got your requested building! I haven't decided if I want to try online check in or not. I've requested lakeside 60's, 4th floor. Hope we get it.

So sorry that Randy got sick-sounds like he bounced back quickly!

LOVE that dress! Love that Randy was proud that a man made it.;) Aisling looked so adorable in it!

Definitely do the online check in...it was super easy. I forgot to put in the update that I had to wait in the concierge line afterwards to get Randy and Aisling's tickets since I have an AP and it stunk waiting in that line after breezing through check in!

Puking at Disney! Ewww! So glad that he was able to join you tho at CM. That would have not been a great start to this trip!

That dress is just darling! I want to learn how to sew! :goodvibes

It was soooo gross! :sick:

So sorry DH got sick! It does sound like he felt better afterwards, and you all enjoyed your dinner at Chef Mickey's. Your daughter is adorable in that Minnie outfit!

Thank you very much! It was a good dinner!

I'm here! :wave2:

I am finally DISing again after our trip! Love all of the updates so far! Sorry to hear Randy got sick but looks like a great first day otherwise! Jordan wanted to know why the movie on DME took so long to start too. Love both outfits of course! Good for Ash tracking down Minnie for that autograph!

Glad you are back with us :thumbsup2

Good news...my cord is due to be delivered TODAY so I should be able to use my laptop again :woohoo::yay::woohoo::yay::woohoo::yay: I feel like I'm missing an arm not having computer access except at work ;)

I'm sorry that your hubby wasn't feeling well. I totally get your frame of mind when he was puking though. My husband started passing a kidney stone while at Disney World several years ago. Puking in bushes is something he did too. Yuck!

So glad that your daughter was able to get Minnie's autograph. Smart little girl to tell a castmember.:thumbsup2

I'm sorry that your hubby wasn't feeling well. I totally get your frame of mind when he was puking though. My husband started passing a kidney stone while at Disney World several years ago. Puking in bushes is something he did too. Yuck!

So glad that your daughter was able to get Minnie's autograph. Smart little girl to tell a castmember.:thumbsup2

A kidney stone??? Oh the poor thing!!! That must have been awful.

A kidney stone??? Oh the poor thing!!! That must have been awful.

It was pretty bad. He had had kidney stones once before and we were told to try to save them. Without getting into too many details, let me just say that the automatic flushing urinals at Disney are faster than my husband's hand-to-urinal reflexes.:rotfl2:

Ash looked so cute in that dress! So glad that Minnie was able to sign her book! Soory DH was ill at the start! Yikes! Glad to hear that he started to feel better!

It was pretty bad. He had had kidney stones once before and we were told to try to save them. Without getting into too many details, let me just say that the automatic flushing urinals at Disney are faster than my husband's hand-to-urinal reflexes.:rotfl2:

:rotfl2::lmao::rotfl::rotfl2::lmao::rotfl:

Ash looked so cute in that dress! So glad that Minnie was able to sign her book! Soory DH was ill at the start! Yikes! Glad to hear that he started to feel better!

Thanks again Tom! She loved the dress and since it was little big...it will hopefully fit for our next trip too :thumbsup2 She also has all kinds of things planned to use the underdress for :rolleyes1

Hi Kristine...I am loving your trip report so far! Poor dh! I hate puking but if you feel better afterwards maybe its ok to just get it over with...what a trooper! What a great time at Chef Mickey's and I loved the dress too! How great that Aisling took matters into her own hands and got her Minnie autograph...I love that about her...what a precious young lady..you can tell she is so happy to be in Disney!!! :goodvibes

Your poor hubbie, glad he was well enough to eat though!

Aisling looks so cute in her Minnie dress and looked as though she had tons of fun twirling her napkin :goodvibes

Love the update and the pics. Sorry about hubby getting sick, he was just so excited to get to WDW he just couldn't contain himself !!! Glad he started feeling better. That is always a fear of mine on vacation that someone would get sick and need to rest and sleep the week away. Your DD is so cute, and she looks adorable in the Minnie dress. What a sweetie !!
Looking forward to the next update. :thumbsup2

Hi Kristine...I am loving your trip report so far! Poor dh! I hate puking but if you feel better afterwards maybe its ok to just get it over with...what a trooper! What a great time at Chef Mickey's and I loved the dress too! How great that Aisling took matters into her own hands and got her Minnie autograph...I love that about her...what a precious young lady..you can tell she is so happy to be in Disney!!! :goodvibes

Yup, she's definitely not my kid....I still wouldn't have complained about Minnie not signing my book...at 32!!!

Your poor hubbie, glad he was well enough to eat though!

Aisling looks so cute in her Minnie dress and looked as though she had tons of fun twirling her napkin :goodvibes

Thank you! Chef Mickey's is a great way to kick off a trip!

Love the update and the pics. Sorry about hubby getting sick, he was just so excited to get to WDW he just couldn't contain himself !!! Glad he started feeling better. That is always a fear of mine on vacation that someone would get sick and need to rest and sleep the week away. Your DD is so cute, and she looks adorable in the Minnie dress. What a sweetie !!
Looking forward to the next update. :thumbsup2

It was my fear too! Especially if it was him that had to stay in the room. He was disappointed that we stayed at POP so my arguement about "never being in the room" would have pushed him over the edge if he was stuck in the room all week!

Sorry Randy got sick. That stinks! Looks like a fun time though. Aisling looked adorable in her customs. I love that she tracked Minnie down. At character meals, we generally all run to get food at the same time. We will wait if a character is pretty close, but usually they are not.

Sorry I've been terrible at updating lately. We've had an insane week and an even busier weekend coming up....we have a new arrival coming on Sat (but more on that later).

Anyway...I last left you with DH's improving health and three weary travelers heading to bed. We had plans for the morning and needed a good night sleep to accomplish them. But first...Aisling needed to swim. So while I unpacked and prepared for our first park day, Randy took Aisling for a dip in the Hippy Dippy Pool.

The next morning I got up bright and early thinking...why did I want to be at rope drop???? :confused3 Oh right...I wanted to actually get on TSM this time! (Never made it on once in February)

So I dragged my butt to the bathroom and got ready. When I came out, Aisling and Randy were laying in the dark giggling about something. YAY!!! I didn't need to drag them out of bed. :yay: Everyone else got ready in record time and we headed down to breakfast at 7:30am.

It was empty at breakfast...which was really thrilling. I was hoping it was a good indicator of the attendance level of the parks (it really wasn't ;)). Aisling did some dancing while spending FOREVER deciding what to she wanted to eat (we don't typically have a hot breakfast at the hotel but we knew were were going to have extra CS credits so we decided to eat breakfast two days)

088.jpg

We finally got all our breakfast together and sat down to eat.

091.jpg

Randy went to get drinks and he was ROBBED!

093.jpg

(his yummy bacon- all gone! :lmao:)

After clearing up, we started to head out to the bus. Aisling had brought her trading pins with her. She has never traded before so during breakfast we tried to explain the rules. She quickly got the one that CMs *have* to trade with her. So she stopped the first one she saw!

099.jpg

I had planned to be out at the bus stop no later than 8:15am and WE WERE!!!! OMG! We are going to do it! We are finally going to make rope drop as a family!!!!!! :yay::yay::yay:

To be continued :rolleyes1

Love the update, interested to find out about the new arrival coming !! Don't keep us hanging to long !! Aisling is like my Maddie, turn your back on bacon, and it will disappear !!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter