Tink Got Me My Very Own Sharpies!- A Surprise Bday TR (3/8 Final Thoughts)

I am joining in for all the fun! Great start! Can't wait to read more! Ainsley is a cutie patootie! :flower3:

I am so glad that she loved zero puppy! We love watching the video. Now my kids wonder why Tink doesn't bring them all that stuff- I said "because you are BOYS!" Then they said, "well, I guess Peter could do it. . .". UGH!

Peter COULD do it! Of Terrance...the new boy fairy

I am joining in for all the fun! Great start! Can't wait to read more! Ainsley is a cutie patootie! :flower3:

Thank you...and :welcome:

Enjoying your trip report! Can't wait to read more!

Thank you! Hoping to get more up tomorrow!

Hi All!!! I apologize for not getting an update up over the weekend. My laptop (with all my pics) broke. Well not the laptop...the adapter cord literally fizzled out. So I had to order a new one from Amazon. It won't be here until Friday. I have pics for the next update loaded into Photobucket so but didn't want to post an update last night and then have a week between updates. So I'm keeping ya hanging for a day or two ;)

Hi All!!! I apologize for not getting an update up over the weekend. My laptop (with all my pics) broke. Well not the laptop...the adapter cord literally fizzled out. So I had to order a new one from Amazon. It won't be here until Friday. I have pics for the next update loaded into Photobucket so but didn't want to post an update last night and then have a week between updates. So I'm keeping ya hanging for a day or two ;)

Sigh. I guess we can forgive you for your broken adapter cord. :laughing:

I'll still be here when you get your computer problems solved.

And sometimes they get overly excited like little kids…and that excitement gets the best of them. But more on that later!!!!

When I last left you, we had arrived at POP Century. I had checked-in online so check is was extremely quick. Aisling spent the whole time gabbing to those CMs who have the laptops on wheels at POP (no clue what those people actually do for a living other than gab to people checking in and wheel around a laptop but they sure are friendly :thumbsup2).

We got our documents and were assigned to the “Playdoh” building I had requested (shocking!!!).

039.jpg

Aisling wanted to immediately go swimming but there wasn’t much time. By the time we got the room and organized our carry on stuff, it was almost time to head out to dinner. So we got changed and decided to head out….

038.jpg

Oh but first I’ll add an ominous tone….while I was unpacking, Randy was lying down. I thought he was just exhausted but as we started to leave he reported that he wasn’t feeling that well. He thought it was from the plane…..hmmmm….:sick:

But hey, we had a dinner date with Mickey to kick off this birthday celebration. No time to worry about that! ;)

050.jpg

We walked out and if by magic…the MK bus immediately pulled up!!!!

041.jpg

040.jpg

Who’s excited for the first bus ride of the trip?!?!?

043.jpg

Well the bus ride started off uneventful. We hit no traffic so we were quickly to the MK. When we arrived, there was another bus in our bay. So we had to sit and wait. I looked lovingly over at my DH and he was GREEN. Not good. He whispered…if that bus doesn’t move in a second, I’m going to puke all over this bus. FABULOUS.

Finally the other bus moved and we ran off the bus. MNSSHP was going on that night so there were people streaming into the MK in droves. I started admiring the costumes and figured that DH would be fine now that we were off the bus. He wasn’t. He was gagging.

THE REST OF THIS STORY IS NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART

We got as far as the soda machines outside the MK. I suggested to DH that he sit down on the benches and rest. We sat down…and immediately DH started vomiting. Now there ARE bathrooms outside the MK gates but we didn’t know that at the time. We were thinking…we don’t have MNSSHP tickets and can’t get into the park. So DH had his protein spill in the bushes. I became CONVINCED that we were going to be immediately kicked off property for this and was horrified that someone would think he was drunk or something. So I did what any loving caring wife would do….I started yelling at him to puke SILENTLY. I instructed DD to ignore him and distracted her with Halloween costumes trying to take the crowd attention off of us.

Luckily…the beginning show for MNSSHP started RIGHT THEN so it didn’t appear to be too many people looking at him.

I took some pics in another attempt to avoid my DH…I mean provide him with privacy! ;)

044.jpg

046.jpg

GROSS PART OF THE TR IS OVER!!!!

DH proclaimed that he was feeling much better and would be able to join us for dinner (I had suggested that he go back to the hotel). Our ADR wasn’t until 7:45pm and as you can see from the pics, it was exactly 7pm. So we had some time to kill. I thought that a ride on the monorail would be nice but suggested to DH that he get off at CR and wait for us. But he again said he was all better and wanted to ride. See…he looked okay.

048.jpg

DD proclaimed at this point that she already sick of pictures (!!!!) and wanted to take an “evil” one. So here is her evil look

049.jpg

I don’t know if this was a particularly slow trip but the resort loop wasted a half hour. We got back with still 15 minutes for waste but I figured we could check in early and hope for the best. We checked in and sat on the comfy couches they have there now.

051.jpg

We didn’t get seated early but we did get called at 7:45pm on the dot so not complaints. We got seated in this room…more pixie dust!

052.jpg

DH and DD went to get their food and I waited. I got my camera and the autograph ready…I’m a character meal pro ;)

DD came back with her food. This is the only food pic I took of her dish for the entire vacation I think. Frankly, every meal was pretty much the same. Getting my child to eat on vacation is a nightmare.

053.jpg

untitled.jpg

I got up to get my food and of course, missed Donald. :headache: Scratch that “pro” comment above!

I got back just as Mickey arrived to find Randy frantically trying to figure out my camera. He was okay with missing Donald but not Mickey!!! I grabbed the camera and took over

056.jpg

057.jpg

058.jpg

Now is as good as a time as any to apologize for the quality of a lot of my character meals pictures. The ones at CMs are strictly as a result of how fast the characters were flying table to table. I never had time to try and “set up” a shot. Another issue will arise that will effect later pics but that’s another story for another update (wink).

Due to the characters flying around, Minnie stopped for pics but completely forgot to sign Aisling’s autograph book.

060.jpg

061.jpg

During the meal lots of CMs and random strangers came over to admire Aisling’s Minnie custom. Tom- I think I could have sold if off Aisling’s back!!! Randy immediately had to jump in and tell everyone that a GUY made the dress. It did make the dress that much more impressive to a lot of folks!

Up next was the napkin twirling! If it’s your bday, you get a cupcake for the napkin twirl

062.jpg

Aisling twirled so vigorously, she blew out her candle

064.jpg

066.jpg

Each of the characters went around to the kiddos who were celebrating birthdays. We lucked out…our character was Donald so I got a pic with him afterall.

063.jpg

Up next was Goofy and Aisling proudly showed him her “very first” Sharpies!

067.jpg

068.jpg

By this time, we were completely done eating. DH was feeling a lot better with food in his belly and Aisling was getting tired. But we still hadn’t seen Pluto! I was completely stuffed but since we needed to wait, I figured I should grab some desserts to sample! Dinner was pretty good. The curry chicken was fabulous and there was a new pasta dish with pesto and a white sauce mixed together that was very yummy.

070.jpg

Finally Pluto arrived and we (meaning DH and I) were ready to take off. Not so much for DD. She was TICKED that Minnie had forgotten to sign her book and marched her little but up to one of the character handlers to tell them so. The CM told her that Minnie could never forget a little girl in a special Minnie dress who is celebrating her birthday….so she took off with Aisling to track Minnie down. What is it about Disney that gives me a false sense of security that my child was “ok” walking hand in hand with a stranger????

071.jpg

072.jpg

073.jpg

Minnie mimed an apology and crisis averted! We headed back to the monorail station to catch a ride back to the MK. In retrospect, we should have walked but I was ok with a drive

074.jpg

At this point, it was 9pm….see you can see it on the clock again! But it was so strange, there were HUGE groups of people that were JUST entering MK for the party and other groups LEAVING. WHY would you spend $55/person on a party for a few hours! If you can’t commit to the whole time, save your cash folks!!!!

076.jpg

I stopped and took a pic of Randy’s soda machine area as a memento and we were off for the POP bus :rolleyes1

077.jpg

Well that is the end of day one! Randy and Aisling did some swimming when we got back. Me…I got everything ready for our first park day. WHERE will we go and WHO is going to join us? And, will we make it to our first rope drop EVER! :confused3

078.jpg

That was one great update! Well worth the wait.

I am so sorry Randy had a "moment". I would have been mortified and probably would have started puking right there with him. :rotfl2:

Aisling looks adorable. I especially like the picture of her through the wire Mickey thing at Chef Mickey's.

That's so great you got the building you requested!

Aw..poor DH! It's no fun being sick at WDW. :sick: But, I'm glad he was able to continue!

I love that you ate at Chef Mickey's your first meal. We always do this every trip! I LOVE swinging my napkin and singing along with the song. :laughing:

Aw, Aisling was so cute to go tell the CM that Minnie didn't sign her book. So glad that she was able to get it then!

Let me think...

Okay, I am remembering now! I stopped to read with Dallas in the middle. I am so glad you got that picture at chef mickey's with the words make a wish! I tried 3x and every time the same kid stood up in my way! I just liked the picture! so I'll be stealing it from you!

I also love the one of Aisling through the mickey head. That dress is as gorgeous on Ash as it was on Leighanna! And I love the pictures with Minnie!

Glad Randy got to feeling better!

I finally joined the cool camera club! So far I am loving it and can't wait to try it out at Disney (minus I don't want to carry it around).

Aww...that's too bad your DH got sick, but at least it looks like it didn't last very long.

I was chuckling when I read about Aisling going to get her autograph from Minnie! Good for her!

Thanks for the great update. Love all the pictures.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter