Tickets got poofed.

bigdisneydaddy

Fan of all things Fort wilderness
When we left Fort wilderness in March 2016 we were told by the front desk (after inquiring) that we had 3 days left on our 10 day non expiring passes that we bought back in 2012.
Prior to our trip this March, our Mydisneyexperience account showed the passes but did not have any information regarding how many day remained (it had shown it in the past), we were able to make fastpass ressies relating to these passes so we assumed the days were still left (we were not able to make FP for the kids until we actually bought their new tickets)
So on March 9th we head to Magic kingdom and get to the turnstile and are told we have zero days left on our passes/magic bands. A cast member (who seemed entirely too prepared to address the problem), appears with a tablet and scans our bands declaring that we have in fact used all 10 days and offers to show us the screen with the dates. I had no idea what dates we had used them so I had nothing to dispute their claim. Guest services tells us the same story. When asked why we were told we had days left they just said they don't know.
My problem isn't so much with disputing the numbers of days as it is with the inaccuracy of what we were told before and the fact that we were allowed to make FP on non existent days, which doesn't jive with my experiences. My son shows we have 5 days left on mine and my wifes passes when he access the info on the MDE app. Another huge fail for Disneys I.T. people. Of course Magic kingdom guest services was significantly less than sympathetic and their usual rude selves.
I had heard before this trip that Disney wanted the remaining unused, non expiring passes gone and it appears they audited their way into doing just that. This was one of several less than magical experiences during this trip.

Sorry about your experience - I would be pretty upset too. We don't have park tickets left, but dh & I do have 4 days of water parks left on our non expiring tickets from several years ago - wonder if they'll go 'poof' too!! :(

I am so sorry. I would definitely escalate it. I would be beyond pissed. Not sure if you are local or not, but if you have flights and confirmation emails in and out of MCO, that would help your claim that you weren't even in the state to use them.

I like old fashioned punch cards. No chance of an IT error. :badpc:

Still a chance for human error sadly. At our baseball stadium if you are getting off at the stadium your ticket isn't suppose to be punched on the train because they do it at the exit platform to make sure no one skipped out. With out fail every at least 4-5 times during the season a conductor punches my card on the train before I catch it. Most times the ones at the stadium believe you but one time I got an equivalent of sucks to be you.

Last edited:
I am so sorry. I would definitely escalate it. I would be beyond pissed. Not sure if you are local or not, but if you have flights and confirmation emails in and out of MCO, that would help your claim that you weren't even in the state to use them.

I am not saying I didn't use all 10 days, I have not kept records so I would have no proof anyways, my issue is with the way it was handled and the misinformation I was given. The Left hand doesn't seem to know what the Right hand is doing. If the front desk at the resort cannot give accurate ticket information to guests then I say the system is broken.
The MDE app is a joke, I have never been able to put together a vacation with my family via the MDE, it has always required a 20 min phone call to square things away even though we have all been linked together for years. When I call, no one can explain why it doesn't work. Frankly its just wasting my time at this point since it requires effort to fix. Right now, today, my son went on the app and he shows my ticket has 5 days left. When I go on the website it shows I have a 10 day non expiring but gives no information about days left. That's probably the biggest glaring example of my point.

I agree. I've been putting together a kind of epic trip in May with lots of people/etc, and Disney IT has been woeful for such a large company. There's really no excuse for it.

I am not saying I didn't use all 10 days, I have not kept records so I would have no proof anyways, my issue is with the way it was handled and the misinformation I was given. The Left hand doesn't seem to know what the Right hand is doing. If the front desk at the resort cannot give accurate ticket information to guests then I say the system is broken.
The MDE app is a joke, I have never been able to put together a vacation with my family via the MDE, it has always required a 20 min phone call to square things away even though we have all been linked together for years. When I call, no one can explain why it doesn't work. Frankly its just wasting my time at this point since it requires effort to fix. Right now, today, my son went on the app and he shows my ticket has 5 days left. When I go on the website it shows I have a 10 day non expiring but gives no information about days left. That's probably the biggest glaring example of my point.

The issue is the system was made when these tickets were being ditched. So MDE will never be accurate to non-expiring tickets. The biggest reason being it isn't coded for the language of that ticket. You were given bad information at the fort but Disney was able to provide you with a list of when and how you used the tickets.

Yes it sucks that the Fort was wrong but you go off to call CMs rude and unsympathetic when they gave you the information to show what was up. If anything it is the resorts fault. They really need to train them to say this is what my system is showing but the accurate tracking has to cone from guest relations.

The issue is the system was made when these tickets were being ditched. So MDE will never be accurate to non-expiring tickets. The biggest reason being it isn't coded for the language of that ticket. You were given bad information at the fort but Disney was able to provide you with a list of when and how you used the tickets.

Yes it sucks that the Fort was wrong but you go off to call CMs rude and unsympathetic when they gave you the information to show what was up. If anything it is the resorts fault. They really need to train them to say this is what my system is showing but the accurate tracking has to cone from guest relations.

I said that Guest relations WAS rude and unsympathetic because that's exactly what they were. Yes they did show me the dates but I was certainly in no position to dispute any of their data. It seems more the rule than the exception lately that the Front desk cannot get reliable info on anything other than that resorts info.
At guest services, the ladies attitude was more Walmart than Disney, I don't pay the big bucks to go to Disney to be treated as though I am a nuisance when all I am trying to do is find out why $600 worth of tickets just disappeared.

Disney used to be a company that actually acted like they wanted my money, my experience lately has been less than magical. Maybe Disney and I need a break.

I would still take their list of dates and compare to your memory, pics, work calendar etc. You would probably know approx when you were there are any of the dates not around the trips?

I would still take their list of dates and compare to your memory, pics, work calendar etc. You would probably know approx when you were there are any of the dates not around the trips?
Dated pictures of you in the parks, Facebook may have dated pictures if you use FB.

I don't think MyDisneyExperience handles old non expiring tickets properly. I used the last park day on an old ticket in 2014 (though it still has 2 water park days) but MDX shows me as still having a park ticket. Luckily I know it isn't really available so I won't be disappointed.

I used to use sharpie to mark days left on old paper tickets....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!