True but will they need to offer ticket discounts if the 50th Anni and pent up demand brings in the crowds. Or at some point they could raise ticket prices making it more expensive to bridge the gap between costs.

And hard to say when parks like HS will fill reservations... less than 1 month out or many? Will depend on capacity increases and attendance. Keep an eye on that situation.

You also risk waiting and finding out that the park is booked. I think Disney tries to be a PITA. :)

We have 8 day park hopper tickets and have already made park reservations. I definitely do not want to lose those reservations. We will be flying in much earlier on our first day now and could possibly add a 9th day of parks. If I upgrade the tickets online will I lose my park reservations?

Not a huge deal if we add the day, so I am not willing to risk possibly losing my reservations if that's the case. Thanks in advance!

We have 8 day park hopper tickets and have already made park reservations. I definitely do not want to lose those reservations. We will be flying in much earlier on our first day now and could possibly add a 9th day of parks. If I upgrade the tickets online will I lose my park reservations?

Not a huge deal if we add the day, so I am not willing to risk possibly losing my reservations if that's the case. Thanks in advance!
No, you won’t lose your park passes if you upgrade your tickets to add more.

My 11/1/2020 tickets were extended to 9/26 but my vacation moved 1 full year so I need to 'upgrade' at a cost of nearly $80 a ticket? If the the date is the same and Disney didn't raise prices, how exactly are they justifying $80 per ticket?? And, no DVC ticket discount for that time period... Blah. Such a love/hate relationship.

EDIT: Per WDW Tickets, my 1/30/2020 purchase is subject to an increase in 2/2020 and then an increase for 2021 tickets. I don't see this in the ticket history on every search I do.

Last edited:
My 11/1/2020 tickets were extended to 9/26 but my vacation moved 1 full year so I need to 'upgrade' at a cost of nearly $80 a ticket? If the the date is the same and Disney didn't raise prices, how exactly are they justifying $80 per ticket?? And, no DVC ticket discount for that time period... Blah. Such a love/hate relationship.

EDIT: Per WDW Tickets, my 1/30/2020 purchase is subject to an increase in 2/2020 and then an increase for 2021 tickets. I don't see this in the ticket history on every search I do.
Call again. Carefully explain and "ask nicely."

If no positive result...

If no positive result...

I got 50 percent off for an increase of 40 per 6 day so 120. Should I decline? It’s bs. They’re wasn’t an increase. She is saying there was

I got 50 percent off for an increase of 40 per 6 day so 120. Should I decline? It’s bs. They’re wasn’t an increase. She is saying there was
Always, if you are not happy...

Can someone help with my friends tickets? She bought online and is staying off site. She doesn’t want to waste time swapping out for the cards at the TTC tomorrow morning. What else can she do? Ticketing told her she could go to DS and deal with it. Why is this so hard all of a sudden? She doesn’t have magic bands. Thanks!

I recall one could buy a ticket and assign it to a dummy account for future usage. Can one still do that? If I buy a ticket from disney.com for daughter's friend, i see it says nontranferrable. If I'm not sure he is going, can i make the ticket for "buzz lightyear" to make park reservations in MDE, so that we can use the value of the ticket in the future if he can't go? If so, how does he show ID at the gate (for buzz) if he doesn't have a MB?

Can someone help with my friends tickets? She bought online and is staying off site. She doesn’t want to waste time swapping out for the cards at the TTC tomorrow morning. What else can she do? Ticketing told her she could go to DS and deal with it. Why is this so hard all of a sudden? She doesn’t have magic bands. Thanks!
She can just go directly to any park entrance gate and she will be issued her ticket card just before she goes through the gate.
She should have her ID and her ticket info (on a phone will be fine) to show at the park gate.

Last edited:
I recall one could buy a ticket and assign it to a dummy account for future usage.
1. Can one still do that?
If I buy a ticket from disney.com for daughter's friend,
2. i see it says nontranferrable.
If I'm not sure he is going,
3. can i make the ticket for "buzz lightyear" to make park reservations in MDE,
4. so that we can use the value of the ticket in the future if he can't go?
5. If so, how does he show ID at the gate (for buzz) if he doesn't have a MB?
1. Yes.
2. Ignore that. It does not apply to what you want to do.
3. Park reservations are not tied directly to any ticket... they are tied to a specific "guest."
4. However... yes to that question.
5. Guests do not need to show ID to enter a park with a ticket.
But, I'd have the main person in the MDX account pick up all of the plastic tickets at a Guest Relations before heading to the first park gate.
( I'd pick a fictitious name like "Pat Smith" if you intend to have an unknown person use that ticket under that name.)

Last edited:
Is the park entrance gate at MK different than the TTC?
Yes.
TTC (#3 below) is at the MK parking lot which is
fully across the lake (Seven Seas Lagoon) from the MK (#1 below.)

MK-Area-2Lakes-5Resorts.jpg

Can someone help with my friends tickets? She bought online and is staying off site...
Why is this so hard all of a sudden?
I want to comment on this.
Getting ticket cards has not gotten hard "all of a sudden."

For many years, off-site guests who bought tickets on-line or via the phone (and did not have the actual tickets mailed in advance) have always had to pick up their ticket cards at WDW.

This involved making a trip to any Guest Relations or any ticket booth at WDW.

But-
Within the past couple of years guests have been able to do the "get a ticket card at the gate" procedure I described in my previous post.
So the procedure has actually gotten much easier "all of a sudden."

can i make the ticket for "buzz lightyear" to make park reservations in MDE, so that we can use the value of the ticket in the future if he can't go? If so, how does he show ID at the gate (for buzz) if he doesn't have a MB?
so, I, as the purchaser, can go the day prior and pick up a plastic card ticket (which has alrady been linked to MDE for park reservations) for Buzz lightyear and just show the CC used and confirmation email? Can I get tickets at a DVc/WDw hotel or only at Guest services?
also, can buzz enter the park the next day under buzz's reservations--meaning I don't have to switch into a real name?
And my son can be "buzz" the next year and apply the value to another ticket or AP (in his name) if buzz #1 couldn't go?

1. so, I, as the purchaser, can go the day prior and pick up a plastic card ticket (which has alrady been linked to MDE for park reservations) for Buzz lightyear and just show the CC used and confirmation email?
2. Can I get tickets at a DVc/WDw hotel or
3. only at Guest services?
4. also, can buzz enter the park the next day under buzz's reservations--meaning I don't have to switch into a real name?
5. And my son can be "buzz" the next year and apply the value to another ticket or AP (in his name) if buzz #1 couldn't go?
1. Yes.
2. You can try it at a WDW resort Concierge Desk. They may be able to issue the card, but the resort computer systems may still be "different" than the parks' computer systems.
3. Any Guest Relations or ticket booth.
4. Yes. But, really, I would not pick a "nonsense name." (Why confuse the issue?)
5. Yes. But, again, I would not pick a "nonsense name."
Why not pick a name like "Pat Smith." (That can be for a male or female "real person," without adding any confusion.)

Last edited:
I am not a regular poster, so I apologize if this question has been answered (many) times before. I read through a few pages of past threads and didn't find my exact scenario described.

We had 4-Park Magic Tickets, purchased directly through Disney, for March 21-26, 2020. The expiration date on our tickets automatically extended to Sept. 26, 2021.

For various reasons, we don't be able to travel by that date. But we have already booked a Disney resort for March 2022 (my kids' spring break).

Is there any way Disney might make an exception to their usual expiration policy? I want to be able to extend the expiration date for my exact tickets through my upcoming trip dates, so I don't have to pay 2022 prices.

Thank you for your advice and help!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter