I am sure this has been addressed in this thread so sorry for the duplicate effort. We have 4 day, park hopper, non expiring tickets from 2005 with a couple days left on them. Last year, we took them to GR at Disney Springs and they traded the old cards in for new ones. I have them linked to MDE and can see we have 2 days left. I called Disney tonight to see if we could add a couple days to them and they said it was not possible since they do not offer that type of ticket anymore. Does that seem accurate? Thanks.

I called Disney ticketing and spoke to a CM. I'm including a dialog of our convo here, let me know if this sounds right from your experiences...

She took my actual ticket ID number and looked up the ticket in their system. This is what she told me:

- I have to add the extra day in person at guest relations, not over the phone (I was aware of this prior to the call)

- They can tell based on my ticket ID number that the ticket we bought was a special package through a "reseller", not directly from Disney. That means that in order to add a day, we will need to pay back the discount that we got from the reseller AND pay the cost of the additional day of tickets. Math is shown below:

5 day base tickets from VisitOrlando: $1,360
5 day base tickets from WDW Direct: $1,440
Difference in cost: +$80

6 day base ticket from WDW Direct (what we want to upgrade to): $1,520

Cost for us to upgrade: $80 + $80 + tax/fees(?) = ~$200(guessing at tax and fees)

- The CM recommended that we use guest relations at Disney Springs instead of any of the parks. She said the parks charge an extra $20 processing fee that Disney Springs GR does not charge.

- The CM confirmed that it does not matter when we do the upgrade (can be done before the tickets have been used)

The only thing I am not clear on now... it looks like ticket prices are going to go up before our trip, so I do not know if we will be purchasing our extra day at the NEW ticket cost or at the cost that it was when we bought the original 5 days.

I called Disney ticketing and spoke to a CM. I'm including a dialog of our convo here, let me know if this sounds right from your experiences...

She took my actual ticket ID number and looked up the ticket in their system. This is what she told me:

- I have to add the extra day in person at guest relations, not over the phone (I was aware of this prior to the call)

- They can tell based on my ticket ID number that the ticket we bought was a special package through a "reseller", not directly from Disney. That means that in order to add a day, we will need to pay back the discount that we got from the reseller AND pay the cost of the additional day of tickets. Math is shown below:

Cost for us to upgrade: $80 + $80 + tax/fees(?) = ~$200(guessing at tax and fees)

- The CM recommended that we use guest relations at Disney Springs instead of any of the parks. She said the parks charge an extra $20 processing fee that Disney Springs GR does not charge.

- The CM confirmed that it does not matter when we do the upgrade (can be done before the tickets have been used)

The only thing I am not clear on now... it looks like ticket prices are going to go up before our trip, so I do not know if we will be purchasing our extra day at the NEW ticket cost or at the cost that it was when we bought the original 5 days.

The CM gave you wrong info about paying the difference for the discount.
And, wrong info about having to pay the extra $20 at the park windows.
But if ticket prices go up, you will have to pay more for adding a day.

Last edited:
I am sure this has been addressed in this thread so sorry for the duplicate effort. We have 4 day, park hopper, non expiring tickets from 2005 with a couple days left on them. Last year, we took them to GR at Disney Springs and they traded the old cards in for new ones. I have them linked to MDE and can see we have 2 days left. I called Disney tonight to see if we could add a couple days to them and they said it was not possible since they do not offer that type of ticket anymore. Does that seem accurate? Thanks.
You can’t upgrade a partially-used ticket at all at any time past the first 14 days after first use.

Sadly, calling “Disney” about most operational procedures is an excercise in futility.

That’s bad info.
The CM gave you wrong info about paying the difference.
And wrong about having to pay the extra $20 at the parks.

I am very confused. Why would a CM give me the wrong info over the phone? What is the correct info then?

All we are trying to do is find out how much money it would cost us to add a day (ballpark) because if it ends up over a certain amount, we won't do it.

I am very confused. Why would a CM give me the wrong info over the phone? What is the correct info then?

All we are trying to do is find out how much money it would cost us to add a day (ballpark) because if it ends up over a certain amount, we won't do it.

CMs are notorious for giving out wrong information on the phone.

Can anyone here tell me what the math would be then to figure out an added day to our ticket?

Can anyone here tell me what the math would be then to figure out an added day to our ticket?

The bolded information is all that matters - as of right now, it would cost $80 (plus tax, assuming those figures are before tax).

No one knows.

The bolded information is all that matters - as of right now, it would cost $80 (plus tax, assuming those figures are before tax).
There ls still one fly in this ointment...
The "Plus Miniature Golf Free."
Since that is not a traditional feature of a 5-day Base ticket,
we don't know exactly if or how that detail would affect the upgrade ability or price.

There ls still one fly in this ointment...
The "Plus Miniature Golf Free."
Since that is not a traditional feature of a 5-day Base ticket,
we don't know exactly if or how that detail would affect the upgrade ability or price.

That is what the CM on the phone said when she mentioned she "could tell" we bought from a reseller and not WDW Direct. In MDE my tickets are just showing as a 5 day MYW ticket. Is the question here whether we have to pay the difference in price from the reseller vs WDW direct or whether we can upgrade our tickets at all?

That is what the CM on the phone said when she mentioned she "could tell" we bought from a reseller and not WDW Direct. In MDE my tickets are just showing as a 5 day MYW ticket. Is the question here whether we have to pay the difference in price from the reseller vs WDW direct or whether we can upgrade our tickets at all?
We can toss this around forever.
You likely can do the upgrade.
But, we don't know exactly what it will cost.
And... (and this is the core of your original reason for asking)
Since we can't easily pre-determine the "correct price" for the upgrade,
you won't know if you are getting the "correct price" at the Guest Relations window
when you are at WDW.

/At this time, if never used, all new MYW tickets have an expiration date within a period of 9-24 months following purchase.
(The date of this expiration will be shown when the ticket purchased.)
However, if this ticket is never used by a guest and allowed to expire,
the purchase price of the ticket is not "lost" to the guest.
The unused and expired ticket can be turned in at WDW and its original purchase price can be applied to the purchase of a new ticket of like or greater value.

Is there any rhyme or reason to if it is 9 or 24 months? Or any way to know ahead of time? We are going in December and I am trying to decide if we should go ahead and buy the tickets now before the price increase on the 11th. If they expire in November and we have to pay the extra cost then we will wait and buy them when we book the room.

Also, some of us will be upgrading to an AP once we get there. If we buy from either UT or Disney now, will the price bridging be applied to CURRENT Disney price, or the Disney price at the time of visit? I'm assuming the former.

1. Is there any rhyme or reason to if it is 9 or 24 months? Or any way to know ahead of time? We are going in December and I am trying to decide if we should go ahead and buy the tickets now before the price increase on the 11th.

Also, some of us will be upgrading to an AP once we get there. If we buy from either UT or Disney now,
2. will the price bridging be applied to CURRENT Disney price, or the Disney price at the time of visit? I'm assuming the former.

1. All current tickets (as of this posting) expire if not first-used on or before Dec. 31, 2018.
That expiration date may likely change to (at least) Dec. 31, 2019 at some point in the very near future.
Due to confusion, I'm going to eliminate the "9-24 month" line in my sticky post.

2. You would have to pay the price for the AP at the time of the upgrade.
How much value you will get in a price-bridge at that time is, as yet, unknown.

Last edited:
1. All current tickets (as of this posting) expire if not first-used on or before Dec. 31, 2018.
That expiration date may likely change to (at least) Dec. 31, 2019 at some point in the very near future.
Due to confusion, I'm going to eliminate the "9-24 month" line in my sticky post.

2. You would have to pay the price for the AP at the time of the upgrade.
How much value you will get in a price-bridge at that time is, as yet, unknown.

Thanks.

Regarding #2 I was more concerned with which ticket price will be applied as having already been paid. Let's say a 3 day PH has 3 prices. A. Disney's price now B. Undercover Tourist price now C. Disney's price after the price increase.

Basically I'm asking if there is any advantage to buying now if I am going to upgrade when I get there anyway. If they only going to credit me with purchasing at price point A, then I will pay the difference in A and C regardless of when I purchase them.

My apologies as I bet this has been asked often, but I can't seem to find it when I search-we have historically gotten Canadian Tickets with the waterpark and more option-no park hopper. It appears those tickets are no longer-we can get the water park and more option only with park hopping. Is this specific to Canadian tickets or is this the new normal? We don't like to park hop so was trying to figure out best options for tickets now. Thanks so much

My apologies as I bet this has been asked often, but I can't seem to find it when I search-we have historically gotten Canadian Tickets with the waterpark and more option-no park hopper. It appears those tickets are no longer-we can get the water park and more option only with park hopping. Is this specific to Canadian tickets or is this the new normal? We don't like to park hop so was trying to figure out best options for tickets now. Thanks so much
Park Hopper or Park Hopper Plus (plus being water parks, etc) is what there is now for add ons.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter