Ticket Prices Going Up 2/12/17 ~ New Pricing Page 8>>>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hah! I came here directly after just purchasing our tickets for the next trip. I had planned on doing them today because I had a sneaking suspicion the cost might go up after this weekend!

And in other news, I'm now an AP holder. I...never thought I'd say that.

I haven't quite wrapped my brain around the details here, but I was considering upgrading my tickets to an AP in April but couldn't get husband to commit to another (family) trip within the calendar year...I'm thinking it would cost more now?

Has anyone seen if and how much the increase on a Platinum Pass (non Florida resident AP) will be? I am trying to decide if I should buy the AP voucher today for future use or if the money would be better spent buying two PH tickets from UCT with plans to upgrade them later to an AP on a future trip. We have AP's now so this would be just tickets or voucher for future use. What would you do?

Thanks.

I haven't quite wrapped my brain around the details here, but I was considering upgrading my tickets to an AP in April but couldn't get husband to commit to another (family) trip within the calendar year...I'm thinking it would cost more now?

Nearly certain.

Tickets are expensive but hotels are we're they really stick you imo

We just got back from WDW less than a month ago and paid about $78 a night for a "value."

Everything is too high these days, but that's less than we pay per night for a comparable room in Branson, Mo.

I wonder if the amount in KTP's post is correct for AP costs- $10 increase for Gold, $30 for Platinum? Wonder about renewals too.

When will these increases cease? My goodness we're not far removed from a $200.00 ticket to MK during peak season. I know it's a business but the prices are getting ridiculous.
Increases have always been crazy. Since the 80's (or earlier) Guests have half seriously, half joked that buying Disney tickets had a better return than any other investment.

Has anyone seen if and how much the increase on a Platinum Pass (non Florida resident AP) will be? I am trying to decide if I should buy the AP voucher today for future use or if the money would be better spent buying two PH tickets from UCT with plans to upgrade them later to an AP on a future trip. We have AP's now so this would be just tickets or voucher for future use. What would you do?

Thanks.

We have APs, and each year as our renewal date approaches we look at what trips we have planned or envisioned to see whether renewing an AP now would be beneficial in terms of reducing cash outlay for the tickets needed for each trip (e.g. will cost of two 7-day hoppers for the two trips I plan to take during a given 12-month period be more or less than cost of an AP for the same 12 months?). I would also take into account the fact that a renewal costs less than buying a new AP. However, if the dates the renewal would cover don't include the dates of the trips I expect to take, then waiting to buy a new AP or even just buying separate tickets for each trip might be better.

We just got back from WDW less than a month ago and paid about $78 a night for a "value."

Everything is too high these days, but that's less than we pay per night for a comparable room in Branson, Mo.
That's because you, and people here, know the game. Most people I know have no idea how they can save money when going to Disney and fall for the rack rates which are completely outrageous imo.
People are shocked when they learn how to save on a Disney trip.

Increases have always been crazy. Since the 80's (or earlier) Guests have half seriously, half joked that buying Disney tickets had a better return than any other investment.
And Disney has finally put a stop to that if these new prices and expiration dates are correct.

So if you buy a 4 day pass today, will that be the 14 day expiry from the day it's used, but it could be used at any time? What about those tickets people bought when MGM or AK were opening at special prices and maybe they got lost in the back of a closet. Can those still be used at any time? Not asking for any special reason, but as it happens, my closet could use a good cleaning out... :rolleyes1

1. So if you buy a 4 day pass today, will that be the 14 day expiry from the day it's used, but it could be used at any time? 2. What about those tickets people bought when MGM or AK were opening at special prices and maybe they got lost in the back of a closet. Can those still be used at any time? . :rolleyes1

1. Yes.
2. They can be used for admission at any of the 4 WDW theme parks.
As I recall back then, there were no tickets sold "specifically only to" any of those parks, anyway.

Please let me know if I have this correct:
1. If I buy tickets today from a reseller, then my unused tickets will not expire and I can use them any time between now and forever?
2. If I buy ticket tomorrow (and assume the rumors are correct) and do not use it, it will expire in less than 2 years?

Please let me know if I have this correct:
1. If I buy tickets today from a reseller, then my unused tickets will not expire and I can use them any time between now and forever?
2. If I buy ticket tomorrow (and assume the rumors are correct) and do not use it, it will expire in less than 2 years?

1. Yup.
2. Yup.
BUT... your MONEY will NOT BE LOST if you happen to let your tickets expire.
What you paid for those tickets will be given to you when you finally buy NEW tickets.
(If there has been no price increase in the mean time, you won't pay any more for the "replacement" tickets.)

I will be interested in the renewal rates as well. I just renewed mine, so it doesn't expire until December. I'm hoping I don't have to drop down to Gold . . .

Robo
I have 8 two day hoppers on a free dining package for Auguast that I booked last September.
We are all passholders.
My understanding was that when I check in all I need to do is switch those to other people so I can save them for later use or upgrade.
Will those tickets now have expiration dates ???

Robo
I have 8 two day hoppers on a free dining package for Auguast that I booked last September.
We are all passholders.
1. My understanding was that when I check in all I need to do is switch those to other people so I can save them for later use or upgrade.
2. Will those tickets now have expiration dates ???

1. Yup.
2. Likely.
BUT... your MONEY will NOT BE LOST if you happen to let your package tickets expire.
What you (in effect) paid for those tickets (gate price) will be given to you when you finally buy NEW tickets.
(If there has been no price increase in the mean time, you won't pay any more for the "replacement" tickets.)

BUT... your MONEY will NOT BE LOST if you happen to let your tickets expire.
What you paid for those tickets will be given to you when you finally buy NEW tickets.
I realize we don't have the final details, but here's a question: If I bought a 10 day ticket tomorrow (new pricing/expiration) and don't use ANY days, how can I get my money toward a new ticket "IF" they only allow you to add days to your current ticket's unused days for the new ticket--ie, I can't add days because a 10 day ticket is the longest ticket allowed. (Yes, I'm probably overthinking, but WDW tickets are complicated enough without this new twist). Thanks Robo for your vast knowledge on this subject.

I realize we don't have the final details, but here's a question: If I bought a 10 day ticket tomorrow (new pricing/expiration) and don't use ANY days, how can I get my money toward a new ticket "IF" they only allow you to add days to your current ticket's unused days for the new ticket--ie, I can't add days because a 10 day ticket is the longest ticket allowed. (Yes, I'm probably overthinking, but WDW tickets are complicated enough without this new twist). Thanks Robo for your vast knowledge on this subject.

Nobody can add days to a 10-day ticket.
10 days is MAX.

If you were to allow a 10-day ticket expire (never used at all...)
It would still be WORTH what you paid for it, new, at such time as you were to buy a NEW "replacement" ticket when you were finally ready to make a trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter