Ticket Prices Going Up 2/12/17 ~ New Pricing Page 8>>>

Status
Not open for further replies.
mousesavers.com has just sent out a newsletter headlined with info about the ticket price increase for tomorrow (Feb. 12.)

im buying third party tickets today ... do you choose to have them mailed or eticket? we will have magicbands.. thanks for any advice!

im buying third party tickets today ... do you choose to have them mailed or eticket? we will have magicbands.. thanks for any advice!

etickets will get the info to you faster for input to your MyDisneyExperience account.
(Some need to book FP+ sooner.)
No need for actual hard tickets.

FWIW - which isn't much since we don't even have a trip scheduled.

I used official ticket center - link from Touring Plans
3 adults
2 kids
4 day with 5th day free
total was 1659

40 bucks less than mousesavers link to UT.

I also used official ticket center last year as well.

Last edited:
If I purchase a 5-day hopper from undercovertourist today (2/11/17) and use it for the first time on 4/24/17, then upgrade it to an AP on 2/25/17, will the AP expire 2/11/18 or 4/24/18?

If I purchase a 5-day hopper from undercovertourist today (2/11/17) and use it for the first time on 4/24/17, then upgrade it to an AP on 2/25/17, will the AP expire 2/11/18 or 4/24/18?

AP upgrades expire on the date that the original ticket was first used.
That's what makes it an UPGRADE of the original ticket.

In your example, the AP anniversary date would be 4/24/18.

If someone has time, I would love to have the link used in the latest mousesavers newsletter. I just checked and I haven't seen a newsletter or hot deals announcement since December.

Today.

And (unless you are REQUIRED to buy tickets as part of a resort package,) buy from a ticket reseller (Undercovertourist.com, or Parksavers.com, or Mapleleaftickets.com, or...) not from Disney.
why buy from a reseller? I need 4-5 day base tickets but it seems to only be a few dollars cheaper than direct from Disney and I want to use my Disney rewards. Since we do not know the price pf multi-day tickets yet should I buy the tickets today?

FWIW - which isn't much since we don't even have a trip scheduled.

I used official ticket center - link from Touring Plans
3 adults
2 kids
4 day with 5th day free
total was 1659

40 bucks less than mousesavers link to UT.

I also used official ticket center last year as well.
I have been telling people this for a while, few listen and end up paying more
OTC and UT both are great but why pay more???

why buy from a reseller? I need 4-5 day base tickets but it seems to only be a few dollars cheaper than direct from Disney and I want to use my Disney rewards. Since we do not know the price pf multi-day tickets yet should I buy the tickets today?
Are you taking into account tax and shipping?
It should be more then a few dollars

Tickets purchased from a reseller can be PRICE-BRIDGED if the guest decides he needs to UPGRADE
a ticket.
Stand-alone tickets bought from Disney will not be price-bridged.

But, if you have a specific REASON you want to buy from Disney, by all means...

I have been telling people this for a while, few listen and end up paying more
OTC and UT both are great but why pay more???

It depends on WHEN you buy, and what tickets that you need.
The deals change at the various reseller sites.

Free enterprise and competition at work.

When will these increases cease? My goodness we're not far removed from a $200.00 ticket to MK during peak season. I know it's a business but the prices are getting ridiculous.

When will these increases cease? My goodness we're not far removed from a $200.00 ticket to MK during peak season. I know it's a business but the prices are getting ridiculous.

IMO, we are VERY far removed from a $200 ticket to MK.

(But, I don't LIKE any increase, that's for sure.)

Tickets purchased from a reseller can be PRICE-BRIDGED if the guest decides he needs to UPGRADE
a ticket.
Stand-alone tickets bought from Disney will not be price-bridged.

But, if you have a specific REASON you want to buy from Disney, by all means...
that makes sense.

Tickets are expensive but hotels are we're they really stick you imo

I guess my buying tickets ahead of time and putting them away until I have my next trip planned will no longer be worthwhile. I have watched price increases happen, knowing that I have avoided them by getting mine early. This new policy puts an end to that. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter