Three Things...Gratitude Thread

Balloons...

I have very happy memories from childhood of playing with balloons. We played 'keep the balloon off the floor' in a dark room (don't worry no breakables in there! :rotfl:); had balloon bursting relays at birthday parties and Brownies; and there was something special about lying in bed with a helium balloon, from a local fair, right above me. ...Simple pleasures! 🎈

Balloons - even just a single helium balloon - really add something to a special occasion.

I love the classic image of a balloon seller on Main Street. Main Street is one of the most sentimental places in the whole of WDW, imho.

📌And I'll add bulletin boards. I have a couple of cork ones (a big one in the kitchen with misc. stuff, a small one in the hall with masks) and a diamond-shaped magnetic one by the TV in the family room - with channel listings, movies I want to see, etc.
:love::love::love:
My second is water balloons, and "mom memories". One year, the other neighborhood moms and I blew up a ton of water balloons on the last day of school (think, Rubbermaid totes full) and had them waiting at the bus stop. We took the kids' backpacks after they got off and just let them have at it as a great big kick-off to summer vacation. They had a blast!
Can't beat a water fight! :jumping3::jumping3:

🎈are indeed a simple way to bring a smile to all ages! :) Memory of my dad taking my picture holding a bundle of balloons at Disneyland. We don't have the picture anymore but it was sure nice of the CM to let us do that. God willing, the next time we get to DL, maybe next year, we will have to remember to try and do that again.

I wouldn't care to take a ride in a hot air balloon, no thanks. They are pretty to see. There was a Touched by an Angel Episode that featured a hot air balloon ride of a young child and I believe Della Reese.

My friend Nancy has always liked hot air balloons. A few years ago pre pandemic, it brought me joy to find her a hot air ballon picture with Scripture at Dollar Tree.

I'm not very parade patient at all. Grandma LOVED The Rose Parade although we never went to one. I do associate balloons with that parade for sure and as such also with my beloved grandma.

My friend Connie lives in a small town in IL that every summer has a parade of different balloon creations. I would enjoy seeing something like that. Glad always Connie and her family can enjoy this festival.

Monday, 6/5 - 3 things you're grateful for when you think of balloons
  1. When I was a kid my mom would be driving me to school and we would get to see the hot air balloons in the sky, it's a memory we both cherish
  2. Balloons are always a part of the decor for my kids birthdays
  3. Grateful for the smile on my kids faces when we'd go to a pizza restaurant by our house when they were younger and would ask for the party balloon staff member to make them a sword or dog out of balloons

That song made me think of the show Scrubs - they did that song once with them dancing in a room full of balloons - probably not completely appropriate so I won’t post the video as parts of it are a bit not child proof let’s say ( not nasty just not family safe content wholesome )

3 things you're grateful for when you think of balloons
1. Mylar balloon, especially when brightening up a hospital room... I'm not sure anyone should be allowed to leave the hospital without one, no matter your age! :)
2. Hot air balloons. There used to be some that we'd see from our yard on a fairly regular basis. I haven't seen one from my yard for years.
3. Water balloons

This was actually an.... interesting topic for me, because I have a slight fear of "regular" air-filled balloons. I'm not sure it quite goes to phobia level. Then again, a phobia is an irrational fear, and fearing a balloon is irrational, so... yeah. Like I don't run away at the sight of one, but will back away from it. And do NOT fill my office with balloons, and those pictures of rooms completely filled with balloons make me involuntarily shudder. It's the popping.

DH took our DSs on a hot air balloon ride in CA, and they had a good time. I didn’t miss the experience at all. The story goes as they land in the desert, initially the heat from the balloon attracts snakes. Eventually the heat causes them to scatter, but the way DH tells it, it was scary to see them come toward the area they were landing in.

The hot air balloon scene in the movie in the France Pavilion is beautiful.

I enjoy watching magicians/performers make balloon animals.

SC…Hilton Head, a place we found out about pretty late in life, but we enjoy it now at least once a year!

Scouting, I enjoyed it as a girl, and as a leader for my sons. It enriched all of us, and helped us grow up.

Skating, skiing, these were the winter sports my family enjoyed. Street and indoor roller skating was fun up to my teens. I had a cousin, Bobbi, who liked it as much as I did. We were good friends.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter