Three Things...Gratitude Thread

I just clicked on this thread and I LOVE it- I'll play (and I want to go back a bit...)

6/2- Things in June
>Our 39th wedding anniversary is June 26
>My sister's (6/7 and 6/21) and brother's (also 6/21, different year) birthdays
>I'm FINALLY having my knee replacement surgery on 6/21!!
6/3- Everyday Things
>Our coffeemaker, complete with auto-grinder and start timer. Freshly ground coffee before I get out of bed!
>My Nook. My old eyes can't focus well when reading 'regular books' in bed so my Nook has been a godsend.
>My toothbrush/floss- because I HATE the dentist!
6/4- Things Hanging on the Wall- this is hard as we don't have much hanging on our walls. They are old, made of horsehair plaster and lathe, and don't hold things well.
>Regular, old fashioned clock, not digital
>Toothbrush holder, because it's gross to lay the brush down and we all know how I feel about my toothbrush (see 6/3)!
>Over-the-door Hooks (gonna have to count) because old houses are closet-challenged!
6/5- Balloons?
>The great big bunch of balloons I see as soon as I start walking down Main St, USA at the Magic Kingdom!
>Our wedding reception hall was too big so we rented a helium tank and filled 300 balloons to take up space. They were festive, and the nieces/nephews loved them!
>Balloon figures- always made DD laugh when she was little!
6/6- SC or SK
>Science- DH and I are both scientists. Science makes everyday living possible and better, and it pays the bills around here!
>Screened windows- keeps the mosquitos out!
>skylines- I'm a city mouse at heart!

Welcome indeed, Leebee :grouphug:

As a kid, I enjoyed playing Skee-Ball

Scrabble for sure! Grandma especially enjoyed watching the old game show with Chuck Woolery, we both did. Dad plays our Scrabble computer game almost daily. I definitely grew up often playing the board game. We have a new Scrabble set that this reminds me we should use!

Scattegories can be a fun game, too.

When I think of SC, :santa:comes to mind! :)

- Skiing, water and snow. Grew up water skiing on lakes with my family. So many fun memories riding around in the yellow boat, watching my aunts tear it up! Snow skiing came later in my life. DH is obsessed, and the kids have followed suit. Once again, many fun family memories made on ski trips.

- School! It’s almost out, but grateful the kids have a wonderful local school. Grateful for all of the teachers that held it together during covid and came back stronger. We are lucky!

- Scarf, a must have accessory! Especially in winter.

Skechers - they are one of my favorite brands of shoes right now - they seem to fit me well and have a lot of cute styles while still being reasonably priced!

Skagway - getting ready to go there this summer on a cruise, so very grateful to be able to work on planning our visit there!

Schooling - an important part of life, very grateful for the teachers who work so hard to make it good for their students!

Ice cream- especially peppermint stick and ginger!
Lime meringue pie- not key lime (ick), but made with a lime cornstarch pudding, like lemon meringue pie.
Red velvet cake- made with cooked frosting, not buttercream or cream cheese.

And also chocolate birthday cake for my sister, Sally, who turns 57 today. How did my baby sister get so old, hahaha?!

I missed yesterday! I was thinking about my answers and never made it back to post.

SC/SK Things:
1. Schools—I went to great schools and my kids did/do as well. There are certainly things to complain about at times, but overall we are incredibly blessed. I think it makes a huge difference in life.
2. Ski Lodge—we hold our family reunion every year in the summer at small ski lodge. It’s my maternal grandmother’s side of the family and this reunion has been the second Saturday in August since before I was born. We used to rotate families and it was at their house or a place they chose, but we found this place 20 or so years ago and keep going back. Large spaces for gathering, motel type rooms on site and lots of outdoor activity. My kids know third or fourth cousins a bunch of times removed in that one small branch of our family tree.
3. Skipping stones—something we do on the pond at the Ski Lodge—always fun.

Sweet Things:
1. Chocolate—specifically milk chocolate from a local place, but most chocolate is delicious.
2. Cookies—my grandma was a cookie baker—always had several different kinds that she would have when we visited or bring to us when she visited.
3. Pie—I like many different kinds and vastly prefer pie to cake unless it is chocolate cake with fudge icing (there’s that chocolate).

Chocolate……sometimes I just need some. Other 700 times, I just want it.

life savers…..something from my childhood. Now I go around at church say hello and offer a basket of wrapped lifesavers,……

carrot cake….don’t have it often, but there’s a story with it. For years, my older sister would make me one for my birthday. Hand shredding the carrots. After she died, I found her handwritten recipe. I now make my own carrot cake for my birthday. And think of her every time.

3 Sweets

1. Baskin Robbins Peanut Butter and Chocolate
2. The old Whatchamacallits before they added caramel to the recipe
3. Ding dongs in the foil wrapped that were just bigger and better
4. Strawberry cake
5. Chocolate eclair *you know the kind with Graham crackers, pudding and frosting?

Newski_mom, absolutely Skechers👟I was just reminding dad that we have a $10 Skechers Reward to use. He very much needs new sneakers. Skechers seem to fit both of our feet best. Love how light they are yet supportive and colorful, too. At least out here at Skechers Outlet (not mall or regular retail stores) shoes are always buy one, get one half off. Skechers Rewards (not a credit card just a savings/points card) credits points for each purchase leading to a Reward Certificate. Lol now we do need to get to a Skechers :)

Leebee, :bday:to your sister! Grandpa Sam, is celebrating is 106th birthday today with my grandma and Champ in Heaven. I believe he's looking down on Sally, too :)

Mumto3girls, when I enjoyed eating more decadent desserts, I loved a fudgy (milk) chocolate fudge frosting. So good. Golden Corral made the best Chocolate Chess Pie. I think you would love that. Enjoy a 🍫treat my friend. All of you in this kind thread!

Jo-Jo, I love that you handed out lifesavers at church🍬What a great idea! As a young child, I remember getting for a nickel back in the early 80's a 5 flavor tiny roll of Lifesavers for I think under a quarter. I liked the green best. Good memory :)

Other sweet things include:

Hot chocolate, of course and cookies.
Simpler syrup on 🥞

Healthy and yet so sweet Sprouts brand original 🍎sauce.

Tasty and sweet, fun thread extra today. Thank you, PollyannaMom:grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter