Three Things...Gratitude Thread

1) coffee mugs - as I grab one every morning, I think of the person who gave it to me or the trip I bought it on

2) the Rose of Sharon near my side door - DS planted it when he was little from a shoot MIL gave him from one of hers, and now it's way taller than me and holds multiple bird feeders

3) computers (desktop, iPad, phone) - because I use them to access the DIS, of course!

Happy Saturday! :wave:

#1 - I’m so grateful for our coffee maker - I love having the timer set for it to make our coffee at 4:45am every morning :surfweb:

#2 - I’m grateful for my shoes - I couldn’t imagine going through life without shoes.

#3 - I’m grateful for my iPhone - it makes life so much easier.

I am having similar thoughts of gratitude this morning.

1. Grateful for our coffee maker. We’ve been through many duds, and this one is fantastic. DH and I enjoy our quiet time with a cup before the kids come downstairs.

2. My cell phone. It keeps me connected to my family and friends and the DIS. So grateful to find this online community. I enjoy phone games, reading books, news, and social media. Hard to imagine life without it.

3. My car, and the fact that it starts every day and is still under warranty. It’s a comfy ride with cold AC, and heat works too! I enjoy listening to Sirius Radio and the Disney channel, as do DD8 and DS11.

Interesting one... Things I use or pass by daily...

Lots to appreciate.

My snug, with its old pine table right under the window looking out towards the hills.

I have a small probiotic yogurt drink first thing every morning.

I'm sure I've mentioned it before, but my meal planning white board. It's hidden on the inside of a cabinet door and makes meal planning easier --- and meal planning makes life easier! Funnily enough, I find it easier to be flexible when I have a plan, too!

A big airing cupboard.

My car.

The garden.

My digital radio.

My laptop.

I'll stop there! :D

If my mom were to answer - she'd say fridge since theirs went out this week and the new one is being installed (note : no repair person would work on their LG because LG does not pay timely- they were told easier to buy new).

Anyhow, my Dad turned water line "off" wrong direction and they had a geyser this morning. Then he scratched their hardwoods rolling it from wall. Y'all, you'd have to know my perfectionist mother to know how traumatic it prob was for my dad and we'd never tell them, but how comical it was for me and my sis.

If my mom were to answer - she'd say fridge since theirs went out this week and the new one is being installed (note : no repair person would work on their LG because LG does not pay timely- they were told easier to buy new).

Anyhow, my Dad turned water line "off" wrong direction and they had a geyser this morning. Then he scratched their hardwoods rolling it from wall. Y'all, you'd have to know my perfectionist mother to know how traumatic it prob was for my dad and we'd never tell them, but how comical it was for me and my sis.
I don't know whether to 'like' this with 😲 or 😂.... so I've replied instead!!

Your poor mom I feel her pain ! I’ve had similar problems and gone thru a bunch of refrigerators the past few years - brutal not having one ! Something always gets damaged taking one out or putting one in ! Thank God she could get a new one so quickly ! Time to get a stain pen for the floors !!! 🤣🤣 maybe she won’t notice it ???

Oh man, poor Dad! Not his best day, though I can relate with you and your sister finding it funny. 😆

3 things you use or pass by every day:

Our neighborhood and people therein
Our bookcases and books
Bathrooms

On the topic of neighbor gratitude, two stories:

1. Last summer, one neighbor asked another to care for their garden while they went on vacation. There was such a bounty that the gleaner neighbor brought over a whole kitchen bag full of surplus colorful, yummy goodies-all things I really like eating. It really made my night.

2. A few weeks ago, DH and I were sitting on the couch watching tv. It was an unusually warm day, so we had the front door open (screen door closed), as well as the garage (to keep our bedroom above it cooler). Doorbell rings, followed shortly by a soft, feminine voice calling DH name. He went to answer it and was gone for a long time. When he finally came back, he tells me it was one of our neighbors at the door. She came over to tell us an autistic teen was in our garage "touching our stuff". He had visited her house, picked up a ball from her yard, then wandered over to our garage and picked up a can of frosting from our spare "pantry" out there. We think he knew he was doing something wrong and was worried he was going to be yelled at because he was trying to cover his hears, ball and frosting still in hands. Neighbor was able to gently persuade him out of our garage and get him to show her where he lived, then walked him back home. I know, under different circumstances (such as if the person who used to live in the house our neighbor now owns still lived there), this could have gone so much worse-even horribly bad, and that, due to the compassion and emotional restraint of our neighbors this young man was safely returned to his family.

A super quick answer - I gotta go get ready for Mass…..

#1 - All my family photos hanging throughout the house.

#2 - The old Crucifix that I found at my Grandma’s house after she passed away.

#3 - The PoTC3 movie poster that my DH got Johnny Depp to sign to me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter