• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Three Things...Gratitude Thread

Grateful extra today to all who have served (or currently are serving) our country along with their families. As I grow older, I appreciate all the more those who do serve.

Good memories of my grandma who was very Patriotic and also my late friend Shirley who was, too.

Good memory of working at a church Summer camp one year in which kids and teens put on a Patriotic musical theater show. Proceeds went to a couple charities that support Veteran's.

I have enjoyed many Hallmark Christmas movies with some type of local church community military outreach/appreciation in them.

Long Weekends:
1. An extra day to get things done.
2. A shorter work week.
3. Usually something to celebrate.

Memorial Day:

1. Thankful for those who served and those who made the ultimate sacrifice.
2. I often think of my grandfather who served in WWII. His birthday is May 30 so sometimes fell on Memorial Day. He was a big part of my childhood.
3. The unofficial start of summer.

Good Tuesday Morning!
One week from today is our trip :cool1:

#1 - I’m grateful for Florida, since has WDW, which is where we’re going in one week - I’m so blessed to be able to afford this trip, and have a daughter that’s as excited to vacation with me as I am to vacation with her.

#2 - I’m grateful for my favorite flotation item that I’ll be lounging on in my pool soon - it’s my favorite place to read.

#3 - I’m grateful for all my fun flamingo items on the pool deck - I love flamingos and my DH has fun buying new flamingo things every year for me.

#4 - A bonus one….I’m also grateful for our nation’s flag and everything it represents ❤️🤍💙

FL Things
1. Flowers—I planted mine this weekend and am appreciating the perennials/shrubs that are coming up and blooming. My peonies are gorgeous right now and my dad came for dinner on Sunday and brought me some pretty ones from his yard including some yellow ones that I don’t have in my own yard.
2. Fleece—not wearing it now, but grateful for it in jackets and blankets and lining in pants other times of year.
3. Flank steak—the only steak I actually enjoy. We marinate and grill it a few times a year and just bought some at the butcher last week.

Fl

Flumes
...of the water variety, of course!! And floating around lazy rivers, looking up at branches swaying in the breeze and the occasional cloud in the blue sky. :love:

Florida

Floors of flowers, like these bluebells

bluebell-woods.jpg

So many good answers!

Flexible - I'm grateful for being flexible, I tend to be able to flex last minute when things pop up and I like that quality about my personality!

Flowing water - I love when we stay somewhere with a lazy river - so relaxing!

Flash cards - I like using them as a learning tool. It makes it easy to group things in different ways!

So many fantastic answers! LOL, I'm not sure I can think of any new ones!

I know! FLuffy little 🐑's of all types. From those in meadows and on farms to my beloved late dog Champ who once was mistaken for a little lamb. Also, that by the Grace of God, I, too, am one of His lambs.

The blessing from God of creativity and imagination that can take faithful fun FLight.

Dad and I are grateful today that Pavilions will be starting their FLavor Adventure Supermarket contest next week. We were so thankful last year to have been able to save a lot of money through this promotion.

Floors

Flamboyance-such a fun word, both in pronunciation and in what it represents, whether that be people or flamingos

Fleet Farm-many, many warm memories of trips with DF to pick up things from Fleet Farm. Love their Christmas shop, their bags of nuts and candies and their sports clothing section, all a few aisles away from fishing waders, fuel filters, steel-toed boots and tractor tires. Such a place!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter