• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Three Things...Gratitude Thread

in the bedroom, I'm grateful for:

1. The picture above my bed which says Give it to God and Go to sleep. My kids got it for me the first Christmas we were in our new house. Always before our bed was in front of a window, so I could never get the look I was going for.

2. My closet that I no longer have to switch out seasonal clothes. Everything actually fits.

3. Our bed - we always had a queen sized bed, but now have room for a king. I wasn't sure I'd like the switch, but now I can't imagine going back!

:grouphug:and welcome home, dear Eksmamama! Praise God you are home and that your care package came, too! I give Him extra thanks for as always, His perfect timing of delivery! Blessing also to me to know the contents brought you cheer. Prayers for your continued recovery, my friend! 💕

I attached a picture of the Daily Sun newspaper dad and I entered last night. No matter if we win, what a blessing it was to us from God to have been able to enter together in health. We had fun creating it, too. May it bring each of you an extra weekend smile to now see.

Bedroom Gratitude:

I am also very grateful for my 🛌 and the blessing of having a safe and comfortable place to rest each night.
📚 especially my Holy Bible and Devotional. Scrapbooks, too.
👖👕and other clothes

Attachments

• The Daily Sun.jpg
    The Daily Sun.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 3

I love that you have Christmas bedding, Mumto3girls. How festive and fun. Do you have a picture of it? 🎄🛌I did get my dad as birtbday gift a couple of years ao, a Christmas/winter fleecy blanket that he uses in colder weather all year. I sure use my own reindeer and snowman print fleecy throw all the time and in fact, have it on my lap right now. I will share pictures of both blankets in the morning :)

I just posted this in the kindness thread and want to do so here as well. PollyannaMom are going to be reading and discussing, some favorite children's books of each of ours together. We are starting tomorrow with the first Boxcar Children book by Gertrude Chandler Warner. This first Boxcar book is my very favorite of the series and what fun it will be to discuss it with a dear friend also reading it at the same time.

All of you are so very welcome, please do, join us! PollyannaMom is going to create a PM thread between the two of us to discuss this story. Please let her know that you would like to join us so she can add you.

Happy bedtime reading this evening to all and sweet dreams, too:grouphug:

Happy Saturday :wave:

I’m a day late with bedroom things….

#1 - I’m super grateful for my DH’s CPAP machine - his snoring was the worst before it and caused me terrible sleep problems because of it,

#2 - I’m grateful for our new smart TV - now I can watch relaxing shows on Disney+ (National Geographic shows) sometimes when I go to bed.

#3 - I’m grateful for our large headboard - it’s definitely not in style anymore, but I don’t care - it will always be perfect to me and who do I have to impress? I’m someone that once I like something, I’m keeping it a LONG LONG time - I’m not changing something to impress others.

The whole month of December. There is just too much to list, but it is just special in so many ways for so many people.

Thanksgiving because that is when we are with my family. We exchange our Christmas gifts, too.

Coinciding with the week of Thanksgiving and the holidays is my Turkey Baby. Dd's bday is a BIG deal ha ha

Annual Things:
1. Today is the day I am going to plant my hanging baskets and container gardens and replace anything in the flower beds that didn’t make it through the winter. I enjoy this. Putting together the baskets is a creative thing for me and watching them grow and “fill in” is exciting and satisfying to me. I don’t do it the same day every year but it’s around this time. The rest of the weekend will be getting the outside ready—cleaning furniture, deck, patio and so on. Not as much fun, but I enjoy the end result.
2. Vacation—with kids in public school we generally take our vacation around the school/sports schedule so usually in July.
3. Decorating for Christmas.

I am grateful for
1. Christmas Season - so beautiful with all the lights, decorations, and the spirit of giving with the birthday of Jesus.
2. Arrival of the fall season - love the cool crisp weather, the beautiful leaves, pumpkins, cozy nights …
3. Pinochle nights - my husband and I play with my best friend and her husband. We have been friends since kindergarten! 😊

Spring Cleaning - I like giving my house a complete cleaning room by room walls and everything to enjoy for 5 mins before it’s messed up again 🤣🤣- especially after the glitter season that starts with Halloween through Easter - seems like every decoration has glitter on it !!
I enjoy doing table settings - my table is always fully decked out
I enjoy changing my decorations for each holiday and then throughout the year picking a theme and decorating for that theme - nothing huge - tables / over the fireplace - little touches here and there
Just to change it up a bit
My normal routine has always been cleaning on Friday nights or Saturday morning since I was a kid - never got out of that habit - lately I’ve tried to do it all Friday night so I have whole weekend free to do other things !

Happy Saturday! :)

Thank you, PollyannaMom and your husband for putting out flags once again. I would love to help you do so if I lived closer. My sincere thanks to all who have served or are serving along with their families. How blessed we all are by all in the service indeed.

3 annual things

Amen to the entire Advent season especially Jesus' birthday! Easter likewise, too.

Birthday and other, truly daily, celebrations with dad. Along with seasonal decorating.

Pre pandemic, I enjoyed being involved in a variety of church ministries including summer camps.

Have a fun and safe long weekend, friends :)

(Fri 5/26) - 3 things you're grateful for in your bedroom
1. My bed
2. My laptop
3. My stuffed animals (Yes, I'm 40 and I still like my stuffed animals. :) )

3 annual (or other frequency) events you're grateful to participate in
1. The Color Run, which I walk in support of kids with hip dysplasia (nothing scheduled this year yet... Still hoping for a fall date!)
2. The children's musical at my church
3. Urbana conference. (Actually every three years)

So.... funny accolade with to go along with the "house" topics. This house was designed by my dad, which I mentioned. While he was making a lot of the smaller, inside of the house decisions, my mom was taking care of me in the hospital or at home, as an infant. So my mom would just say "yes" to a lot of things my dad suggested because she didn't have the time and was concentrating on me. So my mom and I have kind of an on-going joke now. Whenver she complains about something in the house and says "I've never liked that!" I apologize. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter