• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Three Things...Gratitude Thread

(Tues 5/30) - 3 things you're grateful for beginning with FL
1. Flowers
2. Flavor! Life would be very bland without it.
3. Flags. I'm a bit of a flag nerd, and love looking at all the state and country flags. The shirt I'm wearing in my profile picture is my "Flags of the World" shirt. It says "Love Your Neighbor" and then it has the flag of every country in the world on it, plus flags for things like the Red Cross, the UN (I think??) Antartica (Did you know Antartica has a flag??), and a few similar organizations/places.

Flip Flops ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️ I have and still do love love love flip flops !!! Even thou I’ve broken my feet several times and been told don’t wear them 🤣🤣 I wear them just not the real cheap ones !
Sneakers - my second footwear love !! The more colorful the better !! No plain Jane for me - I love color ! Lime green yes please ! Hot pink oh yes please !! You will know me I will be the person in the loud obnoxious sneakers
Boots - I love boots - hiking boots ❤️ knee high boots / ankle boots - bring on the boots !!
Bonus - socks - only wear them when I’m wearing shoes - I like cotton and a bit thick and again - colorful and loud !!!
As a general rule I prefer to go shoeless but otherwise I’m in flip flops until it is ice or snow ❄️ broke bones once with flip flops on ice I didn’t know we had ! Painful lesson ! Thin sheet of ice in dark taking the dog out !

The new sneakers we got DH the other day - went to a specialty place to get a real fitting, because he has some gait issues. He loves them!! (And I'm really hoping it makes walking comfortable enough to be fun for him.)

The trail shoes (a compromise between sneakers and hiking boots) that I got "while we were there". :teeth:

Socks!!! - I almost always wear socks in the house because my feet get cold. I have embraced this and love to buy cute, fun ones. 🧦

Footwear:
1. I have difficult feet so am grateful for the inserts I put in my shoes to keep the pain away.
2. I should wear supportive shoes almost always, but have a few pairs of “better” flip flops/sandals to wear when a supportive shoes would be too hot or ugly with my outfit.
3. Supportive shoes—if I go too long without my inserts/shoes I pay the price.

God's blessing to me that I have two healthy 🦶and with all my toes. Also, how grateful I am to be in health in general and that I can without any pain or assistance 🚶‍♀️

🧦and fuzzy slippers for sure!

👟for going out, too. Speaking of which, I am keeping in prayer that dad finds himself some new sneakers tomorrow at wither Kohls or JC Penney's when we go to both stores in the morning. His current shoes have seen much better days. His feet are in need some TLC including better support.

Hey everyone!!!

#1 - I’m very grateful for my Birkenstock - it’s the only type of sandal I wear - they are expensive, but every dollar. I also replaced DD19’s sandals & flip flops with Birkenstock. We each now have one pair of flip flops and that’s it, everything else are Birkenstock - even my indoor only shoes are Birkenstock.

#2 - I’m recently grateful for my slip on Vans - I love them. I just bought my third pair the other day. I’m looking forward to getting more colors in the future

#3 - I’m very grateful for my Mammoth Crocs - they are THE BEST in the winter

National Flip Flops Day! I should have logged on earlier in the day, then I could have worn mine today to celebrate.

...I appreciate them anyway! :D Isn't it lovely in the summer when you can just slip on a pair of flip flops and be off?! On a similar note, I was appreciating my Crocs earlier - so handy for nipping out to the garage or into the garden.

Boots. I'm a big fan of boots.

Trainers, sneakers, pumps, tennis shoes... (What do you call them?)

1 - Fun socks. When I was a kid, my mom always gave socks for Christmas gifts to all of her nieces and nephews. She was know as the sock aunt - I will say, I also love giving socks as gifts. There are so many fun ones out now!

2 - My Hey Dudes shoes. I didn't get any for the longest time because I thought they were for the younger generation. My sister gave me a pair for Christmas one year and I haven't gone back. They are so light and comfy!

3 - Summer sandals - I love wearing sandals in the summer. I'm not one who wears them all year, but once it's warm enough, I'm all in!

(Wed, 5/31) - Footwear
1. My New Blance shoes, and that New Balance actually sells wide 1/2 sizes in kids shoes
2. My pools shoes
3. My dress shoes

On a completely unrelated note, I've got to share something I did tonight... (Warning: One of my famous (infamous?) long posts ahead. :) And it IS something I'm thankful for. Just not in the category of footwear.

Tonight I tried something new and different, and honestly a bit scary in a weird way. A few years ago, when I was at the mall, I saw the DASA "Ability Gym." DASA stands for Disabled Athlete Sports Association and they are all about adaptive sports. I thought that, perhaps, the gym could be beneficial to me, but kept hesitating. To be honest, I've never quite known how to answer the question, "Do you have a disability?" I mean, can I do everything I want and need to do without (much) assistance? Yes. Do I have some limitations? Yes. Can I fully participate in sports and activities with my "able-bodied" peers? No. I really can't. At least not on any "competitive" level. And I never considered myself to have an "official" diagnosis, because I was always told all my problems were related, but no one knew how. But now, I think it's pretty safe to say I could fall under the broad category of "orthopedic disability." So I inquired (way back in like... 2019) and was told that a lot of people have a similar story to mine... limitations, but no solid diagnosis. So I started the process and then "chickened out." I didn't want to be seen as taking advantage of something that I don't really qualify for. Well, a few weeks ago, I finally reached out again. I was assured by multiple people that, given my history, I would indeed qualify. In fact, when I expressed the hesitancy I mentioned above, one of them emailed me and said, "Would you like me to text a reminder to you to remind you that you are welcome to our events?!!
😉
" They didn't have any spots open in the "Ability Gym," but they had other events I could try. So tonight, I participated in their "Bikes & Boats" event at a local park with a lake. I rode a recumbent trike for the first time, and did a bit of kayaking! For the biking, they have "Shadow Riders" who ride with you, to help you out, and kind of make sure no one runs you over. My Shadow Rider tonight was Macie. I'm still not sure I have the hang of the steering, and I may have only ridden 1/2 a mile, but I made it move! And I may have only kayaked for a few minutes and gone about 20 feet out, but I didn't get myself stranded in the middle of the lake (a legit fear of mine at first) I was super nervous, but also excited. Anyway, I had SO much fun, met some amazing people, and want to try again some time. And next week? I'm going to try rock climbing at Upper Limits with DASA.

IMG_2753.jpegIMG_2752.jpeg
IMG_2755.jpeg

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter