Thoughts on Hoop-Dee-Doo with little ones?

2019TripIdeas

Mouseketeer
Apologies if this should go on restaurant board- I wasn’t sure!

We have a 5, 3, and 2 year old & I’m debating whether it makes sense to take them to Hoopdeedoo review after one of our (later start) Magic kingdom days. I know the older 2 would sit well and enjoy the show and I know the boat over would be a highlight for all 3.

What I’m questioning is how well others have found toddlers to take the show. Our 2 year old is super used to eating out and doesn’t need a high Chair or anything. He can normally make it to about the hour mark at a restaurant before he gets antsy but I’m wondering if he’d get restless with the length of the show AND if so, if there’s an easy way to get outside/ hang in the back (pictures make it look pretty tight in there, I’m assuming we’d do the category 2 seating).

Thanks for any thoughts!

We did Category 2 seating with my son a few days before he turned 2. HDD assigns tables within your Category based on how far in advance you made your ADR and since we reserved at the 180+ mark, I'm pretty sure we ended up with one of the closest tables in Cat 2 on the bottom level.

Our toddler LOVED the show. There's lots of singing, dancing and joking around and while the jokes went over his head, he laughed right along with everyone else. Lots of parents let their kids stand by their chairs and dance at various points throughout the show, which helps them expend a little energy and keep the from getting too restless. Towards the end, servers brought out washboards and wooden spoons to all of the little ones to bang on along with the actors which made them feel special. Overall, we thought it was a great experience with lots of audience involvement and completely appropriate and fun for all ages.

I can't really speak to how easy it would be to stand at the back or leave early as we didn't try either of those. With being able to let kids stand and dance near the seats and it not being a huge deal if a kid is a tad loud (within reason obviously, but lots of kids were heard laughing loudly or making an occasional loud comment), you probably have nothing to worry about.

Apologies if this should go on restaurant board- I wasn’t sure!

We have a 5, 3, and 2 year old & I’m debating whether it makes sense to take them to Hoopdeedoo review after one of our (later start) Magic kingdom days. I know the older 2 would sit well and enjoy the show and I know the boat over would be a highlight for all 3.

What I’m questioning is how well others have found toddlers to take the show. Our 2 year old is super used to eating out and doesn’t need a high Chair or anything. He can normally make it to about the hour mark at a restaurant before he gets antsy but I’m wondering if he’d get restless with the length of the show AND if so, if there’s an easy way to get outside/ hang in the back (pictures make it look pretty tight in there, I’m assuming we’d do the category 2 seating).

Thanks for any thoughts!
our younger toddler group loved the show. they were able to dance near our table and move around. one thing to think about is last time we were there bathroom is outside the hall. it is not a sit eat then watch show. they are out in the crowd not just on stage. just make sure the kids are seated when servers are carrying food and not dancing into others

It’s so entertaining that your toddler will have no problems. Like previous posters have said, there are times when you can let them down to dance and if you have their 2 seating you will be more in the back or sides of the hall which is out of the way. Personally, we prefer the tier 1 because you are closer to the action and our little ones have done great. Please note that even though it’s not on the menu, you can ask for Mac and cheese. They will bring a bucket out for the table. The show/dinner is worth every penny!!! Enjoy

While our daughter wasn't a toddler when we took her to the show, we've been for the last 3 years and have a blast every time! We also prefer tier 1 because the actors are so close to you when they come out into the audience during various parts of the show. The singing, dancing, and silly jokes are perfect for everyone and I don't think I've ever even noticed really young kids being restless or as a "disruption" during the show.

I'm guessing they would love it! Also, there is so much going on and the noise level is such that if they were talking or whatever, it wouldn't be a problem to those around you. I'd say 'go for it!' We've been 5 times now and as @MrsSLF said I can't remember a time when any child was a disruption. Go and have fun!!

We took my youngest when she was just 16 months old, and she had a total blast! We were very close to the stage, and she smiled and laughed through the entire thing. She actually gave the performers a laugh as well when they saw the whipped cream covering her face after the strawberry shortcake. I would definitely go for it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!