This is the *NEW* Yacht & Beach Club Question & Answer Forum. Yea...we're still here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHAT? I forgot to mention coffee makers? AAAAUGH!

(LoL, it's not that bad, I'll go update now...)

ALL the rooms in both the Beach Club <i>and</i> the Yacht Club have coffee makers with complimentary packets of tea, coffee, coffeemate, and sweetners.

JC

i would like to request a standard room where we wouldnt have alot of walking when we get back from the parks. i never stayed at the BC so i am not sure if it is like some of the other resorts. (lots of walking to your room) are there any rooms that are conveniently located near bustops, restaurants, & pool?

Can my six year old use her own swim ring or does she have the use the big ones that they have at Stormalong Bay?

We will be staying at the YC during our anniversary. Would we have a better chance of getting our room requests (view, etc.) if we mention that in our fax?

Thanks!

Hey!

Today's my last day at home for a <i>while</i>. Thanks, y'all, for bumping this forum like you've been...keep it up like I know you will.

Umm...I <i>think</i> there won't be a problem with your six year old and her swimmies...I'm not sure what rules the lifeguards have set.

And yea, I think that if you mention your anniversary (subtly, of course, not to make Room Assignment think you're, um, tryin' anything...*laughs*), they'll work extra hard to pull together some more "magic" for your trip.

OK...that's all for now. I don't know if I'll be able to pop in much over the next two weeks, so it's up to you to housekeep this thread until I get back! :cool:

Ciao,

JC

10/92: CB
5/95: CB; WL
2/97: DVB; WL; Dolphin Concierge
1/98: New Year's @ GF Concierge
4/98: DVB
11/99: DVB
3/00: YC Concierge
1/01: YC
10/01: YC (or GF Concierge, haven't decided)

I casually mentioned it was my 50th in my room request 4 days prior. No request for an upgrade and was upgaded from a standard view to a wonderful view of the lake and Illuminations. Never hurts to mention these things.

I have afour-year old in a wheelchair and would like to know which room at this resort are accessible before we make our ressies. Would like a balcony for her to eat breakfast on and a view that is looking to the interior of th club if possible and not the forest or villas.
Any suggestions?

Hmm...I just got back from my surgery yesterday, but I'll try to call the Yacht & Beach Club for you soon to ask them. Anyone else, you're welcome to help us out with this one. All the info that you or I get will be permanently posted on here.

Ciao,

JC

We stayed at the Beach Club for the first time this year. 5/26 - 6/2. I am sold! Loved the Epcot Resort Area, stormalong bay, theming. We loved it all. I wonder if I'll ever stay anywhere else. Well, maybe I'll try the Yacht Club next time.

Keep this thread alive.

PamNC

Thanks, I'm doing great. I usually bounce back pretty fast from this stuff. The whole thing was because of a breathing problem that came from when i broke my nose in a stupid rollerblading accident 3 years ago. All's well that ends in the recovery room, they say...:rolleyes: Anyway, I'll be updating the forum tomorrow when I'll definitely have more time on my hands.

Ciao,

JC

I don't know what to think. Joe Cool's update on 6/13/01 says there ARE coffeemakers in all the rooms with complimentary coffee. I just called the front desk at the Yacht Club, and the person there told me there are no coffeemakers in the room but he could get me one (he thought I was staying in the hotel).

So what's the story? Joe Cool, you seemed pretty sure about the coffee makers, so why is the front desk saying no??

I was hoping it'd be true. I love having the coffee maker and having coffee and tea provided. sOMEONE HELP!

:confused: :eek: :mad: :o :(

Great forum, Joe. :D

It is true that there are NOT coffeemakers in the rooms at the Beach or Yacht Clubs. I have stayed at both multiple times and there are no coffeemakers. I don't know if you can REQUEST them or not, I haven't tried that.

WHAT??

Wow! I can't believe this...when we went in March 2000 AND January of 2001, we DID have a coffee maker in BOTH of the rooms. Wow! I am updating now, but I will RECOMMEND that you request a coffee maker.

Stupified,

JC

Hi Joe,

Did you request one before you went? Or did you have a concierge room? Maybe they put them in the concierge rooms now. I don't know.... I wish they were in the rooms though. I know you can request one and get one easily (we always do) but you don't get those complimentary packets of coffee daily. I like those. This way you don't have to buy your own coffee (it's a hassle!) and you can request extra packets from housekeeping. At Dixie Landings, we always got our request for a coffee maker. At the Wilderness Lodge, we got our request, plus cups and coffee packets (it was a one time thing only though).

Thanks,
Nick :p

Hi Folks,

For those of you who have stayed at the YC very recently, how were the rooms doing? I often wonder if the rooms will be up to par. So many people check in and check out that they probably get run down very quickly. Someone a few months ago told me on this board that there were some issues with her room....some fixtures were very worn....mini-bar fridge was leaking onto the carpet...and so on. This is my first time at the YC, and I am expecting the room to be tip top shape. Let me know what you think.

Thanks!
Nick :confused:

We did notice that the furniture was getting a little bit run down in need of some touch up paint and such. However, it was still a great room.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter