This is the *NEW* Yacht & Beach Club Question & Answer Forum. Yea...we're still here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Change of plans of when we get up this new thread. Turns out a bit more research needs to be done so we don't have a blank thread going up at first. Bytheblood is going to be doing it with me as a joint effort. So next week we should be getting it up and going.....

If anybody has pictures they are willing to contribute, of the Beach Club, I would love it if you could send me some Jpegs. Please PM me for an email address. I will be sure to give you credit for your pictures. :thumbsup2

I bet Disneyolic would like some of the Yacht Club as well. ;)

If anybody has pictures they are willing to contribute, of the Beach Club, I would love it if you could send me some Jpegs. Please PM me for an email address. I will be sure to give you credit for your pictures. :thumbsup2

I bet Disneyolic would like some of the Yacht Club as well. ;)
I was just going to say that...thank you! Yes, while we can't post all you may send, we do want to be able to pick and choose through enough pictures that we can use for specific references for YC and BC. We well definitely give you credit for your pictures!

Here are specific pictures of the YC that I would love if anyone has them:

Front entrance (porte cochere)
Check-in desk
Quiet pool
Laundry facilities
Ship Shape Health Club
Tennis court
Bus stop
Marina
Lighthouse Ferry stop

I do have some pictures of these but my pictures were from 2003 and they were not digital. The quality is not as good as what most of us have now. I will still use what I have and substitute it with anything that may be better than mine.

Please PM me and I can give you my email address if you have any pictures. Thanks so much!!

We've stayed there (YC) twice but all I'm managing to come up with for photo contributions that don't show messy rooms is this:

DisneySpringBreak06098.jpg

Can a 4 year old fit comfortably on a daybed? Or can I request a roll-away bed for the room?
We have a total of 4 other adults in the room and due to my present status :goodvibes it can be hard for me to be comfortable sleeping! I am afraid my DH, DS, and me in one of those beds would be crowded. (My DH doesn't want to bring a blow-up mattress b/c of of floor cleanliness issues).

Can a 4 year old fit comfortably on a daybed? Or can I request a roll-away bed for the room?
We have a total of 4 other adults in the room and due to my present status :goodvibes it can be hard for me to be comfortable sleeping! I am afraid my DH, DS, and me in one of those beds would be crowded. (My DH doesn't want to bring a blow-up mattress b/c of of floor cleanliness issues).

There really isn't enough room for an air mattress but the daybed is quite spacious, my girls last took turns sleeping on one there when they were 8 (almost 9 ) and 10 (almost 11). It's the same size as a twin, I've found.

There really isn't enough room for an air mattress but the daybed is quite spacious, my girls last took turns sleeping on one there when they were 8 (almost 9 ) and 10 (almost 11). It's the same size as a twin, I've found.

Great!!!! Thank you! My DS is used to sleeping in a toddler bed still (HAS to still have his Thomas the Tank Engine bed) so a twin size will be huge to him!

My then 18 year old son who was not small at the time slept in one for 13 nights at AKL! So, I think it'll be fine for you!:goodvibes

My DS9 was comfortable on the daybed, and he's pretty big for his age (57" and 90lbs). I'm sure a 4 year old would be fine!

We had a friend who lives in Florida meet us and she slept three nights on the day bed. She said it was comfortable. She was about 5'9'' and a chunky monkey so I don't think your little guy will have a problem. She passed away a few months after the trip so it's a good lesson to enjoy every day.

Hello! Great info. here!

We're contemplating our FIRST stay ever at Beach Club or Yacht Club. They look and sound fantastic! Two questions.....

Which rooms have been updated the most recently.......YC or BC?

Also, at the BC, are the "deluxe" category rooms ON the Concierge Floor, or do they just have access to the concierge lounge? What type of views do the deluxe rooms have? Do all rooms at BC have balconies?

Thanks SO much!!!!!

Hello! Great info. here!

We're contemplating our FIRST stay ever at Beach Club or Yacht Club. They look and sound fantastic! Two questions.....

Also, at the BC, are the "deluxe" category rooms ON the Concierge Floor, or do they just have access to the concierge lounge? What type of views do the deluxe rooms have? Do all rooms at BC have balconies?

Thanks SO much!!!!!

More familar with YC than BC but I can answer one question, no, not all BC rooms have full balconies. Some have step outs that are very shallow.

Hello! Great info. here!

Thanks SO much!!!!!

The deluxe rooms at BC (the ones w/ 2 queen beds and daybed) are on floors 1-4, overlook the quiet pool and do have concierge access (5th floor). We really liked the BC deluxe room and the extra space. It was also an easy walk to Epcot from its location. We had the 4th floor deluxe room w/ a great oversized balcony.

As far as updates, I believe both YC and BC rooms were renovated about the same time. Around late 2001 or early 2002, sometime between our visits (see my signature). Our YC room from July was in great condition. The BC lobby was just renovated this past spring 2007.

Hello All
I am new to this Disney forum, but I've been on cruise critic so I know how helpful they can be. WE are book at the Yacht Club next March (08) and it has probably been asked before, but does anyone know if there are day beds on the 5th floor, club level rooms? I have requested connecting rooms overlooking the rear entrance, with a view of the lighthouse and BW. Hopefully, that can happen. But my 2 older kids are always scheming to take along friends, so just wondering if it's possible to get more bodies in the room. (Could not believe how early the yacht club books up!!):hippie:

Hello All
I am new to this Disney forum, but I've been on cruise critic so I know how helpful they can be. WE are book at the Yacht Club next March (08) and it has probably been asked before, but does anyone know if there are day beds on the 5th floor, club level rooms? I have requested connecting rooms overlooking the rear entrance, with a view of the lighthouse and BW. Hopefully, that can happen. But my 2 older kids are always scheming to take along friends, so just wondering if it's possible to get more bodies in the room. (Could not believe how early the yacht club books up!!):hippie:

We were just at the YC on the 5th floor overlooking the main entrance (ie. parking lot-but we did see Wishes perfectly from the balcony :) ) Our room did have a daybed in it... I"m not sure how all the rooms are on the floor as it was our first time staying Club level... but ours did :thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter