This is the *NEW* Yacht & Beach Club Question & Answer Forum. Yea...we're still here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was wondering how many rooms have a daybed at YC? Do I have a good chace of getting one or should I request one? Thanks for all the info!:p :p :smooth:

Joe Cool-

Thanks for all the information! Your hard work is greatly appreciated by us first timers to the YC. Thanks again!
Laur4mom

Will I get anything from concierge before our trip? We got our letter from the Polynesian concierge about 2 weeks ago and we have yet to receive anything from the YC:confused: We are going in early August. I wanted to let them know about our anniversary and have them make our ps's for us.

Hey,

Thanks guys, for all the kudos, bumps and questions.

Ok...

The Concierge people usually send a Personal Vacation Itinerary (a little questionnaire of stuff you would like to do) which is optional to send back to them. They send this along with resort information about a month to 2 weeks prior to arrival.

I'm not sure exactly how many rooms have the daybed. Quite a few, though...you have a better chance of getting a room <i>with</i> one than without.

And the CMC Clambake...I tend to be a...eh...gourmet cuisine connoisseur (french for "picky eater")...lol... I...er...didn't find the food at the clambake to be anything special, it just seemed to me like run-of-the-mill seafood buffet stuff. In other words, better fish buffets exist outside of Disney. If you're not expecting three-star cuisine, and you think your kids will enjoy it (the Disney atmosphere is really fun), then go for it.

JC

Thanks for all the great info on the Y&B Club. We'll be staying there for our first time in August. We have booked standard view, guaranteed connecting rooms, with a request for second floor (hate elevators!). My question is this: I would hate to be surrounded by the BCV construction and would LOVE to be upgraded to water view. Since we need connecting rooms, do you think the upgrade is possible? If so, how would you advise we go about it (i.e., specific rooms? location?) Need all the help you can give. But, whatever happens, I'm thrilled to be staying there!
Thanks, Kathy

Thanks a million for this special forum on YC/BC. We're leaving in 11 days for our first stay at the Beach Club. I'm going to print all of this out and read it. I was concerned about getting a room with a construction view, given the fact that they are now building the Beach Club Villas. But now I feel confident we can make a polite request and get a garden view...

Thanks again.

PamNC

YOU MENTIONED FAXING A REQUEST ABOUT 4 DAYS BEFORE WE ARRIVE TO ROOM ASSIGNMENTS. DOES ANYONE HAVE THIS FAX #?

ALSO NO ONE REPLIED AS TO IF CAPE MAY CAFE WAS A GOOD PLACE TO EAT OR NOT. CAN SOMEONE GIVE ME SOME HELP ON THIS? IF THERE IS SOMEWHERE ELSE THAT IS BETTER LET ME KNOW!

WE LEAVE IN 8 DAYS!!!:p

I just went back and read some of the post and saw where you did reply about Cape May Cafe! Since you don't highly recommend it where would you suggest going?

I still need the fax number for room assignments though.

Maybe it is me but I have been having a hard time finding my post and checking on updates since The Dis changed over, anyne else having any trouble getting used to the new set up?:p :p :p :p :p

Does anyone know what the name of the BC Concierge level is? I know YC is Regatta Club, but was wondering what BC's was called. Thanks!

Hi Disneypal,
Yacht & Beach Club Fax Number:
407-934-3850

Joe Cool had it on page 3 of the Yacht & Beach Q & A.
:D

Just another thought on Cape May Cafe Clambake. We were at Disney May 2000 (4 adults & 4 Kids) and we went to CMC twice! :sunny:

Chris

Hi!
We have a YC lagoon view concierge ressie for July. I heard there is one room that does not have a balcony, so I guess I should be clear that a balcony is very important so I don't get stuck with that one room??!! right?
Also are all of the Laggon view concierge rooms above either SOB and the rear entrance? I would assume that the rooms above the entrance would be quieter than the ones above SOB, I would love more quiet! also would love to be able to see spaceship earth. Any help with how I should request this?
are there certain requests for better views or are all the views from lagoon view concierge rooms very good???

Also, being that we're going during the crowded July month, is concierge still able to get you last minute PS??

Thanks!

Laura :)

Do you need to make advance reservations for the character breakfast at the Beach Club, even if you are staying there? Any thoughts on other locations for the kids to eat with Disney Characters? We had breakfast at the Wilderness Lodge last year and we all loved it.

:wave: Definitely make reservations!

We love the character breakfast at Crystal Palace - Pooh and the gang and a WONDERFUL breakfast buffet!

EGarbs - if you know what day you want to have breakfast at the Cape May character buffet you should make a PS. It doesn't make any difference whether you're staying at the BC or a different resort.
However 2 weeks ago we woke up one morning (staying at BWV) and decided we wanted to go to Cape may for breakfast. It was 7:30am when I called, and I got a PS for 8:15am. no problem!!!
actually it was quite empty! but make a ps if you can!!!
better to be safe than sorry!!!

Laura :)

THANKS FOR THE FAX NUMBER, I MUST HAVE MISSED IT.

I THINK WE WILL KEEP OUR RESERVATIONS AT CAPE MAY CAFE. IT WILL BE SOMETHING NEW TO TRY!

CHARACTER BREAKFAST. WE HAVE DONE CHEF MICKEY 2 X'S AND IT IS THE BEST ONE WE HAVE TRIED SO FAR. THE PRINCESS BREAKFAST AT CINDERELLA'S CASTLE IS GOOD FOR GIRLS! CRYSTAL PALACE IS ALSO VERY GOOD! WE ARE TYING ARTIST POINT, ANIMAL KINGDOM AND CRYSTAL PALACE AGAIN THIS YEAR.

6 DAYS TILL WE LEAVE, ANY LAST MINUTE ADVICE?

For people who have stayed at the Beach Club and the Boardwalk, which villas do you think will be nicer, Beach Club or Boardwalk and why? (the more detail you can provide the better!) I have never stayed at the Boardwalk, but from what I've seen it seems beautiful with a bit more going on than Y&BC. I like the BC very much but I'm not as crazy about the YC. I like a more colorful and lively (yet still luxurious) atmosphere.

Also, although the SAB pool is awesome, is anyone concerned that it will become too crowded once the BC villas are complete. We were down there in April, and whenever the sun was out you simply could not find a free chair!

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!

What a great FAQ!!

Im just about convinced into booking the YC and Ive got a couple questions. I hope I didnt overlook the answers if they have already been posted.

I looked over all of the maps and Im wondering where the entrances/exits are. Of course theres the front and back at the lobby, Im wondering if there are any others, for example leading out to the quiet pool near that elevator or on the Storm Along Bay end.

I was also wondering about the mini-bars. Ive read conflicting reports about them. Are there mini-bars in the non-concierge rooms?

What times does Hurrican Hannah's generally close? Is it seasonal? We'll be there in early Dec.

Thats all I can think of for now...but Im sure Ill think of others
:D

Thanks very much

Thanks to the suggestions of Pete, we upgraded to the Beach club concierge for our land/sea trip. We just got back yesterday and all I can say is that it was truly an incredible trip. Form the moment we arrived at the Beach Club we were treated like royalty! Our room was ready for us at 10:30 AM which was great since we'd been up since 4:30AM. We went right to our room and then checked in with the concierge desk. We got ideas on what to do and what plans might need to be altered. The breakfast buffet, health club membership and evening snacks more than paid for itself after about the first day. That hotel is just beautiful!!! We got home last night and I was "ordered " to book again for next year. And I did!!! It was a great location, easy access to everything. The pool ws like a mini waterpark. Just loved every minute. It was difficult even if we were headed on the Wonder for a great cruise!! Do the Beach Club. you won't be sorry!

Thanks, guys!

But...come on! Let's get this forum rated up to 5 stars!!!! I know you guys can do it!!!!!

Um...I think Hurricane Hannah's hours are on my FAQ.

Thanks again, and watch my Joe Cool site for updates. Ciao!

JC

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter