• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

This elevator leads directly to… THE GIFT SHOP! A Dec. 2011 TR from BWI - FINAL 8-27

Okay... just read Disney has cast Angelina Jolie to play Maleficent in a live action film about Maleficent.

Not sure how I feel about this.

1) She's got the face to handle the make-up

2) This isn't exactly her type of role... there are too many clothes involved...

Okay... just read Disney has cast Angelina Jolie to play Maleficent in a live action film about Maleficent.

Not sure how I feel about this.

1) She's got the face to handle the make-up

2) This isn't exactly her type of role... there are too many clothes involved... :rotfl:

:lmao:

I also just heard that they are casting Tom Hanks as Walt in a biopic-ish film about how big the struggle was to get the book rights from PL Travers for Mary Poppins.

Two of my favorite men in one movie. :teeth:

MB decided she was done for the night so she headed back “home” after a spin in Spaceship Earth. We tried to talk her into staying in the park for a bit longer because we wanted to be there to see her reaction to the room first hand. I tried for a bit to get her to stay but E motioned for me to drop it, so I did. We parted ways for the night and then E and I felt the need…

the need for speed:
30881810061-04.jpg

Then we pressed on to one of her favorite attractions:
IMG_7989-04.jpg

If you’ve NEVER done Turtle Talk with Crush – you need to. It’s super cute watching the kids talk to Crush. In this particular show, a child couldn’t remember who brought him to Disney and his family, who was sitting next to us, were in absolute stitches. His aunt and uncle took him to Turtle Talk, not his parents. We all think the poor kiddo had stage fright!

Towards the end of the show, as Crush was swimming away, he stopped, turned around and wished me happy birthday! I’d never heard of that happening before and it was really special!

While we were in Turtle Talk, E got a call that didn’t come through as you can’t get reception in Sea Base Alpha. She ran outside and listened to the voicemail that was left for us.

She came to me, dragged me outside and made me listen to the message. I don’t remember the whole message but to summarize we heard this, “You made me cry… da*nit!” It was MB calling, half-talking, half-sniffling about the room decorations.

Our first surprise was a huge hit!

We walked around EP a bit more before heading back home shortly after Illuminations started. I was excited to fall into bed since it had been such a long day. A long, good day.

She came to me, dragged me outside and made me listen to the message. I don’t remember the whole message but to summarize we heard this, “You made me cry… da*nit!” It was MB calling, half-talking, half-sniffling about the room decorations.

Jenn disneyized what my mom said a bit... If I recall it went more like this
"hehehe geez you guys... wow... no wonder you were gone so long...sh!?, now you made me cry ::sniff::

Daughter of the year achieved!!!

I felt so bad I had been not able to answer the phone :sad2:

How cool that Crush wished you a happy birthday.

I bet you both were so happy that the room decorations were well liked!

Catching up....bear with me, I haven't yet gotten back into the Dis swing yet.

Your room looks fantastic and your cake scrumptious! Can't wait for the next update.

Happy belated birthday.

How cool that Crush wished you a happy birthday.

I bet you both were so happy that the room decorations were well liked!
I was really surprised that he did! I guess it pays to wear a birthday button and sit in the front row. :)

I was really pleased that she loved them. They looked great and were awesome to come home to. The Mousekeepers evidently liked them too. They didn't want us to take our bow off the front door!

Catching up....bear with me, I haven't yet gotten back into the Dis swing yet.

Your room looks fantastic and your cake scrumptious! Can't wait for the next update.

Happy belated birthday.
Welcome back! Missed chatting with you! :goodvibes

I LOVED the cake decorations! Tiki room is one of my all-time favorite attractions. I have to go each trip, or it's not a trip!

We decided to go to DHS on our second day. It was another full day of touring and after E threatened to toss me out of bed, I got up, got ready and we went downstairs to catch a Friendship to DHS.

IMG_8033-04.jpg

IMG_8034-04.jpg

Have I mentioned that I LOVE staying in this area for this exact reason.
We got into the park prior to RD and we decided that E would make the FP run to TSM and MB and I would meet up with E down by ToT.

30881810107-04.jpg

E grabbed our FP
IMG_8054-04.jpg

And met up with us in one of the MANY shops we perused during our wait. E and I took a spin on ToT:
IMG_8035-04.jpg

It was great. We were there early and for a minute were the only people in the queue. E exclaims, “See? It PAYS to check in early!” and we both laughed. After a couple of minutes, another group of people came in followed by a couple more. Soon the pre-show started and we were off. There was a group of women in their 20s-30s and a family with a little girl who couldn’t be more than 8 years old. The video, in its full suspense, announces that only working elevator goes, [LIGHTNING CRACK] and the one of the women in the group exclaims, “TO THE GIFT SHOP!” to which E and I just lost it!

So there you have it… the story behind the title… See??? It didn’t take too long, did it?

30881810064-04.jpg

Then over to RnRC
IMG_8043-04.jpg

IMG_8048-04.jpg

IMG_8051-04.jpg

[I need to find a better rock ‘n roll face…]

Then it was time for a spin on TSM:
DSC_6743-04.jpg

IMG_8063-04.jpg

E rode by herself and I rode with MG. I totally beat her in score, but she was a better shot!
DSC_6748-04.jpg

After we left the ride, who else would greet us in Pixar Place than the neighborhood security!
DSC_6756-04.jpg

It certainly pays to get to the parks early. You've done all the 3 big rides at HS before the masses arrived!

And I love the back story for the title.

It certainly pays to get to the parks early. You've done all the 3 big rides at HS before the masses arrived!

And I love the back story for the title.
Oh yeah! E averaged the crowd levels from TP and EasyWDW and the more we went along, the days from EasyWDW were more accurate.

Regardless of any crowd levels, being at the park early beats anything!

We got so much done at DHS before 10 a.m. that we had time to try new things.

::sigh::

can we go back :sad:

I miss Mickey!! oh and Buzz

I totally Forgot I said that clever quip-it... Gold star to me!

::sigh:; I have to finish at least one Asia scrapbook before I can move in to December, I know my mom is bummed I have not even started at it has been 5 months, Daughter of the Year is slipping away from my grasps :eek:

Have you started your book yet? Do you think you could scan some autographs for me?

I love how you decorated the room! You definately improved the looks. We were considering BWI this trip, but stayed with our old faithful Poly. Looking forward to your updates!

looks like a great morning! i loved when we stayed at YC because of how easy it was to get to epcot and dhs...so cool to have that easy, quick access!

I love how you decorated the room! You definately improved the looks. We were considering BWI this trip, but stayed with our old faithful Poly. Looking forward to your updates!
:wave2:

Thanks! We planned and planned for it and I was very pleased with how it all came to be in the end. It was totally worth it!

I really enjoyed BWI - the location alone makes it worth it for me (but I love EP, so...). I was pleasantly surprised at how the decor was well done and thorough but it didn't feel overwhelming - almost like I was in New England, definitely out East.

I'll be posting a new update here very shortly!

looks like a great morning! i loved when we stayed at YC because of how easy it was to get to epcot and dhs...so cool to have that easy, quick access!
I first stayed in that area back in 1998 when my dad had a firefighters convention AT Disney. We stayed at the Swolphin and loved having the Friendships at our disposal. Dad hates EP, but it got him closer to the Biergarten, which negated all his negative EP energy. :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter