Third Time's The Charm At The DISNEY COLLEGE PROGRAM Fall '19! (COMPLETE - 8/14)

50033461636_bbabcb43db_c.jpg
Oh, Maelstrom, how I loved thee!!!! I was really looking forward to the Backstage Magic tour, so I could see the giant polar bear from Maelstrom....but sadly, no tours available now. Hopefully someday!!

Your Elsa make-up look/bound was adorable! Those pictures were really great.

I'm excited to get a little taste of Food and Wine in July! Last time (actually the only time!) I attended Food and Wine was in 2015 for the final year of the Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights! Definitely excited to get back. (And relieved that we actually got park pass reservations for every day we needed them!)

Whew I was so far behind, but I'm finally all caught up! Sounds like a great last night at HHN and a fun time at MVMCP--seriously so jealous that you met Belle in her Christmas dress. I don't think I knew she met during the party or I would have forced my parents to wait in line with me lol

I am literally obsessed with Frozen 2 and "Show Yourself"! I liked the first one fine, but the sequel is just something else entirely. SO GOOD! :lovestruc

I love the colors in your Elsa fantasy look makeup! So pretty.

Thank you!! :)

Oh, Maelstrom, how I loved thee!!!! I was really looking forward to the Backstage Magic tour, so I could see the giant polar bear from Maelstrom....but sadly, no tours available now. Hopefully someday!!

Omg I never knew that that was backstage. That's so cool. Maybe I'll have to join you lol

Your Elsa make-up look/bound was adorable! Those pictures were really great.

Thank you so much, Jackie!

I'm excited to get a little taste of Food and Wine in July! Last time (actually the only time!) I attended Food and Wine was in 2015 for the final year of the Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights! Definitely excited to get back. (And relieved that we actually got park pass reservations for every day we needed them!)

Omg wow, that's like a whole other time period. I'm so excited that you're gonna be able to have a taste of it. I can't wait to hear what you think!

Whew I was so far behind, but I'm finally all caught up! Sounds like a great last night at HHN and a fun time at MVMCP--seriously so jealous that you met Belle in her Christmas dress. I don't think I knew she met during the party or I would have forced my parents to wait in line with me lol

Yay! Glad you caught up! MVMCP and HHN were wonderful. Belle in that Enchanted Christmas dress was EVERYTHING. I'm still not over having met her in it.

I am literally obsessed with Frozen 2 and "Show Yourself"! I liked the first one fine, but the sequel is just something else entirely. SO GOOD! :lovestruc

It was. Again, I understand it's not perfect, but something about it just affected me more than the original. I don't know, but "Show Yourself" is EVERYTHING. Also, "The Next Right Thing" has helped me through so much recently, it is so unique a song and addresses something most animated films or film in general don't.

Before I Get Blocked Out AGAIN...
12/1/19: Last Day As A Guest At DHS For 2019

At this point in time on Disney property, Studios was about to hit a second rush. On December 5th, Rise of the Resistance was set to open. All this despite rumors circulating of the rides having issues that could only be confirmed by the fact cast members never were even offered a chance to ride. It definitely led to a mood dip, especially in Galaxy's Edge, since we all had hoped we'd be some of the first, but alas it was not the case. Not to mention, we were soon to be blocked from the park rendering it impossible unless we bought a ticket or used a summer/winter comp. Just sad days.

So what did I think of as a solution to feel better about all this?

Today was my last day off before Rise opened so I wanted to keep the hope up and just make sure I'd get to see the park before what happened happened. I mean, I had so many opportunities to go. More than the average person, I might as well take that privilege and put it towards today. Of course, the Candlelight Processional was calling me to Epcot so I wasn't gonna spend the whole day, but I needed to enjoy her one last time.

With that, say hi to Miss Studios herself on this fine day!

On my way in, I passed by one of the Citizens. He may or may not look very familiar to a certain head gatherer I hang with on-planet.

Click to watch!

I don't believe I have any photos of myself today, but my hair was done up real nice today, as I try to do every day, but it was staying particularly well on this day. Thank you Mr. Director sir for noting that lol

I headed first to Galaxy's Edge. On the way there, I took photos that I edited later to use as lockscreens.

I might've stopped in some of the shops to say hi to people once I got to SWGE, but my first real stop was here.

I might not get to ride her for a whole year so I was gonna get my fix in. I had ridden it many times before its opening, but it had been a minute so I was hype. Especially since this was one of the few times I got to do single rider aka my future autobiography.

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Don't ask me why that filter is on that video. I genuinely do not remember. Either it was an accident or some weird joke I was making. Who knows how my brain works sometimes.

After a fairly good run with Hondo and Chewie, I headed back out of Galaxy's Edge towards Sunset Boulevard. I believe I considered rides on some TSL attractions, but they all were pretty busy. Clearly, we were hitting that December peak season.

Instead of riding any attractions, I got some more photos to make lock screens out of. They also showed more of the holiday decor in TSL. Again, Studios really wins for that park-wide Christmas aesthetic.

I was bound directly for Sunset at this point where I came across the Citizens again, this time in their classic joke-off known as "Funniest Citizen."

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

I believe I stayed for its entirety and I was even pulled for audience participation even if I was slightly hidden by a tree. Flora Fierra was the host and asked me some question to add to the difficulty of the jokes they made. It was pretty funny. I also was thanked for my service by working at Hollywood Studios lmao I believe the winner of the whole thing was Evie Starlight who honestly had quite the fan base in this crowd as well as some fantastic jokes. She really is the greatest.

After that, I headed towards Rock N Roller Coaster to blast off to the Aerosmith concert in the super stretch limo for the last time this year.

Click to watch!

A rockin' good time as always. I wasted no time after that, walking this way over to the other Sunset headliner at the Hollywood Tower Hotel.

Click to watch!

I managed to get front and center on this last ride so I think that was a big positive for a last visit to the Twilight Zone. Never any complaints visiting there though.

When I got off ToT, I decided it was a good time to head out. It was getting dark and if I was gonna make it for Candlelight, now would be the time. I took one last look at that lovely Tower and Sunset. It looked so stunning at golden hour.

I was feeling a bit thirsty as well as in need of a pick-me-up so I stopped into Starbucks to get myself my usual. It was a warmer day today.

Then, I was out. Goodbye to Studios for who knows how much longer! (Well, I do but I'm not letting you know that lol)

I took some photos to help pass the time as I took my usual walk all the way from Studios to Epcot.

I had now officially arrived at Epcot where I had a very exciting evening ahead of me as well as the perfect amount of caffeine in my system. Stay tuned to see what I got up to there!

Continue Here

Last edited:

SHHHH, Mulan Is Telling Us The Story Of Christmas
12/1/19: Last Day As A Guest At DHS For 2019

When I got to Epcot, I immediately made my way towards the American Adventure pavilion for Candlelight. On my way there, I happened to catch the Japanese holiday storyteller. As I've mentioned before, I'm currently obsessed with Japan and a lot of their culture so I thought I'd stop and listen for a spell.

Click to watch!

I believe back during my first program, this was a different storyteller here in Japan so it was neat to have one that was more focused on their culture. Their culture isn't big on Christmas from what I know, but the New Year is a big deal much as it is in some more inland Asian countries. Granted, the New Year is a much bigger deal in the world since it isn't as religiously connected as Christmas is so it was really neat having the focus shifted. I wish I could tell you exactly what she talked about, but I think the video covers most of it, which is the history of the Daruma Doll, a symbol of good luck for Japanese people.

I continued on from Japan to America where I came across an already intense line for the first showing as well as mass huddles to watch from outside the theater. I decided then and there I was better off catching a later showing so I decided to go all the way to Norway to go visit Anna and Elsa. The wait was much shorter this time and I also managed to run into my friend, Jenny. Jenny only recently got switched to being a character attendant from costuming so it was cool seeing her in the Summerhus. We talked a bit before I was sent in to see the famous Arendellian sisters.

This visit was primarily to get some photos with my DSLR so I'll share those first than talk about the M&G discussions.

The meet wasn't nearly as spectacular as the last time. I mean, that was next level. Anna was sweet as ever and I talked with her for a bit, even during the photoshoot. However, Elsa was... cold. Which I guess makes sense, but it made the meet uncomfortable and I almost didn't even take photos of her it was so awkward. Yeah, I'm glad I don't have photos of me with them from that meet... I'm sure they were quite something.

Once I left there, I went immediately over to the American Adventure and planted myself essentially in the same spot I watched Neil Patrick Harris at my first Candlelight back in 2016. I didn't feel the need to hope for the best with that line. I was happier watching from afar. Even if it was kinda awkward when the choir walked in but their beautiful voices coming in beside you was a neat way to start the performance.

Click to watch!

Some of those poor kids though. I saw so many go down throughout the performance. As a former chorus student, chorus directors are pretty adamant about how not to overheat, but those costumes coupled with how close they must all be standing and the lights, WHEW it's amazing how most made it out fine. Good thing the stage managers are always on it and take care of it quickly before most would notice.

Anyways, back to who I really was here for. The celebrity guest narrator tonight, in cased you missed it before, was but Disney Legend, Ming-Na Wen! Also, known as the voice of MULAN! I was so excited for this. The line-up this year wasn't as stacked as I could recall from prior years, the only other narrator of interest for me being Chita Rivera, who ended up pulling out last minute so I didn't even get to see her. Needless to say, I was pretty excited for Miss Wen!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

She had such a fun energy and just seemed to be living her best life. NPH was similar, but he's more dry humor, she was boundless joy. I feel honored to have seen both of them. I also enjoyed the show as a whole more than previously. I'm not particularly attached to the story of Christmas since I no longer practice Catholicism, but it's still a beautiful story and having the choirs and the Voices of Liberty just make it so enjoyable. Again, it might always be a one-and-done thing for me every year unlike the Broadway Concert series and Awesome Mix Live, but I don't walk away feeling unsatisfied. It was a great way to end my evening.

And I am indeed saying end. I bounced right after the shows final applause. Today was a quick day and I just wasn't feeling it. The holiday season can do that to you sometimes. Tomorrow I was going right into the lead up to Rise. Technically, it was the last day Galaxy's Edge was opened before Rise so one more day of normalcy because yeah it got REALLY crazy again if not more-so than upon opening.

Strap in friends, get ready for the wild ride that was Rise opening and being a cast member during that time!

Continue Here

Last edited:
I Didn't Need To Win A Game Of Sabacc For Betting How This Week Played Out
12/2 – 12/5/19: Rise of the Resistance Grand Opening & CP Formal!

December 2nd, 2019

I should begin by saying SIKE, I ended up spending a little bit more time in Studios on this day. I just got paid on this day I believe or I was able to transfer money or... I don't know. But I decided to go into the park before I went to work in order to purchase Sabacc.

If you are not a big Star Wars fan, Sabacc is the game that Han Solo won against Lando Calrissian which resulted in him acquiring the Millennium Falcon. It is a big game among gamblers and we sell it here on Batuu. I had to quick learn how to play it the one day I worked in Market and now I really wanted to get my own game so I could play it on my own.

Before I did that, I decided to get myself a free Mickey Pretzel with one of my coupons.

And just crying all these years later about GMR being actually gone. I'm not bitter, but I'm still sad I don't have her in my life anymore.

Once I finished my pretzel, I then decided to stop in Walt Disney Presents since I didn't go there the other day and a fix was necessary. I would miss her a lot once I was blocked out.

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Then I finally hopped over to SWGE. I stopped in a very crowded Toydarian to pick up my Sabacc, sadly sans CM holiday discount, but I was quick, talking a little bit with the CM who was there about what awaited us. I had to go to work so I bounced quickly so I'll give you a pic of my Sabacc deck from Google Images.

star-wars-galaxys-edge-sabacc-impressions-1-1173272.jpeg

Anyways, I went to work, I worked, I went home. Yay! Cool stuff, but today officially ended Studios being opened to cast members for the year and probably into next year. Sadly, you will not see more from me in this park on this TR minus my working there, but let's not postpone the excitement of preparation for Rise's grand opening!

December 3rd & 4th, 2019

These two days, Galaxy's Edge was closed off to the public. The 3rd was basically a day for us to kinda prepare ourselves and figure things out. I don't remember in detail what we did, but it was just a lot of cleaning and prepping, meetings with leaders, etc. I believe we did have a period where people were taking photos in the land like that time before the original opening of SWGE. Again, not much to say on this one.

The 4th however was our big pre-opening Media day! It started initially with just backstage cleaning and prepping, opening pins for Savi's, the works theeeennnn we were open! Not much happened on our end aside from a few media people who decided they wanted to build. Some only came in to experience it much like we did during previews, but not purchase while others did actually purchase. It was very quiet inside the workshop.

Outside though, that was where the excitement was. They filmed the opening ceremonies tonight which included some cool X-wing drones that I wasn't able to see (they only went up and down). Those drones were also the reason why parking became so limited for cast for a time. I did see the fireworks that went off for this since I was outside initially, but then I was brought inside later on. While I was inside, I also missed a cool stunt show that they performed as well right across from Savi's on that garage set over there. Many have rumored that this was originally supposed to be a regular thing in the land, but was cut.

These were both really cool things that happened so I'm attaching some Youtube vids of them below here:

I will also note that some of our beloved equity performers at Savi's were featured in both these shows. I miss them all so so much.

After the media event ended, it was time to go home. It was pretty late I was there on this night so on my way out, I took a photo of our backstage countdown which was just under 2 hours until the official opening. It kinda just snuck its way in, didn't it?

December 5th, 2019

The day of reckoning had come. Rise of the Resistance was officially opening on this day and SWGE was now complete! Woohoo!

Well, for y'all visiting, not so much for me I must say because the craziness went back up on an octave. I was back on one day off a week as well as longer hours. This was good for the paycheck, but it wore a lot on me during the holiday season. It's a difficult season to be working at Disney in anyways.

As far as I know, the day definitely played out a lot like opening day. I was only there in the evening and I wasn't there for 12 hours like on opening day, but I vividly remember being messaged by Zach (@AMusicLifeForMe) who was all the way back towards the bridge that covers the pathway that goes to the BoardWalk right as I got home the night before. Absolute insanity, but just goes to show how big a deal Rise of the Resistance was (and rightfully so).

I mean, we even got a cool gift on this day as well as the opportunity for a photo op. I came to work with Dina on this day so I have a photo of myself but also with her before we went into work.

All-in-all this day at work for me was another day at Savi's except we were very much BOOKED. We had a longer day and many people trying to get in who were not aware of the change since opening day that we no longer took walk-ins, which was a struggle. For the most part, that's a pretty normal day though. There was an excitement in the air with a need to maybe break some records in terms of revenue. We however were pretty much the same as we always had been. Droid was the busiest it had been in awhile so they were where you could clearly see the change in attendance, but Savi's stayed mostly the same.

Aside from operations, it was very cold on this day, that winter weather was really setting in at this point which made being outside not all that fun. I did however by being outside at one point get to see the drones which made an appearance again on this night. They were really cool, but for their use of only flying up then back down for two evenings... not worth losing good parking.

Once we closed up, our coordinator that night, Armando, wanted to commemorate the evening and get a photo of the cast who closed on the day that Rise opened. Doug, a co-worker in Market, took the photo and Amanda, another co-worker, photobombed it, she's kinda leaning in on the right. The rest of us were Savi's crew. One of the last photos we got with a lot of the original CP night crew since many ended their programs in January. Sad days, but happy memories here!

And yes, that is Doug who took the selfie too lol

We then were let out early on this night, but the night did not end for me there. No no no. By some unfortunate scheduling, tonight was also the night of the CP Formal. This is essentially our big end of program Prom where CPs get dressed up nice and dance the night away in the ballroom at Coronado Springs. Each year has a theme along with select character M&Gs as well as food and other photo ops and exciting fun. I went back during my first program after a shift and didn't have the best time. At that formal all I did was met Brer Fox & Brer Bear, hung out with Kaitlyn (@Newsies) for a bit, saw some co-workers along with my roommates, explored the resort then went home. It was a bit of a let-down for me and I wanted to make up for it this time. I was nervous I wasn't gonna make it so I left a change of clothes at home, but because of an early exit I was able to make it.

It was later in the night and I once again went without anyone. The busses were running all night from Vista to Coronado so that made life easy not having to worry about how to get there. I did feel oddly alone, but upon immediately arriving at the Coronado ballroom I ran into Jenna, Rachel and Colsen. I also ran into Sonnet, Claire and Cassidy, my arrival day squad. I was running into everyone. Plenty more people from SWGE including those of us moved from Sunset, my roommates might've been there and even a solid group from the 3609 squad. Adam couldn't make it unfortunately. I also managed to get the HHN shirt I got for Sonnet on my last night. I did come too late to meet characters, which I was sad about since this year's theme was Black and White so all the characters were wearing very formal dapper wear. I would've liked to at least have met one. Sadly not the case.

Whatever, I made up for it in seeing everyone and dancing the night away. Also, by showing up in what I realized was the most 'dad' outfit I've ever worn in my life. It could not have been a weirder night, but it was super fun and felt like the best way to follow up a crazy day of work. Truly the proper end of program celebration I wanted back in 2016.

Now, I'll stop typing and let you enjoy some photos and videos from the night.

Photoshoot with Sonnet & Claire

Selfie with some of the 3609 crew

L-to-R: Maddie B, myself, Emily, Joey and Matt (Adam's roommate)

Live Snap Videos From The Dance Floor

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

CP Formal: The most fun you can have while sober.

I was pretty wiped after all that. It was a lot of people clumped together dancing, many of us having worked that day so we were all sweaty sweaty SWEATY. I'm sorry if that's gross, but if that's any indication of how much fun we were having, Imma leave it in. It also meant quite the mass exodus on our way out. Everyone was heading out to the busses so the lobby area was just over-packed with CPs. They had separate busses and the Housing team tried to organize it as best they could, but there's only so much you can do.

I had to split off from everyone since many didn't live in Vista that stayed until the end. I was giving big hugs to everyone thinking of the possibility I wouldn't have another chance to say goodbye before many of their programs ended. This statement mostly being directed at Cassidy and Claire since they both left essentially right after the New Year. Again, sad days but happy memories.

It took quite awhile for me to get home between waiting for the bus, loading onto the bus and the bus ride back to Vista. I went to bed pretty late for such a crazy day, but I couldn't have imagined it better. I think we can firmly say this year's formal made up for the sad state of 2016's Formal for me. I passed out with the biggest smile on my face and internal chuckles about watching my friends and I being so unbelievably ridiculous on that dance floor.

We were sadly so close to the end and I was gonna be saying 'See Ya Real Soon' to so many amazing friends. Until then, I'll be back to scrapping tomorrow. Goodnight!

Continue Here

Last edited:
It was. Again, I understand it's not perfect, but something about it just affected me more than the original. I don't know, but "Show Yourself" is EVERYTHING. Also, "The Next Right Thing" has helped me through so much recently, it is so unique a song and addresses something most animated films or film in general don't.

THIS. I get chills when I listen to both of them. Which is often lol

Some of those poor kids though. I saw so many go down throughout the performance. As a former chorus student, chorus directors are pretty adamant about how not to overheat, but those costumes coupled with how close they must all be standing and the lights, WHEW it's amazing how most made it out fine. Good thing the stage managers are always on it and take care of it quickly before most would notice.

I noticed the same thing when we went in 2018! It was kind of scary to see, but the stage managers must be watching really closely for that.

Anyways, back to who I really was here for. The celebrity guest narrator tonight, in cased you missed it before, was but Disney Legend, Ming-Na Wen! Also, known as the voice of MULAN!

OMG that is incredible. I'm so jealous!

These two days, Galaxy's Edge was closed off to the public.

I don't think I knew that happened--it makes a lot of sense though, and was probably a bit of a relief for y'all as you got ready for the opening.

I had to split off from everyone since many didn't live in Vista that stayed until the end. I was giving big hugs to everyone thinking of the possibility I wouldn't have another chance to say goodbye before many of their programs ended. This statement mostly being directed at Cassidy and Claire since they both left essentially right after the New Year. Again, sad days but happy memories.

What a fun way to say goodbye, though! The pictures are great! :)

he had such a fun energy and just seemed to be living her best life. NPH was similar, but he's more dry humor, she was boundless joy. I feel honored to have seen both of them.
I've always been jealous of those who've gotten to see NPH for the Candlelight Processional; however, my best narrator yet was John Stamos!! My Mom and I attended on our first Christmas trip in 2005, just the two of us, and he was absolute perfection!

Your long days (and weeks!) on planet sound exhausting, but it's so awesome you were able to attend the formal despite working so much. I'm sad you didn't get to meet the characters, but it sure looks like you had a blast. And you cracked me up with your "dad outfit" comment. You look adorable! It would only be a Dad outfit if you added a fresh out of the box pair of white new balance gym shoes!!!!

THIS. I get chills when I listen to both of them. Which is often lol

I love that for you.

I noticed the same thing when we went in 2018! It was kind of scary to see, but the stage managers must be watching really closely for that.

It's so common I'm sure. I know what it is like to sing under stage lights in a suit so they know.

OMG that is incredible. I'm so jealous!

It was so cool and I just adore her more than I ever thought I would.

I don't think I knew that happened--it makes a lot of sense though, and was probably a bit of a relief for y'all as you got ready for the opening.

I mean I didn't know until week of so the public knowing was probably minimal to nothing. I know the media event on the 4th was probably known.

What a fun way to say goodbye, though! The pictures are great! :)

Such a good time and thank you!

I've always been jealous of those who've gotten to see NPH for the Candlelight Processional; however, my best narrator yet was John Stamos!! My Mom and I attended on our first Christmas trip in 2005, just the two of us, and he was absolute perfection!

NPH is so used to hosting, he just comes off so natural. I would die to see John Stamos. I'm sure he's a good time too. I feel like they'd have very similar sense of humors.

Your long days (and weeks!) on planet sound exhausting, but it's so awesome you were able to attend the formal despite working so much. I'm sad you didn't get to meet the characters, but it sure looks like you had a blast. And you cracked me up with your "dad outfit" comment. You look adorable! It would only be a Dad outfit if you added a fresh out of the box pair of white new balance gym shoes!!!!

OMG, TRUE!!! It still looked like I had just gotten home from a day at the office lol Which technically I did so I guess it makes sense. And yeah, it was rough, but I don't regret any of that exhaustion. I was living the dream even if the dream was physically debilitating lol

Rian Johnson Is A GOD Amongst Us Humans
12/6 – 12/10/19: Post-Work Libations & Knives Out!

December 6th & 7th, 2019

Back to struggling to uncover the insignificant work weeks where I literally made zero notes on what I did. I know I probably was rushing to catch up on things after a point since I was so busy, but gosh if only I had more ways to figure out what happened. I am so sorry, I am the worst TR writer and bless you for making it this far with me. I promise this is the last big month and then we're done. We'll wrap this up.

But we're not there yet so let's get through this. My one note on the 6th is that there was a wine night that happened on this date. I'm not positive but I seem to think I came home and had wine on this day so I'm gonna assume that is the tea. Probably for good reason. The 7th, I'm not sure what happened but nothing was noted so I'm guessing it was a pretty good work day. Yay!

Ok, moving on...

December 8th, 2019

On this day, I believe I managed to get off early enough to go to Jellyrolls. I'm not quite sure of the specifics but I know that happened and I know there was major pregaming because I believe I was certifiably uh loosened up as were my friends by the end of this one. This might've been the night that I hung out with Aspen and we met up with Kevin and his boyfriend, Joey. Again, I'm not positive. I just know I went to work, went home with Aspen, changed and then went to Jellyrolls for a really fun time in which I had to make sure nobody caused any problems for Disney security.

Here's one video from that night where they played "You Got A Friend In Me", which I believe they did a lot since CPs were leaving relatively soon at this point. As I will say many times before and many times again now, sad days but happy memories.

Click to watch!

I'm also recalling that one of Kevin's friends was really REALLY cute and I just wanted to hide in a corner. Yup, can't deal with men. Let's jump ahead on this one, shall we?

December 9th, 2019

Another day where I'm not sure of what happened on this evening. I'm pretty sure this was the night that our coordinator Mary had worked in Savi's since Rise had opened and after hearing about the cast photos we had been taking lately, she wanted one. This time, we were inside the workshop. A lot of familiar faces from the Rise night, but some new ones. What a motley crew.

I also know I did go to sleep this evening as evidenced by this photo which originally had Instagram playing a segment of Taylor Swift's "Long Live." Interpret that as you will.

December 10th, 2019

Today was, it seems, an early morning on-planet for me. One of the first I had had in awhile so it was a struggle. Around this time though, people were finding out that Rise was doing Test-and-Adjust before park open so some merch cast members, if they clocked in early enough, were getting to ride. I believe my fingers were tightly crossed on this morning for that.

Of course, that was to no avail. I came in right as the park opened so I immediately went to work. No lucky ride on Rise this day. Don't worry, I eventually did, but it was much much later on. MUCH later on.

I got off fairly early on this day. It was a pretty difficult day from what I remember so I went straight home and took a nice little cat nap. My body just was not adjusted for a morning shift. I was used to being up late and sleeping fairly well into the afternoon so I needed that.

Once I woke up, I decided to go to Springs on a whim. I needed to not feel like I wasted a day.

While I waited for the bus and was on it, I found a time to see Knives Out, the new Rian Johnson film that was the big buzz at the time. Kinda outdid Frozen 2 even. I have mad respect for him as a screenwriter and really don't think he deserved the backlash he got for The Last Jedi (which has since become my favorite of all the Star Wars films) so I was excited to see him doing his own thing.

I had time beforehand so I did a little bit of wandering.

Click to BOOMERANG!

Click to watch!

Eventually, I found myself in the Marketplace Co-Op where I let my Mandalorian feels get the best of me and created this cute little phone case.

I didn't end up purchasing it, but that would've been so cute. But now I have my new iPhone and the most precious Gizmo phone case so one of my two sons to show off at least.

I kept on wandering around, just wasting time as one does in a shopping mall. I don't believe I went into the Christmas Tree trail on this night though.

Click to watch!

I think that was the first time I had seen the volcano erupt up close. Super cool. Rainforest Cafe really went the whole nine yards with their Springs location.

Eventually, I was feeling hungry so I went over to the Frontera Cocina pick-up window and got myself an order of tacos.

So so good. I love my little hidden gem over here that also gives cast discounts, even on the alcohol. Big thumbs up to that!

After I finished my tacos, it was about time for Knives Out so I headed on over to AMC.

And omg I still am not over how amazing this movie was. I knew the cast was great but I didn't realize how great. Christopher Plummer, Toni Collette, Jamie Lee Curtis, Michael Shannon, Lakeith Stanfield, CHRIS EVANS... Oh it was so good, so funny. And the storyline. The writing. Airtight. It's one you can watch again and again because there are so many hidden details. You could tell Rian Johnson really thought this one through. I even watched a little Vogue video he did talking about certain scenes and UGH HE'S SO BRILLIANT. If you have not seen it yet, I highly recommend it.

It was pretty funny though after seeing it, I ran into Kristen and Brooks, two of my co-workers who ended up dating for a time on one of their first dates. It was a wild discovery.

I bounced pretty quickly after the showing and obviously they were doing their own thing. I was already pretty tired, but Knives Out woke me up and had me HOOKED.

I was very ready to go home though. Unfortunately, I got stuck behind this sloth like crowd on the way to the bus stop.

Click to watch!

Quoting a little Miranda Priestly there. I didn't want to expose people by showing faces, but gosh slow people IRK ME. I'm a really fast walker and when you are not only a slow walker but a group of them who takes up a whole pathway... it's a huge pet peeve of mine. HUGE.

They did move over eventually but I literally was behind them up until they got to the elevator at the other side. Good grief.

I believe I booked it from there to the bus, making it just in time and then struggled to stay awake on the ride home. But yeah, I was ready for some real sleep. I was glad to have gone out to see Knives Out but a bed seemed very very nice at this point. VERY nice.

Continue Here

Last edited:
I GOT TO MEET CHRISTMAS DUFFY!!!
12/11/19: DCP Service Celebration & SWGE Cast Meet-Up!

It was now down to the last few weeks for most CPs until their programs ended. When I say, sad days happy memories, that is the epitome of this update. With that in mind, that means today was technically what DCP Housing would call a "Service Celebration", what Disneyland CP Housing would call "End of Program Celebration" and what us actual CPs call "DCP graduation." Yup, it had arrived and as look would have it I was off on the days offered. Yes, they do tend to offer two days for it and it's not always guaranteed you will be off like they do over at Disneyland. I've been lucky enough to have it off all of my programs without having to trade for it. Some not so much.

We're gonna look at the positives here so I get to share with you my experience on this here day!

The Service Celebrations at WDW are held at Chatham, just like with the Welcome Events and other special events. I didn't make it to as many as I did on my first program where I went to quite a few so it had been a minute but I was back.

They have the nice little walkway set up at the entrance to the back fields and then they have a table where they check your ID and hand you your Graduation Ears. On my previous two programs, you usually received your Ears as well as a Memory Box to put mementos and such in. Unfortunately, they discontinued that which made me very sad. I honestly cherish my two from my past two programs more than the ears. I collect a lot of what some would call "silly" stuff that holds a lot of sentiment for me. If you couldn't tell, I'm pretty sentimental about things, which has made me lowkey a hoarder of stuff that could easily be thrown away. I've been trying to figure out ways to house what would've gone in the Memory Box I assumed I would get, but no such luck so far.

I had my ears though and I was ready to celebrate the accomplishment of another CP under my belt.

Normally, I'd go directly to the massive line that led to where Mickey and Minnie were meeting in their graduation gear. However, I met them twice before (in two different colorings of graduation gowns) so I decided it was fine if I were to skip them this time. Instead, I saw who was hanging out at the back pavilion and bolted that way almost immediately.

At WDW, they tend to mix up who meets along with Mickey and Minnie at the graduation. On my first program, they had Pluto and Goofy then probably the coolest M&G I've had which was DUMBO. Yeah, Dumbo met, it was crazy and I doubt they'd do it again considering the issues they had with that, but they always seem to throw in a real cool rare character to meet. I also know of them having done all Three Caballeros the program after mine. Again, it's pretty cool.

This time, they ended up doing a more holiday themed set of extra M&Gs. One was Chip and Dale in winter gear by the pool, but at the back pavilion they had a special little bear who represents every hope and dream I have for post-DCP life.

I kinda gave it away in the title so I'll just jump to the photos here where you can clearly see how much I was losing my mind over this Disney bear.

Indeed, right off the bat, I went to go meet Duffy in his cute little Santa outfit. If you don't know, I am OBSESSED with Duffy and friends. I used to be in the crowd that didn't understand his purpose, but now I just love him. He used to meet in the parks back in my early days, but I never met him even if he didn't have any line and I've always regretted it so this was literally a mini-dream come true.

It also just felt like a sign to me. If you didn't know, Duffy's popularity at the Asia parks is HUGE and if you know me, you know it is my dream to visit them. Duffy's story also is representative of wanderlust and travel. His story follows that of Mickey going on a trip to explore the world so Minnie gives him a bear to keep with him and that bear is Duffy. Duffy travels with him everywhere and over time has made very many friends such as Gelatoni, Stella Lou, Shellie May and the list has been growing and growing. It is the most adorable franchise with the most adorable merchandise that really is only sold in the Asia parks. But in short, he represents so much of what I want to do in the future in terms of travel and Disney. It was really special meeting him, I basically told him all of this and him and his attendants were so sweet about it. A+ choice for surprise character here, even if Duffy had very little line.

After meeting Duffy, I decided to go get some food. They had some special barbecue catering I believe on this day. I can't remember exactly but they really loaded you up, which was perfect for me since I had lots of plans for this day. I believe I ended up sitting with my roommates for a bit who came to the event after me then I was on my lonesome where in trying to cut some meet ended up flinging it at some poor girl. Not my finest moment there. I was mostly by myself today since most of my friends didn't coordinate with me so I didn't end up seeing them. I did run into some people like Jenna, Colsen and Rachel along with Rowan, one of Dina's close friends whom we both worked with. Plenty others, but nobody who really stuck around with me.

After I finished my food, I decided to go hit up the other M&G that wasn't the bosses. This was Chip and Dale who had been put on the pool deck. They had a bit of a longer line, which almost closed right before I got there so I timed it perfectly well. Unfortunately, it also meant that the two munks had to go on a little nut break.

Click to watch!

It was then some people I was in line with were having mad Karen moments. They were genuinely getting pissed about them going on break. I was BESIDE myself watching this happen. You'd think cast members would not get upset about things that guest would get upset about with them on the daily, but NOPE. People were mad that Chip and Dale were going on break, as they do in the parks. The entitlement of some CPs, I swear. I guess it goes to show that just because you're a cast member, it doesn't exempt you from being an inconsiderate person.

This did result in many getting out of line in big huffs, which the attendant just gave a look at, which made me giggle a bit. It was too funny. Not long after they left, the chippies had returned and they moved through the line really fast. Not to mention, they were so wonderful with everyone. I was loving seeing other people meet them as much as meeting them myself, which came amidst many "hug and photo" moments, but we know that's not how it works for me. Nuh-uh, I like to have fun.

Click to watch!

When I tell you this was the most precious meet ever, I'm not lying. It was just so adorable. Basically after the hugs, I had to compliment them on their winter wear and telling them it was perfect since it was getting cold out. That I'd have to use their mittens when I go to work. In response, they started to warm my hands. They also kind fought over who got to do it which is why Chip started first and then Dale joined in, then Chip stopped but Dale was still going for a bit. It was so funny. Even when I hugged them goodbye, they wouldn't let me leave. It was the best and the attendants could not handle it as did the people in line behind me who stopped me after the meet. Honestly, the sweetest thing. I love those munks so freakin much, I can't even tell you. Two perfect meets at the housing event, I couldn't have asked for better.

After I got out of line with them, I might've gone back over to the food area since I believe they had a seconds call and I got myself another drink. Then, I decided to head out. I considered taking a picture with their 2019 balloon photo op but just got a quick one from a distance in between people getting their own.

And then I walked out as Happily Ever After played in the background...

On my way out, I happened upon an AC servicing company that had a major typo on the car. It was so egregious I had to laugh and make a comment on my snap story.

I could've done a better job and I never even studied graphic design. Grammar and spelling is still important to remember when advertising a business lol

I immediately went out to the busses. I had to get my ears embroidered so I was gonna catch the bus to MK. I ended up running into Rowan who had changed and was headed to work. We talked for a bit and our busses came at around the same time so it was the perfect way to pass our time waiting.

The MK bus ended up being really packed. Everyone was going to Magic Kingdom either for work or to play at this time so it was packed. Luckily, I was smart and bounced off pretty early. I can't remember if I got off at the Poly or Wilderness Lodge, but soon enough I was walking through the gates into Magic Kingdom.

First, I was on a mission to recreate this image from my first program.

Most CPs do a hat throwing boomerang back at housing, I take a jumping photo with my grad cap in front of the castle. Chanel vs. Wal Mart, ya know (and yes, I am Chanel). Unfortunately, it wasn't nearly as nice out as when I took the original photo nor was the Photopass I found in that spot the most excitable person, but we managed to pull off a near exact recreation of that first photo.

I also came to the realization that I apparently changed the way in which I parted my hair for styling. Interesting. Not to mention, my sense of fashion was way way better. I still look cute in both, but I looked way nicer this time around. It was a cool tradition I had with that.

After that, I went on over to the Chapeau to go get the embroidery. Unlike Disneyland, Disney World is way more familiar with this DCP tradition so they are very quick to do it. Again, no discount on this even if they used to do this for free at the housing events but the program has grown so much they don't. But nonetheless, I still made a point to have my name and program on the hat. They said it would be done in half an hour so I decided to just enjoy Main Street for a bit.

The Dapper Dans just so happened to have popped out about that time so I went to go watch them out in front of the Emporium.

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

I also went on up to the castle and having been really infatuated with the sparkle filter on instagram today took a full circle look at the hub area with it on. It looked pretty cool in my honest opinion.

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

It was after standing there and enjoying the loop, letting time pass without a care in the world that I realized that my ears were probably ready so I headed on back over to the Chapeau. At first, I kinda wandered the store since I couldn't see my ears on the shelf so I assumed they weren't done. Then I remembered they have to put them in a drawer since the ears with the tassel are a DCP exclusive so displaying it to guests can cause issues. I went up, showed my receipt and got my new ears in one fell swoop. The embroidery was super cute and the cast members were so sweet.

With that, I left and took a quick photo of the latest addition to my collection. The final addition in the end.

My day wasn't over just yet. I had some plans with my fellow Batuuans this evening over in Disney Springs so I headed directly from MK thattaways.

Continue Here

Last edited:
The One In Which We Did The NBA Experience And LIKED IT?
12/11/19: DCP Service Celebration & SWGE Cast Meet-Up!

Not long after the CP scavenger hunt event happened at Magic Kingdom, Joanna and another leader of mine, Jade, decided to host a meet-up for all SWGE CMs in Disney Springs. Luckily enough, this so happened to fall on the day of the service celebration so it almost made the day a two-parter for me.

When I got to Springs, I immediately stumbled upon a group of us already forming near where The Daily Poutine and Uniqlo are. No leaders in sight. We all just waited and talked with me being the only one not in casual Christmas gear. It was getting cold about now so I had a sweatshirt on over my graduation outfit and my ears always precariously perched on my head, but in no fear of falling off. Eventually, Joanna showed up and Jade not long after with the rest of the crew. We also happened to meet the VP of Disney Springs. He was super friendly, although I embarrassed myself in front of him, which is fine typical me.

The meet-up was mostly to go enjoy the Christmas Tree trail so we started to head on over. However, we happened by the Starbucks location that's attached to WoD and I needed a warm drink badly so I hopped in line leading to half the group there getting in with me. Truly a trendsetter I am.

I somehow didn't take a photo of my drink, but I believe I got that White Chocolate Mocha or whatever that I got last time I was in Springs. It was super good and gave me the needed energy to really enjoy this night without hitting a wall too early.

Then, we all made the big move down towards the Christmas Tree Trail. Before we went in, I believe we took a group photo in front of the tree out front, but it didn't come out great so I sadly don't know where that photo is. We did take that and then went on in. It was pretty crowded in there so it was a bit of a clustermess trying to move through. We kinda all paired off, but then eventually we all ended up back together at the Star Wars tree so OBVIOUSLY, we had to take a photo with all of us in front of it.

This was also accented by the fact Tessa and her fiancé brought their red and green sabers to hold up in the background. It's definitely up there with some of my favorite cast photos I've taken.

We didn't spend much time because it really was crazy crowded so we were in and out. Most everyone kinda felt that was a weird way to begin and end a meet-up so we decided that maybe we'd do something later. We all ran through suggestions than we finally settled on going to do the NBA experience later. Until then, we could do whatever. I went off with Rachel, Jenna and Colsen since we all needed the bathroom and food. Some people went to go get drinks. Others to play around, but we all made an agreement to meet back up at NBA.

After a much needed bathroom break, I believe I might've gone to Earl but part of me thinks that I really wasn't that hungry. Instead, I ended up at Sprinkles though since a cupcake sounded PERFECT at that moment. I decided to use the little Cupcake ATM since I never used it before and it literally is the cutest thing ever. I mean, it sings to you!

I ended up finding a really cute Christmas cupcake that they offered so obviously I had to get that and it came in the cutest packaging which made it ten times better.

Click to watch!

This was the Christmas Cookie Cupcake they only offer at this time of year and OMG it was DELICIOUS. Very rich but so good. Along with the basic cupcake aspects, it also had a candy cane cookie on top with some cookies baked into the cupcake. I didn't finish it but WOW it was heavenly. I believe one of the crew I was with also got it then someone else got some chips and guac from the pick-up window at Frontera Cocina, which they let us munch on a little.

We walked through some shops and such, did whatever we could to pass the time for finally deciding to go to the NBA experience. We weren't the first people there and everyone was just waiting around. Some people had worked earlier that day so talking about that became a discussion until Joanna and Jade finally got back to us. We then tried to configure how to go into the NBA Experience. We all knew we could get in for free as Cast Members, but it was a process from what we heard, a waiver signing so someone ended up going in and talking to a CM inside to figure out how we could do it. We ended up grouping up with the leaders and just had waivers grouped off to us then went down the line with scanning our main gates. It was a bit of a mess but we all eventually made it inside.

I don't have very many photos from this, but it was honestly really fun. I know many poke fun at it, but we all ended up having a lot of fun. I never got to do DisneyQuest before it so I couldn't speak to comparisons, although I'm sure DisneyQuest made more sense than NBA but it was fun. There were photo ops, basketball related games, short film viewings, trivia, tutorial style experiences, etc. We had a blast and the cast members there loved our energy. Most of us weren't big into basketball, but we easily could've been converted after this. It was such a fun time and it was quite the workout too. So much so my knee started to act up which was not fun, but everyone hit their breaking point around the same time so I was able to rest it off when we all left. I'm not sure I'd go back having to pay for it (and if I recall it's not staying??) but for free, what a fun time.

Here are some photos and videos from the night Galaxy's Edge took over the NBA Experience, apologies for some of the weird editing:

Click to watch!

We then decided that we'd officially end our meet-up and we all split off. I was still feeling energized as were my co-workers, Matt and Dayzee, so we stuck together to go visit DisneyStyle, which was one of Matt's old work locations. Matt wanted to go in to check out a 90s style spirit jersey while I became obsessed with an Epcot onesie.

Likewise, we had to try it on before purchasing and both of us equally became obsessed with the dressing rooms there! They literally feel like they were plucked out of one of the old Mary Kate & Ashley specials from way back when. If you know, you know. I had to take a photo of myself with the onesie on because the lighting and aesthetic just complimented everything so well.

We then had the idea to do a boomerang of Matt and I opening the doors like we were in some montage sequence where we were trying on new outfits. It took a few tries to get it decent, but it ended up pretty cute and funny either way.

Click to BOOMERANG!

Long story short, we did end up buying both. Once we had bought them though, Dayzee and Matt call it quits so I was back on my own for the evening.

Not for long though since Zach (@AMusicLifeForMe) texted me asking if I was still in Springs. I said I was so we decided to meet up at WoD to do a little Christmas shopping. I still hadn't bought any gifts for my family so this was the perfect time, especially having a second eye to give me opinions. Two brains are better than one.

It also gave me a reason to celebrate the anniversary of my favorite film. Happy 10 years to my froggy princess!

In the end, I ended up getting my mom a set of cheese knives for all her own little wine nights, I got my dad some silly Disney socks (better to get him joke gifts then a serious one), my sister, Siobhan, I got a few shot glasses since she was gonna be 21 soon and my youngest sister, Alyssa, I got a large Starbucks tumbler that had all the parks represented on it. When we checked out, I had them all shipped directly from WoD. I luckily caught them on the last night they could do it in time for Christmas arrival so that was a positive, although I wasn't gonna be too upset if it didn't make it in time, but it did and everything was intact. Also, my entire family has found great use for all of their gifts so for someone who has a history of being a terrible gift giver (like infamously so), I did a pretty good job this Christmas.

Once we were both done, we headed out and were just about to go when Jenna & co. walked past asking if I needed a ride. Zach had offered, but it was a bit of his way compared to those already living in housing so I split off from him and headed home with them.

When they dropped me off at Vista and I got home, I quickly realized something was missing. I looked everywhere, but it was gone. MY STAR WARS GALAXY'S EDGE OPENING DAY CAST MAGIC BAND HAD BEEN LOST. Yup, this was the night that it happened. The night that I hung out with my SWGE cast, I lost the Magic Band that connected me to all of them. I immediately put in for a lost-and-found request that night at Springs, but that came up with nothing as did the one I put in at Housing later on. I even messaged Colsen who drove me home that night to look around his car but even he found NOTHING.

I don't know what could've happened. It did pop off on occasion, but usually I noticed it or could feel it, it would fit pretty tightly on me. Somehow I missed it and now it was gone forever. I still have the box it went in, but it has been empty ever since. What a sad way to end such a good day. Nonetheless, it was a good day and losing it almost felt appropriate all things considered. Still, I really wish I still had it. The worst thing to lose.

Continue Here

Last edited:
This angers me SO much!! In the words of my Grandma, "Walk with a purpose people!!!" If you want to stroll along aimlessly, stay to the right.

Oh, Duffy!! He holds a very special place in my heart as the first character Jimmy met on his very first Disney World trip in 2011. I was so sad when he stopped meeting, and then overjoyed to the point of tears when I saw him during the runDisney 10K race I did. I know runners are supposed to quickly pop in, smile for the pic, and get going, but I couldn't help coming in for a great big hug!! So glad you got to meet this very special bear!

This is pure JOY!

When they dropped me off at Vista and I got home, I quickly realized something was missing. I looked everywhere, but it was gone. MY STAR WARS GALAXY'S EDGE OPENING DAY CAST MAGIC BAND HAD BEEN LOST.
I was JUST thinking about this because I noticed it on your wrist in one of the pics in these updates....it had me thinking, "wait a second, I thought he lost that." I'm sad all over again hearing about it :(

When I tell you this was the most precious meet ever, I'm not lying. It was just so adorable. Basically after the hugs, I had to compliment them on their winter wear and telling them it was perfect since it was getting cold out. That I'd have to use their mittens when I go to work. In response, they started to warm my hands. They also kind fought over who got to do it which is why Chip started first and then Dale joined in, then Chip stopped but Dale was still going for a bit. It was so funny. Even when I hugged them goodbye, they wouldn't let me leave. It was the best and the attendants could not handle it as did the people in line behind me who stopped me after the meet. Honestly, the sweetest thing. I love those munks so freakin much, I can't even tell you. Two perfect meets at the housing event, I couldn't have asked for better.
I just love those outfits so much! And I don't even think Santa Duffy meets in Asia!
Unfortunately, it wasn't nearly as nice out as when I took the original photo nor was the Photopass I found in that spot the most excitable person, but we managed to pull off a near exact recreation of that first photo.

So awesome! And added by the guy in the background flashing the peace sign!
I don't have very many photos from this, but it was honestly really fun. I know many poke fun at it, but we all ended up having a lot of fun. I never got to do DisneyQuest before it so I couldn't speak to comparisons, although I'm sure DisneyQuest made more sense than NBA but it was fun. There were photo ops, basketball related games, short film viewings, trivia, tutorial style experiences, etc. We had a blast and the cast members there loved our energy. Most of us weren't big into basketball, but we easily could've been converted after this. It was such a fun time and it was quite the workout too. So much so my knee started to act up which was not fun, but everyone hit their breaking point around the same time so I was able to rest it off when we all left. I'm not sure I'd go back having to pay for it (and if I recall it's not staying??) but for free, what a fun time.
It seems fun enough but way too overpriced and not enough repeatability factor!
When they dropped me off at Vista and I got home, I quickly realized something was missing. I looked everywhere, but it was gone. MY STAR WARS GALAXY'S EDGE OPENING DAY CAST MAGIC BAND HAD BEEN LOST. Yup, this was the night that it happened. The night that I hung out with my SWGE cast, I lost the Magic Band that connected me to all of them. I immediately put in for a lost-and-found request that night at Springs, but that came up with nothing as did the one I put in at Housing later on. I even messaged Colsen who drove me home that night to look around his car but even he found NOTHING.
I'm so sad!

I'm still bummed you lost your SWGE magic band... I wonder if you lost it in the changing room... Either way, it's gone to a land far, far away... 😭

Me too. The other day some non-opening day SWGE cast were talking about buying it off eBay (resellers everywhere) and it made me sad that people can do that. Again, I kept the box and it's still listed on my MDE so her ghost lingers along with her being in a few photos, but gosh I want her back.

Also, I did still have it on when I got to WoD since I remember Zach and I talking about it so again... no clue where it went.

This angers me SO much!! In the words of my Grandma, "Walk with a purpose people!!!" If you want to stroll along aimlessly, stay to the right.

SERIOUSLY. Again, I'm an obscenely fast walker, which is wild considering all my knee and ankle problems I've had, but c'mon. If I'm on my phone and walking or multitasking, I will move off to the side as best I can.

Oh, Duffy!! He holds a very special place in my heart as the first character Jimmy met on his very first Disney World trip in 2011. I was so sad when he stopped meeting, and then overjoyed to the point of tears when I saw him during the runDisney 10K race I did. I know runners are supposed to quickly pop in, smile for the pic, and get going, but I couldn't help coming in for a great big hug!! So glad you got to meet this very special bear!

Awww, I love that. What a special memory. Also, how can you NOT want to give him the biggest longest hug ever? They expected you to just photo-and-go... nah, fam, that ain't it.

This is pure JOY!

I love those Chippys so so much :goodvibes

I was JUST thinking about this because I noticed it on your wrist in one of the pics in these updates....it had me thinking, "wait a second, I thought he lost that." I'm sad all over again hearing about it :(

Yup, this was when I lost it. I mentioned that I lost it when I got it, but this was actually when I lost it. If only whoever found it would turn it in. It's still listed as lost on my MDE so nobody could actually use it. I just want it back where it will go back in its box and never be used again lol

I just love those outfits so much! And I don't even think Santa Duffy meets in Asia!

Omg, really? Wow, I really lucked out. Still need to meet them over there. ALL of them (especially Stella Lou).

So awesome! And added by the guy in the background flashing the peace sign!

Lol I didn't notice that until I posted it on here since he got cropped out when I posted it on Instagram. Truly legendaric.

It seems fun enough but way too overpriced and not enough repeatability factor!

Yeah, I'd never go knowing I'd have to pay. If it was still free for cast, I'd go back.

I'm so sad!

Me too. I just want it back. Whoever has it can't use it. I just want to look at it again. *sad sigh*

We'll Call This Star Wars Re-Watch... Self-Care
12/12 - 12/19/19: Ale House, Disney Springs, etc.

December 12th, 2019

I didn't exactly go back to work in the best mood since I lost my prized Magic Band. It had me pretty bummed. I tried to rejuvenate myself, but I could only fake it until I made it. When I got to work, Colsen was there and he offered to give me his, but I declined. I couldn't take someone else's. I just couldn't.

I'm guessing work was fine. I mean I got home and decided to play around in the new Epcot onesie I bought the night before.

I assume I went to bed much happier on this night.

December 13th & 14th, 2019

The 13th seemed to be another work day that has blended into the others. Not much to say unfortunately. It was the holidays and things were hard.

This leads me into the 14th which was the first time this program I went to Ale House after work. I went there once or twice back during my program, but hadn't been back since. Every time someone had offered to do it, I was either off or couldn't stay out late due to my work schedule. Today however, I was able to go. Ed drove Dina and I there. We also ran into our co-worker Amalia who both of us barely got to see. We also met her boyfriend at the time (now ex). She was leaving the company soon so it was good seeing her.

Dina and I were basically on the same page at this little gathering since we both ended up ordering full pitchers of Sangria to kick off our meal. Dina might've had two. I however only needed the one. The Sangria wasn't super strong, but it was so refreshing.

Click to BOOMERANG!

Then, I got the classic Zinger Mountain Melt. Zingers are basically a Central Florida classic because of Miller's Ale House. If you ever get a chance, you have to stop by one and try it. It's GOOD.

I won't explain much more on that because it's not something you really need to dissect. Just know it's a must-do for an Orlando visit.

After I devoured the Zingers, I was full enough to keel over right there. Ed drove me back to Vista while Dina drove in someone else's car to Patterson, thus ending the evening. Nothing like stuffing yourself to exhaustion with friends/co-workers to end the day.

December 15th, 2019

Apparently I might've overshot when I went back to one day off a week because apparently I still had two days off since I believe I was off today. It might be once the CPs started leaving following the New Year that I was back to one day a week. I don't know we shall see.

Anyways, I was very much tired from the days prior so I slept in quite late. When I woke up, Dina asked if I wanted to go see a movie in Springs so I decided to meet up with her later in the day.

There might've been a park beforehand but I have no photos from that excursion so I'm just gonna assume my day officially began at Springs.

I took the time to continue my search for Magic Band before Dina got there but that didn't really go anywhere. Eventually, I decided some Toasted White Chocolate Mocha seemed like the way to go on this day so I mobile ordered that.

Not long after that, Dina finally met up with me with one of her new roommates. Again, it was the end of a season so various programs were coming and going. The new ICPs were arriving, the old ones were leaving, domestic CPs were leaving in a week or two... it was all happening. She didn't stick with us for too too long since she had to go to work, but she walked around with us, window shopping and such.

Eventually, we ended up at the Frontera Cocina window where I introduced Dina to my favorite hidden gem spot. I believe we indulged in some margaritas as well as some more tacos. She agreed it was fantastic and now was gonna infiltrate on my little secret spot lol

Her new roommate then had to run to go get to work. We said goodbye as we both tried to figure out what to go see and at what time. We did eventually agree on going to see Knives Out, which would be a second time for me, as much as I had hoped to see A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood, the Mr. Rogers biopic starring Tom Hanks. (Still haven't seen that one.) I told her I was more than happy to watch again since I feel there was a lot I missed the first round and I loved it the first round.

I'm not sure what we did to pass the time in-between, but we headed over and Dina showed me a shortcut through AMC where you can go into the regular theater area by way of the Dine-In side. I never knew you could do that. I ended up using that a lot for when I left and needed to get to the bus quick. It was truly a blessing knowing about this. Everyone say, "Thank you Dina!"

Anyways, Knives Out was just as great if not better the second time. Dina agreed it is a masterpiece and so well done in every way possible. Again, if you haven't, SEE KNIVES OUT WHILE IN QUARANTINE. If you have to pay for it, DO IT! It's worth it.

After we got out, Dina invited me to join her and her friend for some "water ice" which I eventually came to discover was Italian Ice. There is a place nearby that sells it called Rita's and they had a crazy amount of coupons for it. Not to mention, they give CM and CP discounts so how could I say no?

The place was definitely very different than I normally am used to with Italian Ice since they mix it with Custard but it was pretty good. The lady who works there was also super friendly and let me test out a few flavors before I picked one out. I believe she ended up giving it to me for free. Dina and her friend were regulars so she was being extra nice. I sadly never got a chance to go back to Rita's, but this one visit was one that has me wanting to go back. I didn't take any photos so I can't tell you what I got there, but it was some really good Italian Ice.

We also made a stop at McDonald's where the night kinda went sour. I'm not gonna go into detail, but people were very much not too happy with each other and led to some not-great conversations for everyone on later dates. The night ended after that though and we're adults so it was all good.

December 16th, 17th, 18th & 19th

It was back to another long period of work. However, this work week was a countdown to the release of Rise of Skywalker! Even though I was working, I was on a massive re-watch of all the films (might've started earlier than this period exactly). I did them in chronological order to prep instead of release order (which if you are watching them for the first time, watch them in release order which is Episodes IV, V, VI, I, II, III, VII, VIII.) I also managed to include Solo and Rogue One in this re-watch. It was a whole undertaking and involved me showing up to work many times in the middle of an episode. The Phantom Menace in particular was a hard watch because it's not one I really enjoy, but I watched it. It happened. I had a reason to watch it... Not sure I will be doing that willingly for a minute.

I however did really well with the re-watch since by the time I got to the 18th, I had gotten through both the original trilogy and the prequel trilogy based on this screenshot.

If you were not already aware, I love Anakin with my whole being. I know he's really not a good person, but I still love the sand-hating Jedi with all my being. Judge me.

It was also during this re-watch I fell in love with The Last Jedi. I had mixed feelings about it since seeing it in theaters, mostly because I was disappointed that there was a complete disregard for a potential romance brewing between Finn and Poe (I'm also a big StormPilot and Poe Dameron fan). Now, I love it. It's such a good film and after the re-watch, I was really hoping that due to fan backlash, RoS wouldn't just try to re-write TLJ because there was so much potential after that film (some foreshadowing for seeing it the day after the 19th).

It also got me through the ups-and-downs of working through the holidays. A distraction was necessary and something to look forward to when work was more dreaded than anything. I did get to TLJ just the day before I went to see RoS so that was fresh in my mind and I was ready to go to my second Star Wars premiere.

Stay tuned for that! I'm sure you'll be a little shocked at where I saw it hehehe

Continue Here

Last edited:
I Went To Universal In Order To See… Rise Of Skywalker?
12/20/19: Return To Universal & The Rise of Skywalker Premiere

As you can see, today was the day that I was seeing Rise of Skywalker. The day before was technically when they had the premiere, but today was the wide release and when I was seeing it so I consider the premiere for me at least. And boy, it was a weird ride getting here.

Many of my friends and co-workers had bought their tickets for RoS as soon as they dropped months ago. I however did not. I knew being a CP meant that getting that ticket could potentially be a bad investment. As much as I love Star Wars, it would not be worth calling out for or doing a mad dash trying to trade around shifts. I wanted to wait until my schedule dropped for the week that it was being released.

So that happened about two weeks prior to this, as we see our schedules two weeks out. I realized I would be off not for the pre-premiere, but on the actual day I started looking for times. Originally, I was gonna see it at Disney Springs because it made sense and they would have the whole cool set-up that they had for all the big Disney releases. However, I realized I hadn't been to Universal in a minute. Ever since HHN ended, I neglected to stop by so I thought "Why not kill two birds with one stone?" So I cancelled my Springs ticket, got my refund and put that money towards seeing RoS at the Cinemark in City Walk. I'd also never been to the Cinemark there so it would not just be my first time seeing this movie, but seeing a move in that theater. Exciting stuff.

Being that today was a return to Universal, we were back to that old HHN grind. Waking up, packing all that I needed, making sure I had all that I needed, walking out to the front of Vista to call my Uber, driving there and finally arriving atop Jurassic Park, WOOHOO!

Click to watch!

It was getting closer to the holidays so it was definitely on the busier side. When I got into CityWalk, I first made a stop at Starbucks to get myself a kickstarter for the day.

Oh and look, here's what I was seeing today! Yay!

I'll be back for you later. For now, I thought I'd stop into the Studios for a minute.

Click to BOOMERANG!

Look at all the Christmas cheer! I had to grab a map since I only had the HHN era map. Even more Christmas cheer!

Also, I love the tree they have at UO. It's so big and full. I might like it more than some of the Disney trees.

Almost upon arrival, I was immediately mourning the loss of any and all things HHN.

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

I know I'm hopeless.

As I walked by things, I quickly found out most attractions weren't at a wait that would be feasible before going to see RoS so I knew I would just be enjoying my time looking around at this point.

Lucky for me, as soon as I walked into Diagon Alley, because what better place to just walk around in, I heard a familiar voice. I slunk on over to the stage and saw that Tales of Beedle the Bard was happening with some good friends of mine up there. I found out later the story they were telling is one they rarely do. I caught it about mid-story so I'm not sure of the exact details but it was really pretty.

Enjoy some clips from how they told it.

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Clearly I was losing my mind over who I was seeing. I mean, it wasn't the first time I had run into some of my equity performer friends from SWGE, but I saw two of them in one of my favorite spots. They later posted on Facebook about how excited they were to see me so despite being as far back as I was my screeching made my presence known.

After that, I realized I had lost track of time and needed to head out to the Cinemark to make it to my showing on time. I, of course, let Snapchat know this so as to confirm a follow-up review would be coming.

Click to watch!

It was pretty quiet over at Cinemark. This was surprising to me since it was the debut of a long-awaited film, but I guess everyone must've been over at Springs instead. I mean, if you live in the area, it seems like the better choice. However, this was the more practical one for me in the end and I didn't mind it being a bit more quiet. Also, a theater to check out that I hadn't before and getting to use my AP discounts are always strong positives.

First off, I absolutely LOVED the Cinemark theaters. They are very spacious, not the lowkey claustrophobia of the AMC theaters, especially for ones hosting film premieres. You get the nice reclining seats, but they are all in their own little separate quarters so if you want to go to a movie alone, you don't have to be too conscious of everyone around you. It was really nice and it almost made configuring myself with my bag, popcorn and the like a bit easier. The only complaint is that they are also on that awful paper straw train which made it impossible to enjoy the Icee I got. I understand why they do it, but there are pros and cons so I think they should've looked for other ways to protect the environment.

Now, for my feelings on the movie. I made quite a long snapchat review post that I will share with you. They are kinda choppy and hard to understand what I'm trying to say, but I'll give you a better translation of my thoughts below the videos.

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Now over time, my feelings have gotten more negative, although I haven't re-watched but I really was disappointed by it. It basically re-wrote a lot of what The Last Jedi did rendering it non-existent. It also just ignored almost any understanding of prior plot or character development. It just did what it wanted to please the fans who hated this trilogy from day one, which is the worst type of fan service. Again, it still was fan service so it had moments that really got to me. Seeing Carrie Fisher in any capacity is gonna reduce me to a puddle even if it is weird to have them CGI her in. Not to mention, the real "ending" moments, it's impossible to be a cynic. However, some of them, I kinda looked confusedly at since it felt very reminiscent of Endgame. I also thought there were too many random plot lines throughout for no reason but to make it seem like they had put in an effort there. I did end up leaving at one point because caffeine decided to go right through me halfway through so I missed like a minute of the film, but I don't think it threw me off that much. I will give them credit for giving Ben Solo a great redemption arc, Adam Driver deserved that for being consistently the best actor in the series, but at what cost? Again, it was disappointing but it had its moments. I said I would see it in theaters again, but did I? Nope.

After my viewing, I decided to head to Islands for a bit. Along the way there, I saw this happening over by the Hard Rock Cafe.

Click to watch!

If you get the reference, you are now my new best friend.

Then, I went right on into Islands. I'm not exactly sure what I did here. Maybe I rode Hagrid's? Or Forbidden Journey? Ollivander's? Spider-Man? I just have these two videos that confirm I was mostly on the right side of the park.

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

I think that fountain is hysterical. I'm so glad that despite that area of Lost Continent being just space at this point (they're literally using the Sinbad theater as a rest spot now), they still kept him/her/them. One day I'll feel brave enough to talk with the fountain instead of standing as far away as possible as to not get wet.

I loved seeing the Whos wandering around in Seuss Landing. Cindy Lou Who out there and some more familiar faces was pretty cool. I never even knew they did that. It also reminded me that I really needed to see Grinchmas. The last showing however wasn't for a bit so I headed out and said I would try to make it back for it later.

I then went out the front of the park and walked on over back to the Studios for one major reason.

A Universal visit for me is truly not complete without seeing this once. It isn't and it had been over a month now since I last saw it so I had to make a point to see it. Needless to say, it did not disappoint.

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Click to watch!

Also, props to Marty James for finding the most attractive man in the front row, possibly in the audience. Very rarely do we get Marty instead of Mark and this time, the taste she had. Immaculate.

Fun fact about Marty, her "friend" (I don't know how Universal works with character integrity or if they have anything like that) is actually the wife of Mike Aiello aka the man who has been the head creative on HHN up until last year. In short, she's married to the equivalent of who us Disney fans would know as Joe Rohde, Tony Baxter or, with new super exciting announcements having popped up in the last 24 hours, Charita Carter. If you don't know who Charita Carter is, please look her up immediately.

Anyways, I had a blast seeing my favorite theme park show again. Even watching the videos back brings me so much joy during this quarantine.

When I got out, I decided to head over to the little store they have across from the entrance to Transformers I believe. There was an item in there that I HAD to get. I had avoided spending too much money to get it and I was finally gonna get my hands on it. Part of it being I needed more merch from this franchise, but the other part being that I also needed a throw blanket badly. I am someone who gets very cold very easily and now I had this to keep me warm.

During my Disneyland CP, I had Darth Vader to keep me warm and now I had Frankenstein's monster. Clearly I make great choices in who keeps me comforted lol

I was the only one in the store so I was in and out of there before I headed on over to ride my favorite attraction in the park!

My absolute fave and with a dropped wait time since it was starting to get close to parade time, I couldn't pass it up. I love it so so much.

Also, at the exit of it, I quickly found that they moved the Universal Monsters display that was front and center in the store at the front of the park had been put in here. I miss my monsters so so much.

Click to watch!

I can't remember exactly what happened after this, I just know that crazy parade got in my way. I was pushing my luck with Grinchmas and in my haste to find something else to do when I should've just headed over, I got stuck at a spot in the park where there was no way I could get out the front gate to bolt over to Islands to see Grinchmas. Instead, I ended up having to deal with the source of much impatience for me, the Hogwarts Express.

Click to BOOMERANG!

Click to BOOMERANG!

Don't get me wrong, it's a super cute attraction, but if I'm trying to get somewhere in a timely manner I NEVER use it. Not to mention, it had quite the wait so by the time I loaded onto the train, I was destined to be late. I still hoped for the best and once we were able to unload I booked it as quickly as I could to Seuss but it was to no avail. I had missed it. Sadness.

Oh well, I was off again in a day so maybe I'd come back and try to catch it again.

For the time being, I decided to just wander through Islands which was pretty quiet at this time since everyone was at the Studios watching the parade. I came across a gift shop in the Lost Continent that was still selling Dueling Dragons and Merlinwood merch.

Click to watch!

I rode Dueling Dragons when it was called Dragon Challenge back when my family visited me on my first program. Almost put my mother down for the count, but it was super fun and I'm always glad I at least got to do it once so seeing it still being represented gives me a little nostalgia even if I'm not in the least upset by what has since replaced it.

After that nostalgia trip in Lost Continent, I headed on over to Marvel because I remembered that they had an Auntie Anne's over there so I had to go stop by there to get me some pretzel-ly goodness. This ended up becoming something I did pretty regularly on solo trips or when I was leaving since she was EVERYWHERE. I grew up on Auntie Anne's on our mall visits when I was a kid so having it in the Universal parks was A DREAM. Disney, take notes.

I can't remember if I might've hopped into line for Spidey here or not or I just left after. I considered Hulk, but still was too nervous about riding it. Either way, I ended my night there in Marvel and headed home. The day if I recall correctly was pretty dreary and the holidays were wearing me out so toughing it through until closing just wasn't in the cards. Overall, it was great to be back UO. I missed it. I realized I missed it so much that on my next day off I was gonna hop right back over so... get ready, tons more Universal content coming your way here!

Continue Here

Last edited:
Harry Potter Was On Batuu!
12/21/19: That One Day Of Work

For a one day work period, today ended up being a pretty good day. My shifts were now being pushed until later because Studios's hours were extending due to the holidays as well as the opening of Rise. Because I had time to do so, before work I decided to watch Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald. I avoided the film before since it got off awful reviews and just lots of controversy at the time. Also, I don't support J.K. Rowling anymore, but it had been well past the time of its release and there's ways to watch it without putting money in Rowling's pocket so I took advantage of that.

This may or may not have also been as a result of my disappointment in RoS. Maybe. They also were playing Harry Potter a lot in the breakroom so I was in need of some new adventures. I really enjoyed the first Fantastic Beasts so I was happy to revisit some of those characters, especially Queenie and Newt. Legends, even if Queenie did join Grindelwald in the end.

tumblr_ojunhbCgon1saw731o1_540.gifv

At work though, they were playing some of the older Star Wars films which was great. Most of my shift it was Revenge of the Sith which is definitely in my top 3. Despite how 'meh' the first two prequels were, Revenge of the Sith made them worth it, which is really saying something. Also, dark damaged Anakin is the best Anakin.

giphy.gif

Also, we had a food truck stop by on this day. Granted, we had food trucks all the time at SWGE. My personal favorite was the Taco truck or the BBQ truck, but those visited very rarely. Today however we had the Mac N Cheese truck, which was always satisfying. You can never go wrong with Mac N Cheese.

And yes that is Sloppy Joe Mac N Cheese. Much better than you think it would be.

The shift went pretty great if you couldn't tell. Then to top it off, Dina, Kevin and I did a Taco Bell run. I mean, it really hits different after a day of working. The line however was massive so we had some waiting that resulted in much show tune belting including Dina giving us a walking alongside the car performance of "Defying Gravity." For reasons, I will not be sharing you the video but when I tell you it was incredible. It was truly incredible.

After all that, it was soon on to another day and I was returning to Universal. This time, not to see a Star Wars film since that makes no sense, BUT to try and catch Grinchmas. Stay tuned to see how that worked out!

Continue Here

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter