Third Time's a Charm PTR - May 2012 - I should give up on planning trips.

For those of us that like to plan way ahead, taking it one day at a time is very difficult. Hang in there.:hug:

Happy Birthday!!! :dance3:

So if you don't think the October trip will happen, that more than likely means the cruise isn't going to happen either huh?

Thanks, I told her today that a positive attitude wouldn't hurt.

Optimism is always best even though it is hard at times.

So if you don't think the October trip will happen, that more than likely means the cruise isn't going to happen either huh?

I know you have had a couple of false starts, but I am hoping all of your next trips will still happen. It must be hard to get too excited fearing you will be let down again, but I am hoping for the best.

If she still has the wound vac there's no way we can go on the cruise. I'll wait until September to make the decision. We have a trip to Dallas planned for September and I doubt that will happen either. It seems the only things we can count on are local things within easy driving distance.

Optimism is always best even though it is hard at times.

I know you have had a couple of false starts, but I am hoping all of your next trips will still happen. It must be hard to get too excited fearing you will be let down again, but I am hoping for the best.

I'll tell you, I have a hard time getting out of bed in the morning. I have nothing to look forward to. Plus that property in Texas has been delayed in closing escrow. We have a lot hanging financially so between that, canceling the trip, and having only my online friends really acknowledge my birthday yesterday, things seem fairly depressing. I did have a nice dinner at midnight last night, so I guess that was good.

September 11 is my 30 day cancellation cut off. I won't make the decision until then. I'm not going to let points go into holding again.

I'm needing a night somewhere on 10/13 for just a night. Has to fit 6, do you want to rent some out vs losing them? There's a 2 br at SSR available I'm sure. My room at AoA cost $300 but I'm very hesitant to stay there. Let me know if that helps at all with your current points situation?

I'll tell you, I have a hard time getting out of bed in the morning. I have nothing to look forward to. Plus that property in Texas has been delayed in closing escrow. We have a lot hanging financially so between that, canceling the trip, and having only my online friends really acknowledge my birthday yesterday, things seem fairly depressing. I did have a nice dinner at midnight last night, so I guess that was good.

:hug::(

I'm needing a night somewhere on 10/13 for just a night. Has to fit 6, do you want to rent some out vs losing them? There's a 2 br at SSR available I'm sure. My room at AoA cost $300 but I'm very hesitant to stay there. Let me know if that helps at all with your current points situation?

With our current points situation, I have 203 in holding that can only be used for something 60 days out and they expire on Sept 1st. I would jump at the chance to stay at AoA! Which theme did you pick? We would get a family suite for just the two of us. We want to stay in Cars or Nemo.

With our current points situation, I have 203 in holding that can only be used for something 60 days out and they expire on Sept 1st. I would jump at the chance to stay at AoA! Which theme did you pick? We would get a family suite for just the two of us. We want to stay in Cars or Nemo.

We chose Nemo. Chloe is super excited about staying there. My reluctance is the table that turns into a bed. :scared1: We were torn between Cars and Nemo but Nemo is one of our family's favorites. Lion King seems to me like it would be a watered down version of AKV.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

We're here and wishing that things work out for you and Fran.

I have been waiting years to be able to afford DVC and still have more years to wait. This discourages me though. If I am reading that correctly, you have to wait 60 days to book but have to travel before 09-01-12. That certainly isn't a big travel window. I still hope it works out for you but am a little less excited about DVC now.

:hug::hug::hug: you have every right to feel this way, and definitely give yourself time, but please be kind to yourself. I'm worried you'll spiral downward. Get out of the house and do something special, you deserve it.

I have been waiting years to be able to afford DVC and still have more years to wait. This discourages me though. If I am reading that correctly, you have to wait 60 days to book but have to travel before 09-01-12. That certainly isn't a big travel window. I still hope it works out for you but am a little less excited about DVC now.

I'll let Alison give all the details so I don't hijack things, but this is not how DVC normally works, this is only because she had to cancel her trip. DVC is wonderful, stay excited.

We chose Nemo. Chloe is super excited about staying there. My reluctance is the table that turns into a bed. :scared1: We were torn between Cars and Nemo but Nemo is one of our family's favorites. Lion King seems to me like it would be a watered down version of AKV.

The bed over the table is a Murphy bed that goes back into the wall. It looks cool! Did you follow my Destination-D TR? They had artist renderings there. I also saw some pics on the DIS of all the rooms and stuff.

:hug: :hug: :hug:

We're here and wishing that things work out for you and Fran.

Thanks, you guys are helping me keep my sanity! Today they changed up her treatment. They took off the wound vac, and are doing compression. By Monday she qualifies for some sort of "skin replacement". She has more wounds on her leg today than Monday.

Thanks, you guys are helping me keep my sanity! Today they changed up her treatment. They took off the wound vac, and are doing compression. By Monday she qualifies for some sort of "skin replacement". She has more wounds on her leg today than Monday.

What does compression do for it?

The bed over the table is a Murphy bed that goes back into the wall. It looks cool! Did you follow my Destination-D TR? They had artist renderings there. I also saw some pics on the DIS of all the rooms and stuff.

I recently saw some new pics in the AoA thread. The pool looks super cool and I read the food court is set to be pretty good. Thanks for the bed info. :thumbsup2 DVC has spoiled and ruined me :blush: It's only for a night and we love Nemo. I think I remember seeing your pics. All of your dinners are amazing and I'm usually in awe but recall some. ;) Your pirate dinner is the one that stands out and also the one with the spaghetti dessert.

:( :sick: Poor thing. She must be so uncomfortable. Are they saying why she's not healing?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter