Things I have never done at WDW and am determined to do this time!

This will be our 3rd trip coming up in December and I'm going to try to make myself ride Rock 'n' Roller Coaster. I hate drops - and I'm really nervous about it - but I'm going to try to get on it this time with my husband!!

Do it! There are no drops! I hate the drops too. The only coaster you need to worry about at WDW is Everest. Even Everest is not bad for a modern coaster.

My least favorite ride as far as drops are concerned at WDW is Splash Mountain. I have only ridden it a couple of times and it has never been without a fight. I'm scared of heights and I just don't do well with it.

I rode TOT for only the 2nd time last time I was there. The first time was when I was little and I have been scared to death of it since. I rode it last time and actually liked it a lot. I think it is different because I don't get the sensation I am going to flip over because I am going straight down.

Cinnamon roll is a must several times on every trip for us, usually on way out of park for the night...best breakfast ever!

That is what I tried last time but when I went in they told me they were closed for the night.

We are planning our second family trip. I think this will be my fifth trip total. My list:

MK:
Hall of Presidents
Carousel of Progress
Tiki Room
Space Mountain (was down for refurb during our 2009 trip)

Epcot:
Get my kids' reaction to Beverly (got DH's last time)
If we have time, watch the movies at the pavilions, but we will spend our time in the WS this year visiting the holiday storytellers and doing the Agent P missions.

DHS:
We only spent a half-day here last time, so we missed A LOT! Most important/fun for me would be:
TSM (was down when we went)
Beauty and the Beast
Muppets
Animation Academy
Great Movie Ride
and DH would enjoy Indiana Jones

AK:
Finding Nemo
Flights of Wonder
Expedition Everest (FP were gone last time :()
Rafiki's Planet Watch

Rent and ride the sea raycers in the Seven Seas Lagoon, and play minature golf at the WinterWonderland and Fantastia mini courses!

We did some things on our last trip we have not done in the past. Watched some of the shows, went to Rafiki's Planet Watch, and ate at some new restaurants. I just told my husband when we are there in September I want to go on the Liberty Square River Boat, go out to Tom Sawyers Island, visit The Hall of Presidents, watch the presidents show at EPCOT, and my son and husband are going to do the Segway tour of EPCOT. All things we've never done (except Tom Sawyers Island when the kids were little) - even after over 20 trips to WDW. This is my 2012 WDW bucket list!

Love this thread! :goodvibes

For the Holiday 2012 trip my small "yet accomplish-able knowing my limit" list is:

*Spaceship Earth - Really, as a youngster I refused to believe that it wasn't some horrid ski-lift style ride that us chickens couldn't bear - then on the last visit as a grownup - we were all too tired to ride!

*Norway in Epcot - I usually skipped it. I know nothing of school bread nor the caramel love nor the Maelstrom.

*Dumbo - Ok, I am not afraid of it but last time all the adults were perfectly paired with their kids and...yes, I just took their pictures. This time I RIDE!

*Cupcakes!/DOLE WHIP! - Ok would you believe I have never had either one at WDW? I know, why do I even post? :sad:

*Eating where I always wanted to when I was younger but....I wasn;t making the decisions then!

5th trip and have never gotten to ride toy story mania (too crowded).
Still contemplating HOOP-DI-DOO $$$$$
Will see Hall of Presidents with boys
Stunt car show at HWS

Great thread! For our upcoming trip, we plan to go to Hoop Dee Doo, visit the Boardwalk area, and go to the water parks :). We also try something new every visit, but have a list of must do's every year as well (like take the kids' photo behind the bars with Zurg)

My next trip (January 2013) includes:
Dessert Party for Wishes
Tequilla Cava
Toy Story Midway Mania- I have never been able to get a Fastpass

Some new things we did last trip (October 2011)
My husband played a round of golf at the Palm
He got me an In Room Celebration for my 30th Birthday
Rode the Railroad in Magic Kingdom

Always try to go to a new restaurant- and Dole Whip is a must!!

Do it! There are no drops! I hate the drops too. The only coaster you need to worry about at WDW is Everest. Even Everest is not bad for a modern coaster.

Wait, wait, wait. What do you mean RRR has no drops? How is it a roller coaster without them? I'm confused!! (And one day I will be able to ride it, I swear! Haven't been able to yet with the kids.)

I've been compiling my must-do list for awhile, and boy is it long! Christmas 2012 will be my 10th trip and......drumroll please…..... I have never ridden Tower of Terror, because quite frankly I am a chicken. So, in honor of my 10th trip to the World, I plan on dragging myself into ToT and riding without too many tears ;)

LazyDaisy said:
Wait, wait, wait. What do you mean RRR has no drops? How is it a roller coaster without them? I'm confused!! (And one day I will be able to ride it, I swear! Haven't been able to yet with the kids.)

LazyDaisy is right! RRR is my favorite ride at the World and I have probably ridden it 100 times-not a single drop on the whole ride!!

Relax on the People Mover
Toy Story Mania
Go to Karmel Kuche' (I think thats how it's spelled)lol
Watch the electrical parade.
Meet a Princess

The primary thing on my next trip will be Mission Space orange. I've read so many terrifying things about it I'm not sure I'll accomplish this.

One thing I did do the last round was Jungle Cruise after dark. It was actually unbelievable at night and definitely worth a go.

Here are my hopefuls for our September trip!!

Eat at a new restaurant we haven't tried before (Mission complete: Actually eating at 3 new ones!)
Ride Soarin
Relax for a morning in and swimming (we have NEVER done this before but I think it will be nice to take a break for a morning)
Arrive for rope drop
Stay for fireworks (I am usually exhausted and just ready to go and beat the crowds before they are over)
Stay at a new resort (Accomplished, we are staying at PORR)
Country Bear Jamboree
Either Splash Mountain or the Runaway Train (we shall see, I am terrified of splash and not too good with roller coasters but I know it would be a cool memory for DS)

We added the Waterparks and More Option. So, we will visit Disney Quest and one or both waterparks for the first time. Our big night out will be LaNouba. (And, we are staying at SSR so we are close to DTD and TL.)

Five. More. Sleeps.
:goodvibes

OK. I've made up my mind and WILL get on RRR!! Our trip isn't until December and I'm already nervous, but I'm committed!!
*must remember to pack my big girl panties*

We are going to eat breakfast at The Crystal Palace!
I am going to the Norway exhibit and ride the Maelstrom, and we are going to sit through the France movie, too.
My youngest son is taking French and I am going to make him ask for dessert at the Boulangerie Patisserie in French.

For the PP that is going to watch the Canadian film, we loved it!
I did get a little sick when I turned around to see all the screens.

Oh, I promised my DD and youngest DS I would ride TOT with them....pray for me, please!

Things still to try:
LaNouba
Disney Quest
Jungle Cruise at night
Any behind the scene tours
Teacups
Astro Orbitor
A presentation at the Food and Wine Festival
And still a few restaurants to try.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter