Thin line tween Love and Hate WDW/Halloween TR Western Oct 24-Nov 6 updated 9/27

I told you about the calendar I promised my son. After promising and promising, we finally got all the materials and got one done. This is what it looks like incomplete.

DSCN3253.jpg

And completely finished. A lot better looking than the Door of 1000's Mickey heads.
DSCN3254.jpg

We did this in the month of Sept. While we were walking around getting supplies at Walmart, he said out of no where, "Dad, I would like to get Mickey something for inviting me to his house." I was floored. It had been a few weeks and he still remembered. So as we were looking in the Birthday isle for stickers, he found a pin with a ribbon. (the one you seen in the corner of the calendar.) He told me he would give that to Mickey for the invite. What was a Dad to say but yes!:hug:

*********************​

The same person from California brought up the magic again and asked me if I was interested. I didn't know what to say.... I will leave it as this for now. When I get back from my vacation, I let you know if this supposed magic or pixie dust took place. If it does, I can tell you that it was in Oct it was suggested and I was floored. Especially, since I didn't ask for it.

*********************​

A few notes before the trip:

I look forward to having a great time with the folks I already ahve had the pleasure of talking to on the Dis.

We are NOT going to MnSsHp. After weighing out the cost of tickets and the party we chose the tickets and Sea World. It fit the budget better and I was given a pretty good deal.

There is a huge Dis outing planned in Cozumel in one of the smallest places.:laughing:

I still can't stand Halloween!:rolleyes1 Sorry, I just can't.

This PTR is over with b/c I have a ton to pack and should be in bed at this moment.

Last but not least, (I'm so rushing this part) our first stop is NOT Worlds of any kind but

Metropolis (yeah that's Superman's place):hippie:

See you real soon!

Awe man.... now you all have me saying it!

Aug

For some reason, I felt I was being a little bit obtrusive. Mostly because this person was already having a pretty heavy "workload" with our board.

It was my pleasure! Don't think twice about it! Besides "busy" back then and "busy" now are no comparison! :rotfl2:

"What is it?" he asked. Then all I heard was screaming.:goodvibes
She then then read him the note :

He was in disbelief! I could tell the excitement was finally there.

Now one more thing about this note. My son had just started 1st grade. He was learning penmanship. To which he said, mom and dad... I would like to write Mickey back!! We were a little shocked but were curious about his little mindful thoughts. I would like to write:

Dear Mickey,
I will come to your house, but first we need to work on your writing. This is NOT how we do it at school.:teacher:

Sincerely,

(his name)

I live for these moments! :thumbsup2

OMG! :rotfl: I love it! That is hilarious!!!! :rotfl2: Mickey actually practiced too, BTW! :-)lmao:)

I told you about the calendar I promised my son. After promising and promising, we finally got all the materials and got one done. This is what it looks like incomplete.

It's great! Can you believe you are on the white #1 Mickeyhead ALREADY?!?!?

A few notes before the trip:

I look forward to having a great time with the folks I already ahve had the pleasure of talking to on the Dis.

It's going to be a blast!

We are NOT going to MnSsHp. After weighing out the cost of tickets and the party we chose the tickets and Sea World. It fit the budget better and I was given a pretty good deal.

Sea World is great. And I heard on the Dis Unplugged they are doing Spooktacular (I know you listen so I'm sure you are aware), it's similar to MNSSHP with Trick -or -treating and the best thing is that it isn't a separate hard ticket event!

There is a huge Dis outing planned in Cozumel in one of the smallest places.:laughing:

I'm really loooking forward to that......WE ARE TAKING OVER THE WORLD...bwahahaha~

I still can't stand Halloween!:rolleyes1 Sorry, I just can't.

Like your title says, We'll see how you feel when all is said and done! ;)

This PTR is over with b/c I have a ton to pack and should be in bed at this moment.

Last but not least, (I'm so rushing this part) our first stop is NOT Worlds of any kind but

Metropolis (yeah that's Superman's place):hippie:

See you real soon!

Awe man.... now you all have me saying it!

Have a safe trip down, and enjoy your week! We'll see you hopefully Friday or if not Saturday! :goodvibes

woohooo have fun, cant wait to read all about it!

We are back. The family got back into to town from St Louis last night about 7 pm. SO many things to tell. We learned a lot about cruising on our first trip. The Dismeets can really make it a ton of fun. Overall, it was a great experience. DCL is in transition with all of its crew to the Dream. Rumors are true that there are some issues. I look forward to telling everyone the whole story from lost paperwork, special meets, 5star hotels, MnSsHp (yes I know I said I wouldn't go!), Hotel Hell, killer foods, Killer FOOD, crying going home and Much Much more!!! I have become a Disfan and yes a Disney one too, EVEN AFTER A MAJOR MISTAKE by some of the staff. More on that a lot later. I haven't decided how I'm going to post the WdW and DCL parts of the trip. I'm still going through about 1200 photos. Lots of food pics including... whoa.. I'm getting ahead of myself!! You'll just have to read and see.

Happy readings!!

We are back. The family got back into to town from St Louis last night about 7 pm. SO many things to tell. We learned a lot about cruising on our first trip. The Dismeets can really make it a ton of fun. Overall, it was a great experience. DCL is in transition with all of its crew to the Dream. Rumors are true that there are some issues. I look forward to telling everyone the whole story from lost paperwork, special meets, 5star hotels, MnSsHp (yes I know I said I wouldn't go!), Hotel Hell, killer foods, Killer FOOD, crying going home and Much Much more!!! I have become a Disfan and yes a Disney one too, EVEN AFTER A MAJOR MISTAKE by some of the staff. More on that a lot later. I haven't decided how I'm going to post the WdW and DCL parts of the trip. I'm still going through about 1200 photos. Lots of food pics including... whoa.. I'm getting ahead of myself!! You'll just have to read and see.

Happy readings!!

Just 1200 pics? You must have slowed down a lot at the end. We ended up with somewhere between 2300 and 3000 but I'm not adding up all the folders right now! LOL!

So did I hear all of it already or are there more stories to tell?!?! ;)

If you do split between the WDW and DCL TR boards please linky! Thankx! :thumbsup2

popcorn::

Just 1200 pics? You must have slowed down a lot at the end. We ended up with somewhere between 2300 and 3000 but I'm not adding up all the folders right now! LOL!

So did I hear all of it already or are there more stories to tell?!?! ;)

If you do split between the WDW and DCL TR boards please linky! Thankx! :thumbsup2

popcorn::

Well, If I had one of them fancy smancy cameras I would probably took A LOT more. Also when you saw us in GC, I'm eternally grateful that you had some extra batteries. When we lost our case with our batteries inside, I thought the trip was going to come to a screechy halt with the camera. I think we went through about 2 dozen. We actually had just enough for the trip minimally. Now, if there is a next time, I'll have a better camera and ALL bets are off. :santa: Santa, we need you on this!?

Sorry about talking to you about all the drama .. hahaha I tend to get animated and chaty sometimes.:laughing:

And yes there will be links a plenty. After talking to podsnel I think I'll post on both, but its getting hard to remember all of it! So back to writing it down!

just got all caught up, amazing PTR and can't wait to read all about your trip!! Yes please if you are going to do a TR on WDW boards, please do a link over this way...

Well, If I had one of them fancy smancy cameras I would probably took A LOT more. Also when you saw us in GC, I'm eternally grateful that you had some extra batteries. When we lost our case with our batteries inside, I thought the trip was going to come to a screechy halt with the camera. I think we went through about 2 dozen. We actually had just enough for the trip minimally. Now, if there is a next time, I'll have a better camera and ALL bets are off. :santa: Santa, we need you on this!?

Sorry about talking to you about all the drama .. hahaha I tend to get animated and chaty sometimes.:laughing:

And yes there will be links a plenty. After talking to podsnel I think I'll post on both, but its getting hard to remember all of it! So back to writing it down!

Oh you guys are so welcome, glad I was able to help! :) Batteries became quite the situation with us too- we bought 2 more packs of those $15 rechargeables- one set on CC as soon as we arrived and less than an hour later they were out of charge! :mad: I took my camera and showed the CM how it was on low battery warning already and I had only taken 40 pics. The package says 400. LOL. They had no problem refunding those and I just bought the regular Ray-o-Vacs which held out for the rest of CC, we finally found our spare pack in the kids room the last night! ;)

Oh I am always up for a good story....I'm just sorry you guys had to go through the crap to get the payoff. But I won't get the cart in front of the horse! :)

WOW ... I just read the whole of your story ..... don't know how I missed it till now. I am hooked and can't wait to hear how your trip went in the end.

Hope you have an awesome vacation!!

WE had a blast. A lot of drama of sorts. It reminds me of camping. You want everything to go right but then its no fun to write or talk about it with your friends! Right?

woohooo have fun, cant wait to read all about it!

Lol some of the stories.. like Key West. Still trying to figure if I should tell it on the boards

I hope you're having a wonderful time!!!

Thanks we had a great time. I'm in total withdrawl and I'm in the process of redoing my Man Cave down stairs! Well thinking about it :laughing:

just got all caught up, amazing PTR and can't wait to read all about your trip!! Yes please if you are going to do a TR on WDW boards, please do a link over this way...

Thanks! The first link is in on the front page and in my sig! I think I will link the story from here but I still haven't decided to copy and post it here as well?!

:cool2::banana:

WOW ... I just read the whole of your story ..... don't know how I missed it till now. I am hooked and can't wait to hear how your trip went in the end.

Its ok! I told Pudo (on our trip) that I was thinking about changing the title as it was not totally representative of what happened. That said, BOTH the WDW and DCL parts had some major drama at the front of them. Some my fault on the WDW and then the DCL...

Overall a lot of lessons learned for a first timer!

Wahoo, I'm a little late, but I haven't missed all the fun! Can't wait to read your report!

[
Awesome! Thanks! I will read that whole trip report in the morning. :goodvibes

Good! I hope you enjoyed it!

Can't wait for more :thumbsup2
popcorn:: Waiting.... popcorn::

Sorry. I was hoping to get a few more out by now , but have been sick in bed the last few days. But I did post one Life is a Highway, The All Important Red Folder and the Hidden Mickey at SeaWorld and I'm working on another for later. Enjoy!

/steals your popcorn:: if its caramel.:laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter