Thin line tween Love and Hate WDW/Halloween TR Western Oct 24-Nov 6 updated 9/27

It really was such a thin one, especially when............. I see you are on the DREAM? WE just book our resi today! I really can't wait to see photos from inside not to mention the reports.

Only 100 days til our Dream cruise and I can totally NOT WAIT!!!!! Do you think you'll finish by then ;):laughing: ??

We are going on a Oct 30 Dream sailing with A LOT of family :thumbsup2

Hi Jonathan, Yay -- I'm so glad you get to go again at Halloweeen. Wish I could be there to help you make another sandcastle on Castaway Cay! Our last cruise with you guys was so special. Skye and Hope send a big hello to Adam!:):):):):):):):):)

Beth

Hi Jonathan, Yay -- I'm so glad you get to go again at Halloweeen. Wish I could be there to help you make another sandcastle on Castaway Cay! Our last cruise with you guys was so special. Skye and Hope send a big hello to Adam!:):):):):):):):):)

Beth

I know you would think that I would put up a fight about it.. tbh though I'm trying to find a way to Mnsshp again. It was way too much fun!!

I totally agree with you about the last cruise. I really do miss everyone. We tried to make a way on to the August trip but... :sad1: Though, I still am hopeful! I may need more help with the next "castle". :lmao: I'll make sure to say something to Adam in the morning. He will be way excited! I'm sure Adam will return the Hi!!

Fixed an issue where the links weren't working on the front page sorry.

jb

That was awesome -- that magic sure warms the heart!!

Yes it really does! Wait till you see the cruise trip!:thumbsup2

I have been enjoying the land portion of your TRs. Can't wait to set sail with you!!

I'm glad you have enjoyed the Land part, the Sea was SOOO different but I'm looking forward to start writing about it after my lastish installment. I do go back to MK after the cruise. It will be fun!:banana:

Thank you for some more great installments! Can't wait to read more!!

My hope is next week to start on the cruise portion. It only goes down hill from where it was from here for a while!! (I think that is a decent tease):laughing:

When I was in college, my friend and I decided on a road trip heading south to TN to see our friends that were in a show for a conference. Before we headed to the conference, we found a cheap motel that had a killer price. It had this price becuase the back half of the place was underconstruction. The pool had a empty pool and that back have was completely gutted but we didn't care. When we got to our room we threw down our bags and began to get ready for our friends' event when we had a knock on the door. It was the front desk lady that told us that if we were interested in taking a shower that we may need one of these. She was holding a pair of vice grips.

My friend and I walked in to the bathroom and sure enough there was no shower handle. We laughed it off and because WE KNEW this place was more or less a cheap dump. (and the fact that my bed was resting on bricks instead of any bed frame and I had the sheets that had holes in them.) That was then in college, this was now with my family. In my opinion, that place is still better than the one I was about to go and rest my head.

**********************​

Animal Kingdom was exhausting. The day was enjoyable. Not too hot or too cold. We had been going pretty solid since the morning at 7 something. My wife and son still hadn't eaten and when they don't eat.. something terrible will happen. It was 5:15pm when we finally were out of the park and in the car heading up I-4. We all felt bittersweet about leaving the WDW resort area because although fun, it was just not relaxing. Then there was the whole thought of what did we get ourselves into never being on a cruise before. It had taken almost 3 days for my wife to rid herself of motion sickness.

I had given Jen(nenner1) my cell earlier in the month and told her to text me should Dis plans change or what was going on at the Port. My wife was unsure that she wanted to meet anyone this evening. Mostly, she was just tuckered out and really hungry. After we got on the Bee... err ... BEACH LINE we hit a toll or two when I received a text from Jen to let me know that things had changed a little at the port because of a biker rally of sorts at the Raddision. The plan was to meet at the Country Inn and Suites.

We exchanged a few more texts about us needing to stop at Walmart for Dramamine and they needed to make a last minute run to Publix down the road. As we got closer to Brevard County, I told my son and wife about my childhood and some of the memories of this bridge including when it used to be a toll road. It wasn't long when we were greeted with a Indian River
DSCN3864.jpg

After debating about meeting everyone, we decided to just go ahead and do it. We arrived at CI&S to be greeted by Jen at the lobby. A short walk and we were at the pool meeting Ron(livingis2me), Judy(tjbaggott), her husband and all the kids from both families. Adam quickly asked if he could go swimming but didn't have swim trunks on. I think he was a little surprised when I said, "go ahead and jump in."

After all the introductions, Jen asked me what I thought about Disney. LOL I felt a little bad because I was excited to tell someone this story. SO I just blah blah blah blah blah it. :laughing: I think there were two reasons why this happened. 1. We were excited. 2 We were still nervous underneath about the following morning. After about an hour or so of talking and meeting them, we said our goodbyes with our minds set on finding our hotel and dinner.

Wen soon arrived at the International Palms and Resorts. My wife and I went in to check and the first thing I noticed was the front desk clerk said, "you all paid by hotwire... soooo do you want a top floor or bottom?" I told him bottom because I didn't want to haul around a bunch of luggage. (mistake #1). He told us that to get to our room we needed to go around the front and park just past the security gate. Gave us the map and we were on our way. The "security gate" was a old wooden construction sign. The kind that are long and supports with 2 posts on each side at angle. Except this one was broken. We parked and walked to our room and took an overnight bag only. When I walked in the first thing we noticed was a musty room. Kind of like then the air conditioner had been on but no really. I turned it on low and then we set out for dinner at the Olive Garden.

With the air show being in town, a lot of the restaurants and hotels were just packed with people. We had been doing this trip on cash only so we didn't really have options with food and hotels. Mostly, all that was pre-paid. Dinner was a looooooooooooong wait, but eventually we got our food and made our way back to the hotel.

When we got back, I noticed that our room door was open. One thing I forgot to mention was the some of the people that had been staying here were like those that didn't have a home but rent from the hotel. I could have been wrong but that was the feeling at 11 something at night. I pushed the door open to reveal everything still there. Everyone entered and then I pushed the door shut. OR DID I?

I pushed on the door and then let go and it opened ajar again. hmmm. I dead bolted the door. Lock and unlock and the door stayed that way. Shut. That's when we noticed the adjoining room door to ours was open in the back. In the meantime my son jumped into bed. Before we knew it, he was out like a light.
DSCN3877.jpg

My wife then made her way to the bathroom and we found then the horror of our situation showed itself. LIKE>>>

Missing Carpet on the floor
DSCN3875.jpg

Dirty tub
DSCN3880.jpg
DSCN3881.jpg
DSCN3883.jpg

Newer Paint on the Floor
DSCN3878.jpg

The mirror was pretty rough too.
DSCN3886.jpg

There was more like hair on the fridge and the toilet was.. w/e. None of us had to use the bathroom or the shower and the beds were clean so we decided since the kid was asleep and we were tired we would just tough it out.

There was a booklet on the desk that told you about their crazy upcharges like dial-up internet. It also explained that this motel (not hotel) was a pretty happening spot (yeah right) back in the day (Fred Flinstone's lifetime maybe) and that this place had been directly hit by not 1 but 2 hurricanes. It was also under new ownership. After I finished I noticed the last hazard under the desk.

Rust built up on the housing covering the outlets
DSCN3872.jpg
DSCN3871.jpg
DSCN3873.jpg

And lastly, the nightstand
DSCN3870.jpg

DSCN3889.jpg
DSCN3890.jpg

You can't really make out the desk corner all that well but there is some mold or mildew building from what I would figure was the air conditioning needed to be repaired because it spit humid air in but not cold. When it would blow cold the room was acceptable (considering) but most of the time that didn't happen. Since the kid was asleep, my wife was pretty much sleeping, I turned in as well. THANK GOD the beds were clean and newer. (About the only thing) I would set the alarm but the clock had all the names of the buttons worn off and was more or less useless.

2am
ME: Hey hun
HER: yeah
ME: can we leave I hate this place
HER: try and get some sleep at least a couple more hours.

4am
ME: Hey babe
HER: yeah
ME: Can we leave this hell hole
HER: yeah I think I'm done now.

With that we woke a very unhappy kid and got our stuff in the car and high tailed it out the door. Check out was a joke as the guy was what seemed to be out or a Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure Movie. Unapologetic but nice. We didn't care. Now we just had to figure out what to do at 4:30am till about 9.....

Next: When life gives your lemons...

So glad to see you are adding to your TR.

The hotel story is making me skeeve...I can totally see how it just ate at you until you left the place. I hope you contact Trip Adviser about it, the just did a compile of the Top 10 Worst Hotels in America- and I swear some of them were like a crime scene.

Aww..man.....NASTY! :eek:

Kudos to you guys for staying as long as you did! that *WAS* hotel hell!!! And after such a long exhausting day! Makes me tired just reading, I know I was tired when we were all out by the pool, and I had just gotten up at 11 something! :rotfl:

Finding the door open like that...fuhgeddabout it, not sure I could sleep after that, bolted or not! And hairs........ick, stray hairs are the worst. Nothing grosses me out more than finding hair in a hotal room. :sick:

I have a feeling it will get a lot better, real quick! ;)

OMG, hairs that's just gross. I think when I walked up and the door was open that would have done it for me, I would have been out of there. Can't wait to hear what you did for the morning!! At least you were getting on the Mickey Boat, so I know your room will be good and clean there :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter