DIS oldtimers (well newtimers too) where are you?

Hi!

I was just on the phone with Mom talking about the fun old days which we both still miss, and she asked about the DIS so I took a look to see what’s been happening on this thread.

I keep up regularly with a handful of my close “December trip” friends and their kids (and now their kids’ kids!!) and lots more DIS old-timers on Facebook. But that’s about it as far as people from here.

I haven’t been back to WDW since January of 2022, and I have no plans to go back. I’m perpetually grieving what it once was for me and so many of us up to about 2016.

I just wanted to say hello 🙋🏼

This is getting to be like an old fashion dis meet here. Great to see you, Krista! We did have fun back then, didn't we, both here and at WDW? Fun times.

Nice that mom thinks of dis, asking about it. Please do say hello to Kay for me, Krista.

This is getting to be like an old fashion dis meet here. Great to see you, Krista! We did have fun back then, didn't we, both here and at WDW? Fun times.

Nice that mom thinks of dis, asking about it. Please do say hello to Kay for me, Krista.
I will tell her! I will see her this week.
And yes, we had so much fun, and for that I am incredibly grateful.

Hey, Gina, great to see you again. It's been ages! How is your son? He has to be in, or maybe finished with college by now. And your dad?

The corn story...

This should get you up to speed on the corn story

That looks great, Bobbi, as do you!!
I looked through those links and fell into a time warp! Omg..Del's wife, Lime green Micky heads..<3 Reminded me of the Bad Shoe site also. We still play Bad Shoe!

I was here quite frequently from 2010 to 2014, but trying to deal with FP+ & medical issues drove me away from Disney and DIS for a while. I just started back up again, planning a trip this year to celebrate retiring.

:wave:old and new Dis timers from me, too. Love all the pictures and thank each of you for sharing with us. Truly, God has blessed me with many kind friends through these very forums. Each of you make a difference and I thank you. ::MickeyMo

Wow, so grown up. I do recall when he was just a little guy. Looks like I am looking at a picture from Nat Geo or similar. What a career! Hope he, or you still have that Chicago Mickey, like a collector's item. They have not been made for probably 20 years now.

I'll have to ask him if he has it saved away somewhere.. I hope so!

Sorry about dad, Gina. :hug:'s And I sure do remember Newley, the best!! And yes, that great Newley/Pluto photo. The best.

Thanks, Dan! :hug: I miss him every day. So glad I have our WDW memories of us all together!

Well, congratulations to both you, and your lucky husband. Is he hooked on Disney yet? Or was that part of pre-nup requirements? :earsgirl::earsboy: Great picture of you both, very nice.

Thank you! :love: He is decidedly *not* a Disney fan, lol. Thinks it's all over-priced, over-hyped, etc. I got him there by luring him with two things close to his heart -- Food, and the Empire! 🍰:darth: I showed him so many Disney Food Blog videos, lol... I know my audience. And as for the other, he would tease me for making a beeline to wherever Minnie was, and then he got to meet Darth Vader at the Galactic Dessert Party. It was so cute! I also had signed him up to make a light saber at Savi's Workshop, which he loved.

Darth 1.jpg

Me? Doing okay. Aging aches and pains, but still ticking. Have not been to WDW in 6 years now, way too long. Missing the place. Our 5 grandkids do keep Marie and I both busy enough. :love:

6 years!! I hope you and Marie can get at least a few of those grandkids on a trip back to WDW with you! So happy to hear you're both doing well. ☺️

Sandra(don’t remember her DIS name)
I'm thinking SandraB, Barb. Great picture of a bunch of 'old timers'. Hope your sister Nancy is doing well also, Barb. Please say hello for me if possible.
I looked through those links and fell into a time warp! Omg..Del's wife, Lime green Micky heads..<3 Reminded me of the Bad Shoe site also. We still play Bad Shoe!
Some great memories there, Beezle. Bad Shoe, fun times there. There was @Zurg and @zurgswife. I wonder how they are doing
I was here quite frequently from 2010 to 2014, but trying to deal with FP+ & medical issues drove me away from Disney and DIS for a while. I just started back up again, planning a trip this year to celebrate retiring.
Hope the med stuff is behind you now, @pbrim. Good to be planning a return trip, especially to celebrate retirement..
I'll have to ask him if he has it saved away somewhere.. I hope so!

Thanks, Dan! :hug: I miss him every day. So glad I have our WDW memories of us all together!

Thank you! :love: He is decidedly *not* a Disney fan, lol. Thinks it's all over-priced, over-hyped, etc. I got him there by luring him with two things close to his heart -- Food, and the Empire! 🍰:darth: I showed him so many Disney Food Blog videos, lol... I know my audience. And as for the other, he would tease me for making a beeline to wherever Minnie was, and then he got to meet Darth Vader at the Galactic Dessert Party. It was so cute! I also had signed him up to make a light saber at Savi's Workshop, which he loved.

View attachment 762799

6 years!! I hope you and Marie can get at least a few of those grandkids on a trip back to WDW with you! So happy to hear you're both doing well. ☺️
It was great meeting your dad and Newley way back when, Gina.

And a Vader meetup and a lightsaber, what a way to bring him into the fold. Very neat. Great picture.

Another scooter rider here so sign me up for the race. Around 2000, I started showing very mild symptoms of a degenerative neurologic disease, Spastic Paraplegia. Now I can get around with a walker (I'm trying to figure out how to bungee it to a scooter-otherwise I won't be able to do any rides where I can't remain in my scooter.
Can't wait for the Cabins at Fort Wilderness being DVC. My first 3 WDW stays were there in the late 80s, early 90s, with our then young children. Such fond memories.
Amazon sells a "Universal Walker Holder" that works like a tote bag to hold and velcro your walker to the scooter.

I still have my lime green mickey head paint chip, and a bunch of others. I hang them in the window every time we stay at POP. I also have my lime green ribbon on my park bag. I always hop another DISer will spot it in the parks and come up and say "HI!"

I frequented Dave's Disney Cruise Line Tribute page for a couple of years before joining the DIS in 2003. I didn't realize for a while that the DIS was not part of his page, but a link to an external website and read posts here. Dave's site was amazing. Any other Dave's DCL Tribute Page frequenters still here? No idea where Dave is today, rumor was he was a cross country trucker.photo.png

I'm thinking SandraB, Barb. Great picture of a bunch of 'old timers'. Hope your sister Nancy is doing well also, Barb. Please say hello for me if possible.
Seems to me now, that maybe it was SandraNL? Or something like that.

Nancy is doing well. We have a summer home in the 1000 Islands area of New York State. She's up here now visiting us.

Amazon sells a "Universal Walker Holder" that works like a tote bag to hold and velcro your walker to the scooter.
That looks like a great idea!

Just a wave to the new grandma !
Hi to you also, Marla. And Kara also.
I still have my lime green mickey head paint chip, and a bunch of others. I hang them in the window every time we stay at POP. I also have my lime green ribbon on my park bag. I always hop another DISer will spot it in the parks and come up and say "HI!"
You never know when a dis person will spot you, leebee.

I frequented Dave's Disney Cruise Line Tribute page for a couple of years before joining the DIS in 2003. I didn't realize for a while that the DIS was not part of his page, but a link to an external website and read posts here. Dave's site was amazing. Any other Dave's DCL Tribute Page frequenters still here? No idea where Dave is today, rumor was he was a cross country trucker.View attachment 763513
I wonder if that cruise forum still operates.

Seems to me now, that maybe it was SandraNL? Or something like that.

Nancy is doing well. We have a summer home in the 1000 Islands area of New York State. She's up here now visiting us.
Good to hear Nancy's doing well. Hi to you all, Barb.

Well, I’ve been here since 2008 or 2009, which I thought would qualify me as an old timer, but wow! Some of you precious people have 10 years on me! I attribute everything I know to these boards.. pull out my lime green Mickey heads every trip. We were just talking about a fridge share we did on our first trip, lol. Times have really changed!

Well, I’ve been here since 2008 or 2009, which I thought would qualify me as an old timer, but wow! Some of you precious people have 10 years on me! I attribute everything I know to these boards.. pull out my lime green Mickey heads every trip. We were just talking about a fridge share we did on our first trip, lol. Times have really changed!
Oh how I recall those fridge sharing times here on the boards, @flipflopmom haha. : :laughing: And yes, for sure you are an old-timer, over 14 years now.

Wow, long time ago. I wonder if there are any comparable Disney oriented cruise forums out there. Not that I am going on a cruise anytime soon. :)
Not anymore really. So many more options now. Lord knows the traffic on the DIS is a fraction of what it once was. Seems people are more into sites that are very specific to their cruise date, ship and region.
Our Disney cruise was great, at the time we took it, and where we were in our lives. I guess I could take my Granddaughters on a Disney cruise when they get older. But my DIL is not a Disney person. She never lived more than 50 miles from Disneyland and never went until she went with our son and us in her 20s. She has been to WDW 4 times for competitions and conventions and has NEVER been to any of the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter