They have received the estoppel letter

As a dvc/property buying newbie, I have come to learn the Broker’s primary responsibility is to the seller. Buyer is mainly paying the title company so that’s who you stick closest to. Also, no all title companies are alike so there is that.

Wonder why some get closing docs days after ROFR and some takes over a month? we passed on May 7 and just keep checking emails for docs!

I wonder the same thing...
I have read almost 100 pages in the closing time thread to try to keep my expectations in check. I passed ROFR on May 10, and sent Magic Vacation Title an e-mail asking about estoppel. They answered an hour ago saying they haven't received it yet and they have no clue as when Disney will send it... but that I shouldn't worry because my closing date is July 1st :confused3

I received a similar response from them today as well. We passed ROFR on May 5th and we were told not to worry since our closing is June 24th. They did say 2-3 weeks to receive the estoppel so still in the window they provided.

I have read almost 100 pages in the closing time thread to try to keep my expectations in check. I passed ROFR on May 10, and sent Magic Vacation Title an e-mail asking about estoppel. They answered an hour ago saying they haven't received it yet and they have no clue as when Disney will send it... but that I shouldn't worry because my closing date is July 1st :confused3
My deal is using the same Title company. I wasn’t told that estoppel passed until I emailed my Broker. I was also told a similar answer, that my closing date isn’t until June 25. I kindly returned that I expect the docs from the Title company earlier rather than later. There’s no reason why it should take until late June... I agree with others, you gotta stay on these people. Don’t they want their commission as much as we want our points!?

DVC Resale market still wouldn't be preparing the documents. That has to be the title company and any and all real estate transactions can end up with errors that you need to correct.

I do get where DVC Resale Market thinks they can find a place to charge a new fee but they're already getting paid to do all of this. If they are failing then they aren't earning their high commissions that they charge.
Yeah, I know its the title company issue. Its several errors, and most seem to be the person at the title company. The deed being wrong is possibly Disney's mistake from the original transaction...IDK. My sense is this individual at the title company is sloppy AND we had a deed mistake.

We got everything notarized and shipped today and they received the wire so hoping its resolved and things close soon.

Update: emailed again today asking when we would receive our closing docs...ugh! I wish I wouldn’t have known that they received the estoppel because it’s just frustrating me more that closing docs could have been received a week ago 😒

I wonder if Magic Vacation title is busy & prioritizing by closing date - in other words are they moving later received contracts w/ earlier closing dates ahead of earlier received contracts with later closing dates.
Even after the title company does their part there’s the wait for sellers to get their closing documents signed/notarized, I don’t know why the waiting after passing ROFR always seemed to take so long to me, the wait for the closing docs, the wait for the sellers to sign, the wait for Disney to give you your points all seemed to take forever IME.

The title company has received the estoppel letter, five days ago, but still haven’t received closing docs 😭 I know I am being inpatient, just have 320 points that will expire July 31. Everyday that goes by is another day where things are completely booking up
Update: We finally got our closing docs today. 16 days from ROFR. And a week after they received the estoppel (I asked when they received it) So glad we are on to the next and final step. Just sent the closing docs through FedEx express and they should have tomorrow. Hoping that the sellers were as anxious as I am and will finish their’s shortly to

any word since?

we would love to get these closing docs before the holiday weekend. This is for our contract that we are selling with dvc resale market. We are in process of buying with dvcresales

Yeah, this'll drive you crazy, for sure. Hang in there! Our biggest delay - and one I never ever really did understand - was waiting for the seller (resale contract) to sign off. This is after we'd wired the money! After that everything pretty much followed the timeline that our resale broker had laid out.

Stay on top of everybody, all the time, always is the only advice I can give. As somebody earlier said, it's nothing personal; it's just DVC Bizness.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter