These are NOT the rooms that I paid for! 3 Resorts in 10 days - Trivia Answers 9/3

Catching up! Love your photos - I love how they have Peter Pan on the castle roof in England. Sounds like a fun meal at Teppan Edo, and those club offerings - yum! Can't wait for more! :)

Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day!

I love seeing pictures of the lounge food. I always feel like a stalker. I just know I'll probably never stay concierge being DVC and all that. It really does look like such a treat.

I don't blame you at all for heading back to the room for a little noshing.

Those are the same products that have at HHI and I'm pretty sure that's what we got at VWL in October.

"Or so we thought?" That does NOT sound good! :scared1:

Hi Mary Ellen! Thanks for the Mother's Day greeting! The best part was hearing from my son in Afghanistan!!

I would definitely say that being DVC trumps a few crudites and other snack items!! :thumbsup2

Can I just say here that I love the grapefruit smell of the products? Well, I do!

Hmmmm.... oh the drama. :rolleyes:

Hi! I followed you over from my TR and am following along after taking some time to get caught up. What a great mother & daughter trip with an awesome upgrade! :thumbsup2 I can't wait to read even more!

Hi there Keilli! I love your mother/daughter TR, which as you can see I can relate to those times. Thank you for joining and reading here!! :)

Have a great day!

Loving your trip report!!! I have a 20 year old daughter and I'm planning a mother/daughter trip for us next year. If it is just half as fun as yours is, we'll have an amazing time. Your "upgrade video" had me completely teary eyed watching it. My 12 year old son asked, "Why are you crying? Do you know these people?" No...it's just Disney pixie dust. I got a little in my eyes. :lovestruc pixiedust:

Hi DianeW! Thank you for joining and welcome!! :) Awww thanks for your comments regarding the video. I definitely had trouble stringing a sentence together... until the shock wore off and then I couldn't stop chattering! ;)

Thanks again for reading and commenting! :goodvibes

If you make it back to Boma, hopefully they'll fix the bananas foster french toast issue. :thumbsup2

As for August, all I can say is maybe. ;) My summer work should be done by then, so now it's just about hoping for pixie dust and reasonable flights (prices have gone up since last summer, but they've been jumping around so we're playing the waiting game). :goodvibes

Hi Mr. DDW!!!! I'm hoping that next time they have the bananas foster out but I won't hold it against them if they don't!

I hear you about airfare, it's a bit crazy right now. I paid a little over $500 r/t for 2 tickets to Florida in February and now they want $1,300 for the same flights. I decided to switch to Southwest airlines that I usually only use for business travel and save hundreds.

I could always try to bribe you to get there....Jiko, my treat!!! :thumbsup2

Have a great day!

Tuesday February 26, 2013: Day 4, Part 6

The "or so we thought".... perhaps a touch more drama that it deserved but there was a hitch in our giddy-up!

We were at the DTD bus-stop by 7:30pm. We couldn't decide if we should get off at Marketplace, Pleasure Island or West End. We decided we'd get off in the middle at Pleasure Island. Was that the closest stop?? Not sure but it wasn't a long walk.

DSC00404.jpg

You know you have arrived at this place because you can hear the Irish jigs playing. The patio was full since it was a lovely evening but we weren't worried since we were right on time for our dinner reservation.

DSC00406.jpg

Me: Checking in under the Brenda party name for 2 please!
Hostess gal: What time was it for?
Me: 8pm
Hostess gal: What name again?
Me: Insert my real name here!
Hostess gal: I don't see a reservation.
Me: I'll give you my ADR number, can you search by that?
Hostess gal: No, it has no connection to our reservation system.
Me: That's lame .... I hope I didn't say that out loud! I probably said something smart like why do they give you an ADR confirmation number if it doesn't do anything?

I could have walked over to WPE and been completely happy but then she suggested that they would put us on a list to wait to be seated. Ok.... we'll take that offer. They said it would be about 15 minutes. No worries.

While waiting, we roamed the gift shop looking at stuff that we didn’t feel the need to buy which took all of 5 minutes so then we took photos of the beautiful lobby and when that got old we just stared at each other.

DSC00411.jpg

DSC00409.jpg

DSC00412.jpg

DSC00413.jpg

As you can see, I was getting pretty bored since I was starting to take photos of the ceiling. At about the 20 minute wait mark we discussed bailing and going to WPE as an alternative. What do you know... it was then that our pager went off to be seated.

We were seated in the main dining area near the center dancing stage. The music was very loud – good – but loud so that it was difficult to talk. The room was also rather dark but on the positive side we really enjoyed the atmosphere and our server was very friendly and did a great job. In fact, she took this photo of us where the lady next to us photo bombed us! Yeah, well I suppose we deserved that since the tables are so close to each other.

Yeah, well, I get the last laugh….

4c2d2bb7-84e6-442e-9211-b26498c78d4b.jpg

We were started with the dark bread served with the Guinness beer with olive oil and brown sugar reduction. I wasn’t a fan which was probably good considering I wasn’t that hungry anyway.

DSC00420.jpg

Dinner was a mix of good, not so good, and amazing for me. I ordered the spicy shrimp appetizer and the side garden salad since the CL appetizers pretty much satisfied any appetite I may have had. But I wanted to try something here so kept it light. Em ordered the fish and chips.

The shrimp was good (not as good as Bubba Gump’s spicy Cajun shrimp appetizer) however, the baguette was very dry and didn’t really improve when soaked in the spicy broth. The salad was how can I say it… it was ick. Absolutely boring, no flavor even with the little bit of balsamic vinaigrette that was spritzed on top. I didn’t end up eating much. However, the best dessert of any dessert that I’ve EVER had at WDW was at this place. I’m even saying better than ‘Ohana’s bread pudding and Yak & Yeti’s cream cheese won ton dessert. THAT good! Any guesses??? This glorious creation……Ger’s Bread and Butter Pudding!

DSC00424.jpg

DSC00427.jpg

It was heaven in a mug! The vanilla crème anglaise and the butterscotch sauce were so delicious that I asked for seconds of both. I didn’t end up eating much since it was way too rich for one sitting. I boxed it up for later – oh yeah, there would be a later!

DSC00440.jpg

Post indulging... I basically ate the top off the pudding and saved the rest.

DSC00445.jpg

Em ordered the Dundon’s Delight which was pavlova with raspberry sauce and vanilla ice-cream. She enjoyed it but I’m sure not as much as my pavlova. Ok, that last part I’m making up but I make several varieties of pavlova from a bananas foster to a fresh berry version.

DSC00439.jpg

The Irish band and the dancers were entertaining and I think this was a pretty good dining experience. Not sure if we would rush to return here unless you can get some of that bread pudding to go.

DSC00431.jpg

DSC00437.jpg

DSC00414.jpg

We didn’t spend a lot of time in DTD after dinner. We were at the bus stop by 10:15 to go back to YC.

DSC00449.jpg

Continued Next Post

How strange is it that they couldn't find your reservation and wouldn't take your ADR Confirmation Number? That happened to us at Sci Fi one year and luckily I had my confirmation number and looked it up that way. I think the CM was just too lazy to look.

I'm sorry your entire dinner wasn't out of this world. But my Mark would defnitely agree with you on that bread pudding...he says it is THE best dessert at Disney...he loved it.

Love the pic of you and Emily...even with the photobomb woman.

And you are right...it is VERY loud in that restaurant.

Hmmm, I take pictures of ceilings when even when I'm not bored. I seriously have a problem. :lmao:

I've been wanting to try Raglan Road and their bread pudding for such a long time but we rarely make it out to DTD. A little side story. Last June, I was in Kansas City MO for a conference. On my way into town from the airport, I notice a restaurant "Raglan Road"! At first, I thought that there's no way that's the same Raglan Road at Disney. Later, when I went online, sure enough Raglan Road had two locations in the US. Disney and KC. (Very odd choices if you ask me :lmao:). I'm heading back to the same conference again this June. Last week I decided since I never get to try RR at Disney, maybe I can give it a go in KC so I looked up the website again for ressies. Was very sad to find out that they closed the KC location in the past year. :sad2:

And that ends a completely irrelevant story on Raglan Road! :goodvibes

:rotfl::lmao: Now, if there was only a way to get this picture back to her!

How annoying to make a reservation for nothing! At least you still got to eat, but still a little inconvenient. Dessert sounds like it was amazing! The rest of the meal doesn't sound all that appealing... did Em like her fish and chips?

OK first, having a ADR number NOT connected to system is TOTALLY LAME!! :confused3 I hope you DID say that out loud. ;)

Bhahaha on the photobomb, not to mention that's quite the nose she has... :lmao:

Hmmm I think I might like Raglan Road for the entertainment alone :rolleyes1 but I have heard the bread pudding is unbelievable.

Haha, that last picture cracks me up. I love random photos.

Ooooo! That bread pudding looks so yummy. We are doing Mary Poppins this weekend and so I went looking and found the recipe here! I'll let you know how it goes! Is bread pudding Irish? My English great-grandmother used to make it for us all the time when I was little.

How odd about the ADR number. I would think she was fibbing a little bit. ;) Sorry your dinner wasn't so hot. But a yummy dessert is always a good thing!

I had to giggle out loud at the photo bombed photo. :rotfl:

Nice update Brenda ... Disappointing diner for guys..other than the dessert of course! Yummy..I could eat that over and over again..

Definitely started off on the wrong foot with the ADR.. Hostess should have been a little more accommodating for you,especially since u had a confirmation number whether she had it or not. Tables a little too close for my taste.. Ok lol photo bomb very funny! I had those shrimp and they were so good but bread was nice and fresh so you could dip... I think the difference when I went it was just my husband and I and we sat at bar listening to music and enjoying apps..night out for us as kids were enjoying Disney quest ;)

Great update Brenda

Uh, they can't find your reservation using your confirmation number ???? - what on earth!

Amazing isn't it, they can dance a wicked Irish jig and whip up a mean bread pudding but a 10 digit number throws them though a hoop ;)

BWAHAHA!!! You're definitely my kind of lady Brenda, love this!! :thumbsup2 Someone should explain to her that karma will get ya every time! :lmao: :rotfl2:

However, the best dessert of any dessert that I’ve EVER had at WDW was at this place. I’m even saying better than ‘Ohana’s bread pudding and Yak & Yeti’s cream cheese won ton dessert. THAT good! Any guesses??? This glorious creation……Ger’s Bread and Butter Pudding!

DSC00440.jpg

Welcome to the (un)official Ger's Bread and Butter Pudding fan club! Anyone who can actually finish that puppy in one sitting can be president. ;)

Sorry the rest of your experience wasn't the greatest. ADR mess-ups can be a real pain. That happened twice during our last visit, once at Kona breakfast and the second time was when we went to dinner at La Hacienda de San Angel. I didn't have the number with me at Kona, but they seated us anyway. I made sure I had it from that point on, which was a good thing when lightning struck again at La Hacienda. "The ADR number doesn't connect to their reservation system" ... huh?? :confused3 There must be some connection somewhere or else you wouldn't be able to book reservations through Disney. My guess is she probably had no idea how to use the number to find your ADR. I hope the pudding made up for the long wait and otherwise lacklustre food.​

Ummm say what?? They couldn't find your reservation with your name... and your confirmation number wouldn't help them? Right on, that's a great system...

:confused:

Anyway. Raglan Rd. looks fun! I haven't been there since 2007, and we loved it then. I keep meaning to go back but it never seems to make the cut! Glad most of your meal was good, and that dessert does look heavenly! I had a giggle from your photobomber. :lmao:

Glad you were able to get into Raglan Road despite them not finding your ADR. I actually use OpenTable for my Raglan Road reservations. That way I know they have it! We haven't been there for dinner though so its never been crowded. I would love to check out the evening entertainment someday!

I really need to try that bread pudding! I enjoy the live entertainment at RR it really adds to the atmosphere, I am not sure if I would go out of my way with out it. :) Also, I understand they do have their own reservation system, but no system to cross check the reservation system with WDW... Ummm yeah that doesn't sound too smart!

Oh and gotta love photo bombs!

Catching up! Love your photos - I love how they have Peter Pan on the castle roof in England. Sounds like a fun meal at Teppan Edo, and those club offerings - yum! Can't wait for more! :)

Oops! Sorry, I wasn't ignoring you, I posted and ran so I didn't see your comment! :) It's a good thing they have Peter Pan on the roof in England since we know he can fly. It just wouldn't make sense if they had Hook or any other character up there! ;)

Have a great day!

How strange is it that they couldn't find your reservation and wouldn't take your ADR Confirmation Number? That happened to us at Sci Fi one year and luckily I had my confirmation number and looked it up that way. I think the CM was just too lazy to look.

I'm sorry your entire dinner wasn't out of this world. But my Mark would defnitely agree with you on that bread pudding...he says it is THE best dessert at Disney...he loved it.

Love the pic of you and Emily...even with the photobomb woman.

And you are right...it is VERY loud in that restaurant.

Hi Kathy! See another example that Mark has good taste... he chose you AND he like's their bread pudding! I'd say that's pretty good!! :rotfl:

Hmmm, I take pictures of ceilings when even when I'm not bored. I seriously have a problem.

I've been wanting to try Raglan Road and their bread pudding for such a long time but we rarely make it out to DTD. A little side story. Last June, I was in Kansas City MO for a conference. On my way into town from the airport, I notice a restaurant "Raglan Road"! At first, I thought that there's no way that's the same Raglan Road at Disney. Later, when I went online, sure enough Raglan Road had two locations in the US. Disney and KC. (Very odd choices if you ask me :lmao:). I'm heading back to the same conference again this June. Last week I decided since I never get to try RR at Disney, maybe I can give it a go in KC so I looked up the website again for ressies. Was very sad to find out that they closed the KC location in the past year.

And that ends a completely irrelevant story on Raglan Road!

Now, if there was only a way to get this picture back to her!

Hi Dave. I liked your completely relevant story - that IS very intersting! Too bad they closed the location though.

You never know who is on the DisBoards...

How annoying to make a reservation for nothing! At least you still got to eat, but still a little inconvenient. Dessert sounds like it was amazing! The rest of the meal doesn't sound all that appealing... did Em like her fish and chips?

Perhaps a bit annoying to have to wait but at least Em got to stare at me for a while! :rotfl2:

I completely go for a dining review type update and then leave out the important feedback Em provided regarding her fish & chips..."it was just ok". :p Apparently she's had better.

OK first, having a ADR number NOT connected to system is TOTALLY LAME!! I hope you DID say that out loud.

Bhahaha on the photobomb, not to mention that's quite the nose she has...

Hmmm I think I might like Raglan Road for the entertainment alone but I have heard the bread pudding is unbelievable.

Haha, that last picture cracks me up. I love random photos.

Hi Rob!! Ok, for the record, I didn't say that out loud!

You need to try this place. I'm sure it is far better than what I ordered (other than dessert which couldn't have been better!) It is very busy for a reason. I just need to try something different I'm sure. It is loud though. AND dancing girls... you might like it! ;)

Em hasn't seen that I posted a photo of her tying her shoe... she will definitely wonder what is wrong with me!

Ooooo! That bread pudding looks so yummy. We are doing Mary Poppins this weekend and so I went looking and found the recipe here! I'll let you know how it goes! Is bread pudding Irish? My English great-grandmother used to make it for us all the time when I was little.

Hi Alysa! Oh my goodness that recipe looks pretty simple, thank you for sharing the link! I will have to check your PTR and see how it turned out. (I am scared to add this to my recipe file since it could be very dangerous knowing how to make this!!) I'm sure it will be a good addition to your Mary Poppins themed night.

I googled bread pudding to see if it had an Irish beginning and it looks like it can be so multi-national but Ireland is mentioned. Perhaps it is a popular dessert there? Anyone been to Ireland or is Irish and knows??

What a great memory you have with this dessert. :goodvibes

How odd about the ADR number. I would think she was fibbing a little bit. Sorry your dinner wasn't so hot. But a yummy dessert is always a good thing!

I had to giggle out loud at the photo bombed photo.

Hi there Kelli! Yeah, I agree, so odd. :) At least the meal ended well!! And I did love the music. :thumbsup2

Nice update Brenda ... Disappointing diner for guys..other than the dessert of course! Yummy..I could eat that over and over again..

Definitely started off on the wrong foot with the ADR.. Hostess should have been a little more accommodating for you,especially since u had a confirmation number whether she had it or not. Tables a little too close for my taste.. Ok lol photo bomb very funny! I had those shrimp and they were so good but bread was nice and fresh so you could dip... I think the difference when I went it was just my husband and I and we sat at bar listening to music and enjoying apps..night out for us as kids were enjoying Disney quest,

Hi Patti! Those tables are very close. :crowded: We didn't have anyone to my left for some time but when they seated a couple there it felt a little intrusive of us to be listening to their personal conversation. What can you do though? :confused3 I can see where the bar would be the best seat in the house if you wanted a cocktail and to enjoy the show!

I must have had end of the day bread with my shrimp. :sad1: No bueno.

Great update Brenda

Uh, they can't find your reservation using your confirmation number ???? - what on earth!

Amazing isn't it, they can dance a wicked Irish jig and whip up a mean bread pudding but a 10 digit number throws them though a hoop.

Hi Linda!! :lmao::rotfl2: Yeah, what's up with that? :scratchin You're too funny!

BWAHAHA!!! You're definitely my kind of lady Brenda, love this!! :thumbsup2 Someone should explain to her that karma will get ya every time! :lmao: :rotfl2:

However, the best dessert of any dessert that I’ve EVER had at WDW was at this place. I’m even saying better than ‘Ohana’s bread pudding and Yak & Yeti’s cream cheese won ton dessert. THAT good! Any guesses??? This glorious creation……Ger’s Bread and Butter Pudding!

DSC00440.jpg

Welcome to the (un)official Ger's Bread and Butter Pudding fan club! Anyone who can actually finish that puppy in one sitting can be president.

Sorry the rest of your experience wasn't the greatest. ADR mess-ups can be a real pain. That happened twice during our last visit, once at Kona breakfast and the second time was when we went to dinner at La Hacienda de San Angel. I didn't have the number with me at Kona, but they seated us anyway. I made sure I had it from that point on, which was a good thing when lightning struck again at La Hacienda. "The ADR number doesn't connect to their reservation system" ... huh?? There must be some connection somewhere or else you wouldn't be able to book reservations through Disney. My guess is she probably had no idea how to use the number to find your ADR. I hope the pudding made up for the long wait and otherwise lacklustre food.​

Hi Carol!! I'm proud to be in your Ger's Bread & Butter Pudding fan club! I will never be President but I'm happy to just be included! :flower3:

See you know the "your ADR is not here" moment when your heart skips a beat and you think you may be in danger of not being escorted into the dining room! Argh! Glad it worked out for your situations.

Ha! I could have cropped the photobomber lady out and made my point too but the nose was so much more fun. :upsidedow

Ummm say what?? They couldn't find your reservation with your name... and your confirmation number wouldn't help them? Right on, that's a great system...

Anyway. Raglan Rd. looks fun! I haven't been there since 2007, and we loved it then. I keep meaning to go back but it never seems to make the cut! Glad most of your meal was good, and that dessert does look heavenly! I had a giggle from your photobomber.

Hi Wendy!! So you've at least been there and enjoyed it!! :) I'm not sure I can stay away for 6 years from the bread pudding but like you, RR may not make the cut for awhile.

This made my night :rotfl:

The bread pudding looks fabulous. I am impressed you make pavlova. I usually stick to boxed cake mix when it comes to making desserts.

Glad you were able to get into Raglan Road despite them not finding your ADR. I actually use OpenTable for my Raglan Road reservations. That way I know they have it! We haven't been there for dinner though so its never been crowded. I would love to check out the evening entertainment someday!

Hi there Ashley!! You are definitely smarter and more resourceful than me!! I've heard of OpenTable but never tried it. Do they have the dancing and bands during the day? But yes, it was crowded in the evening.

I really need to try that bread pudding! I enjoy the live entertainment at RR it really adds to the atmosphere, I am not sure if I would go out of my way with out it. Also, I understand they do have their own reservation system, but no system to cross check the reservation system with WDW... Ummm yeah that doesn't sound too smart!

Oh and gotta love photo bombs!

Hi Sarah! You are my little recipe tester with the carrot cake cookies and now you can try this one. It looks really easy.

I agree with you, without the live entertainment, that only leaves awesome bread pudding. Great but not exactly a reason to go out of my way. ;) (I do need to try something differnt because I didn't like California Grill the first time we went and now it's a favorite so lesson learned for me!)

I now welcome photobombers! Let's have some fun with them! :thumbsup2

Great update. We're doing Raglan Road for our first dinner. Hope they don't look my reservation #.

I don't think I'll get to finish up day 4 before I have to leave tomorrow. I'm going to be in Nebraska to see some family and tour old farms and then the next morning that I return I have a business trip to Reno.

I will be back and updating soon!!

Take care!:):goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter