There is a new thread:* Don't post here* 2014 BC&YC FAQ *MAY-SEPT 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Easily got three glasses of wine. I think they could not care less. I dumped my third glass in a to go cup and boarded the boat for Hollywood Studios.

Dee - I love those! Thank you. Still amazed we ran into each other twice that day.

Do we have a Kimberley in group who is here now with husband and 2 boys? I have all her photos on my Memory Maker.

Suitcases are packed and at the door for our early 4:15 AM trip to the airport!! Heading to bed soon but just wanted to say THANK YOU to everyone on this board, now and over the past several years, for helping me with ALL of our Disney trips to our beloved Beach Club! I cannot wait to get there tomorrow...I promise to return the favor of the live trip report - just love reading everyone else's! :goodvibes

We leave in the morning!!!! Opted for the later morning flight so that we can stay out late tomorrow night; hope it's the right choice. Should be walking from BC to World Showcase by 2:30-ish

We leave Sunday morning. I can't believe it is almost here! Although, honestly I'm starting to get cold feet. Our last two stays have been at CBR and CSR. We really like them both mainly because we think the grounds are beautiful. I realize the YC is deluxe and should blow the other two away, but I'm still nervous. I really hope we don't get a room that screams "I need a refurb immediately!" ;)

We leave Sunday morning. I can't believe it is almost here! Although, honestly I'm starting to get cold feet. Our last two stays have been at CBR and CSR. We really like them both mainly because we think the grounds are beautiful. I realize the YC is deluxe and should blow the other two away, but I'm still nervous. I really hope we don't get a room that screams "I need a refurb immediately!" ;)

Tara, I haven't noticed any major issues with our room at the YC. I can be picky about the view, but don't tend to notice dings in the furniture or other problems, though. My husband does notice these things, but he's safely in Pennsylvania. The only place I've stayed where the property was in obvious need of rehab was the Poly.

The lack of washing machines at Yacht Club was a real problem tonight. I was lucky and got 2 loads in before the thunder and lightening storm started and brought everyone out of the pool and wanting to do laundry.

We were at Hollywood Studios today and yet again met a very dodgy character.

Tomorrow is AK and back for dinner at Flying Fish for our wedding anniversary. I can't believe its 2 years since we were married here at the Yacht Club. We will probably come back to Crews Cup for a drink if anyone is around.

Just checked out of YC August 17th - our room was immaculate and wonderful. I hope you have the same experience! I am sure you will have a lovely time!

Dee, I just wanted to let u know it was so nice of you to meet us this morning as we were getting ready to board magical express. Seeing your happy face posted to the column really started our vacation with some pixie dust!!

A Ninja put me up on a post, although it should be on a pedestal ;) but did a Ninja put you up to THIS post?

Please say yes.

Dee

I had a feeling Ninja Mom was behind this!! As of yesterday at around 10:30am it was still there.

OMG!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT picture IS STILL UP THERE.

I am laughing so hard right now I can't breathe..... Tears are squirting out of my eyes!!!!!!

I'd promise to take it down when I get back to the airport at the end of the week but I'm curious as to how long it would stay up....

Ai, yi, yi.....

~NM

OK, I'm not usually a conspiracy theorist, but I am skeptical that a non-Disney poster would be permitted to stay up in the Magical Express area for that long. It IS a cute picture, though.

If I had my guess, I would say Ninja got to you and is bribing you with Sunken Treasures to play along and torture me.

But just in case...

Suitcases are packed and at the door for our early 4:15 AM trip to the airport!! Heading to bed soon but just wanted to say THANK YOU to everyone on this board, now and over the past several years, for helping me with ALL of our Disney trips to our beloved Beach Club! I cannot wait to get there tomorrow...I promise to return the favor of the live trip report - just love reading everyone else's! :goodvibes

Have a fantastic trip and safe travels!

If you (or anyone else passing through) happen to see this posted in the ME line at MCO, please take it down and feel free to keep it as a souvenir.

THANKS!!!

We checked into YC this morning. We book GV room and only thing requested was view of wedding gazebo. Our room is on second floor with view of wedding gazebo but little further out on the wing towards presidential unit so really looking into Stormalong Bay, BC, and Epcot. Bellman brought our luggage within 5 minutes and when he saw the view, he said that we will have perfect view of Illumination from our room. I know that lots of people have been complaining about BC/YC room being worn out. Our room looks clean but I could see there are worn our place if I look closely. It's not horrible or anything. Staff have been very friendly and accommodating!

Hope you got to see those fireworks. Now use the back stair-case (secret entrance), go sit on one of the park benches and watch them. It's really magical. Love the location of the room you have, it's my favorite other than the last one we had which was at the end of that hall you are in (4th floor though) directly looking at the the dock, Boardwalk and the lighthouse. I hope the rest of your stay goes well. I would like to hear your comparison of YC and AKL. Haven't stayed there yet as it's hard to leave my home resort.

Katesdad

Please let us know how your YC stay worked out. The bigger rooms and the location are two benefits of staying there. :)

We checked into YC this morning. Room wasn't ready at 8:00AM which was fine with me. We headed to Epcot to use our FP+ and it was very light in crowd at Epcot today. We did everything including Soarin, Test Track, Mission Space, Figment, characters, Nemo, etc and was at Mexico before the pavilion opened. We were actually first to ride Grand Fiesta! :thumbsup2 We had lunch at Tokyo and by 1pm we headed to YC to check out our room and get out of heat! It is again, high 90s and humid! I actually received text from YC that our room was ready by 9:55AM. We book GV room and only thing requested was view of wedding gazebo. Our room is on second floor with view of wedding gazebo but little further out on the wing towards presidential unit so really looking into Stormalong Bay, BC, and Epcot. Bellman brought our luggage within 5 minutes and when he saw the view, he said that we will have perfect view of Illumination from our room. pixie dust: I know that lots of people have been complaining about BC/YC room being worn out. Our room looks clean but I could see there are worn our place if I look closely. It's not horrible or anything. Staff have been very friendly and accommodating so far!:goodvibes

Have a wonderful trip and make sure you hydrate! Lol. We just got home yesterday and I think I had a bit if heat exhaustion. Very hot.

:-)

Wow. 8.30am and 2 buses come at once for MK. Just as well, the length of the queue. Shame we are off to AK lol.

We have stayed at CSR and loved it. Last Year we decided to stay deluxe YC CL and all I have to say is that they are 2 different resorts. The YC rooms are bigger and the pool was great for the kids, me being one of them :rolleyes1, that we really didn't have the need for a water park. Also when the kids napped, we had the balcony to escape to for some relaxation. That in itself sold me. The only thing I missed from the CSR rooms was the divider from the bathroom sink area to the room itself. That was so convenient to get changed. We also loved the grounds at CSR because it is relaxing and just fun to walk through. However, with the kids YC wins. I just love walking to Epcot and taking the boat to HS. I hope that you have a great time on your first deluxe stay :thumbsup2

The only thing I missed from the CSR rooms was the divider from the bathroom sink area to the room itself. That was so convenient to get changed.

We haven't stayed at BC yet, that will be next year, but the last two trips we stayed at BWI and I missed the curtain also.

Morning from the YC :)

Arrived in the middle of the night, it was so very quiet, serene & peaceful.

Our trip on the ME (with the worlds slowest driver - who appeared awkward with controlling the bus) took almost as long as our flight down from Toronto! We landed at 11:48pm, were at the ME by 12:20 luggage in hand... got to the YC at 1:55am O_O

Our room is spotless & very pretty. But it is at the far far far end of the 4th floor near the Beach Club. Quite the hike to the elevators! We had been given a King room originally at check in but the CM looked at my adult DD & I, laughed and said he'd find us a 2 queen bed room before we could even ask. I'm going to head to the lobby to ask if there is anything closer to the lobby available in a bit. Not holding out much hope with the Villains Unleashed event at HS tomorrow evening. But it can't hurt to ask, right? lol

Time for breakfast.. will update as we go!

Missing my GS... but sooooooo happy to be here! ;)

Our family just got back last night after spending 8 wonderful days at the Beach Club! The stay was top notch from the point of checking in (a wonderful surprise of a pool view room instead of a parking lot view) to the day we left. The resort is beautiful, it quickly became our favorite and we all instantly fell in love!! On our ride home, from the airport, my 8 yr old DS started crying because he wanted to go back and we somewhat comforted him by saying we're going to WDW in a year and a half and maybe we can stay at the Beach Club again. During our stay everyone seemed to be very polite despite the heat and humidity and we didn't seem to encounter any rudeness in the parks.

Only a few of bummers..... I only had a short time to talk to Teena and then the family we were with met up with us to head to the park so I never got the chance to tell her how happy I was to meet her....SORRY TEENA!! We were lucky to have the fire alarm go off shortly after midnight one night :lmao:, but hey, things happen and we didn't let that ruin our experience! Also, I can't believe I missed the dismeet!!!! I was SO looking forward to that and to meet some of the individuals on this board! However, our dinner at Garden Grill was something I just couldn't cut short and it is always the best meal of every single one of our vacations!

I had a few things that shocked me and it was the size of strollers, bike strollers to be exact, and rolling suitcases or rolling coolers that people took into the parks. My DH and I both commented that we wouldn't want to have to deal with those items in the parks. However, neither the bike strollers or rolling coolers came close to this major shocker, our family was waiting for the MSEP, near Frontierland, and a mom dropped her two DD's (probably 6 & 8ish) by us JUST before the parade started and told them to stand here to watch the parade and I'll come back to get you when it is done :confused3! My DH and I tried watching to see where she went but she disappeared! I sure hope they found each other after the end of the parade chaos!

Thank you Beach Club staff for making this a vacation that we will always remember!!!!

What a great day!! Flight arrived early, got our luggage and rental car in no time, and arrived at the BC at 10:30 after a quick stop at the liquor store....
We were greeted and taken up to the fifth floor where our favorite Hyacinth checked us in! Had welcome drinks and pictures with Neil, Vilma and Hyacinth, and our room was ready! Have an awesome view, full balcony, right near lounge and elevator! SO HAPPY!! heading to Crews cup for lunch, gorgeous day.... Will post pics soon:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter