There is a new thread:* Don't post here* 2014 BC&YC FAQ *MAY-SEPT 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi... I know that I posted this a while back - but never really got an answer so I thought I would try again. Planning on going back to the world early next May. We were hoping to try Yacht or Beach Club this time. (Always stayed by MK - Poly being our favorite - but not sure how much construction will still be going on). Anyway here is my question.

Does anyone know why there are only garden view rooms available at the Yacht Club for first part of May 2015?? I was leaning Yacht Club because I don't want to take a chance with not getting a full balcony - but I was also hoping for Pool or Lagoon view and I dont want to upgrade to Club this trip.

Is there plans for major construction for this time period or is it really going to be that full?

TIA

New lockers were installed recently along the poolside pathway near Beaches & Cream. I thought I took a picture showing where they are located but I don't see that right now. Near where the waterfall in the pool is.

There always seemed to be lockers available when I walked by and looked. I used a locker Tuesday, at 2 pm.

Lockers are quite large- I fit a backpack in comfortably and a lot more could have gone in there.

:goodvibes

Thanks for this reminder. We used lockers last spring but I totally forgot. Planning Monday to be a pool day before Tragical Express picks us up at 4 p.m. So now we are all set.

Hi... I know that I posted this a while back - but never really got an answer so I thought I would try again. Planning on going back to the world early next May. We were hoping to try Yacht or Beach Club this time. (Always stayed by MK - Poly being our favorite - but not sure how much construction will still be going on). Anyway here is my question.

Does anyone know why there are only garden view rooms available at the Yacht Club for first part of May 2015?? I was leaning Yacht Club because I don't want to take a chance with not getting a full balcony - but I was also hoping for Pool or Lagoon view and I dont want to upgrade to Club this trip.

Is there plans for major construction for this time period or is it really going to be that full?

TIA

That does seem odd, but I just went over to the Disney site, put in May 2-9, for 4 people at YC and GV and Club Level were the only categories coming up for me, too.

I don't know the answer to your question- maybe some convention rooms have been blocked off. Maybe for some reason not all rooms are being released for that date yet.

My advice is to book the GV room (which is lovely, and will quite possibly have some views of Crescent Lake), and keep checking. At least you will have a room. If nothing opens up, you can ask at checkin about upgrading.

But I think sometime between now and May you will be able to find an opening for a WV/LV room.

:thumbsup2

A group of us had breakfast at the Captain's Grille on Monday morning.

Note: If you use a Disney Visa to pay for your meal at breakfast or lunch, you will receive a 10% discount on your check.

:)

Although the restaurant offers a great buffet, which also includes custom omelets that are prepared in the kitchen and are brought to your table, nobody opted for that choice.

Breakfast Buffet - Seasonal Fruit, Yogurt, Assorted Pastries, Smoked Salmon, Bread Pudding, Oatmeal, Cold Kelloggs Cereals, Bacon, Sausage, Savory Hash Browns, Scrambled Eggs, and Chef’s Frittata. Includes Coffee, Tea, Juice, or Soft Drinks - $16.99 *

The Citrus-scented French toast caught my eye, but I had promised someone who posted on this thread that I would try the Dark Chocolate Waffles. What's a girl to do?

I ordered both!

For research purposes, of course.

So what are my thoughts? I preferred the waffles.

I had two waffles and a piece of the French toast left over, which I took back to my room. Rebecca's mom and I shared one of the waffles the afternoon before our DIS meet since it really is more like a dessert than breakfast.

Here's some pictures of my two breakfast entrees along with a couple of other orders at the table.

Citrus-scented French Toast - Challah Bread with Lavender-infused Strawberry Compote and White Chocolate Ganache with your choice of Bacon or Sausage - $11.99

Dark Chocolate Waffles - Dried Cherry Compote, Espresso-Mascarpone Cream, Chocolate Shavings, and a choice of Bacon or Sausage - $10.99

Lobster Omelet - Butter-poached Lobster, Asparagus, Chive Cream, and Savory Hash Browns - $13.49

Poached Eggs - Lump Crab Salad, Prosciutto, Potato Rösti, and Herb Hollandaise - $13.99

But now I have buyers remorse- I forgot all about the Lemon-Ricotta Hotcakes!!!

Lemon-Ricotta Hotcakes - with Blueberry Compote, Lemon Curd, and Savory Hash Browns - $10.99

My family tkaes its first trip to the YC on Nov 19, and I wanted to let you all know that after reading this thread I am so excited!!

We are POR and WL lovers (we have also stayed at the All-Stars- never again - and all the moderates). We tried to book POR for FD and it was blacked out, so my TA talked me into YC. The next deluxe we really wanted to try was Poly - we love being so close to MK at WL. But I am now thinking we will LOVE YC!

Thanks so much for all the awesome info in this thread! :woohoo:

My family tkaes its first trip to the YC on Nov 19, and I wanted to let you all know that after reading this thread I am so excited!!

We are POR and WL lovers (we have also stayed at the All-Stars- never again - and all the moderates). We tried to book POR for FD and it was blacked out, so my TA talked me into YC. The next deluxe we really wanted to try was Poly - we love being so close to MK at WL. But I am now thinking we will LOVE YC!

Thanks so much for all the awesome info in this thread! :woohoo:

:welcome: to the thread!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

I think you made an excellent resort choice! Please let us know if you have any questions.

:cool1:

I believe I have updated the Be Our Guest list with all of the changes while I was away.

But you know the drill...take a peak and let me know if you need me to make any changes.

Post 15: Be Our Guest list

Although the restaurant offers a great buffet, which also includes custom omelets that are prepared in the kitchen and are brought to your table, nobody opted for that choice.

Breakfast Buffet - Seasonal Fruit, Yogurt, Assorted Pastries, Smoked Salmon, Bread Pudding, Oatmeal, Cold Kelloggs Cereals, Bacon, Sausage, Savory Hash Browns, Scrambled Eggs, and Chef’s Frittata. Includes Coffee, Tea, Juice, or Soft Drinks - $16.99 *

The Citrus-scented French toast caught my eye, but I had promised someone who posted on this thread that I would try the Dark Chocolate Waffles. What's a girl to do?

I ordered both!

I had two waffles and a piece of the French toast left over, which I took back to my room. Rebecca's mom and I shared one of the waffles the afternoon before our DIS meet since it really is more like a dessert than breakfast.

Here's some pictures of my two breakfast entrees along with a couple of other orders at the table.

Citrus-scented French Toast - Challah Bread with Lavender-infused Strawberry Compote and White Chocolate Ganache with your choice of Bacon or Sausage - $11.99

Dark Chocolate Waffles - Dried Cherry Compote, Espresso-Mascarpone Cream, Chocolate Shavings, and a choice of Bacon or Sausage - $10.99

Lobster Omelet - Butter-poached Lobster, Asparagus, Chive Cream, and Savory Hash Browns - $13.49

Poached Eggs - Lump Crab Salad, Prosciutto, Potato Rösti, and Herb Hollandaise - $13.99

Lemon-Ricotta Hotcakes - with Blueberry Compote, Lemon Curd, and Savory Hash Browns - $10.99

Love the pics- was the dark chocolate waffles too much chocolate?

- I know some of you are saying 'you can never have enough chocolate' but was it like 'death by chocolate' where you have chocolate overload?

looking forward to your trip report!!

:dance3:

Love the pics- was the dark chocolate waffles too much chocolate?

- I know some of you are saying 'you can never have enough chocolate' but was it like 'death by chocolate' where you have chocolate overload?

looking forward to your trip report!!

:dance3:

Now, now, with your screen name, I wouldn't think too much chocolate would be a concern!

The waffle was good. The chocolate was not overpowering at all.

A group of us had breakfast at the Captain's Grille on Monday morning. Although the restaurant offers a great buffet, which also includes custom omelets that are prepared in the kitchen and are brought to your table, nobody opted for that choice. Breakfast Buffet - Seasonal Fruit, Yogurt, Assorted Pastries, Smoked Salmon, Bread Pudding, Oatmeal, Cold Kelloggs Cereals, Bacon, Sausage, Savory Hash Browns, Scrambled Eggs, and Chef’s Frittata. Includes Coffee, Tea, Juice, or Soft Drinks - $16.99 * The Citrus-scented French toast caught my eye, but I had promised someone who posted on this thread that I would try the Dark Chocolate Waffles. What's a girl to do? I ordered both! For research purposes, of course. So what are my thoughts? I preferred the waffles. I had two waffles and a piece of the French toast left over, which I took back to my room. Rebecca's mom and I shared one of the waffles the afternoon before our DIS meet since it really is more like a dessert than breakfast. Here's some pictures of my two breakfast entrees along with a couple of other orders at the table. Citrus-scented French Toast - Challah Bread with Lavender-infused Strawberry Compote and White Chocolate Ganache with your choice of Bacon or Sausage - $11.99 http://s657.photobucket.com/user/natebenma/media/Captains Grille/DSCF1254.jpg.html Dark Chocolate Waffles - Dried Cherry Compote, Espresso-Mascarpone Cream, Chocolate Shavings, and a choice of Bacon or Sausage - $10.99 http://s657.photobucket.com/user/natebenma/media/Captains Grille/DSCF1256.jpg.html Lobster Omelet - Butter-poached Lobster, Asparagus, Chive Cream, and Savory Hash Browns - $13.49 http://s657.photobucket.com/user/natebenma/media/Captains Grille/DSCF1249.jpg.html Poached Eggs - Lump Crab Salad, Prosciutto, Potato Rösti, and Herb Hollandaise - $13.99 http://s657.photobucket.com/user/natebenma/media/Captains Grille/DSCF1252.jpg.html But now I have buyers remorse- I forgot all about the Lemon-Ricotta Hotcakes!!! Lemon-Ricotta Hotcakes - with Blueberry Compote, Lemon Curd, and Savory Hash Browns - $10.99 .

Wow that lobster omelette looks amazing! I may need to try that on our very first YC stay next weekend!

"So sorry to hear about your GS's injury

Hope you are able to put it behind you, have a fantastic trip and come on back for a stay in December. Let us know."

Thank You Dee! I think I've finally made my peace with his not being able to travel.. I'm looking forward to some quality time with my Daughter (the favourite Aunt - lol) Everything for a reason I believe.

Will def keep you posted on our planned return to the YC ;)

I ordered both!

Now I want to cancel my Cape May breakfast and do this! Thank you so much for this review. I never knew the breakfast options at Captain's Grille were so good. I am going to have to fit it in somehow.

Hi all. I'm planning a trip for next August and though we love love LOVE WL my dad is joining us and I think the Beach Club would be his preference. We toured the hotel on our last trip a week ago and loved it so we're exploring that option. Forgive me please if this has already been discussed but I thought I read that SAB will be undergoing a rehab next year. Has anyone heard that? If so we might look at another property as that is a big reason we would stay there.

Thanks for the pictures (and for trying the waffles) I'm really looking forward to trying them now. The chocolate ones look really good. I'm heading to OKW in about a month and a half for a few days so i'll head over for my usual tour around the Epcot area resorts. Then there will only be a short 6 months (I hope short anyway) until I actually get to stay at BC.

We checked into YC this morning. Room wasn't ready at 8:00AM which was fine with me. We headed to Epcot to use our FP+ and it was very light in crowd at Epcot today. We did everything including Soarin, Test Track, Mission Space, Figment, characters, Nemo, etc and was at Mexico before the pavilion opened. We were actually first to ride Grand Fiesta! :thumbsup2 We had lunch at Tokyo and by 1pm we headed to YC to check out our room and get out of heat! It is again, high 90s and humid!
I actually received text from YC that our room was ready by 9:55AM. We book GV room and only thing requested was view of wedding gazebo. Our room is on second floor with view of wedding gazebo but little further out on the wing towards presidential unit so really looking into Stormalong Bay, BC, and Epcot. Bellman brought our luggage within 5 minutes and when he saw the view, he said that we will have perfect view of Illumination from our room. pixie dust: I know that lots of people have been complaining about BC/YC room being worn out. Our room looks clean but I could see there are worn our place if I look closely. It's not horrible or anything. Staff have been very friendly and accommodating so far!:goodvibes

Hi all. I'm planning a trip for next August and though we love love LOVE WL my dad is joining us and I think the Beach Club would be his preference. We toured the hotel on our last trip a week ago and loved it so we're exploring that option. Forgive me please if this has already been discussed but I thought I read that SAB will be undergoing a rehab next year. Has anyone heard that? If so we might look at another property as that is a big reason we would stay there.

Pool rehab next August is news to me. I have not heard anything like that. I would be very surprised if an SAB rehab would ever be scheduled in the summer- the only way I could imagine that happening is if there was an emergency repair needed.

Normally, SAB is scheduled for regular maintenance in the winter- One third of the pool is worked on at a time and the other 2 sections remain open, then the other two sections are worked on. Although I don't remember hearing that any part of the pool was closed this past January.

The BC resort rooms will be undergoing refurbishment in the coming months- at this point we are not sure how long the work will take so I don't know if they will still be working on rooms in August or not. Any work at the resort is done with the least amount of disruption to guests possible- most of the time guests won't even realize work is happening around them.

See the very first post in this thread for more info.

Thanks for the pictures (and for trying the waffles) I'm really looking forward to trying them now. The chocolate ones look really good. I'm heading to OKW in about a month and a half for a few days so i'll head over for my usual tour around the Epcot area resorts. Then there will only be a short 6 months (I hope short anyway) until I actually get to stay at BC.

Enjoy!

Pool rehab next August is news to me. I have not heard anything like that. I would be very surprised if an SAB rehab would ever be scheduled in the summer- the only way I could imagine that happening is if there was an emergency repair needed.

Normally, SAB is scheduled for regular maintenance in the winter- One third of the pool is worked on at a time and the other 2 sections remain open, then the other two sections are worked on. Although I don't remember hearing that any part of the pool was closed this past January.

The BC resort rooms will be undergoing refurbishment in the coming months- at this point we are not sure how long the work will take so I don't know if they will still be working on rooms in August or not. Any work at the resort is done with the least amount of disruption to guests possible- most of the time guests won't even realize work is happening around them.

See the very first post in this thread for more info.

Thanks for the info. The more I read about BC the more I want to stay there . :cool1:

Dee - please post pics if you wish. I haven't had a chance to really go through the thread or check my email.

BUT - Operation Three Glasses of Wine from the Club Lounge is in full swing. I've had two glasses of wine served to me by the lovely Nick, who was singing Gloria Gaynor despite being far too young to know who that is. Will attempt a third shortly. They are serving roasted yellow beets with goat cheese and some green dressing of sorts that is just ridiculously tasty.

I thought I had found online that Amazon Pantry delivers through USPS, so it wouldn't be sent to the convention center? Was hoping to avoid that extra fee, but oh well!

I don't know if anyone else is interested, but here are a few more details about my experience with Prime Pantry - the prime pantry shipping was $5.99 and my package was delivered through UPS. I placed the order on the morning of August 4, it was shipped August 5, and delivered August 8. UPS website says the package weighed 41.5 lbs. I don't see how that's possible, but perhaps it's true?

I thought Amazon's prices were pretty fair (under $4 for a 24-count case of water), so I don't mind the $16.00 upcharge ($6 for UPS and $10 for YC convention center fee) for the convenience of having our necessities hand delivered to the room. We really didn't have room for that stuff in the car anyway and I certainly didn't want to go to the store on my vacation time! I will probably use this service again in October when I visit.

Dee - please post pics if you wish. I haven't had a chance to really go through the thread or check my email.

BUT - Operation Three Glasses of Wine from the Club Lounge is in full swing. I've had two glasses of wine served to me by the lovely Nick, who was singing Gloria Gaynor despite being far too young to know who that is. Will attempt a third shortly. They are serving roasted yellow beets with goat cheese and some green dressing of sorts that is just ridiculously tasty.

I emailed the pictures to you for when you get home.

Here are a couple from Small World

The beets and goat cheese app. sounds amazing- I love that combination !

Good luck with your wine project.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter