There is a new thread:* Don't post here* 2014 BC&YC FAQ *MAY-SEPT 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you come back to this post and share your review after your trip? Id appreciate it! Especially if you wind up preferring BC. I'm leaning to BC but it's fluctuating by the minute lol
Absolutely! I do like the idea of being that much closer to Epcot and "changing it up" if just a bit.

I think I am going to react the same way. This is my 10th visit to wdw but we've never stayed at a "deluxe" resort (in '87 and '92 we stayed in the "Treehouses"- prior to the big reno - but not sure if they were considered "deluxe")
Honestly, in '12 I was tickled to be staying in a Mod (POFQ) and never dreamed of a DELUXE!! Thanks to FD and FREE airfare (round trip for all 5 of us purchased entirely with points!) we decided that if we were EVER going to do a deluxe, this was the trip to do it on!!
I am sooo excited! I have to hold back from looking at the video tours on youtube! Pix I'm doing yes, but I don't want the videos to take away from the initial impact that I know BC will have on me!.......one that will surely have tears flowing!! ::yes::
And it's okay to cry those happy tears. It still feel blessed being able to stay in a deluxe now. And trust me, even if you watch all those videos, experiencing it on your own will still be totally awesome!! :cheer2:

I'm home ... all nicely medicated ... at least I think this is home.
We are all so glad you're back! Hoping for a "loopy" post tho, and you disappointed me. :lmao:

I see a lot of room requests for the first floor. Is there a particular reason for this? Do more of those rooms have full balconies? Just curious. We are staying GV and I'm trying to decide what to request.
Occasionally we had requested first floor. We really liked having a full size patio and being able to walk out and around without having to go out the "normal way". Staying at the Yacht Club one year, we walked from our patio to the waterfront to watch Illuminations some nights, and the kids romped around in the grass and around the wedding pavilion while we sat and watched. It was so convenient.

BC first timer here staying just for a couple days, 6/26-6/28, after 4 night on the Dream. Really excited to check it out especially after reading this thread. My dd can't wait to swim at SAB!!
I'll see you there!! Except I won't know who you are, and you won't know who I am, but we can pretend whenever we pass someone... :flower3:

page 24-27

Checking in from the BC!! Been here since Thursday - loving it so far :) Love love love being able to walk to Epcot. The few ADR's I made are in Epcot, so if we have left overs (which we generally do, since my husband had gastric bypass surgery last year), we just walk them back to the room and enjoy them later :)
Our room is great - paid for garden View, which we do have, but we also have a great view of the beach and lake ! We are near the volley ball court, 3rd floor. Pretty quiet - far from the main elevators, but we do have a single elevator just around the corner from us.
You'd have laughed at us once we checked in and were looking the room over - after getting excited over the view, and realizing where we were located, my son and I abandoned hubby and ran around trying to find the secret entrance/exit :) In our haste we almost forgot our room number, and only got slightly lost before finding the room again ! Whenever we go in or out the secret entrance, my husband insists on closing the gate behind us - I think he thinks it stops anyone else from finding the door ;)
Glad to hear Teena is doing good - I looked for her on Sunday, and now I know why I didn't see her - we'll just have to stay here again sometime so we get to meet her !!
Well, breakfast just arrived, so better sign off for now !

Thanks for checking in with us. Glad your trip is off to a great start.

Kudos to your husband for trying to protect the location of the secret entrance (worst.kept.secret EVER)

:rotfl2:

what is the easiest/most affordable way to have water and basic breakfast items like cereal or poptarts shipped to the resort? Is Garden grocer the way to go or is it easy to ship form Walmart.com ? I know the thread said to use only US mail, but what if you ship from a store site that you can't choose how it ships?

Thanks for any advice!!!!

Easiest- probably getting a case from the Marketplace, $16

Most affordable- I don't know. I'll come back and edit in the post I have on Page 1 about options for getting water.

:goodvibes

What is the Best Way to Get a Case of Water (or other items) for Your Room?

The Yacht & Beach Club is a Convention resort so items that are shipped their by UPS or FedEx will be delivered to the convention mailing center and will be subject to a charge based on the weight of the item.

Because of this, it is often better to send items directly to resort via United States Postal Service (see instructions in the Other Useful Info Post)

I'm still working on this, so if anyone has suggestions or recent info about the prices of a case of water from the following sources, please let me know.

What are the options for getting a case of water or other items to your room, along with the advantages and disadvantages of each method???

Beach Club Marketplace, Dasani 24 pack, $16- need confirmation (no delivery fee)

Hess Gas Station near BW resort (no delivery fee, but must walk or drive there)- walk through the BW parking lot and it's just across the street from the entrance gate for BW. It is a bit of a hike, so if you decide to walk over there for water or other beverages, we suggest you take an empty rolling suitcase to make the transportation easier

Walmart/Target- must drive there, or take cab

Delivery Options:
Turner Drug, (407) 828-8125 - Cost? Delivery Fee?***
Staples- Cost? Delivery Fee? To front desk or convention center?
Garden Grocer- Cost? Minimum order required

Question about DVC Villas. My home resort is BLT and I am hoping to maybe stay at the BC in August next year. How difficult is it to get the BC for the second half of August at the 7 month mark?

Don't know the answer to your question, but

:welcome: to the thread!

I hope you are able to get a reservation to BCV next summer!

:cool1:

I'm home ... all nicely medicated ... at least I think this is home. My head is spinning. Anyway, thank you for all the prayers and good wishes. It was a bad five days and I can't thank you all enough for all the wonderful well wishes!!!

Thanks Dee for being my voice. Most of you know I don't have a smart phone or laptop so when I'm not at my desktop computer, I have to rely on Dee for everything. What would we all do without her????

So glad you are home and feeling better! Rest up and just keep dreaming of your happy place, coming soon!

My pleasure! Everyone was really concerned about you and I'm sure all the prayers and good vibes helped!

:grouphug:

Back from a stay at Yacht Club (17th May to 22nd) and just wanted to say how much I enjoyed it. Chose it for the location and got a good price on a standard room courtesy of - ahem - a non-Disney site (can I say that here or will I be chased away with a fly swot?) :) Best thing about it for me was the location - close to my 2 favourite parks of DHS and Epcot and with the facilities of Broadwalk also close by.

I was in (I think) 2170, which was on the second floor, had a king-size bed and a limited view of the garden (which was fine by me as the main thing was it was quiet). Room was an excellent size, I had towel animals every day (always brought a smile to my face) and although I barely watched it, a good number of TV channels. Staff were lovely - I was pleasantly surprised by the personal greeting when I arrived and check in was very smooth. I really liked the smell they pumped into the reception area as well - in fact the whole theming worked well for me.

There were a number of minor issues (nothing that spoilt it or would stop me going back but they're worth a mention):
- the bathroom layout is weird. Worked fine for me as I was on my own but I can see the tiny bath area as being a possible issue for more than one person;
- the buses to AK and DTD weren't great. Had an average wait of 30 minutes - don't know if I was unlucky but it was a bit frustrating;
- there was one day where my room hadn't been cleaned properly (a couple of things had dropped out of my bin and there was a towel left on the carpet - not one I'd put there, by the way). Not a big deal but a bit irritating given that I was leaving tips each day.

Anywho, I'm hoping to try and do a trip back next year and would definitely consider YC again if I could get it for a decent price.

Thanks to the people here for all the information.

1F

Thanks for your review. Glad you had a great trip!

:)

BC first timer here staying just for a couple days, 6/26-6/28, after 4 night on the Dream. Really excited to check it out especially after reading this thread. My dd can't wait to swim at SAB!!

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:woohoo:

Do they still do the t-shirt making? My kids always use to do that one and I saved all the shirts they made. :love:

Thank you for posting the activities calendar! My DD(19, will be 20 the week after our vacation) saw the tie dyed t-shirts and wants to know if she can do one? Any age restrictions? She wants it to go with her collection from the ones she's made for her sorority...

Not aware of an age restriction.

I have a couple of photos in the Activities Section (Post 4). I'll edit in the info.

:thumbsup2

ETA:

Here's a description and pictures of the Tye-Dye Mickey Shirt activity:

The Mickey T-shirt activity is making a tie-dye Mickey t-shirt (with the Hidden Mickey outline in the center). The recreation CMs have already rubber banded the t-shirt for that particular design. You get to pick your colors and apply them to the shirt. DD8 did it last September and it was $17.95. I helped her with it, it was a lot of fun, and her shirt turned out to be very cute. I saw mostly kids doing it, some with parents, but I think that anyone could do it. They wrap your shirt in plastic wrap then put it in a ziploc bag for you. When you get home, you just have to rinse it out and wash it. The longer the color stays on the shirt, the more intense it is. We charged it to the room on our KTTW card and it showed up as babysitting charges.

If you are a DVC member, ask about a discount on this activity.

Tyedye2.jpg
Tyedye1.jpg

TyeDyeShirtcindydare.jpg

Thanks for the photos ALMinVA and cindydare!

I found a pic! This was the soap I bought at Target that smelled just like the BC lobby!!! :)

bf82e7b555659abfa27b3a216441e4dc.jpg

I have a section in the FAQ about redneck scent solutions to bringing the smell of the Yacht & Beach club home, and almost all of them include the word "discontinued" Dang!

:sad2:

"Ninja Mom's Chair hoggers survival tactics"

hog-lido-blog.jpg

Chair hogging happens at EVERY Disney resort so there is no need for our faithful worry warts to get their panties in a bunch.

At Storm Along Bay during the busy pool season you will see chairs with towels on them and no other personal items. When the pool is crowded and seating is in demand there is no need for these EMPTY chairs to go unused while the hog is not at the pool.

What has been happening in the past is that before they go to the parks, packs of chair piggys will descend upon the pool, deposit resort towels on the chairs and then LEAVE FOR THE DAY!

It is against the rules of the pool to save chairs all day when the chair saver is NOT AT THE POOL.

To combat this insanity and avoid an unfortunate confrontation should piggy finally make their way to the pool, Ninja Mom recommends finding a chair with NO personal Items on it (it's ok to move it if it has just a RESORT towel on it and the people near the chair say they are not using it) and MOVING it to a New Location. It doesn't have to go far... but by moving the chair Piggy will have no idea WHERE it WENT and thus will not have anybody to yell at.

Basically you can't yell at someone who isn't there... and besides, you have every right to an unattended chair and Piggy has NO right to save it.
So that's the best advice to combat the chair hogs who will be popping up shortly during high pool season.

~NM

Reposting so I can add the link to these instructions to the "Other Useful Info" post.

I'll see you there!! Except I won't know who you are, and you won't know who I am, but we can pretend whenever we pass someone... :flower3:[/QUOTE]

I'll see both of you there too, look for me drinking cocktails by the pool haha

Hi everyone~ just throwing my Mickey ears into the ring;) We are staying at the YC in August. This is our 3rd stay at YC/BC and we are "Epcot people" so we're real psyched to be staying back in that area.

Happy planning everyone~~:yay:

Checked in the am about 8 am at YC . Rooms were ready - yeah ! 5195 and 5197 I think. Standard view - roof straight out but to the right Sab.! So not totally horrible. Will post pics later. At ak. 9:30 and already rode prime evil whirl and EE. Both walk ons .

You're most welcome! :goodvibes I'm sorry it's out of stock - I didn't realize that when I posted the link! But hopefully, they'll be able to get it in stock soon!!! :cloud9:

It's been about a year since I've seen it at Target. I think Disney needs to partner with Basin and release a whole line of products in this scent! Instant best seller!!! :thumbsup2

Excellent! Here are some graphics that might be fun to use!

hog-lido-blog.jpg

no-pool-chair-for-you.jpg

"Ninja Mom's Chair hoggers survival tactics"

Chair hogging happens at EVERY Disney resort so there is no need for our faithful worry warts to get their panties in a bunch.

At Storm Along Bay during the busy pool season you will see chairs with towels on them and no other personal items. When the pool is crowded and seating is in demand there is no need for these EMPTY chairs to go unused while the hog is not at the pool.

What has been happening in the past is that before they go to the parks, packs of chair piggys will descend upon the pool, deposit resort towels on the chairs and then LEAVE FOR THE DAY!

It is against the rules of the pool to save chairs all day when the chair saver is NOT AT THE POOL.

To combat this insanity and avoid an unfortunate confrontation should piggy finally make their way to the pool, Ninja Mom recommends finding a chair with NO personal Items on it (it's ok to move it if it has just a RESORT towel on it and the people near the chair say they are not using it) and MOVING it to a New Location. It doesn't have to go far... but by moving the chair Piggy will have no idea WHERE it WENT and thus will not have anybody to yell at.

Basically you can't yell at someone who isn't there... and besides, you have every right to an unattended chair and Piggy has NO right to save it.
So that's the best advice to combat the chair hogs who will be popping up shortly during high pool season.

~NM

Reposting so I can add the link to these instructions to the "Other Useful Info" post.

I looked on the info page for YC rooms and it states a 4-cup coffee pot with a flat bottomed filter basket. This is still correct yes? It's just a regular pot right? Im bringing my own, so I wanted to make sure.

thanks!

-penny

I looked on the info page for YC rooms and it states a 4-cup coffee pot with a flat bottomed filter basket. This is still correct yes? It's just a regular pot right? Im bringing my own, so I wanted to make sure.

thanks!

-penny

No, that is not correct. :( All the resort rooms at both YC and BC have the Cuisinart Double Pod Machines. They make a single cup of coffee using a coffee pod. The pod looks like a flat, round tea bag. The machine will make two single cups at the same time. The BCV studios have the four cup pot, not the resort rooms.

coffeemakerRorey-1.jpg

Dee - you might want to change that in your information pages. :)
here: http://disboards.com/showpost.php?p=51438326&postcount=8
http://disboards.com/showpost.php?p=51438335&postcount=9

Great advice on pool hogging. I'm the swimmer, my wife occasionally wades in to cool off. If we find two chairs when we arrive, and I go off to swim while she suns and reads, are we hogging a chair? What about when she does decide to join me? Honestly, we probably only need 1 chair. But we don't want it taken while we are both in the water. So, do we leave something personal, more than a towel, on the chair? It's hard to believe people have the balls (apologies if offended) to hold a chair on the way to a park.

Great advice on pool hogging. I'm the swimmer, my wife occasionally wades in to cool off. If we find two chairs when we arrive, and I go off to swim while she suns and reads, are we hogging a chair? What about when she does decide to join me? Honestly, we probably only need 1 chair. But we don't want it taken while we are both in the water. So, do we leave something personal, more than a towel, on the chair? It's hard to believe people have the balls (apologies if offended) to hold a chair on the way to a park.

Ha! I have a great story about last summer at AKL. My daughter and I are walking to the pool area and heading to the chairs we had used the previous days (on the opposite side with and umbrella). I wasn't looking to be in THAT chair..just in the area.
This guy comes running past us, grabs 6 towels and as we are putting our stuff on the chairs, drops his towels on 6 chairs including the one my daughter was standing next to.

Mama bear got PISSED and said "uh, that is my daughter's chair" and he starting to give me lip about "oh.are you asking me or telling me"
:mad:

I said "I'm informing you"

then, after dropping all the towels, he disappeared for hours. I finally told a family that was wandering around that "someone left towels there, but never came back"

It's one thing to put your bathing suit cover up and shoes under a chair and enjoy the pool. It's another to drape a towel and never come back and expect it to be there.

On the cruise ships, they will walk around and pick up towels without personal items because it is such an issue.

It's been about a year since I've seen it at Target. I think Disney needs to partner with Basin and release a whole line of products in this scent! Instant best seller!!! :thumbsup2

I have never noticed the smell at the BC, but I did walk into the CR last weekend when I was there and thought "oh, that smell needs to be bottled"

It smelled so clean. Now I am going to the BC to see if it is the same scent

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter