There is a new thread:* Don't post here* 2014 BC&YC FAQ *MAY-SEPT 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
We arrive at BC in one week from today!!!!!!!! I. Can't. Wait!!!!!!!! Dee and everyone, I'm willing to do some investigating for you if you need me too. I'm planning on finding out if the bartenders still remember how to make Sunken Treasures, how hot DOES it get at 1pm at SAB, and how many cookies can a family of five eat in 7 days from the CL lounge. ;-)

I think the pros list is funny. We have only stayed at Yacht Club and are finally going over to the Beach Club next month. It will feel strange, as I always had a special place in my heart for the YC. And the first time we ever stayed deluxe, I cried. Seriously, I was so happy. Ha! That was always one of my "things" about being at the Yacht Club was the bus pickup was first. There were a few times (mostly during early entry MK) that the bus almost filled up, and only a few at the BC were able to get on, leaving a bunch of people unhappy. But I think I also recall the buses were very late for some reason, and everyone was antsy. This was NOT the norm.

We are the opposite - have always stayed at the BC, but I always thought about staying at the YC. I thought it was going to happen on our next trip. Originally there was no availability at the BC when I first booked. So I booked the YC. Then a few weeks ago my TA was able to get us BC for $600 less, so it's back to the BC! I had actually gotten excited to try the YC, but not $600 worth of excited ;).

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

ME picks you up three hours before your plane departs. Missing a flight would be extremely rare but I'm sure it's happened before. We usually arrive at MCO over two hours early for our flight. Don't be scared to use ME.

Agreed! We have never had a problem - it's convenient, easy and free! Three hours usually gets you there with plenty of time to spare. We actually like MCO so we don't mind spending some time there.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

We arrive at BC in one week from today!!!!!!!! I. Can't. Wait!!!!!!!! Dee and everyone, I'm willing to do some investigating for you if you need me too. I'm planning on finding out if the bartenders still remember how to make Sunken Treasures, how hot DOES it get at 1pm at SAB, and how many cookies can a family of five eat in 7 days from the CL lounge. ;-)
I had never been able to complete the task of trying to find out if resort guests could use the locker/shower room at the health club after swimming on check out day.

I had never been able to complete the task of trying to find out if resort guests could use the locker/shower room at the health club after swimming on check out day.

Do you know if you are able to use these facilities on check in day? We are driving and would like to check in early in the day (even if our room is not ready) then explore our resort and SAB. We can keep our luggage in the car, but may need a place to change clothes / use restroom? Thank you!

Do you know if you are able to use these facilities on check in day before your room is ready? We are driving and would like to check in early and even if our room is not ready - we can keep our luggage in the car while we explore SAB and the resort, but we may need a place for changing clothes. Thanks!

Do you know if you are able to use these facilities on check in day? We are driving and would like to check in early in the day (even if our room is not ready) then explore our resort and SAB. We can keep our luggage in the car, but may need a place to change clothes / use restroom? Thank you!

Yup! This! (Thanks, Cathy!)

1) Can resort guests use the health club facilities (locker room/shower)?
2) Where are the outdoor lockers at SAB (picture if possible) and location of outdoor showers
3) What kind of yogurt is available in Marketplace. Any Greek?

@ jen- you can keep luggage in car or hand it over to bell services if you wish. You can change/use the restroom in the hallway between the BC and YC- it is a nice bathroom. Preferable to the ones at poolside.

I think there are also rest rooms in the lobby, but I can't think of where they are.

:thumbsup2

I think there are also rest rooms in the lobby, but I can't think of where they are.

:thumbsup2

The rest rooms in the lobby are located on your right hand side as you are walking in the lakeside main door of the BC. They are close to the main elevator. In fact, if you walk into the building using that door on the right, you will be right at the restrooms.

IMG_0940-1.jpg
Here is a picture of the entry door. If you look at the lower right corner of the picture, there is an entry door on the far right, at the end of the porch. If you go in those doors, you'll find the restrooms.

There is also a huge bathroom at the quiet pool that you can use to change in if you plan to swim there.

Good luck with the cookies. I'm counting on you to let me know!!

We are the opposite - have always stayed at the BC, but I always thought about staying at the YC. I thought it was going to happen on our next trip. Originally there was no availability at the BC when I first booked. So I booked the YC. Then a few weeks ago my TA was able to get us BC for $600 less, so it's back to the BC! I had actually gotten excited to try the YC, but not $600 worth of excited ;).
I think I would have originally stayed YC if there was availability, but we had to go with BC. I am excited about it. And I agree, $600 savings is much better than trying somewhere else. :thumbsup2

If we are arriving to Beach Club around 12:30 -1:00 and the room isn't ready, can we go to parks, etc and not come back until after 9 and get luggage then?

If we are arriving to Beach Club around 12:30 -1:00 and the room isn't ready, can we go to parks, etc and not come back until after 9 and get luggage then?

Yup. You can either pick them up yourselves or call Bell Services from your room and they will bring them up.

Yup. You can either pick them up yourselves or call Bell Services from your room and they will bring them up.

Thanks, we are debating what to do our first day! One plan would keep us from coming back to hotel until finished for the day/night, the other would keep us in the "area" so I can see the room when ready (if I choose)!

I don't know if I'll want to wait until after we are done for the day to see the room, I'm very impatient! :rotfl:

We are at 3 months 3 weeks and 1 day!!! Can't wait! I want to see SAB, smell the lovely lobby, and walk to Epcot! I wish we were there now.

I only wish it wasn't during Food and Wine. I may be the only person who doesn't get excited about it. To me it just clogs up WS!

Thanks for giving away my secret to saving a table at CHH for my family of 5. :stir: Now I'll have to add personal items, such as ketchup and honey mustard packets to make it look like we just stepped away for a bit.

Well! If anyone should happen to chance upon your reserved table, once they get a gander at your fancy schmancy Grey Poupon, Free range Honey mustard and carcinogenic free catsup they will think a nutritionist is lurking about doing a study and beet feet before they become ensnared in a "survey".

Confession: Everyone knows that DawnMaree just has her butler save the table all day. They tried to take him on the Haunted Mansion ride once and he almost didn't make it back, so he has to stay put.

~NM

Just wanted to share, tomorrow we fly to Tampa to pick up my grandsons, daughter and son-in-law and then bright and early Saturday morning we will be arriving at the BC. Can't wait to hang around the pool and check out how big a Deluxe CL room actually is. I hear it is huge!!!:)

Planning on hitting Epcot for 2 FP rides and then the rest of the day is at the Pool! Also excited for our FP for the new Seven Dwarf's Mine Train on Sunday.

Well! If anyone should happen to chance upon your reserved table, once they get a gander at your fancy schmancy Grey Poupon, Free range Honey mustard and carcinogenic free catsup they will think a nutritionist is lurking about doing a study and beet feet before they become ensnared in a "survey".

Confession: Everyone knows that DawnMaree just has her butler save the table all day. They tried to take him on the Haunted Mansion ride once and he almost didn't make it back, so he has to stay put.

~NM

NM You always make me smile!!! I REALLY needed the laugh today, so Thanks So Much :thumbsup2

Yup! This! (Thanks, Cathy!) 1) Can resort guests use the health club facilities (locker room/shower)? 2) Where are the outdoor lockers at SAB (picture if possible) and location of outdoor showers 3) What kind of yogurt is available in Marketplace. Any Greek?

Consider it done! My family is going to roll their eyes at me if I let them know I'm doing any kind of investigative work so it will have to be a covert operation.

Good luck with the cookies. I'm counting on you to let me know!! :thumbsup2

Thanks! I'll do my best! Our family might turn into the Weebles family (Weebles wobble but they don't fall down! Except I do fall sometimes but only after imbibing....) with all those cookies, chips and Sweedish fish they serve in the lounge!

Good news! Our daughter who broke her wrist got her cast off this morning! No gymnastics for three more weeks but no restrictions on swimming or going to WDW! Yippee! We are headed out to see orthopedic doctor #2 to see how my other daughter's broken baby toe is healing.

I just had to share good news since it's because of all of you, and your wonderful posts about the YC/BC, that not only have I talked my DH into going back to Disney (no easy task, let me tell you) but it's going to be either the YC or BC for us!!! :dance3:

I am so excited I want to dance and scream!! Our last trip we were going to stay at the YC, but at the last minute he really wanted the GF again. And it wasn't all that great trip, so he was "Disney Disilliioned". So I've been pricing out what it would be for 2016 (obviously just ball parking) with the current discounts and at first we picked WL, but it's actually just a bit cheaper to stay at YC / BC with a discount. :banana: Okay by me! So he said to me today, if you could only go to Disney one last time, where would you stay?

And that sealed the deal. So I am SOOOOOOOO excited to read all of your posts and see all of your pictures and learn as much as I can about both resorts. (and mostly live vicariously through all of you for 2 years till we get to go!) :surfweb: Not sure if it will be YC or BC, but who cares, right??

We were able to this past trip leaving on 5/1 at Coronado Springs. We were so gross from the parks that morning and wanted to shower as we wouldn't get home til roughly 1 am following our flight back to NJ. We asked in the lobby to verify even though I was sure we could. The CM said she didn't think so off the bat because technically we weren't guests anymore but I didn't panic. The CM went to ask a manager and came back with a resounding yes. A guest is a guest as much on check in day as check out day IMO.

I'm sure same holds true at YC BC too.

So we have finally decided we are going to go back in June of 2015. Our last visit (DH, DS, & DD's first time) we stayed at the BC and absolutely loved it. The room was big enough, the kids loved SAB, and I being by the Boardwalk and EPCOT. I have always wanted to try out every resort, but I find myself leaning more and more towards the BC again! :) So, after much discussion, it looks like we will be back next June! I can't wait!!! :cool1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter