The Worst Of WDW Food Awards

Seems many have not learned the Hot dogs are bad anywhere at Disney. I had one around 27 years ago at HS still remember IT (intentional) Made my stomach turn... NEVER ordered one any where again in the 30+ trips after. Seeing one makes me ill. I will not even walk on the sidewalk near Casey's. that so many rave about. If I had a choice between a Disney Hot Dog and a half discarded box of popcorn I would pick the box up and eat the popcorn. Did I mention to never eat a Hotdog at Disney?
so you think hot dogs are bad everywhere at wdw even though you havent had one in 30 years?

sounds like a well researched and completely rational conclusion.

Regarding Casey's hot dogs. Same here. Which is too bad because we were looking forward to it....I know, I know, it's just a hot dog. But wouldn't it add to the Disney excitement if they had one place on property that had an above-average product? In other words, if someone wants a REALLY good hot dog, they should always go to Casey's for instance. Or, as an example, if someone wants a REALLY good churro, they should go to one specific cart at Hollywood Studios; the others can just remain satisfactory.
It would just be nice to plan these little moments of excitement.

The sweet and spicy chicken waffle sandwich from Sleepy Hollow was one of the worst things I have ever purchased in WDW.

I'm very rarely disappointed, but the worst meal I've ever had was a cheeseburger at the Everything Pop food court. It was obviously sitting around for a long time under a lamp and had no flavor.

I used to enjoy Capt Cooks QS at the Poly but just one bad experience and I don’t want to take the chance especially with the increase pricing for the bad memory.

Last edited:
Seems many have not learned the Hot dogs are bad anywhere at Disney. I had one around 27 years ago at HS still remember IT (intentional) Made my stomach turn... NEVER ordered one any where again in the 30+ trips after. Seeing one makes me ill. I will not even walk on the sidewalk near Casey's. that so many rave about. If I had a choice between a Disney Hot Dog and a half discarded box of popcorn I would pick the box up and eat the popcorn. Did I mention to never eat a Hotdog at Disney?
I shall eat them every chance I get just to spite you and your ridiculous logic.

Not even close, Pecos Bills. They got the order wrong three times (I went back up three times, I was very nice, they were very apologetic, wouldn't have been a big deal) but then the food was AWFUL. Two of my kids got Uncrustables that were both crunchy on the outside. One kid got a burger that was at least edible. DH and I each ate a few bites and then just called it and left. Apparently all the tables were a mess when DH got over there with the kids, he had to clean one off for them. He said we could only go back to Disney this summer if I promised we didn't have to eat there.

It was our last night of a 10 day trip and was the first day after the first Halloween party and MK was not at it's finest in general, lots of trash on the ground etc. I think it was probably staffing struggles that the Halloween party had compounded, as it was the only day that trip that felt so off (we still managed to have a blast and just ate Dole Whips prior to our dessert party after dinner was a bust). :)

I think it would be awesome if at EPCOT during the food and wine show at the American pavilion if they were to bring in a legitimate regional specialty. Like bring in the best cheesesteak from Philly. Bring in that crazy sandwich from Pittsburgh. St Louis ribs or whatever. But, have the actual place make it. Not some cheesy Disney version of it. bring in the actual best to do it. Bring in John’s from Philly. Bring in the best guy from Austin to make the best barbecue. Bring in the top pizza place in Connecticut. The line would be so long.
Think the pizza needs to come from chicago. ;)

Best Pretzel: Pandora in AK (where they serve the boba drinks) or Villains Lair on top of BLT.

Worst Service: The old Wave (now Steahouse 71), the server sucked and then he upped his tip on his own. Called guest services and they refunded us the difference.

Worst Service 2: Villains Lair. We had seating issues as they clearly didn't want to seat a party of two at a 4-person table. They pretended to take our information for a waitlist, and they didn't. Server had to come back three times to verify our order of two drinks and an app.

Worst TS: Homecoming. On two separate trips, bit into the boneless fried chicken biscuit app and nearly lost a tooth on bone.

Overpriced: pretty much everything, but the little dish of olives or tiny box of truffle fries at Enchanted Rose is wayyyyyy overpriced.

Best Service: Hoop-de-doo, to finish on a positive note. Our DD was not feeling well so server offered alternate food options that she could stomach, plus brought some saltine crackers and allowed us to take some food in case she felt better and got hungry later (which she did). Also brought out two rounds of alcoholic drinks at the outset so we didn't have to wait for another round.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter