The Worst Of WDW Food Awards

Worst chicken fingers - The Lunching Pad "Caribbean Jerk Chicken Strips served with choice of Side"
These are regular chicken strips, topped with some mixture of, I don't know, maybe jalapeno and green pepper?? Now I am not claiming to be an expert on jerk chicken, but I do know, that this isn't it! 😀Would have been tolerable if it still tasted good, but no such luck. I couldn't wait to show these babies off, we had a good laugh over it.
View attachment 652714
Funny because someone on another thread just recommended these :)

People hating Skipper Canteen: we ate there in Oct and we really liked it. I thought my entree was great. Got the vegetarian stew with added chicken. Server gave me the tofu as well and it was good! I think any restaurant at Disney can have a bad day/server. You just have to speak up and get your money back. Then go somewhere else.

Also, people that get a bad CS item, take one bite and trash it: NO. Go get your money back. They don't care, they will refund you!

ps we like Pecos Bill and everyone seems to hate that place :jester:

So I know people are on vacation, they don't want to be bothered, they don't want to complain, but if you get served a bad food item, just say, 'please take this off the bill (or refund), it stinks'. They will ALWAYS refund you. Maybe if they get some pushback they will try harder. They are certainly charging enough!

Worst service: Via Napoli. We loved the food but OMG was service terrible and sooooo, soooooooo long.

Never again: Earl of Sandwich. I got salmonella last time we ate there from a chicken & mayo sandwich. Yes, confirmed salmonella, yes definitely from there because it was the only time my family and I had something different from one another in about 5 days. It was unfortunately the first day of our trip, it hit me strong the next day and made for a truly miserable vacation. I subsisted on powerade and hard boiled eggs. Couldn't go inside any buildings because my chills were so bad. Couldn't stand for longer than about 5 minutes without passing out. It was the only vacation I've taken that I've come home weighing significantly less than when we arrived.

Worst dining experience as a whole... for me Le Cellier. Bad food, so so service, tables way too close together. This was back in the day where it was THE RESERVATION that you HAD to get.
Oh my goodness the close tables! Bringing back memories of my and my DH’s first Disney trip together. We thought we’d do Le Cellier for a cutesy romantic dinner and were seated next to a tantruming toddler (not his fault, our dinner res was probably 9pm-ish, I’m sure he was exhausted) who knocked his drink (in an adult sized glass with no lid?) off their table and into my lap. I was soaked and we haven’t even attempted to go back.

I know everyone raves about Space 220 but I got the worst stomach issues from it. I’ll never go there again. It was a really expensive meal too 😫

Luckily not food poisoning, but my only big food disappointment during my trip in December was the cucumber margarita from the margarita stand in front of the Mexico pavilion. First sign should have been that all the drinks there were on tap vs freshly made. I've had cucumber drinks before and love them, usually nice and surprisingly refreshing. This was almost sour and just artificial tasting. Also tasted very syrupy. Not hint of cucumber at all. I feel bad wasting food and drinks, especially when I spend a lot of money on them, but I dumped it after only drinking about a third of it. Maybe I should have gone into La Cava to order.

How hard can it be to make a decent hot dog? I'm not sure where Disney gets those smokey sausage things from, but those are not hot dogs. Get yourself a nice Vienna all beef, slap it on a steamed poppyseed bun with some mustard, onion, and relish. Done. It ain't that difficult.

How hard can it be to make a decent hot dog? I'm not sure where Disney gets those smokey sausage things from, but those are not hot dogs. Get yourself a nice Vienna all beef, slap it on a steamed poppyseed bun with some mustard, onion, and relish. Done. It ain't that difficult.

Well, making a decent hot dog is definitely as easy as you've written.
I have no idea of the logistics behind doing it on the scale of Wallytown, though. You'd have to start with a supply that can meet demand, and go from there. I'd imagine that they throw their brand name around to make suppliers come down in price, perhaps even lose money for the recognition. But, truly, no idea.

Unfortunately, we weren't fans of their (Casey's) hot dogs either; we found them salty and mediocre. I'd even pay more to have a good one.

Mama Melrose gets our vote.

Dinner at 7:00, and we were told there was no decaf coffee! Server said they couldn't just make a pot because it held gallons.

The broccolini was mostly raw. We'd have needed steak knives to cut it. Table knives couldn't dent it.

And our pasta was barely warm.

Even though we were on the DDP and could have dessert, we said forget it.

Unfortunately, we weren't fans of their (Casey's) hot dogs either; we found them salty and mediocre. I'd even pay more to have a good one.
Yes, all of the Disney hotdogs we've sampled have been too salty. I guess they're all from the same supplier.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter